A small rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A small rapture?
I was taught a Pretrib Rapture in the early 70s by friends and the church I began to attend. But I had been raised in church from birth where no such thing ever existed. Since this was new to me, and held by all my new Christian friends, I thought Pretribism was the way to go.

Hal Lindsey had written a book called "The Late Great Planet Earth," and was taking the "world by storm." Lindsey was out of Dallas Theological Seminary, I believe, where they all taught Dispensationalism, which contains Pretrib Doctrine.

If you had memorized Matthew 24 and Mark 13 you might have come quicker back to the realization that Jesus' future return is after the tribulation, like He said. Those two chapters are more clear about it than Paul in 2 Thess.2, though that is also what Paul was teaching.

Apostle Paul revealed in detail, what will happen on the 7th Trumpet (i.e., "last trump"). In the 1 Corinthians 15 chapter Paul showed that the dead will be raised on the day of Christ's return, which Jesus showed in John 5:28-29 for both the just and the unjust. On that same day also, Paul show those still alive on earth will be 'changed' at the "twinkling of an eye". Most do not apply that to the wicked, but the Isaiah 25 Scripture shows that is for all nations being changed to the "spiritual body".

If you still have a problem understanding that point about the change to the "spiritual body" on the day of Christ's future day, the last day of this world, then maybe that is what is hanging you up on some of the events for the end of this world.

In 2 Corinthians 5, which is after the 1 Corinthians 15 subject about the resurrection body and change on the "last trump", Paul then covers the fact that we already have the "spiritual body" now, dwelling inside our flesh. Paul explains with the idea that if our flesh body were dissolved, we still have another body from God, not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

That points to the way the future "last trump" event will happen for those still alive in the flesh on earth when Jesus returns, is that our flesh will suddenly, at an instant, be cast off, revealing our "spiritual body". And then in that spirit body is HOW those in Christ on earth will be "caught up" (raptured) to Jesus and the asleep saints He brings with Him, and we go with Him and them, to the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem to begin His future 1,000 years reign over all nations.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had memorized Matthew 24 and Mark 13 you might have come quicker back to the realization that Jesus' future return is after the tribulation, like He said. Those two chapters are more clear about it than Paul in 2 Thess.2, though that is also what Paul was teaching.
I did memorize Matt 24, but *after* I had memorized 2 Thessalonians! ;) But keep in mind, I had been reading the Olivet Discourse while under the influence of Pretribism. To be honest, it never made much sense to me at that time! It was not just Pretribism that muddied the picture, however. Futurism, as well, made the passage completely impossible to understand. The passage is largely about the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, although the 2nd Coming is also viewed as a secondary topic.
Apostle Paul revealed in detail, what will happen on the 7th Trumpet (i.e., "last trump"). In the 1 Corinthians 15 chapter Paul showed that the dead will be raised on the day of Christ's return, which Jesus showed in John 5:28-29 for both the just and the unjust.
John 5.28-29 is not talking about *when* the dead will be raised, but rather, about the fact Jesus has been given this authority from his Father to determine who has redemptive life and who will be raised to life apart from redemption. There is nothing there about the timing of the resurrection of both of these parties being at the Coming of Christ, though we do know that the "1st Resurrection," ie the resurrection of the Just, will take place at Christ's Coming.

My thinking is that the resurrection of the Unjust takes place a thousand years *after* the Resurrection of the Just, or the 1st Resurrection. This is not mentioned, however, in this passage. It is only about the authority Jesus' Father gave him to pass judgments on all of mankind.
On that same day also, Paul show those still alive on earth will be 'changed' at the "twinkling of an eye". Most do not apply that to the wicked, but the Isaiah 25 Scripture shows that is for all nations being changed to the "spiritual body".
Isaiah is speaking of the defeat of death as the universal affliction of mankind, separating God's People from God's Kingdom on earth. That will take place when Christ glorifies the Church at his Coming and when he restores Israel from her metaphorical "death" at the restoration of her nation-state.
If you still have a problem understanding that point about the change to the "spiritual body" on the day of Christ's future day, the last day of this world, then maybe that is what is hanging you up on some of the events for the end of this world.

