Are you sending your neighbors to Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is no consensus on what the Bible means.

On a large scale, the devil has seen to that.

The problem is easy to identify, as is the cause -> savage wolves [false teachers].

What is the solution? It isn’t what you’ve proposed, which stems from your belief that no one really knows what true doctrine is so let’s not let doctrine divide.

Doctrine unites and doctrine divides. “Let’s not insist on sound doctrine” is far removed from the thought of Jesus and Paul - which I demonstrated on WHT, and you mocked.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are sensitive to God's leading we will know when to
Well yes, the closer we get to God, the more we know Him, the more we follow His lead. But when we receive God's thoughts and He inspires us to do something and we don't readily respond, what happens? Our thoughts and reasoning kick in and begin to analyze the situation and we mess up. We don't go with the first order given by Him, we alter the course. Sometimes it's difficult to differentiate God's thoughts with our own. So we pray more, examine the Word, try to make sense about what to do. Sometimes we just can't figure it out, we get confused.
But with this particular neighbor of mine, I did and got: "Dust the dirt off your sandals and move on".
The evil present in some seems to be by-passed by God. As in Romans 1, for some, God lets them go to their own demise. He let's them have what they want. This I do know, that if someone is on God's list to be saved, they will be saved regardless of our failures. We just don't know that we failed at all either. We could have said something significant that struck that person's heart, unknowingly and it stuck with them - and later, someone else picks up the baton and does more of God's work in that person's life. It's not all on our shoulders. He uses many people in a person's life to witness and minister to them and they maybe on their death bed when He finally opens their eyes and they repent.
So don't beat yourself up. I know I do not have the gift of evangelism, but we all contribute something to many people in our lives. "God causes all things to work together for good, for those who love God, for those who are called to His purpose."

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love that story. Especially the statement... (from memory)
"Our God is able to save us, but even if he doesn't, we will not not bow..."
Even so... Are we able ever or always to act in the same way before and for our God?
I wonder about some of these characters in the Bible that, though doing evil deeds, helped fulfill the plans of God.
The plans of God...? Indeed, what is His whole plan? Some of those left hand actions may be difficult and seemingly impossible for us to understand. Are we ever some of these characters?
These soldiers (although they were following orders) King Nebuchadnezzar, the Pharoah of Egypt, Judas... (and others)
These things are some of the reasons we simply cannot fully understand God.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The God of the religious leaders in Jesus day. Yahweh. = teaching of the Bible
Who Jesus said the father of the religious leaders was. The devil. = teaching of the Bible

]

@Matthias won't talk about what Jesus said to the Jews-- 'Your father is the devil" and he won't acknowledge what scripture says about the God of their father.

Read Stephen's testimony in Acts 7. All of it.

And note this--- It's Moses that Stephen is talking about-- his leadership, and it's God who says>>>

‘It was not to me that you offered slain animals and sacrifices forty years in the wilderness, was it, house of Israel? But you took along the tabernacle of Moloch and the star of the god Rephan, the images you made to worship, but I will deport you beyond Babylon.’

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
This sounds like a doctrine of Works to me .

much more is done on our knees , than blabbing what ‘we‘ believe someone should , or should not do.

Christianity is a believing , not a doing .
Much more is done for the kingdom by praying rather than saying .
we can’t nag someone else into heaven anyway …”No man comes unto the Father unless the Father draws him…”
Prayer through the Holy Spirit is a power house .
Our words , unless divinely anointed , are nothing but hot air.
Jews killing people, pray on their knees, it is nothing as evidenced in the gospel:

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

What is the humble way to thank God ?

To receive the kingdom of heaven as a little child...

Luke 18:15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

We saw the rich exalted Pharisee sent away and the poor ( in spirit) man was accepted more.

The brother of low degree is exalted, the rich is sent empty away.

James 1:9 Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

To be a doer and not deceive our own selves.

To look into the perfection of liberty ( what we are made free FOR) and CONTINUE THEREIN, a doer of the work, to be BLESSED IN OUR DEED...

James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Jesus calls His meek lambs, they do hear His voice, remember why that is people, it is because He cares for them and the good Shepherd gave HIs life for the sheep.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.