Zechariah 14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Guys, As you know God has led me to revise my timeline and He is slowly revealing a little bit here and there. Some of this has already in been said in the Timeline Questions post but to make my life easier, I will repeat it here.

We know another day of judgment is coming according to
Rev. 20: 7-9 - “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

Apparently, no one believes there are any other prophecies in the bible concerning this time but I believe that some of the prophecies normally considered to be post-trib timing may instead be of this time as I believe the situations will be very similar.

What we don't know is how long satan will be allowed to deceive the nations. It could be hundreds of years. I've always considered Ez.38 to be a prophecy of this time. I never really considered that there may be other prophecies concerning this time, some that we always assumed to be end of the 70th week timing until recently.

One of those things I don’t understand is why those who defend the chronology of passages such as Ez. 37-48, would then turn around and reject the apparent chronology of parts of Zech. just because it doesn’t jibe with their viewpoint. Previously, in Zech. 12 we have both the physical and spiritual “salvation” of Judah. I think we all can agree that this is Armageddon/ beginning of the millennium timing. Zech. 13 continues that timing and reveals that the righteous remnant will consist of 1/3 of Israel.

There is one passage in particular that God showed me. It's Zech 14. (words in parenthesis are mine)

Zech. 14:1-21- “Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (the day of the Lord, imo, goes from the 7th seal rapture/resurrection all the way through the GWTJ)

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
(now go back and read Rev. 20:8. I think the rest of vs. 2 just expands and adds detail to Rev. 20:8)

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
( It makes sense to me that when this phrase is used it is speaking of Armageddon as history, so in a way, as is frequently true, history is repeating itself. When reading this I don't get the "sense" that the prophet is referencing a recent event within the future time being spoken of but one of long ago, about a thousand years or so.)

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (Here people erroneously think it is speaking of His second advent when, imo, it is not.)

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: (Many folks also believe, and I was one of them, that this part of the verse coincides with Rev. 12:14, but I no longer believe it does.)

and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
(the word “come” is key to understanding this chapter. In the NT the word “parousia” means His arrival, if this verse was trying to depict the same thing it would have used the word, “athah” but instead the word, “bow” is used which has several meanings such as abide, depart, go and enter. So what I believe this verse is saying is that “the Lord will accompany the saints into Azal, as a shepherd, while God is bringing fire down upon the nations that came against Jerusalem“.)

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
(Compare this with Rev. 21:23 - “And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.” Imo, this is when the NJ comes down.)

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
(Compare this with Rev. 22:1-2 - “And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”

Nothing in scripture implies that the NJ ever settles upon the earth thus a waterfall could be used to bring the water from the throne to the earth.

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
(This verse just shows what the judgment of God in Rev. 20:9 looks like. This “devouring fire“ is not world wide but is concentrated just on those armies that are coming against Jerusalem)

13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult
(a time of confusion and uproar) from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.

14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem;
( there will still be some enemies in the countryside throughout Israel, which will be quite large at that time.) and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. (Obviously, the Lord doesn’t burn off all the “works of men” as some believe or there would be nothing left to gather)

15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
( Now this (vss. 16-19) is always assumed to be talking about the millennium, but why? We have the destruction of the Rev. 20:9 armies and we have the GWTJ of the dead who didn’t make it in the first resurrection. That leaves, most likely, billions of people unaccounted for. Anything we may speculate as to their fate isn’t really worth debating about but is just something best kept in our own minds.)

20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of host.”

In my mind, I’ve always thought that once the GWTJ occurred and the NJ comes down there would be no more “humanity”. All humanity would either be in heaven or hell but scripture never actually says this.

Zech. 14:16 - 19 seems to correspond with Rev. 21:24, 26 - “And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it… 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.”

and Rev. 22:15 - “For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” ( I don’t believe this is a picture of hell. I believe it is just saying there will be unrighteous people left upon the earth,)

as well as, Is. 66:22-24 - “For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord. 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.”