In 2 Corinthians 5, which is after the 1 Corinthians 15 subject about the resurrection body and change on the "last trump", Paul then covers the fact that we already have the "spiritual body" now, dwelling inside our flesh. Paul explains with the idea that if our flesh body were dissolved, we still have another body from God, not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
I think Paul talks about a *promised* future body, prepared by the work of Christ. Christ is in heaven representing our promised new bodies, since he has already received his on our behalf. We don't have a glorified body, either now or in heaven. It is just a promise.
That points to the way the future "last trump" event will happen for those still alive in the flesh on earth when Jesus returns, is that our flesh will suddenly, at an instant, be cast off, revealing our "spiritual body". And then in that spirit body is HOW those in Christ on earth will be "caught up" (raptured) to Jesus and the asleep saints He brings with Him, and we go with Him and them, to the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem to begin His future 1,000 years reign over all nations.
We agree on a lot, but not on this. Sorry!

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5.28-29 is not talking about *when* the dead will be raised, but rather, about the fact Jesus has been given this authority from his Father to determine who has redemptive life and who will be raised to life apart from redemption. There is nothing there about the timing of the resurrection of both of these parties being at the Coming of Christ, though we do know that the "1st Resurrection," ie the resurrection of the Just, will take place at Christ's Coming.

I have to strongly disagree with you about John 5, not only does it cover the 'future' resurrection of both the Just and unjust, it also covers the resurrection that happened at Christ's cross:

At the Cross Timing:
John 5:25
Verily, verily, I say unto you,
The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
KJV

That was about the time of Jesus' death and resurrection, and then His preaching The Gospel to the "spirits in prison" (Matt.27:50-53; 1 Peter 3 & 4).

The Future Resurrection At His Future Return:

John 5:28-29
28 Marvel not at this: for
the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
KJV

So I don't know what seminary doctrine of men is keeping you from understanding that.

My thinking is that the resurrection of the Unjust takes place a thousand years *after* the Resurrection of the Just, or the 1st Resurrection. This is not mentioned, however, in this passage. It is only about the authority Jesus' Father gave him to pass judgments on all of mankind.
Which that idea is actually a 'tradition of men'. What Jesus revealed in that John 5:28-29 passage about the future resurrection on the day of His return is solid. What has you confused is the Pop doctrine that the Revelation 20:5 verse about the dead not living again until the thousand years are over is about the wicked still in graves throughout Christ's "thousand years" reign.

This is why I keep reminding brethren about Paul's quoting Isaiah 25 about death swallowed up in victory, and the change to the "spiritual body" on the "last trump" (Christ's coming). Christ's future reign will be a time in spirit bodies, no longer in flesh bodies. And that applies to the unsaved also. Thus the "dead" in Rev.20:5 actually means 'spiritually dead', i.e., a still liable to die soul, still subject to the "second death".

Apostle Paul covered that concept in the Greek of 1 Corinthians 15:53 with 4 different Greek terms. Our corruptible flesh must put on incorruption (spiritual body), AND our 'mortal' (soul) must put on immortality. 2 changes is what Paul covered in the Greek, not just one. The spiritually dead during Christ's coming reign will still be liable to perish in the "lake of fire" at the end of the "thousand years", for that is what is called the "second death". They will go through Christ's reign like everyone else, but will be among the wicked "resurrection of damnation" throughout the "thousand years".

Then, at God's Great White Throne Judgment after that "thousand years", the books will be opened to see if any names are written in it (about the unsaved only). That's not about the 1st resurrection; their names were already written when Jesus returns and reigns with Him. The checking of the book of life after the "thousand years" is to see any of the 'unsaved' converted to Jesus during... that "thousand years". And those who did become joined with Christ's elect of the 1st resurrection. That is what the implied... 2nd resurrection is about, and it is unto LIFE, not unto destruction.

For example, if I roll out a marble to you on the floor, and I say that's the 1st marble, you will automatically expect at least one more, simply because I said "first", which implies at least another one. That does not mean I roll out a golf ball, or a baseball, etc. It means I roll out another marble LIKE the First one. That is how the implied... 2nd resurrection is being revealed in Rev.20. It's another resurrection unto life for those who convert to Jesus Christ during the Millennium. And what did Apostle Paul say in Romans 11 about his brethren the Jews which God blinded away from The Gospel, quoting from Isaiah? He said all Israel will be saved. Well, Christ's future "thousand years" reign is when their blindness will be removed, and they will convert to Jesus Christ and be saved.

