Apex of Belief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is often credited as “The father of the English sonnet”.

Heavily involved in politics, the family (via his son) was ruined in Wyatt’s Rebellion.
I knew there was a rebellion and conspiracy afoot if not by the senior Wyatt-Klingon family member. I find them everywhere in people.

Reactions: Matthias

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one was the famous Marshall?

Matt Dillon. (No relation.)
Odd coincidence: When I worked for the Bureau of Land Management in the 1970s, the manager of the Safford (AZ) office was Bill Earp, a direct descendant of Wyatt Earp. Also while I worked for BLM, I filmed a Public Service Announcement with Amanda Blake, Marshall Dillon's love interest as Miss Kitty. If anyone wants my autograph, send me a PM. :)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
How can people accept a theory that has potential to clarify and solve our social discord, if the theory itself poses a threat to the current flaw we have assumed to be our only solution.
Hi @I.O.U

Best not to get fooled by contrived strawman arguments.

As you may know, or should, Christianity arises from belief in a Person, not a theory.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can people accept a theory that has potential to clarify and solve our social discord, if the theory itself poses a threat to the current flaw we have assumed to be our only solution.
Well finally to your question. If this is a new or different theory that you know of, about life and living in harmony in this world, that promises to bring more selflessness and giving to others than anything in existence today, then what does your gut tell you to decide and believe?

If your heart and vibes are telling you that the flaw and drag into making a real harmonious society is God, the same God that inspired writers to pen his words of his truth in what we call the Bible; and it's a lie then to you. And then this God also lies about his imminent judgment on all mankind including yourself, and others, all, who are all fallen, defective creatures who need to be saved, then by all means, you are free to believe otherwise of course.

I would not take this decision lightly though, imo. You might have some time to think about it although I would not take too long to decide as you will be deciding between having faith in mortality, wavering unpredictable man, or in man's super intelligent timeless eternal Creator who loves you.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well finally to your question. If this is a new or different theory that you know of, about life and living in harmony in this world, that promises to bring more selflessness and giving to others than anything in existence today, then what does your gut tell you to decide and believe?

If your heart and vibes are telling you that the flaw and drag into making a real harmonious society is God, the same God that inspired writers to pen his words of his truth in what we call the Bible; and it's a lie then to you. And then this God also lies about his imminent judgment on all mankind including yourself, and others, all, who are all fallen, defective creatures who need to be saved, then by all means, you are free to believe otherwise of course.

I would not take this decision lightly though, imo. You might have some time to think about it although I would not take too long to decide as you will be deciding between having faith in mortality, wavering unpredictable man, or in man's super intelligent timeless eternal Creator who loves you.

APAK on apex. Compelling reading.

Reactions: APAK

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

Why would a creator who was real and evident need to be believed in?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would a creator who was real and evident need to be believed in?
Maybe this is a little longer reply that the last one as you ask a much deeper question that some folks have asked throughout the centuries, and said in different ways.

And yes, this creator, he is real and evident although many people are oblivious to his daily presence in our lives. Why is that?

Not going to cover all the ground and only a portion, a portion that I hope will trigger your inquisitive mind to ponder much more on this subject.

Well first off, he is not just a, or any creator, he is the creator of this physical universe and this planet along with everything in it including the human species. Now if one cannot at least be curious in this that this creator did all these things and more, to be curious and believed in, then adding more to this discussion at this point might prove fruitless. I hope not. I believe you understand what I'm saying here already.

In life, and you can verify it over time, we either believe in ourselves and other people in this world to the extent of discounting or avoiding our creator all together, or giving 'him' even a little of our attention and to meditate on, and even imagine what an awesome living God our creator, who is still and always active in our lives. And you might be saying, I'm not aware of such a thing happening.

All human beings are designed to believe in something or someone, and there's no exception. We are created with this capacity to believe and have faith. No other species truly has this capability to believe outside of themselves and with their own personal will of thought, originating from the core of their very being, their spirit/soul. We should ponder why this is for quite a while.

So we possess belief in a lot of everyday things we take for granted. We either acknowledge from our own will, and it can be regarded as self-ish, or we do acknowledge and regard the will of God who is really not outside of ourselves who also possesses a quite different will from our own. He wants the best for us, and he loves us to the point of bringing his own Son to bridge the chasm or falling out from the past. This he did to make peace again, to restore us to him again, so we can then see his will and not our own that is very limited and will die after this life without his help. And so we do have a choice in this matter if our creator calls upon you regarding this issue of saving your live into and for the next one. And I'm hoping you 'see' a next life and not that the lights all go out permanently after you die. And yes we also have this capability to hope in a better future beyond this life. Only humans can do this of course as we are made for a 'higher' purpose.