I am not saying that this is the way it is. I’m just saying there are viable, alternative theories that should be considered when studying prophetic scriptures. If we believe that Dan. 12:4 includes prophetic knowledge, how will it ever increase if we never look beyond the accepted viewpoints that we all have.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Trekson.

Your theory about Zechariah 14 is an interesting theory; however, again, there are some contextual clues that suggest otherwise.

I've always considered Revelation 20:7-9 being a short-lived conflict: They're convinced by haSatan to gather for battle, they gather together, attack Yerushalayim, and ... FOOM!!! ... charcoal! Not much to talk about. However, I do believe that it is precisely what Peter talked about in 2 Peter 3:7, 10-12. Peter's "fire" that He talks about is at the END of the 1000 years (that are as a single day), "the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men," the "Great White Throne Judgment."

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Retro, Your words:"They're convinced by haSatan to gather for battle, they gather together, attack Yerushalayim, and ... FOOM!!! ... charcoal!"

I agree that the battle will be short-lived, however, imo, the "convincing" will probably take centuries.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
Hi!
I wish to contribute a hurried comment to this Thread:
The reign of King Solomon offers us a picture of the Millennium. In those days the temple was made into the central place of worship. Similarily, in the Millennium the faithful followers of Jesus are the centre of the entire restored creation just as Solomon's temple was the spiritual centre for all Israel.
Solomon testified: "Now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor misfortune”, (1Kings 5:4).
We could also say that King David's time is a picture of our present day. To accomplish a peaceful existence for the people of Israel, David had to battle against enemies.
"That they may dwell in their own place, and be disturbed no more; and violent men shall afflict them no more as formerly", (2Samuel 7:10).
At the end of his reign of peace, Solomon, together with his foreign wives, worshipped Astoreth, Milcom, Chemosh, Molech, and many other gods, (1Kings 11:-8). This caused the people of Israel to fall away and wars to begin anew.
In similar manner, the seduction of evil powers after the Millennium will again usher in division and war.
The names Gog and Magog do not indicate nations of the earth.
They remind us of Ezekiel's prophecies in chapters 38 &39. In those chapters, the prophet's oracles were against Gog and Magog.
Many wrongly attempt to interpret Gog and Magog as princes of the earth.
Ezekiel 38: says, "Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal".
Hal Lindsay and others have said that the word 'chief' in the composition 'chief prince' was originally 'rosh'. Subsequently, they claimed that the chief prince of Russia (rosh) was meant. However, in prophetic language Satan is the prince of the Kingdom of Darkness.
Those who follow this way of interpretation ignore/deny the fact that in Revelation 20 Gog and Magog are mentioned at the end of the millennium, when anti-Christ and the Beast have been in the Lake of Fire for ages.
We also need to remind ourselves that the names Gog and Magog are not mentioned in Revelation 19 but in Chapter 20!
Despite the very imaginative efforts of some to define Gog and Magog, rudimentary Bible research sheds best insight by simply connecting the description of a country with the Sumeric: Ma (land)mand Kug (dark); a land of outer darkness.
Throughout the Scriptures, the historical kings of Babel, of the Medes and the Persians, of Assyria, are all pictures of spiritual princes. Therefore, Gog, the prince of Magog, is a typicological picture of the prince of darkness.
Meshech and Tubal belong to the sons of Japhet, (Gen 10:5 and Isa 66:19).
The release of Satan is predicted by Ezekiel in chapter 38:4 and 8 with these words: "I will turn you about, and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you forth, and all your army", "After many days you will be mustered; in the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war" (the restored creation).
Ezekiel 38:10-12 mentions the intent of Satan: "On that day thoughts will come into your mind, and you will devise an evil scheme and say, 'I will go up against the land of un-walled villages; I will fall upon the quiet people who dwell securely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having no bars or gates'; to seize spoil and carry off plunder; to assail the waste places which are now inhabited (the restored creation), and the people (the faithful of God, the Israel of God) who are gathered from the nations" (from all tribes and nations and tongues).
This prophecy is comparable to: "He will come out to deceive the nations which are at the four corners of the earth, to gather them for battle".