Isaiah is speaking of the defeat of death as the universal affliction of mankind, separating God's People from God's Kingdom on earth. That will take place when Christ glorifies the Church at his Coming and when he restores Israel from her metaphorical "death" at the restoration of her nation-state.
You've never read Isaiah 25, have you? That is where Apostle Paul was quoting from in 1 Cor.15 about death being swallowed up in victory. Once Lord Jesus returns, the only... kind of death remaining is the "second death", which is the casting of one's spirit and soul in the "lake of fire" along with Satan, hell, and the concept of death. In God's future Kingdom after the "lake of fire" destruction there is no more death (Rev.21:4). This means our time in these flesh type bodies we have today will be over, all peoples will be changed to their spirit bodies on the day of Christ's return.

As a matter of fact, understanding this is a very EASY way to know when the false-Messiah shows up, because if... one is still in a flesh body, then it means that Messiah which comes first will be the false-Messiah, the Antichrist. Jesus returns to destroy that false-Messiah, and that is when everyone on earth will be changed to their spirit body, including the unjust.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to strongly disagree with you about John 5, not only does it cover the 'future' resurrection of both the Just and unjust, it also covers the resurrection that happened at Christ's cross:

At the Cross Timing:
John 5:25
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

That was about the time of Jesus' death and resurrection, and then His preaching The Gospel to the "spirits in prison" (Matt.27:50-53; 1 Peter 3 & 4).
John 5.25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

Yes, Jesus is speaking of his imminent ability to speak eternal life to men, which became available after his atoning death on the cross. The time has "now come," meaning imminently. His ministry had come to the cross so that he could speak eternal life to those who choose to follow him.

I have no need to bring 1 Peter 3 and 4 or Matt 27 into this. Suffice it to say that at Jesus' cross he obtained the authority to grant people eternal life.

But this says nothing about giving eternal life to the wicked who reject him, nor about the timing of their resurrection from the dead. It is primarily speaking of Jesus obtaining authority to give eternal life to his followers.

John 5. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

So in vs. 27 there is a shift from giving eternal life to the righteous to Christ's authority to bring eternal judgment to those who reject eternal life. He was given authority to judge once the authority to give eternal life had been given him. The sentence of eternal judgment comes once the offer to have eternal life has been given and has been turned down by the wicked.

John 5.28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

So Jesus is now addressing both the righteous who accept his offer of eternal life and the wicked who reject this offer of eternal life. And he indicates both groups will be brought back to physical existence in order to receive sentencing. There is nothing about the timing of the resurrection of the wicked. Only we know the time of the resurrection of the righteous is addressed at some point as being connected to Christ's 2nd Coming.

John 5.30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

This is all about Jesus referring to his authority to both save and judge, and does not identify the specific time the wicked will be raised from the dead. That reference is at some point is only to the righteous who receive eternal life, who rise up at Jesus' coming..
John 5:28-29
28 Marvel not at this: for
the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
This passage does *not* address the timing of the "resurrection of damnation" for me, because Jesus is talking about when he obtains authority to grant or deny eternal life. And that was when he rose from the dead, having cancelled the bondage of death.

And Jesus is here asserting that in this new metaphorical "hour," which is the NT era, the resurrection of both groups will happen. He is not saying strictly when each group will be raised from the dead but only about the fact that they all take place in the same "hour," ie in the NT era after Jesus has obtained NT authority to render this judgment.

It is clear to me that this is a metaphorical "hour" because Jesus could not possibly have been saying that he has been given authority to judge, which was at his 1st Coming, and in the same literal hour he would raise both the righteous and the wicked! John used the same sense of a metaphorical "hour" when he said it is already the "last hour," in which the NT antichrists are arising.

1 John 2.18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.
Which that idea is actually a 'tradition of men'. What Jesus revealed in that John 5:28-29 passage about the future resurrection on the day of His return is solid. What has you confused is the Pop doctrine that the Revelation 20:5 verse about the dead not living again until the thousand years are over is about the wicked still in graves throughout Christ's "thousand years" reign.
Rev 20.5 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

This isn't popular theology--it is actually what is written, as I see it.
This is why I keep reminding brethren about Paul's quoting Isaiah 25 about death swallowed up in victory, and the change to the "spiritual body" on the "last trump" (Christ's coming).
I don't even know what "change to the spiritual body" means! What is the "spiritual body" that you're referring to? Isa 25 says nothing about the "spiritual body!"