And yes, there is a will or presence of God, of our creator, pressing on your heart and mind today, wanting you to let him in right now and you are either 'conscience of it or your mind is completely subservient to this ever increasing materialistic world and the things in it.

Analogous to the Matrix movie. Folks are oblivious to the true reality they are actually living in. They have been mesmerized and programmed to believe in, have faith in, an illusion as the replacement for the real spiritual life that only human beings are capable of, made to communicate and believe in their personal creator, and not in an impersonal man-made creation that will fail them and yourself, and all your expectations every time in life as the latter cannot improve your heart condition to love and truly fellowship with others and him, your creator, who designed you I.O.U. for this purpose.

I hope this does make for an intro that you can believe in, as I say these things from my heart, not as a scholarly fixation of pride to woo you to believe in me. It it not me, it is the creator that speaks to your heart from me.

Bless you and in giving me an opportunity to speak for our creator on this serious sobering question you pose, and who I do believe in over even my own will, if you catch my drift...

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Maybe this is a little longer reply that the last one as you ask a much deeper question that some folks have asked throughout the centuries, and said in different ways.

And yes, this creator, he is real and evident although many people are oblivious to his daily presence in our lives. Why is that?

Not going to cover all the ground and only a portion, a portion that I hope will trigger your inquisitive mind to ponder much more on this subject.

Well first off, he is not just a, or any creator, he is the creator of this physical universe and this planet along with everything in it including the human species. Now if one cannot at least be curious in this that this creator did all these things and more, to be curious and believed in, then adding more to this discussion at this point might prove fruitless. I hope not. I believe you understand what I'm saying here already.

In life, and you can verify it over time, we either believe in ourselves and other people in this world to the extent of discounting or avoiding our creator all together, or giving 'him' even a little of our attention and to meditate on, and even imagine what an awesome living God our creator, who is still and always active in our lives. And you might be saying, I'm not aware of such a thing happening.

All human beings are designed to believe in something or someone, and there's no exception. We are created with this capacity to believe and have faith. No other species truly has this capability to believe outside of themselves and with their own personal will of thought, originating from the core of their very being, their spirit/soul. We should ponder why this is for quite a while.

So we possess belief in a lot of everyday things we take for granted. We either acknowledge from our own will, and it can be regarded as self-ish, or we do acknowledge and regard the will of God who is really not outside of ourselves who also possesses a quite different will from our own. He wants the best for us, and he loves us to the point of bringing his own Son to bridge the chasm or falling out from the past. This he did to make peace again, to restore us to him again, so we can then see his will and not our own that is very limited and will die after this life without his help. And so we do have a choice in this matter if our creator calls upon you regarding this issue of saving your live into and for the next one. And I'm hoping you 'see' a next life and not that the lights all go out permanently after you die. And yes we also have this capability to hope in a better future beyond this life. Only humans can do this of course as we are made for a 'higher' purpose.

And yes, there is a will or presence of God, of our creator, pressing on your heart and mind today, wanting you to let him in right now and you are either 'conscience of it or your mind is completely subservient to this ever increasing materialistic world and the things in it.

Analogous to the Matrix movie. Folks are oblivious to the true reality they are actually living in. They have been mesmerized and programmed to believe in, have faith in, an illusion as the replacement for the real spiritual life that only human beings are capable of, made to communicate and believe in their personal creator, and not in an impersonal man-made creation that will fail them and yourself, and all your expectations every time in life as the latter cannot improve your heart condition to love and truly fellowship with others and him, your creator, who designed you I.O.U. for this purpose.

I hope this does make for an intro that you can believe in, as I say these things from my heart, not as a scholarly fixation of pride to woo you to believe in me. It it not me, it is the creator that speaks to your heart from me.

Bless you and in giving me an opportunity to speak for our creator on this serious sobering question you pose, and who I do believe in over even my own will, if you catch my drift...

You said that human beings are the only species who have the capacity to believe. Could you prove that human function to be true?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said that human beings are the only species who have the capacity to believe. Could you prove that human function to be true?
Actually it is the creator's function given to us, possessed by us, intrinsically and 'naturally' used in our spiritual communication with him.

Do you find or see by cursory observation, that animals, mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, plant and trees have the ability to believe in something, let alone someone, on a spiritual plane? It is a creator intelligent function for humans only, and cannot be associated with no-spiritual entities or creatures with an all encompassing, and inclusive scaled function based on man's definition, as a measured intelligence scale of both human and not human creatures together.

If this question was intended as an evolution-type discussion as its major under current, then, we are still miles apart knowing and believing in the existence of the personal creator.

Great evening in Oz....I have relatives over there, although most do not know I exist....for another lighter discussion