Zechariah 11:7-14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Zechariah, Chapter 11, 007: And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 008: Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul loathed them, and their soul also abhorred me. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 009: Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 010: And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 011: And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 012: And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 013: And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 014: Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel. Its a bit of a read, but in these passages is the inferance that Jesus, being the Staff of Beauty by the prophecy associated with it of the 30 pieces of silver, is the first of two people God sends to earth. The second person, the Staff of Bands, is not identified.Has anyone ever considered that perhaps Jesus was sent first to give the message and Michael is to be sent during the Tribulation to fight the Beast? This would explain much if Jesus is to be sent to save Michael from the destruction of the Beast at the Second Coming.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(JosyWales;61460)
Zechariah, Chapter 11, 007: And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 008: Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul loathed them, and their soul also abhorred me. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 009: Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 010: And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 011: And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 012: And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 013: And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD. Zechariah, Chapter 11, 014: Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel. Its a bit of a read, but in these passages is the inferance that Jesus, being the Staff of Beauty by the prophecy associated with it of the 30 pieces of silver, is the first of two people God sends to earth. The second person, the Staff of Bands, is not identified.Has anyone ever considered that perhaps Jesus was sent first to give the message and Michael is to be sent during the Tribulation to fight the Beast? This would explain much if Jesus is to be sent to save Michael from the destruction of the Beast at the Second Coming.
No, this is junk. Michael is in Heaven. And Jesus Christis our Lord.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Agreed JordanZechariah 11:7 "And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock."The "flock of slaughter", are those Christians who allowed themselves to be deceived. Whether by ignorance, or by listening to the traditional poetry of the false shepherd, all will be taught. "Even you", refers to the "Tares", as you will see in a later verse [Zechariah 14:21]. Who will feed this flock? The "elect" in the end times, when the Holy Spirit is using them to get the message out. These Tares/Kenites are the sheep traffickers that gain their prophets off of God's sheep.The "staves" are the rods used for control, and the "Beauty" [Grace], and "Bands" [union] are what is being taught. This is referring Jesus Christ, His grace and His love. However, this flock will have already bowed to the Antichrist, so this revival will take place in the Millennium age. This verse shows us that Jesus Christ is very patient, yet He will take care of the Tares and gather these tares in at His right time. Zechariah 11:8 "Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me."These "three shepherds" are the priests, magistrates, and false prophets. In one firm stroke, all three will be done away with. Jesus will clean house when He returns. God is telling us that He doesn't like them, or the games they play with their false doctrines, such as the "rapture theory". He doesn't like those false shepherds who lie, and deceive His sheep.Zechariah 11:9 "Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another."God is telling you that if you want to destroy yourself, go ahead, I'll let you. You can't even wait until the "staffs and bands", or New Testament [covenant] comes which is our Jesus Christ. God is saying, if you will not get into My Word, and be wise in understanding, I will let those false teachers and preachers take you for all you have. Zechariah 11:10 "And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people."This "staff" is the shepherd's staff. Christ is the "Beauty" [Grace] cut asunder on the cross. Here we are told why he died on the cross. Jesus Christ died to break that old covenant He made with the people, and out of the old covenant, Jesus established a New Covenant. This does not replace the Old Covenant, but completes it. The promises of the Old Testament are just as valid today as when they were made.Zechariah 11:11 "And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the Word of the Lord."The Old Covenant was broken in the day our Lord Jesus Christ hung on the cross of Calvary. Those Tares/Kenites that called for Jesus blood, that sat in the seat of Moses, knew of the Old Covenant, and waited to for their right time to kill Him. That right time was God's appointed time. Once again, the "poor of the flock" are the "Tares/Kenites". They are those sheep traffickers of verse eleven. Zechariah 11:12 "And I said unto them, If ye think good, So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver."The "thirty pieces of silver", was the price of a wounded slave, and that is the price Judas received to betray His Lord [Matthew 27:3-10]. This writing here in Zechariah, prophesying in detail the things about Christ's death, was spoken in 403 B.C. Sure Judas did repent of that sin. He then took the thirty pieces back and threw them on the floor of that dirty dove, mite infested temple.Zechariah 11:13 "And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord."This is exactly as it happened in Matthew 27:3-10. Though Judas didn't give it to the potter, the Kenite [those that call themselves Jews, but are not] high priest "Caiaphas" did. These Kenites Jewish religious leaders bought the potters field. The potters field is a place where makers of pottery throw all the broken and deformed works, the clay objects of pottery that no one wants, nor