Isa 25.7 On this mountain he will destroy
the shroud that enfolds all peoples,
the sheet that covers all nations;

This is not about the "spiritual body!" This is about the recovery of those physical dead, returning their spirits to their new bodies, at the return of Christ. It is a *physical resurrection,* experienced by people from all across the earth because all have to suffer death. And this is specifically mentioned on behalf of the righteous who will benefit from this resurrection in the form of immortality. Again, there is nothing about the "spiritual body."
Christ's future reign will be a time in spirit bodies, no longer in flesh bodies. And that applies to the unsaved also. Thus the "dead" in Rev.20:5 actually means 'spiritually dead', i.e., a still liable to die soul, still subject to the "second death".
I can't agree with that as stated.
Apostle Paul covered that concept in the Greek of 1 Corinthians 15:53 with 4 different Greek terms. Our corruptible flesh must put on incorruption (spiritual body)
This is speaking of a physical resurrection to physical immortality--not a "spiritual body."
AND our 'mortal' (soul) must put on immortality.
This is saying our physical, mortal existence must attain to physical, immortal existence. This is speaking of the soul within the currently mortal body--not just the "soul." The soul is deemed "mortal" by its presence within the physical, mortal body.
2 changes is what Paul covered in the Greek, not just one. The spiritually dead during Christ's coming reign will still be liable to perish in the "lake of fire" at the end of the "thousand years", for that is what is called the "second death". They will go through Christ's reign like everyone else, but will be among the wicked "resurrection of damnation" throughout the "thousand years".
I think you're confusing the term "spiritual death" with "spirit body?" If so, I'd have to say they do not mean the same thing. To "spiritually die" means to be separated from God in our physical existence, because the soul, or human spirit, is designed to exist within a physical body. When we die, we lose our ability to existence with God in a physical plane.

The "2nd Death," or Eternal Death, has to do with a final, eternal separation from God on a physical plane. That's why lost souls are brought back into physical bodies through resurrection because ultimately that's where all human souls belong and are to be judged forever, by a physical separation or by a physical geographical union.
That is where Apostle Paul was quoting from in 1 Cor.15 about death being swallowed up in victory... This means our time in these flesh type bodies we have today will be over, all peoples will be changed to their spirit bodies on the day of Christ's return.
No, I don't think so. Not all peoples will be changed to their "spirit bodies," whatever that means?
As a matter of fact, understanding this is a very EASY way to know when the false-Messiah shows up, because if... one is still in a flesh body, then it means that Messiah which comes first will be the false-Messiah, the Antichrist. Jesus returns to destroy that false-Messiah, and that is when everyone on earth will be changed to their spirit body, including the unjust.
There is no changing everyone to a "spirit body," whatever that means? Where do you get that from? Who taught you that?

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5.25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

But this says nothing about giving eternal life to the wicked who reject him, nor about the timing of their resurrection from the dead. It is primarily speaking of Jesus obtaining authority to give eternal life to his followers.
You didn't read all of what I wrote. Right above that John 5:25 verse I put the heading: At The Cross Timing. So of course that verse is NOT about the future resurrection that will happen only when Jesus returns.

John 5. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

So in vs. 27 there is a shift from giving eternal life to the righteous to Christ's authority to bring eternal judgment to those who reject eternal life. He was given authority to judge once the authority to give eternal life had been given him. The sentence of eternal judgment comes once the offer to have eternal life has been given and has been turned down by the wicked.
Those above verses are simply of how Jesus has been given Authority over death, and the power to give eternal life through His judgment. Those 26-27 verses aren't about the subject of the future... resurrection either.

John 5.28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

But the John 5:28-29 verses ARE... about the future resurrection that is to take place on the day of Jesus' future return, for both, the Just and the unjust, exactly as Apostle Paul suggested in Acts 24:15. The KJV uses the phrases "resurrection of life" and the "resurrection of damnation", as I did show in my previous post.

