2 Quick questions about my Android tablet and my Android phone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suddenly my tablet is showing a vibrate icon for a phone (upper right corner). Of course, I don't use my tablet for a phone. Not sure why the icon appeared. I looked in settings for sound, don't see anything to help get rid of the icon. Any ideas?

Second question. I got my first cellphone this year....an Android. Just wondering ... whenever I need to get a new Android cellphone, will my contacts automatically transfer over to the new cellphone?

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Second question. I got my first cellphone this year....an Android. Just wondering ... whenever I need to get a new Android cellphone, will my contacts automatically transfer over to the new cellphone?
I believe if you saved your contacts onto the SIM card not the mobile everything will automatically transfer. If you saved contacts on phone they will not transfer. Jesus transfers His ability onto our SIM card (our soul)

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe if you saved your contacts onto the SIM card not the mobile everything will automatically transfer. If you saved contacts on phone they will not transfer. Jesus transfers His ability onto our SIM card (our soul)
I don't have a sim card. Not really familiar with it or how you place stuff on it. I know there is a little tray that will open, apparently with a thin silver tool they give with the phone.

It seems there are various sizes of sim cards and you cut out the size you need?

My phone might outlast me...just got the phone and I don't have to charge it much, maybe every five or so days.

Thanks for replying.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Suddenly my tablet is showing a vibrate icon for a phone (upper right corner). Of course, I don't use my tablet for a phone. Not sure why the icon appeared. I looked in settings for sound, don't see anything to help get rid of the icon. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.
Mine used to do that a lot, it hasn’t done that in months and I have no idea how it stopped...used to really get on my nerves, big time,xxx

Probably no help.Sis.just explaining that it happened to me on this iPad also,xx

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine used to do that a lot, it hasn’t done that in months and I have no idea how it stopped...used to really get on my nerves, big time,xxx

Probably no help.Sis.just explaining that it happened to me on this iPad also,xx
Thankfully it's not vibrating...so far anyhow! Just wondering why the symbol appeared...at first I didn't even know what it meant!

Reactions: Ritajanice