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi MTP, Thanks for your input. I agree that Ez. 38 is speaking of the time of Rev. 20:7-9.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Trekson.

Trekson said:
Hi Retro, Your words:"They're convinced by haSatan to gather for battle, they gather together, attack Yerushalayim, and ... FOOM!!! ... charcoal!"

I agree that the battle will be short-lived, however, imo, the "convincing" will probably take centuries.
I really don't think so, if the picture of the "U.N." meeting we have in Psalm 2 is any indication. The "centuries" could be the last few centuries of the Millennium. They could be SELF convinced and ready for the liberty to act! All they would need is a leader (haSatan) ready to pick a fight. They are, after all, the "tares" - the "children of the wicked one."

Psalm 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his Anointed (Hebrew: "mashiach" = "Messiah"), saying,
3 "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us!"
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion!
7 I will declare the decree: 'the LORD hath said unto me, <<Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.>> '
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."
KJV

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Trekson said:
We know another day of judgment is coming according to
Rev. 20: 7-9 - “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

Apparently, no one believes there are any other prophecies in the bible concerning this time but I believe that some of the prophecies normally considered to be post-trib timing may instead be of this time as I believe the situations will be very similar.

What we don't know is how long satan will be allowed to deceive the nations. It could be hundreds of years. I've always considered Ez.38 to be a prophecy of this time. I never really considered that there may be other prophecies concerning this time, some that we always assumed to be end of the 70th week timing until recently.
The Ezekiel 38-39 prophecy is not for the post-milennium time. It's for the end of our present world today. The fallacy of always trying to force chapters in God's Word into some textbook chronology is part of the reasoning that is leading you astray. It's the subject matter of events God gives that defines His chronology, not man's progressive textbook chapter ideas.

Try to make the gathering events of the house of Israel given at the end of Ezek.39 fit in a post-milennium time. That gathering of the whole house of Israel like it says is about the ten lost tribes being gathered by Christ, for that has never happened yet. So there's one of the reasons why God gave the joining of the two-sticks prophecy back in Ezek.37 before you get to Ezek.39, so you'd know just who all He was talking about.

Trekson said:
One of those things I don’t understand is why those who defend the chronology of passages such as Ez. 37-48, would then turn around and reject the apparent chronology of parts of Zech. just because it doesn’t jibe with their viewpoint. Previously, in Zech. 12 we have both the physical and spiritual “salvation” of Judah. I think we all can agree that this is Armageddon/ beginning of the millennium timing. Zech. 13 continues that timing and reveals that the righteous remnant will consist of 1/3 of Israel.
That's that progressive textbook chronology reasoning of men again. The subject matter is what we are to use to rightly divide God's Word of Truth. He gave it this way obviously as a test, it making sense only for those willing to pay attention to the type events He was speaking of, and not by some pseudo man-made formula.

Trekson said:
There is one passage in particular that God showed me. It's Zech 14. (words in parenthesis are mine)

Zech. 14:1-21- “Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (the day of the Lord, imo, goes from the 7th seal rapture/resurrection all the way through the GWTJ)

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
(now go back and read Rev. 20:8. I think the rest of vs. 2 just expands and adds detail to Rev. 20:8)
Zechariah 14:1-21 has nothing to do with the event after Christ's Milennium reign at Rev.20:8. And you ought to easily... be able to know why with the amount of Bible study you appear to have done.

Per the Zech.14:16-19 verses, the NATIONS there are still... able to rebel against coming up to Jerusalem from year to year to worship Him and keep the feast of tabernacles. Back at Zech.14:9 it revealed at that time Christ will be reigning over all nations, Him being King over all the earth then. That automatically puts this event in Zech.14 past the time of His second coming, and into His thousand years reign.

But per the Ezekiel 38-39 Scripture, the whole house of Israel has YET to be gathered, not until the last section of the Ezek.39 chapter, which is a direct pointer to Ezek.38-39 being PRIOR to Christ's second coming.