So Jesus is now addressing both the righteous who accept his offer of eternal life and the wicked who reject this offer of eternal life. And he indicates both groups will be brought back to physical existence in order to receive sentencing. There is nothing about the timing of the resurrection of the wicked. Only we know the time of the resurrection of the righteous is addressed at some point as being connected to Christ's 2nd Coming.
Brought back to physical existence in order to receive sentencing? No, not really GWT Judgement time yet, but this is only on the day of Christ's return.

That's what that "all that are in the graves shall hear His voice" (KJV) is about. It's what some Bible scholars call a 'general resurrection', because it will include both the "first resurrection" of life that reign with Jesus during the 1,000 years, and also a resurrection of damnation for the wicked who will stand in judgment throughout that 1,000 years, their souls still being liable to die at the "second death".

John 5.30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

This is all about Jesus referring to his authority to both save and judge, and does not identify the specific time the wicked will be raised from the dead. That reference is at some point is only to the righteous who receive eternal life, who rise up at Jesus' coming..

This passage does *not* address the timing of the "resurrection of damnation" for me, because Jesus is talking about when he obtains authority to grant or deny eternal life. And that was when he rose from the dead, having cancelled the bondage of death.
I never said anything about John 5:30, as the subject at that point in the Scripture changes.

And Jesus is here asserting that in this new metaphorical "hour," which is the NT era, the resurrection of both groups will happen. He is not saying strictly when each group will be raised from the dead but only about the fact that they all take place in the same "hour," ie in the NT era after Jesus has obtained NT authority to render this judgment.
That idea of an "hour" Jesus uses is simply put for a specific time for the event of the resurrection at the time of His death on the cross, and then for another but different time about the "hour" for the future resurrection event, which is to occur on the last day of this world, the day of His return. Thus it is completely un-Biblical to try and turn that "hour" concept into some Church-Age or Era allegory of men.

Rev 20.5 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

This isn't popular theology--it is actually what is written, as I see it.

I don't even know what "change to the spiritual body" means! What is the "spiritual body" that you're referring to? Isa 25 says nothing about the "spiritual body!"
You should study 1 Corinthians 15 by Apostle Paul, and also 2 Corinthians 5 by Paul. Then Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 and Matthew 10:28 by Lord Jesus.

On the day of Christ's future return, all still alive on earth will be 'changed', like Paul said...

1 Cor 15:50-54
50 Now this I say, brethren, that
flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
KJV

Paul is pointing to ALL... in the graves being resurrected on that "last trump" (which is the 7th Trumpet of Rev.11). That is what Jesus taught in John 5:28-29 that I already showed, and that is what Paul is also covering here in 1 Corinthians 15.

The Isaiah 25:6-9 verses are saying the same thing, but doing it with more metaphor speech than what Paul used. And the subject is about 'death swallowed up in victory', which the below is where Paul was pulling from...

Isa 25:6-9
6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

7 And He will destroy in this mountain
the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

That "face of the covering" and "vail that is spread over all nations" is about the flesh body, a body of corruption. When Jesus returns, ALL on earth alive, both the Just and unjust, will put off that flesh body and will never ever need it anymore. And that is exactly what Paul taught in 1 Cor.15:50...

1 Cor.15:50
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Isaiah 25:8-9
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9 And it shall be said in that day, "Lo, This is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: This is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."
KJV

That will happen for BOTH resurrection types on the day of Christ's future return.

That is what the Scripture is teaching. Now whether one desires to accept what those Scriptures teach in simplicity is up to each soul.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 25:8-9, 1 Cor 15:50-56, are both Prophesies about the GWT Judgment, AFTER the Millennium. Proved by Revelation 21:4.... only then will Death be no more.

Not true, for these Isaiah 25 verses are about the Marriage Supper to occur only when Jesus returns...

Isa 25:6-9
And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

7 And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

And it shall be said in that day, "Lo, This is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: This is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."
KJV

Even with that Isaiah 25:9 verse, the saints then are 'presenting' Christ on that day, saying, "Lo, This is our God...", and how they 'waited' for Him and His Salvation. If that were way into the future "thousand years", that would no longer have need to be said to the unsaved.

IF... you had properly understood the above Isaiah 25 Scripture, especially that verse 7 & 8, in relation to 1 Corinthians 15:50-54, then you would have a better understanding of Revelation 20:5 about the 'dead' who live not again until the thousand years are over.

