Apokatastasis in the early church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "restoration of all things" refers to a time when the evil effects of the rebellion of Satan and our first parents will have been reversed, but that time will only be reached by people faithful to God, not evil people who, together with Satan, will be exterminated from existence.
I see. So you are an Annihilationist.
One of three biblical doctrines of the final judgment.
Have you seen this?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apokatastasis was a major part of Christian theology in the early church.

No, the early church most definitely did NOT teach universalism!

But, the devil would like to spread this rumor around in order to get Christians to depart from the faith and follow doctrines of demons.

That's what the devil does and in these end times lots of folks are departing from the faith which will turn out badly for them since there is no such thing as eternal security according to scripture.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But, the devil would like to spread this rumor around in order to get Christians to depart from the faith and follow doctrines of demons.

That's what the devil does and in these end times lots of folks are departing from the faith which will turn out badly for them since there is no such thing as eternal security according to scripture.
Well, you are a virtual fountain of good news. - LOL

/

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's warnings... ARE good news to those that seek Truth. 2thumbs-up.gif
Very positive and beneficial to the upright.

His warnings are designed to let us know what NOT to do so we don't get trapped by the devil's deceptions and end up spending eternity in hell.

So God's warnings and His wisdom are great news actually as it helps us remain on the narrow path that leads to life rather than getting on the wide path that leads to destruction.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm really really glad YOU are back !
No straddling the fence nor minicing of your words.
I like strait plain talk !

WAY TO ROLL !

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God's warnings and His wisdom are great news actually as it helps us remain on the narrow path that leads to life rather than getting on the wide path that leads to destruction.
The narrow path? Do you mean the one that few find?
Which means God is making sport of our eternal destiny?
Solve the puzzle and you are in. Otherwise you are toast.

Is that the great news you proclaim?

/

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means God is making sport of our eternal destiny?

Apparently for you... since this is what you think is going on.

Everyone has equal opportunity to lean and know how to get on the narrow path that leads to life and to remain on that path.

Obviously the devil has tricked you in to believing things about the Lord that are not true... but, for those that reject the truth they will only experience growing blindness and they are the reason they are experiencing that!

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concept "afterlife" is of pagan origin; it does not come from the Scriptures.

The realm of the dead is obviously the symbolic place where all dead people are: a state of not life ...

The term for "afterlife" in the Bible is RESURRECTION: giving life back to who was dead.
Rev 20 'they will be tormented day and night FOREVER and EVER'!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was nowhere during the three days he was dead.

The Scriptures say

1) his body was in the tomb (Acts 13:35-37)
2) his soul was in Hades (Acts 2:24,27)
3) his spirit was in the hands of God (Luke 23:46)

...and yet there was no living Jesus anywhere since "dead" is the opposite of "alive," and Jesus himself says that he was dead:

Rev. 1:17, 18
And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am (...) the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of [Hades]".
"Death" NEVER means a person ceases to exist in the Christian Bible!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow.
Awesome video, thanks.
Did you watch the whole thing?
Any thoughts?

/
Yes, I watched the whole thing. Thoughts on Satans Guide To The Bible video, it was alright, some of the shared videos from others and how they may say, or define things is quite amazing, and at the same time, it seems that everything is subjective and up for debate. However, when it comes to the last days, and the end of times was for the generation of that time period, and that is something that for the past 5 years, I have come to continue to have faith, that the Lord Jesus Christ, did as he promised to do, and raptured his bride, and moved in the new administration which is heavenly. Also, explained in the video is Satans, design, with horns and red tail, and pitchfork, and that is not really accurate to begin with when looking at the Old Testament, and what is described there. Over all it was a fine and informative video, and at the end of the day one must decide for themselves, what they will believe concerning God, End Times, Jesus, Satan, while being able to view the evidence provided taken in faith it is even true, and overcoming over all things, sin, death, hades done away with, satan and his minions are done away with. And it seems that light and darkness continue to reside though, even with the reconciliation of the world because of God in Christ. People must make a choice every single day to either choose to worship and given honor and praise to the Father, asking in Jesus name, praying for all the people you know and your enemies, and helping the orphan and widows, is done by christ in you, and may all those who follow after him, give praise to the Father, and have fellowship with the Father, and the Son. By the Spirit of Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God. Or not to give any recognition or thankfulness.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I watched the whole thing. Thoughts on Satans Guide To The Bible video, it was alright, some of the shared videos from others and how they may say, or define things is quite amazing, and at the same time, it seems that everything is subjective and up for debate.
Do you think it is fair to say that seminarians know about the things presented in the video, but will never share them with their congregations?

Like the creation account and the flood account are only legends. There was no exodus from Egypt, the Israelites were actually Canaanites, there was no "entering" the Promised Land, only genocide to remove the OTHER Canaanites, that Daniel was a pretend prophet, etc. ???

I know that the denominations force Pastors to sign an agreement with their established doctrines, from which they are forbidden to "stray".
And then there's the 1978 Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy. ??? The evangelicals can't even agree on the definition of inerrancy. - LOL

/ @Chadrho

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG
Okay, now watch this video, if you would please.
How do we balance the testimony of a real encounter with Jesus and the problems
concerning the Bible and church outlined in the previous video? (see post #235)
Which I outlined in post #238

What this tells me, and what I believe, is there isn't a problem with Jesus, the Holy Spirit and Father God,
the problem is with what the church has done with them.

/ cc: @Hillsage @Chadrho @BarneyFife @Lizbeth @Aunty Jane @Lambano @quietthinker @Episkopos @Pathfinder7 @TonyChanYT

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG
Okay, now watch this video, if you would please.
How do we balance the testimony of a real encounter with Jesus and the problems
concerning the Bible and church outlined in the previous video? (see post #235)
Which I outlined in post #238

What this tells me, and what I believe, is there isn't a problem with Jesus, the Holy Spirit and Father God,
the problem is with what the church has done with them.

/ cc: @Hillsage @Chadrho @BarneyFife @Lizbeth @Aunty Jane @Lambano @quietthinker @Episkopos @Pathfinder7 @TonyChanYT
That was a powerful testimony. Not one Fundamentalist theologian can ever take away his supernatural experience.

• Love