Trekson said:
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
( It makes sense to me that when this phrase is used it is speaking of Armageddon as history, so in a way, as is frequently true, history is repeating itself. When reading this I don't get the "sense" that the prophet is referencing a recent event within the future time being spoken of but one of long ago, about a thousand years or so.)
I wish I could go into the meaning of that "as when He fought in the day of battle" more here, but you and many others here are not ready for it. You've got a ways to go before grasping that properly per Scripture. I'll give you a hint though, Jer.4:23-28; Heb.12:25-27).

Trekson said:
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (Here people erroneously think it is speaking of His second advent when, imo, it is not.)
That is about the time of Christ's second coming, and a destruction that is to occur specifically there in the area of Jerusalem, upon Satan's host that will be in possession of it in that time. Have you already forgotten about the "great earthquake" event linked with Christ's coming per Revelation and other OT prophets too?

Trekson said:
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: (Many folks also believe, and I was one of them, that this part of the verse coincides with Rev. 12:14, but I no longer believe it does.)
You're right about that. None of Rev.12:6 forward coincides with Zech.14, because Rev.12:6 forward is for the end of this world just prior to Christ's second coming.

Trekson said:
and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
(the word “come” is key to understanding this chapter. In the NT the word “parousia” means His arrival, if this verse was trying to depict the same thing it would have used the word, “athah” but instead the word, “bow” is used which has several meanings such as abide, depart, go and enter. So what I believe this verse is saying is that “the Lord will accompany the saints into Azal, as a shepherd, while God is bringing fire down upon the nations that came against Jerusalem“.)
Hebrew 'bow' (bo) does mean 'to go, or come' (Strong's no. 935). Why would you be deceived about that?

Oh, I know why. It's because your trying to FIT a doctrine of men (Pre-Wrath Rapture) INTO the Scripture where it does not say anything about it! You've committed to that doctrine of men, probably got a certain amount people influenced into it along with yourself, and now... it's difficult to back out without looking foolish among them. That's a show of false pride in doing your own thing instead of keeping to what God's Word reveals here.

Many have asked me to write a book about endtime events per God's Word, but I see no reason to do that. I don't claim to know everything that's written in God's Word; His Word is still LIVING, still being revealed to us.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, Your words: "Try to make the gathering events of the house of Israel given at the end of Ezek.39 fit in a post-milennium time. That gathering of the whole house of Israel like it says is about the ten lost tribes being gathered by Christ, for that has never happened yet. So there's one of the reasons why God gave the joining of the two-sticks prophecy back in Ezek.37 before you get to Ezek.39, so you'd know just who all He was talking about."

I agree that Ez. 39 and the "two-sticks prophecy from Ez. 37 are post 70th week/pre-mill timing and I never claimed otherwise, however, imo, Ez. 38 is a separate prophecy from 39 & 37. They should not be considered as "one" prophecy.

Your words: "Per the Zech.14:16-19 verses, the NATIONS there are still... able to rebel against coming up to Jerusalem from year to year to worship Him and keep the feast of tabernacles. Back at Zech.14:9 it revealed at that time Christ will be reigning over all nations, Him being King over all the earth then. That automatically puts this event in Zech.14 past the time of His second coming, and into His thousand years reign."

We don't know what happens after the GWTJ and the NJ comes down. You are "presuming" there are no more "nations", while I feel passages like this suggest otherwise. If this is in the midst of the millennium as you say and vs. 11 says "there shall be no more utter destruction and Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited" then how would you describe Rev. 21:7-9? An "oopsie" or a "lie"?

Your words: "I wish I could go into the meaning of that "as when He fought in the day of battle" more here, but you and many others here are not ready for it. You've got a ways to go before grasping that properly per Scripture. I'll give you a hint though, Jer.4:23-28; Heb.12:25-27"

I read your "hints" and I don't know what you're getting at but in either passage a "battle" isn't spoken of so the only way it might make sense in your view would be if you got all metaphorical and I see no cause for that. Just read it as written. Imo, you are the one reading these passages with pre-conceived ideas or as "doctrines of men" as you call it.