Paul showed in 1 Corinthians 15:50-54 that all alive on earth on the day of Jesus' return will be 'changed' at the 'twinkling of an eye'. He said 'we all shall be changed'. And further up in that Chapter Paul also stated that as we have born the "image of the earthy", we shall also bear the "image of the heavenly". Well, have the wicked borne the "image of the earthy", yes, of course, because that simply means a flesh body. And the "resurrection of damnation" Jesus mentioned in John 5:28-29, didn't you recognize that word "resurrection" He used??

Sorry, but I think the Scriptures make this very easy to understand, especially for those in Christ that have The New Testament Scriptures now as a Witness.

What this means is that the old tradition that the "dead" of Rev.20:5 are still in graves, and raised only after... the "thousand years" to stand in judgment in order to be cast into the "lake of fire", is just that, a FLESHY DOCTRINE by those who refuse to recognize what God's Word teaches about the FUTURE BODY TYPE all will have when Jesus returns. And that future spirit body is what the Isaiah 25:7 Scripture is pointing to...

Isa 25:7-8
7 And
He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
KJV

That above is where Apostle Paul was pulling from about the event of the future that will occur on the "last trump" per 1 Cor.15.

The concept of FLESH death only, will be destroyed on that day of Christ's return. Only for those in Christ will that death swallowed up in victory be applied to, i.e., the "first resurrection".

The wicked will still be under the "second death" that only will happen after the "thousand years". Thus the concept of death is still active during that "thousand years", it's just not a FLESH death. No one is going to still be in flesh bodies after Jesus returns. Apostle Paul showed this in the Greek of 1 Corinthians 15:53, but I can't get anyone here to look that up in the Greek in order to learn about it. The "this mortal" phrase Paul used in the Greek means 'liable to die', and it about the "second death" for the still unsaved in that time.

BUT... the concept of 'death' completely will be destroyed only after God's GWT Judgment.

Thus the Rev.20:5 "dead" is about the resurrection of damnation that Jesus taught of in John 5:28-29, and the wicked that are still alive when Jesus returns. Those will be SPIRITUALLY dead, not physically dead in the ground like many think.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The concept of FLESH death only, will be destroyed on that day of Christ's return. Only for those in Christ will that death swallowed up in victory be applied to, i.e., the "first resurrection".
Revelation 21:4 proves you wrong.
Only after the Millennium, will Death be no more.

Note; that those GT martyrs who Jesus will raise back to life, can die again, Rev 20:6. but as their names are Written in the Book of Life, their second death will not affect their eventual transformation into immortality at the GWT Judgment of all peoples.
the old tradition that the "dead" of Rev.20:5 are still in graves, and raised only after... the "thousand years" to stand in judgment in order to be cast into the "lake of fire", is just that, a FLESHY DOCTRINE by those who refuse to recognize what God's Word teaches about the FUTURE BODY TYPE all will have when Jesus returns. And that future spirit body is what the Isaiah 25:7 Scripture is pointing to...
Rev 20 makes it clear that only after the thousand years is over, will God Judge everyone who has ever lived, including those still alive at that time. If those living people 's names are found in the book of Life, then they will never die, but be transformed in an instant into immortality. As 1 Cor 15:50-56 says.
The foolish and rather crazy idea of a body change; glorification of His people when Jesus Returns, is not scriptural and won't happen.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:4 proves you wrong.
Only after the Millennium, will Death be no more.
If you had read what I wrote, and actually understood the Scripture I referred to in Revelation about the "second death", then you would have understood. But you are obviously having a problem with your 'FLESHY' thinking about the future "second death"...

Rev 20:6
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such
the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
KJV

flesh death = death of one's FLESH BODY ONLY.
"second death" = death of one's SPIRIT & SOUL ONLY.

Jesus in Matthew 10:28, and Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 5, showed that if our flesh body is killed or dies, we still have another body (of spirit), eternal in the heavens, and our soul thus continues with that spirit body. And Paul showed the spiritual body is what the resurrection also is about (1 Cor.15). And Jesus showed there will be a "resurrection of damnation" about the wicked (John 5:28-29).