can use. It illustrates that the silver used in the betrayal of Jesus Christ could not be used to purchase anything of value. It also demonstrates in detail the perfect Word of God, through prophecy being acted out in accordance with God's timing. When a person ends up broken and on the potters heap, to the world he is a total loss. However there is hope for those that are down and out through their repentance. Our Lord offers complete forgiveness of all sin and a new life, all paid for with the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. When there is repentance in ones heart and faith that God can reshape their life if that lost soul is earnest. He knows the intent of your very heart [mind]. Zechariah 11:14 "Then I cut asunder mine other staff, and Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel."From verse ten through thirteen we saw God's prophecy of the "Beauty" [grace] given to us, by the death of our Lord Jesus on the cross. In verse fourteen we see the prophecy of the "Bands". The "Bands", or "Union" happened a long time ago, upon King Solomon's death. At that time the twelve [12] tribes were divided into two nations, which in the Bible are called "Houses". They are named throughout the Scriptures as "the House of Israel" [ten tribes to the north], and "the House of Judah" [the Jews]. Zechariah 11:15 "And the Lord said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd."This "foolish shepherd" is the Antichrist [Satan]. God will give him his authority to do what he does. Those "tools" are the keys of Revelation 9:1, and they will be used to deceive the whole world, but God's elect.Revelation 9:1 "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star [Satan the morning star] fall

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
You are going to have to be a little more specific than that. Michael will never claim to be Christ, just as Jesus never claimed to be Michael.I believe Michael will be a follower of Jesus, and will lead others to Christ. I also suspect that the Beast will try to paint Michael is the AntiChrist in an effort to fool the people and take the spotlight off himself.Daniel, Chapter 12, 001: And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 002: And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. This is the first resurrection (spoken of in Thess), as noted by the term "And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake". As you see it does not say "ALL" which would be the last resurrection which is called the Second Death, and occurs at the end of the 1000 years of Christs reign.There is also the scriptures in Isaiah, Chapter 4 and Zechariah, Chapter 3, 008 and Chapter 6, 012 that speak of someone called the Branch (Jesus was referred to as the root from which the branches come Romans, Chapter 11, 016). This person does not seem to have appeared on the Earth as of yet. There is also a mention several times of a Strong and Mighty Angel in Revelations which, if this is Jesus, it would put Him on Earth before the Second Coming. I do not believe that Jesus comes to Earth before the Second Coming, so this would explain the prophecy.The Jews made the mistake of thinking Christ was Michael and because He did not fulfill the promises that were associated with Michael, they became disallusioned and crucified Him. Your reaction shows that when Michael appears, people will not be expecting him either. It will be interesting if the same mistake is made again. After all, Zechariah says that God will break the second Staff just as He broke the first.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
The last post was dedicated to Jorden, as Christina had not replied yet, so this one is a responce to her post.Christina, you have given this some thought, and that is good as you have used scripture to reply. However I would like to point out a few things you may have missed.First, the First Staff is directly linked to the 30 pieces of silver, thus making it itself Jesus, as the New Testament tells:Matthew, Chapter 27, 009: Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; 010: And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me. Since we are directly told the First Staff is Jesus, to reinterprete it as simply meaning Grace is not correct. This by definition also means that the Second Staff, being called "Other" must mean someone else.The term "Bands" means strength according to Strongs Concordance, which seems to me to link it to the Strong Angel of Revelations, who is again, not Jesus.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(JosyWales;61480)
You are going to have to be a little more specific than that. Michael will never claim to be Christ, just as Jesus never claimed to be Michael.I believe Michael will be a follower of Jesus, and will lead others to Christ. I also suspect that the Beast will try to paint Michael is the AntiChrist in an effort to fool the people and take the spotlight off himself.Daniel, Chapter 12, 001: And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 002: And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. This is the first resurrection (spoken of in Thess), as noted by the term "And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake". As you see it does not say "ALL" which would be the last resurrection which is called the Second Death, and occurs at the end of the 1000 years of Christs reign.There is also the scriptures in Isaiah, Chapter 4 and Zechariah, Chapter 3, 008 and Chapter 6, 012 that speak of someone called the Branch (Jesus was referred to as the root from which the branches come Romans, Chapter 11, 016). This person does not seem to have appeared on the Earth as of yet. There is also a mention several times of a Strong and Mighty Angel in Revelations which, if this is Jesus, it would put Him on Earth before the Second Coming. I do not believe that Jesus comes to Earth before the Second Coming, so this would explain the prophecy.The Jews made the mistake of thinking Christ was Michael and because He did not fulfill the promises that were associated with Michael, they became disallusioned and crucified Him. Your reaction shows that when Michael appears, people will not be expecting him either. It will be interesting if the same mistake is made again. After all, Zechariah says that God will break the second Staff just as He broke the first.