Your words: "Have you already forgotten about the "great earthquake" event linked with Christ's coming per Revelation and other OT prophets too?"

There are going to be several "great" earthquakes.

Your words: "It's because your trying to FIT a doctrine of men (Pre-Wrath Rapture) INTO the Scripture where it does not say anything about it! You've committed to that doctrine of men..."

You seem to believe you're the only one here capable of independant opinions. Pre-wrath is a view on the timing of the rapture, Period! It has no other "doctrine" just opinions like you, me and everyone else. What I write is based on my own study and in many, many areas, I break with what one might consider the "pre-wrath" view. I need no "doctrine of men" to guide me in my studies, just the HS is sufficient. I know you don't believe it but there are many areas in your viewpoint which is just plain erroneous. I'm sure some of mine are as well. All I'm doing is opening up a different avenue of interpretation that one can accept or reject, I care not.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Trekson said:
Hi Vet, Your words: "Try to make the gathering events of the house of Israel given at the end of Ezek.39 fit in a post-milennium time. That gathering of the whole house of Israel like it says is about the ten lost tribes being gathered by Christ, for that has never happened yet. So there's one of the reasons why God gave the joining of the two-sticks prophecy back in Ezek.37 before you get to Ezek.39, so you'd know just who all He was talking about."

I agree that Ez. 39 and the "two-sticks prophecy from Ez. 37 are post 70th week/pre-mill timing and I never claimed otherwise, however, imo, Ez. 38 is a separate prophecy from 39 & 37. They should not be considered as "one" prophecy.
OK, maybe now you see your idea for Ezek.39 will not work. But neither does your idea of separating those two Ezek.38 & 39 chapters. Same subject of the army out of the northern quarters is being covered in BOTH of those Ezekiel chapters. So I wonder what your NEXT false attempt will be to try and move the timing of those two chapters to the end of Christ's Milennium.

Trekson said:
Your words: "Per the Zech.14:16-19 verses, the NATIONS there are still... able to rebel against coming up to Jerusalem from year to year to worship Him and keep the feast of tabernacles. Back at Zech.14:9 it revealed at that time Christ will be reigning over all nations, Him being King over all the earth then. That automatically puts this event in Zech.14 past the time of His second coming, and into His thousand years reign."

We don't know what happens after the GWTJ and the NJ comes down. You are "presuming" there are no more "nations", while I feel passages like this suggest otherwise. If this is in the midst of the millennium as you say and vs. 11 says "there shall be no more utter destruction and Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited" then how would you describe Rev. 21:7-9? An "oopsie" or a "lie"?
Nope. I never said there will no longer be nations after the Rev.20:7-9 event. The 'nations' will exist forever per God's Word, just not like how they are today.

No more utter destruction means no more FOR Jerusalem. How is it you could ever think the destruction of Satan and his host at the end of Christ's Milennium is about a destruction of Jerusalem then? Jerusalem will stand safe from Christ's coming forward, and never will be destroyed by invading armies again. That's why... God sends fire down upon those of Rev.20:7-9 to burn them up BEFORE they have a chance to do any destruction of Jerusalem, like they've done in history.

Trekson said:
Your words: "I wish I could go into the meaning of that "as when He fought in the day of battle" more here, but you and many others here are not ready for it. You've got a ways to go before grasping that properly per Scripture. I'll give you a hint though, Jer.4:23-28; Heb.12:25-27"

I read your "hints" and I don't know what you're getting at but in either passage a "battle" isn't spoken of so the only way it might make sense in your view would be if you got all metaphorical and I see no cause for that. Just read it as written. Imo, you are the one reading these passages with pre-conceived ideas or as "doctrines of men" as you call it.
I already knew you were not ready for it, so don't worry about it.

Trekson said:
Your words: "Have you already forgotten about the "great earthquake" event linked with Christ's coming per Revelation and other OT prophets too?"