I know putting all those Biblical Truths together in the mind so as to understand the future type body of the Millennium is kind of like doing Math, but simple Math shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you had read what I wrote, and actually understood the Scripture I referred to in Revelation about the "second death", then you would have understood. But you are obviously having a problem with your 'FLESHY' thinking about the future "second death"...
You don't seem to understand what I and scripture says about the second death which will be experienced by the GT martyrs during the Millennium.
Those martyrs killed during the 3 1/2 period of world control by the 'beast', will be brought back to life, when Jesus Returns. Note; not yet to immortality. So they can and I would think mostly will die naturally again, As Lazarus did.
They will again, lie in their graves, but when they stand before God on His GWT in Judgment, they will automatically receive immortality.

No one will receive the real second death of their soul, until after that Judgment.

Generally we agree on most things, but I advise you to curb your condescending manner.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't seem to understand what I and scripture says about the second death which will be experienced by the GT martyrs during the Millennium.

That verifies what I said that you don't understood about that future time. There ain't gonna' be no martyrs in Christ's future "thousand years" reign. There won't be any more flesh death either.

Christ's Faithful Church will be reigning with Him, with His given "rod of iron" over the nations in the future Millennium. So that idea of 'martyrs' reveals just how far from The Word of God you have strayed.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That verifies what I said that you don't understood about that future time. There ain't gonna' be no martyrs in Christ's future "thousand years" reign. There won't be any more flesh death either.
There will be death during the Millennium. Isaiah 65:20 proves it.
What do you call the worlds armies after they are struck by the fire from heaven? Rev 20:9b

Christ's Faithful Church will be reigning with Him, with His given "rod of iron" over the nations in the future Millennium. So that idea of 'martyrs' reveals just how far from The Word of God you have strayed.
I never said those who will die in the Millennium will be martyrs.
What your posts reveal is an intransigent attitude and a failure to understand God plans for the end times.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will be death during the Millennium. Isaiah 65:20 proves it.
Isaiah 65:20 is an EXPRESSION pointing to eternal life. The reason why there won't be "an infant OF DAYS" is because there will NOT be any INFANTS in that future time after Jesus returns! Did you not understand Jesus when He said those of the resurrection neither marry nor take in marriage, but are as the angels of God in Heaven? No one will still be in flesh bodies after the last day of this world, and that includes the wicked also who will have their "resurrection of damnation".

So what is it you do not understanding about the resurrection type BODY which Apostle Paul taught about in 1 Corinthians 15 being a "SPIRITUAL BODY"? If the wicked dead are raised to the "resurrection of condemnation" like Jesus said in John 5:28-29, then that means they also will have that "SPIRITUAL BODY" type while they are still subject to the "second death" later at the end of the 1,000 years!

You are simply wanting to dwell on the idea of FLESH and you show you don't really understand the difference between FLESH and SPIRIT.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Isaiah 65:20 is an EXPRESSION pointing to eternal life. The reason why there won't be "an infant OF DAYS" is because there will NOT be any INFANTS in that future time after Jesus returns! Did you not understand Jesus when He said those of the resurrection neither marry nor take in marriage, but are as the angels of God in Heaven? No one will still be in flesh bodies after the last day of this world, and that includes the wicked also who will have their "resurrection of damnation".

So what is it you do not understanding about the resurrection type BODY which Apostle Paul taught about in 1 Corinthians 15 being a "SPIRITUAL BODY"? If the wicked dead are raised to the "resurrection of condemnation" like Jesus said in John 5:28-29, then that means they also will have that "SPIRITUAL BODY" type while they are still subject to the "second death" later at the end of the 1,000 years!

You are simply wanting to dwell on the idea of FLESH and you show you don't really understand the difference between FLESH and SPIRIT.
You are sadly confused, as the Resurrection and the change to immortality does not happen until the Judgment, AFFTER the Millennium.
Rev 20:6 plainly says the only people resurrected when Jesus Returns, can die again.
The huge army killed by fire from heaven, Rev 20:9, are well and truly killed.

You need to reconsider your beliefs, so as to conform with plainly stated scripture.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are sadly confused, as the Resurrection and the change to immortality does not happen until the Judgment, AFFTER the Millennium.

