Ziggy's Coffee Barista

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never called a sanitary towel a napkin, but maybe they use to in different places. Yes we tend to use the word serviette, but most people would know what you were asking for if you said napkin. I just looked into it and the same thing happened to someone else, but this time in London. It can be used to describe a sanitary towel ……but it’s new to me !!
Rita

Even in your own country different areas are a little different. LOL Missouri has a cut of meat called a pork steak that is popular for barbeques....other parts of the country would not know what you are talking about.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even in your own country different areas are a little different. LOL Missouri has a cut of meat called a pork steak that is popular for barbeques....other parts of the country would not know what you are talking about.
Yes, considering how small we are we have a lot of differences in words from region to region.
Usually it’s between North and south, but Pearl is up north and I am down south and neither of us had heard of it. London is not that far from me - however I will make sure not to ask for a napkin if I go to a restaurant !! Lol

Reactions: Grailhunter

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, considering how small we are we have a lot of differences in words from region to region.
Usually it’s between North and south, but Pearl is up north and I am down south and neither of us had heard of it. London is not that far from me - however I will make sure not to ask for a napkin if I go to a restaurant !! Lol
If you didn't ask for a napkin where I live, you'd be using your shirt sleeve. I try to keep this sort of thing in mind when I'm talking to people here. Lol

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I misunderstood the waitress....it has been a while back....maybe I remembered wrong.

What does serviette mean in England.
In England, the word 'napkin' is typically used to describe a feminine hygiene product (sanitary napkin). Although most people are aware of the double usage of the word, in London, the word 'serviette' is preferred in a restaurant or eating establishment.
A 'serviette' is a paper napkin. A napkin is for the same purpose but made of linen or some other material like the tablecloth. Also I never heard feminine hygiene products called napkins.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Got another one for yuo
A 'serviette' is a paper napkin. A napkin is for the same purpose but made of linen or some other material like the tablecloth. Also I never heard feminine hygiene products called napkins.

Did you read post 108. That is not my definition.
Other than that visit to Weymouth, England and that definition, that is all I know.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here in the states the term feminine napkin has other names like feminine hygiene pads or sanitary pads. But I guess you can still buy them under the description of feminine napkins.

Femine napkins.JPG

Reactions: Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

Breakfast with HUGS
:)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can’t have any coffee or latte , just had a tooth out ……I hate going to the dentist, but an abscess that i have had on the tooth for two months just wouldn’t go……I will come back for a latte tomorrow.
Hope you are okay Ziggy, thinking of you xxxxxx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can’t have any coffee or latte , just had a tooth out ……I hate going to the dentist, but an abscess that i have had on the tooth for two months just wouldn’t go……I will come back for a latte tomorrow.
Hope you are okay Ziggy, thinking of you xxxxxx
Poor you.