A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so say men. I believe 100% it was God who has made his name known. And he will show the world soon. In Ezekial about 20 x concerning these last days--They will have to know i am YHVH(Jehovah)
What does that mean, So say men?

This is history of this word. Do you deny it?

Much love!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean, So say men?

This is history of this word. Do you deny it?

Much love!
Its the words of men. Men who use translations that mislead by removing Gods name against his will. Because those men are in darkness.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will believe Jesus over errors that contradict him. It is he that i follow.
You follow the WatchTower that Satanically edited Jesus/God from the NWT! TWICE! At least. And you call our Bibles errors and Satanic!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is is no good unless he is the only one?
Because it's exclusive. I am he who . . . means, there is one, and it's me. Not, I'm one who . . ., or, I'm one of those who . . .

Exclusive language.

A) Israel is the Jewish Nation.

Compare to,

B) The USA is the Caucasian Nation.

Do you see the difference? The USA is not the only caucasian nation, while Israel is the only Jewish nation. So then A) is a valid statement, while B) is not.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the words of men. Men who use translations that mislead by removing Gods name against his will. Because those men are in darkness.
You seem alergic to what I'm saying. And you don't seem to understand that your Bible version uses this invented name for God, rather than His true Name.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14:3-4 KJV
3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Much love!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you said, "Jesus is ONLY with JW's". How long you been JW?

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this: ONLY Jesus / God, "Mighty God", "the first and the last", "search the minds and hearts", "By Him all things were created", ...
And what's your point Jack? Colossians 1 tells us that All things were created by Jesus, but that doesn't make him God Almighty.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what's your point Jack? Colossians 1 tells us that All things were created by Jesus, but that doesn't make him God Almighty.
Yes it does! ONLY God is the Creator in the Christian Bible!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may expand on this a bit:

At the end of John 1:1 we find καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος. The author placed no article before Θεὸς. But the word order, with the predicate Θεὸς coming before the verb, suggests it is to be construed as definite ("God") rather than indefinite ("a god"). This is a consistent pattern in NT Greek, as Colwell, "Rule for the Use of the Article in the Greek New Testament," Journal of Biblical Literature Apr., 1933, Vol. 52, No. 1 (Apr., 1933), pp. 12-21 explains after an exhaustive survey. He concludes:

"The absence of the article does not make the predicate indefinite or qualitative when it precedes the verb; it is indefinite in this position only when the context demands it. The context makes no such demand in the Gospel of John, for this statement cannot be regarded as strange in the prologue of the gospel which reaches its climax in the confession of Thomas."
Oops, I forgot to attach Colwell's piece. Here it is. Should give any "and the Word was a god" proponent some pause. A LOT of pause.

Attachments

• Colwell-DefiniteRuleUse-1933.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. ‘In’ and ‘through’ are prepositions not a verb, like ‘is.’
Colossians 1:16 (CSBBible)
16 For everything was created by him,
in heaven and on earth,
the visible and the invisible,

Colossians 1:16 (CEB)
16 Because all things were created by him: both in the heavens and on the earth,

Colossians 1:16 (CEV)
16 Everything was created by him, everything in heaven and on earth,

Colossians 1:16 (Darby)
16 because by him were created all things, the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth,

Colossians 1:16 (ETRV)
16 Through his power all things were made: things in heaven and on earth,

Colossians 1:16 (ESV)
16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible,

Colossians 1:16 (GW)
16 He created all things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible.

Colossians 1:16 (HCSB)
16 For everything was created by Him, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible,

Colossians 1:16 (ICB)
16 Through his power all things were made—things in heaven and on earth, things seen and unseen,

Colossians 1:16 (KJV)
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth,

Colossians 1:16 (NET1)
16 for all things in heaven and on earth were created by him — all things, whether visible or invisible,

Colossians 1:16 (NASB77)
16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible,

Colossians 1:16 (NASB)
16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible,

Colossians 1:16 (NIV)
16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible,

Colossians 1:16 (TLB)
16 Christ himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth,

Colossians 1:16 (Webster's Bible)
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are upon earth,

Jesus is God!

Last edited:

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is when Ton Theon=God is in the same paragraph with Theon= god
I ask a third time: Don't the Greek lexicons you are referring to have both upper case and lower case lettering?

Meanwhile, your reference to 2 Cor. 4:4 is not an instance of "Ton Theon" and "Theon" taking on definite and indefinite meanings for God in the same paragraph. (I assume you meant to anglicize it "Tou Theou" and "Theou.") You deleted an article. The verse has ὁ θεὸς ("ho theos," since we are anglicizing) and τοῦ Θεοῦ ("tou theou"). Articles both times! That distinguishes it from John 1:1. The issue in John 1:1 is how to interpret the unarticulated Θεὸς. 2 Cor. 4:4 doesn't have an unarticulated θεὸς. So it sheds no light on the issue.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1 (DRV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (ASV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (AMP)
1 the Word was God Himself.

John 1:1 (CSBBible)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (CEB)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (CJB)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (CEV)
1 The Word was with God and was truly God.

John 1:1 (Darby)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (ETRV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (ESV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (GW)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (HCSB)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (ICB)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (KJV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (MLB)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (NET1)
1 the Word was fully God.

John 1:1 (NASB77)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (NASB)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (NCV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (NIV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (NIV2011)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (NJB)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (NLT2)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (NRSV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (RSV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (MSG)
1 The Word was God,

John 1:1 (TEV)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (Webster's Bible)
1 the Word was God.

John 1:1 (YLT)
1 the Word was God;
Yes. And?

No doubt there are others.

But you seem to think it’s from the “JW” perspective where this rendering of John 1:1 began.

I’ve shown otherwise.

But I ask again (no one seems to want to answer):

Who was Jesus’ God?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
….there are so many passages that just won't make any clear sense without recognizing that God is the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
You think so?
Which ones?

Because I find just the opposite.

Reactions: Aunty Jane