Zechariah 14: 1-5 Is The Fulfillment Of The Parable Of The 10 Virgins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Notice that both passages are a description of Christ's advent and (in both passages) that only 1/2 of the participants make it.

Guy

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
ten christin only five were filled with the holy spirit. they all brought a lamp burning but only five brought oil to keep that lamp. :rolleyes: the same spirit (oil) that raised CHRIST from the dead shall also quicken you,take you all the way. :D

Reactions: gregg

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Notice that both passages are a description of Christ's advent and (in both passages) that only 1/2 of the participants make it.

Guy

Zech 13:7-9
7 Awake, O sword, against My shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn Mine hand upon the little ones.
8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is My people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.
(KJV)

Matt 24:22
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
(KJV)

Rom 9:27-28
27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
28 For He will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
(KJV)

Rev 11:13
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
(KJV)

Luke 21:20-22
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
(KJV)

Our Lord Jesus told those in the countries are not to enter Judea at that time, for it will be the days of vengeance (second coming). But yes, there will be a small remnant there when Christ returns. But those in Christ dwelling outside that area He commanded to stay away.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
veteran,

You stated: Our Lord Jesus told those in the countries are not to enter Judea at that time, for it will be the days of vengeance (second coming).

My response: Luke 21:21 is not instruction for those in the end times, but rather, for those in 70AD. Luke's focus is about the events (which he clearly states) that lead up to the destruction of the temple which occured in 70 AD Notice in verse 7 that Luke only addresses the issue concerning the destruction of the temple.

Luke 21: 5Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, 6"As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down."
7"Teacher," they asked, "when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?"

The following is a quote from the third paragraph of the following commentary:
Luke 21 Commentary - Jerusalem's Destruction and the End - BibleGateway.com

"The significance of these differences becomes clear as one carefully compares the accounts. Luke emphasizes the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70 in a way the other Gospels do not. All the Synoptics anticipate the fall of Jerusalem in the way they introduce the discourse, but Luke focuses on the short-term event in a way Matthew and Mark do not. His temporal indicators (vv. 9, 12) draw the reader back toward the present before really focusing on the end in verses 25-28. A transition begins to appear in verses 20-24, but until verse 19 the focus is still on events before the judgment of the capital in A.D. 70, which is not yet the end."

So, when Luke penned Luke 21:20-24 he was describing the events which happened in 70 AD. and not the end of the age.

Luke 21: 20"When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

You stated: But yes, there will be a small remnant there when Christ returns.

My response: Or maybe just the only remnant left? Search the entire Bible and tell me of another site-specific location which describes Christians alive at Christ's advent.

You stated: But those in Christ dwelling outside that area He commanded to stay away.

My response1: Actually He doesn't. In Matthew 24:16( then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains) Christ instructs those in Judea (which is like a large county that Jerusalem is a city within) to "flee" to the safety of the mountains. In Judea, the highest area (and where the mountains are) is Jerusalem (which is built on three mountains two of which is MOUNT ZION and MOUNT MORIAH) . So, when Christ's states " then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains," He is instructing those "who understand" to "flee" to the safety of Mount Zion in Jerusalem where the only Christian survivors will be (Joel 2:32).

My response 2: If there are going to be a remnant of Christian survivors in Jerusalem, why would Christ instruct us to stay away?

Guy

Guy

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
veteran,

You stated: Our Lord Jesus told those in the countries are not to enter Judea at that time, for it will be the days of vengeance (second coming).

My response: Luke 21:21 is not instruction for those in the end times, but rather, for those in 70AD. Luke's focus is about the events (which he clearly states) that lead up to the destruction of the temple which occured in 70 AD Notice in verse 7 that Luke only addresses the issue concerning the destruction of the temple.

You're wrong. The abomination of desolation prophecy REQUIRES a standing temple in Jerusalem. Antiochus IV of Syria fulfilled the blueprint pattern of it by ending sacrifices and going into the temple and spread swine's broth inside the temple, and then placed an abomination (idol) in the holy place for worship. He did not destroy the temple. Thus the idea of the 'desolation' in Daniel is not about a literal destruction, but the placing of an idol inside the temple. And that's what an abomination is per God's Word; it involves idol worship.

