Zech 11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
I'd like for us all to take a look at Zech 11 — a passage that almost no one studies in relationship to the days we are living in. In fact, I brought it up on one site and a very fine pastor said that he wondered where I got my thoughts. "Well, the Holy Spirit, sir."

So here goes my brief analysis: In 11:1-3 we see that there is a war in the MidEast encompassing Syria, Lebanon and Jordan — and likely Israel in their midst. What follows is Zechariah (11:4-5) taking the place of some supposed man of God and saying, "I will feed the flock of the slaughter." This I equate with what is happening in the EU today. The "mirey clay" (clay = descendants of Abraham) are "mingling" in the legs of the Daniel 2 "image" but they do not "cleave to one another, even as iron is not mixed with clay." (2:43) And there IS a religious party who seems to be behind this movement — the Pope. In 2015, he practically demanded in his speech to the EU Parliament, that they take in the refugees.

Forward to 11:6, "I will no more pity the inhabitants .. I will deliver them every one into his neighbors hand." I would submit that, before the rapture, there will be a change of attitude and the refugees will be returned to places like Saudi Arabia. And you know that this has already been mentioned by DJT in that it costs 1/4 the amount to "house" them there than in the USA or EU.

What appears to happen in 11:7 is that this person will make a covenant of "Beauty" (Jerusalem) and "Bands" (Temple worship, I'm thinking) with the "flock of the slaughter … poor of the flock." And anyone who knows eschatology knows who makes what covenant with Israel means, right?

And in 11:10-11, we quickly learn that that same person breaks his covenant .. betrays Christ (the church, 11:12-13, Rev 17:16) .. becomes the "foolish shepherd" and receives the head and arm wound that we have come to expect of the 7th beast who becomes the "idol shepherd" (has an idol made to himself).

So as we "watch and pray" unto the day of His coming, please consider Zech 11.

skypair