Zacchaeus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can read the story in Luke 19.
I'm picturing the scene. Jesus walking through the main street, encouraging, healing, joking, generally having a good time with the people. And He comes to the tree. And He's not the only one who notices the tax collector perched precariously on a branch peeking through the leaves at the crowd. Zacchaeus becomes the focus of attention. Hated, he becomes the focus of abuse and jokes. He's teased and sworn at. They laugh at his predicament and demean him because of his size. And maybe even his legs are shamefully uncovered.

But Jesus is different. Zacchaeus, let's have lunch.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock... Let's eat. I want your company. Let's spend some time together. And that's all it took to radically change a life. Just a little love in the midst of conflict.

There may be some unbelievers here. Maybe you are stressed, and came here looking for something but you aren't sure what.
Let me tell you, who you need is Jesus. Whatever conflict, stress, difficulties you are experiencing, Jesus loves you, wants to spend time with you, and can radically change your life.

Reactions: amadeus and Rita
R

Rita

Good word Brakelite - what stands out is the ‘ BUT Jesus was different ‘ I remember many years ago a pastor pointing out to me that the little words make so much difference when you notice them ‘ but ‘ ‘if ‘ ect
I guess I always notice them now !!!
Rita