Matt 24:15-16
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
(KJV)

Mark 13:14
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
(KJV)

Here's where our Lord Jesus was quoting from in Daniel...

Dan 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
(KJV)

Is that desolation about literal destruction of the temple? Of course not. That desolation event is about desecrating the holy place inside a standing temple in Jerusalem. The temple in the Roman's days in 69 A.D. burned down before they could ever capture it or even go inside it! You're listening to false prophets who are trying re-write history.

Luke 21:20-22
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
(KJV)

Just because the Luke 21 example of our Lord's Olivet Discourse does not have that quote from Daniel like the other Matt.24 and Mark 13 examples do, it still changes nothing.

Luke 21: 5Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, 6"As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down."
7"Teacher," they asked, "when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?"

In that discourse Christ gave while upon the Mount of Olives with His disciples overlooking the Temple Mount, He gave seven specific signs of the end of this world. Those seven signs are what the seven seals, trumpets, and vials are about in His Book of Revelation. So I'm not even going to argue the falseness of those who want to say that is all dead history, especially seeing how short the times are for today with Christ's return just around the corner.

You stated: But yes, there will be a small remnant there when Christ returns.

My response: Or maybe just the only remnant left? Search the entire Bible and tell me of another site-specific location which describes Christians alive at Christ's advent.

If you want to go to Jerusalem when false messiah shows up there, and take part in the abomination of desolation idol worship that's going to be setup there, then go ahead, even though Christ warned us not to. You'll no doubt have a lot of company with those on Pre-trib "secret rapture" ideas who think they're going to fly away before the tribulation. What did our Lord Jesus say, wheresover the 'carcase' (the dead) is, that's where the eagles will be gathered? And trying to infer a false idea that only those who go to Jerusalem to meet Christ will be saved is totally unscriptural and against God's Word.

You stated: But those in Christ dwelling outside that area He commanded to stay away.

My response1: Actually He doesn't. In Matthew 24:16( then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains) Christ instructs those in Judea (which is like a large county that Jerusalem is a city within) to "flee" to the safety of the mountains. In Judea, the highest area (and where the mountains are) is Jerusalem (which is built on three mountains two of which is MOUNT ZION and MOUNT MORIAH) . So, when Christ's states " then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains," He is instructing those "who understand" to "flee" to the safety of Mount Zion in Jerusalem where the only Christian survivors will be (Joel 2:32).

Oh, but actually He does tell us to stay out of Jerusalem at that time...

Luke 21:20-21
(KJV)

You've been shown already what my Lord Jesus said there, "and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto." That is a DIRECT STATEMENT from Christ Jesus, not a metaphor, not a parable, nor an allegory. Yet you obviously don't care what He said there, showing you lack sinceriety.

What you are pushing is a flat lie. For even in those same Scriptures Christ IS warning for those of His servants that are IN Judea, to LEAVE IT. But instead, you say He said to stay!! That is a direct denial of our Lord's own words, and the Scripture as written. What part about fleeing JUDEA Christ said that you don't understand? The very mountains you speak of are ALL WITHIN THE AREA OF JUDEA AND JERUSALEM!!!

My response 2: If there are going to be a remnant of Christian survivors in Jerusalem, why would Christ instruct us to stay away?

Guy

Your ideas on this matter shows you are in grave danger by wanting to be caught in Judea in that time, which is disobeying Christ's command to stay out of that area when the signs He gave in His Olivet Discourse take place.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
veteran,

So, you prefer to be martyred in an AC interment camp rather than be alive at Christ's advent?

So that's why you choose to believe a lie? Because you're afraid of the AC and of death? What does the flesh profit if it means loosing one's soul for the eternity? This present world is nothing, regardless of how much Christ's servants must suffer at the hands of Christ's enemies. Be faithful even to death, Christ commanded (Rev.3). What TRUE Christian doesn't understand this?

It's the unbelieving that desire to save their flesh in this present world regardless of the price. Those are not Christ's servants, for they serve themselves instead (Matthew 10).

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
So, to avoid answering the question you accuse me of spreading a lie?

Oh, I think I answered your question very well in my last post.

And yes, when you push the opposite statement of what Christ Himself commanded for those in the countries to not enter into Jerusalem, then that IS to push a lie. So if the shoe fits, wear it.