You just are not paying attention to the Scriptures. Apostle Paul showed in 1 Cor.15, starting around verse 51-54 that EVERYONE WILL BE CHANGED on the "last trump" at the "twinkling of an eye". The symbolic 'veil' of Isaiah 25 being removed from ALL nations, where Paul quoted about 'death swallowed up in victory' also confirms that ALL will be changed on that "last trump".

Well let's see, what does "LAST trump" mean?

It means the FINAL Trumpet, which is the 7th Trumpet of Revelation 11:15 shows The Father and The Son Jesus Christ TAKE REIGN RIGHT THEN over all kingdoms of this world. That is WHEN all... peoples will be 'changed', and the dead resurrected. It is the time of Christ's future coming to gather His saints, and take them with Him to Jerusalem to begin His "thousand years" reign of Rev.20.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You just are not paying attention to the Scriptures. Apostle Paul showed in 1 Cor.15, starting around verse 51-54 that EVERYONE WILL BE CHANGED on the "last trump" at the "twinkling of an eye". The symbolic 'veil' of Isaiah 25 being removed from ALL nations, where Paul quoted about 'death swallowed up in victory' also confirms that ALL will be changed on that "last trump".

Well let's see, what does "LAST trump" mean?

It means the FINAL Trumpet, which is the 7th Trumpet of Revelation 11:15 shows The Father and The Son Jesus Christ TAKE REIGN RIGHT THEN over all kingdoms of this world. That is WHEN all... peoples will be 'changed', and the dead resurrected. It is the time of Christ's future coming to gather His saints, and take them with Him to Jerusalem to begin His "thousand years" reign of Rev.20.
You remain sadly confused.
Pauls Prophecy in 1 Cor 15:50-56, is about what happens at the GWT Judgement. AFTER the Millennium.
Proved by how it will be then that Death will be no more. Revelation 21:4

People will live normal mortal lives during the Millennium. Albeit; that they will live much longer and have no diseases. Isaiah 65:18-25

The Seventh trumpet blast of Rev 11:15, is a Prophecy about the coming Return of Jesus. It doesn't happen then, as the 7 Bowls are yet to be poured out. It will be at the Seventh Bowl, that the Great Day of Almighty God happens. Revelation 16:14

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You remain sadly confused.
Pauls Prophecy in 1 Cor 15:50-56, is about what happens at the GWT Judgement. AFTER the Millennium.
Ah........... no it isn't.

The 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Scripture ONLY happens on the LAST DAY of this PRESENT world time.

1 Cor 15:51-52
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery;
We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
KJV

Breaking down the above phrases...
1. "at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound"= 7th TRUMPET, the FINAL one per the events of Revelation 11:15-18 about Jesus having returned.

2. "and the dead shall be raised incorruptible" = the future RESURRECTION ON THE DAY JESUS RETURNS, of BOTH, the "resurrection of life" (alseep saints of 1 Thess.4:13-16 that Jesus brings with Him), and the "resurrection of damnation", both which Jesus showed in John 5:28-29 will happen on the day of His return.

3. "and we shall be changed" = those still alive on earth on the LAST DAY when Jesus returns.

I really hope... you didn't get your false ideas on that from some church you are attending. If so, then RUN... from that beth-aven (house of vanity)!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Scripture ONLY happens on the LAST DAY of this PRESENT world time.
Present world time, that is; the earths rotation and its orbit around the sun, will continue until the end of the Millennium.
When 1 Cor 15:50-56 will be fulfilled. Not before Eternity, when Death will be no more.

You seem to be the purveyor of false ideas.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Present world time, that is; the earths rotation and its orbit around the sun, will continue until the end of the Millennium.
When 1 Cor 15:50-56 will be fulfilled. Not before Eternity, when Death will be no more.

You seem to be the purveyor of false ideas.

I'm sticking strictly... to the written Bible Scriptures, but it is actually YOU that is the "purveyor of false ideas". I can't imagine what kind of beth-aven you are attending that's planted such crazy ideas in your head.

The 1 Cor. 15:51-54 Scripture will happen on the LAST DAY of this world when Jesus returns to gather His Church, and NOT at any other time. The last day of this world is when Jesus said He will raise those that belong to Him, pointing to the future time of resurrection of the asleep saints.

John 6:40
40 And this is the will of Him That sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life:
and I will raise him up at the last day.
KJV