Revelation 12:7 - And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,Jude 1:9 - Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.I don't see scriptures at all where Michael comes down to Heaven in the Great Tribulation, so the above posts is junk.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Jordan, I believe you to be mistaken, and I dont think this is "junk"The scriptures you provide do not disprove what I am saying. If anything it supports it.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(JosyWales;61485)
Jordan, I believe you to be mistaken, and I dont think this is "junk"The scriptures you provide do not disprove what I am saying. If anything it supports it.
Have you not read Matthew 4:1-11 and Luke 4:1-13?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Jordan is right And the strong Angel is Satan he is currently bound in heaven by Michael and God he will be kicked to earth and this is the when the tribulation (5th /6th trump)startsread Rev.12 The war has always been between Satan and God

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Jordan, perhaps you can explain to me why you think that the coming of Michael somehow takes away from Christ. I dont get it.Jesus died and was resurrected for our sakes and will come at the end of the time of trouble to save us from the Beast who is prophesied to win against the saints. If these saints are led by Michael, then what is your argument?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(JosyWales;61492)
Jordan, perhaps you can explain to me why you think that the coming of Michael somehow takes away from Christ. I dont get it.Jesus died and was resurrected for our sakes and will come at the end of the time of trouble to save us from the Beast who is prophesied to win against the saints. If these saints are led by Michael, then what is your argument?
The problem with your thinking is, there is no such thing as the coming of Michael.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Christina, I am not quite sure how you can read the prophecies of the Strong and Mighty angel and see him as Satan.Revelation, Chapter 10, 001: And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: The Rainbow is God's sign of redemption, so if this guy is Satan, why would God place a sign of redemption on him?You folks think that all you are going to have to do is identify the Beast, but in reality, you are going to have to determine between the Beast and Michael who is the bad guy, and woe to those who choose incorrectly. At least that's what I think.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(JosyWales;61498)
(JosyWales;61497)
Jordan, prove it.
Jordan, I dont see what Jesus being tempted of the Devil in the wilderness has anything to do with this.The funny is I have and I did. And it has to do with twisting the Truth of God's Words like you are doing, whether you realized it or not.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(JosyWales;61496)
Christina, I am not quite sure how you can read the prophecies of the Strong and Mighty angel and see him as Satan.Revelation, Chapter 10, 001: And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: The Rainbow is God's sign of redemption, so if this guy is Satan, why would God place a sign of redemption on him?You folks think that all you are going to have to do is identify the Beast, but in reality, you are going to have to determine between the Beast and Michael who is the bad guy, and woe to those who choose incorrectly. At least that's what I think.
So what there are Gods angels messengers and fallen Angels One should know the difference Satan was created as Lucifer the most beautiful knowledgeable Angel ever created ( Hebrew: made the full Pattern)until he became full of pride thought he should be God. So he rebelled taking a third of the Angels with him these are the locusts Army locked in the Pit that their King Satan will be given the key to let loose when he is kicked from heaven (and I can show you this whole story in scripture)Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Like God Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. This is Lucifer wanting to have his throne above God to be God but he will not succeed. ...............................Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, the dragon is another name for Satan he has many names Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. Satan is getting kicked out of heaven Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. Notice this star is called a him because it is an Angel(Rev1:20) and this angel is Satan who has the key to the pit Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man [child]. .........................This is the tribulation Period...which Ends in the Glorious triumphant return of Christ at the 7th trump... where upon the people see Satans (Lucifers) fate Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; Isa 14:17 [That] made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; [that] opened not the house of his prisoners?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Rainbow is God's sign of redemption, so if this guy is Satan, why would God place a sign of redemption on him?
II Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Revelation 13:11-14
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Who is The Lamb? What miracles did he perform? The fake is coming to look like the Messiah, as the very name Antichrist - instead of Christ - tells us. He'll work miracles, and he'll appear very much like God himself, Daniel and Thessalonians tells us he'll make that claim as well.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
Is someone actually believing that Revelation 10:1 is refering to Satan or one of his angels? You've got to be kidding. Or am I misreading something in someones post?

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(JosyWales;61496)
Is someone actually believing that Revelation 10:1 is refering to Satan or one of his angels? You've got to be kidding. Or am I misreading something in your reply here?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(3rddaymessenger;61620)
(JosyWales;61496)
Christina, I am not quite sure how you can read the prophecies of the Strong and Mighty angel and see him as Satan.Revelation, Chapter 10, 001: And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:The Rainbow is God's sign of redemption, so if this guy is Satan, why would God place a sign of redemption on him?You folks think that all you are going to have to do is identify the Beast, but in reality, you are going to have to determine between the Beast and Michael who is the bad guy, and woe to those who choose incorrectly.At least that's what I think.
Is someone actually believing that Revelation 10:1 is refering to Satan or one of his angels? You've got to be kidding. Or am I misreading something in your reply here?No Revelation 10:1 is not Satan.Revelation 9:1 is Satan.