Anguish in Waiting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Have you ever experienced what it feels like to be in a dark tunnel of agony then you begin to ask the Lord, "Why would you allow a wonderful and godly person go through this?"

Some might say, "Life doesn't end there, we need to go on, and hope." Easier said than done but we can look at what's written in James 1:2-3 "Consider it joy when you face trials of many kinds; when your faith succeeds you will have the ability to endure."

The joy here isn't about becoming a masochist welcoming every pain that may come along whilst enjoying every trials but can be found in His word that can give us comfort and assurance.

Pain is inevitable even while waiting for God's answers for a certain situation, or for a Lifetime Partner, how do you overcome and find joy?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever experienced what it feels like to be in a dark tunnel of agony then you begin to ask the Lord, "Why would you allow a wonderful and godly person go through this?"

Some might say, "Life doesn't end there, we need to go on, and hope." Easier said than done but we can look at what's written in James 1:2-3 "Consider it joy when you face trials of many kinds; when your faith succeeds you will have the ability to endure."

The joy here isn't about becoming a masochist welcoming every pain that may come along whilst enjoying every trials but can be found in His word that can give us comfort and assurance.

Pain is inevitable even while waiting for God's answers for certain situations, or for a Lifetime Partner, how do you overcome and find joy?
Are you looking for a lifetime partner chiclady?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Pain is inevitable even while waiting for God's answers for certain situations, or for a Lifetime Partner, how do you overcome and find joy?
I have discovered that we go through spiritual seasons just as nature itself goes through seasons and each of them is vital for healthy growth and fruit/crop production. I have a longer version of this lesson that God taught me, and if i remember I will post it when i am on my PC where all my stuff is stored.

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I have discovered that we go through spiritual seasons just as nature itself goes through seasons and each of them is vital for healthy growth and fruit/crop production. I have a longer version of this lesson that God taught me, and if i remember I will post it when i am on my PC where all my stuff is stored.
I would appreciate seeing that Pearl. Thanks.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate seeing that Pearl. Thanks.
I'm on my PC now and I've found it. @chiclady

SEASONS OF THE SOUL

It is natural that throughout our lives, even as Christians, each one of us will experience changes in our everyday moods, and just as there are distinct seasons in nature so there are also different seasons of the soul.

There are those lovely ‘summer’ days when we feel completely and inexplicably happy and alive; when all is well with the world and we feel strong and vital, and there are the ‘autumnal’ days of mellow contentment and fruitfulness; of satisfaction and completeness,

The ‘spring’ days bring with them deep joy and a feeling of hope and expectation while the bitter-sweet days of ‘winter’ are days of quiet solitude, contemplation and rest; when we may feel naturally sad or ‘down’ for no apparent reason.

All these different moods are necessary for our well-being and we should learn to embrace them all and let each emotion bring its own richness and variety to our lives. As we get older and more mature and are growing closer to God we may become more aware of these seasonal changes and look for the rich blessings in each.

God our Father is the one who has designed us to benefit from these changes in our emotions, giving us times of sunshine and of rain; of growth and rest; of cutting back and pruning. His is the hand who leads and guides us through these seasons of the soul, planting, nurturing, harvesting and resting our souls for his own purposes.

Let us learn to recognize these changes and accept them as easily as we accept the changes which occur in the natural world, and submit to them as part of the heavenly gardener’s plan for our own spiritual growth and the increased growth of his kingdom.

Part 2

I have discovered over the years that if you are in the 'spring', 'summer' or 'autumn' seasons of the soul you are quite content but when you are going through 'winter' it is more difficult and you long for it to be over and back to 'spring' again.

Of course it is just like this during a real winter, especially during harsh ones like those we’ve had over the last couple of years. We long for new growth and the warmth of spring sunshine on our faces; to be able to cast off all those bulky garments and be free and light, but we get through by making changes to our living arrangements and it can be quite pleasant. We turn the heat up, pull the curtains and switch the lights on wrap up warm and eat different sorts of foods. We all have our own ways of getting through the cold days of winter.

And as in the natural, so in the supernatural; we must make adjustments.

Without the winter dormancy the trees wouldn’t be able to bring forth that fresh new growth that cheers us all so much; we wouldn’t appreciate the warmth of the sun with having experienced the freezing conditions of a bleak winter.

The best thing to do during the ‘winter’ season of the soul is to do what God told me when I was in a very ‘cold’ place a couple of years ago, “Just be and let me”.

I listened to him, obeyed him, stopped worrying about it, and soon the ‘sun’ came out again.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pain is inevitable even while waiting for God's answers for a certain situation, or for a Lifetime Partner, how do you overcome and find joy?
Yes, I have experienced being in a dark / black tunnel, my heart was broken, not long after I became Born Again, through that agony Sis, which was 32 yrs ago, ......

I overcame by putting my Faith and Trust in God, in the beginning I couldn’t understand this heartbreak that I was going through, I tried to get answers from other people.....it was a terrible time, it really was.....over time God showed me that I could only look to him ,put my trust 100% in him and let go of the situation I was in.....well, it has paid off because I know in my spirit that God is in control of my situation....I need not worry about it as he has shown me ,He is working everything out according to his purpose and plan for my life....I wish I could share, unfortunately I can’t, I may be able to one day God willing that is.

I hope this has helped chiclady, God is in control....trust Him He’s right there with you!.........xxx

Remember also, Gods ways and thoughts are much HIGHER than ours, He is God, Sis.....by the way I Love your avatar, very pretty lady,xxx

Reactions: chiclady and Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pray more fervently for the Holy Ghost to be in your life. The Holy Ghost provides, love joy and peace to the soul.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anguish I have felt, but I am no wonderful and godly person,

Reactions: chiclady

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Cassandra, thanks for sharing. You are wonderful because you are God's creation and His portion. You have been made in the image of Christ, so you are special. God bless you.
King James Bible
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isa 9:6

If I am anything, it is through the grace of God. He gets the glory for anything I had done for Him.
I don't consider myself wonderful or special. I am a sinner, we all are, , unrighteous of my own self, undeserving of eternal life. Righteousness comes through Jesus. And I am thankful for what He has done for me.

• Love
Reactions: Pearl and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Cassandra, thanks for sharing. You are wonderful because you are God's creation and His portion. You have been made in the image of Christ, so you are special. God bless you.
King James Bible
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isa 9:6

If I am anything, it is through the grace of God. He gets the glory for anything I had done for Him.
I don't consider myself wonderful or special. I am a sinner, we all are, , unrighteous of my own self, undeserving of eternal life. Righteousness comes through Jesus. And I am thankful for what He has done for me.
Psalm 139:14
[14]I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Psalm 40:5
[5]Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Psalm 107:8

[8]Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

1 Samuel 16:7

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Reactions: TLHKAJ