There are going to be several "great" earthquakes.

Rev 11:12-15
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.
(KJV)

I forget that you deny that event being about Christ's second coming on the 7th Trumpet. So naturally you would also DENY that "great earthquake" for that SPECIFIC event.

Trekson said:
Your words: "It's because your trying to FIT a doctrine of men (Pre-Wrath Rapture) INTO the Scripture where it does not say anything about it! You've committed to that doctrine of men..."

You seem to believe you're the only one here capable of independant opinions. Pre-wrath is a view on the timing of the rapture, Period! It has no other "doctrine" just opinions like you, me and everyone else. What I write is based on my own study and in many, many areas, I break with what one might consider the "pre-wrath" view. I need no "doctrine of men" to guide me in my studies, just the HS is sufficient. I know you don't believe it but there are many areas in your viewpoint which is just plain erroneous. I'm sure some of mine are as well. All I'm doing is opening up a different avenue of interpretation that one can accept or reject, I care not.
The idea of "independent opinions" does not extend to ideas that do not align within God's Word. Yours are no exception.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words: "Same subject of the army out of the northern quarters is being covered in BOTH of those Ezekiel chapters."

In other words you're saying that Rev. 21:7-9 is the same army, same subject as Ez. 38 -39 and the fact that the thousand years are over is irrelevant??!!

Your words: "I forget that you deny that event being about Christ's second coming on the 7th Trumpet. So naturally you would also DENY that "great earthquake" for that SPECIFIC event."

You are correct. There are several "great" earthquakes prophesied for that time period.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
After the thousand year reign of Jesus another war is described in the book of Revelation? Prophecy does say Satan will be loosed a season and he will again attempt to make war but it never says he achieves war status. Any connection to a war after Satan has been released from Hell is pure speculation on the part of the reader.

Here is some speculation to consider... Why is Satan released after a thousand years? Consider that at the understandings of human beings they believe Satan was not given a choice and could do only evil during this time. So he right now does not have free will, nor does he have the ability to change. We can go aginst God and then come back, the Jews did this may times. But Satan, when he chose to go against God, has never reverted back... why? Possibly becasue he has no choice... no free will...

So, after he is bound 1000 years, he is given the chance of free will and the ability to excersize his free will, but as God already knows... Satan is right now doing what he really wants. This is him using free will, so when he is released he will again attempt to take supreme control and this proves to the people - us - that Satan always had free will. This means God allows Satan freedom after the thousand years for our benefit by allowing us to see the real Satan (again). the end result... Satan is released simply for re-proof.

However, there is no need of any war at that time... only the attempt. The attempt of war by Satan is all that is necessary to prove his desires.

Satan's intellect is great but he lacks wisdom. His wisdom is skewed by his ego. Most dogs won't bite the hand that feeds them.

So... yet other questions... If Satan is bound 1000 years how is it he could be the commander and chief of Hell during that stint? Is he not chained? Then who will be the fearless leader in Hell?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Trekson said:
Your words: "Same subject of the army out of the northern quarters is being covered in BOTH of those Ezekiel chapters."

In other words you're saying that Rev. 21:7-9 is the same army, same subject as Ez. 38 -39 and the fact that the thousand years are over is irrelevant??!!
You're able to read what I wrote using common sense, and your statement above ain't it.

Trekson said:
Your words: "I forget that you deny that event being about Christ's second coming on the 7th Trumpet. So naturally you would also DENY that "great earthquake" for that SPECIFIC event."

You are correct. There are several "great" earthquakes prophesied for that time period.
But there's a certain "great earthquake" prophesied for the time of Christ's second coming, in both Zech.14 and Rev.11. You deny Rev.11 is about Christ's second coming, so naturally you now deny the Zech.14 Scripture is about His second coming.

Keep going and eventually, you'll probably deny that Christ Jesus is returning at all!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavy sigh, Vet, sorry but I find many of your views in error based on errant interpretation of other scriptures. You timeline needs some serious work.