Arguing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A number of people find your posts annoying. That's the truth.

Maybe you should accept that as fact, --- and change.
What an annoying post!! Pehaps you are one needing to change! ;-)

Is it that you are unable to turn your eyes away? So you want the annoying posts to stop appearing in front of your eyes? Do we only speak what others wish to hear?

Much love!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if God has placed on Amigo to post what he posts...one can’t stop the word of God, imo...therefore he is being obedient to what he believes God is prompting him to do.....

I’ve been there, when imo God asks us to do His will, it will be done....we can’t stop it.....Amigo used to get on my nerves with this generic posting.....that was until God brought me to a place of understanding why he does it...xx
Ditto.

Much love!

Reactions: Ritajanice

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only church that would say a muslim is just as saved that I know of is the roman catholic church.

No some of these others off the wall churches may think so to.

But again, Most churches do not believe this, where do you get your information from?
No credible church serving in the name of Christ would ever claim Muslims are saved according to the tenets of Christianity.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You do not walk alone. --but I have not yet arrived at that place. I still find it completely annoying, unnecessary and unhelpful.
I understand that completely.

He used to annoy me as well...I think I was quite verbal at one time with him....xx

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife and Mr E

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol Brighton and Hove Albion are sometimes better than Liverpool , if it s a good day and they win, on the other hand Liverpool are way higher in the premier league which tells me that you are right !!
Brighton will always be better than Liverpool in my eyes, but that opinion is somewhat Jaded !!!!!!!!!
And that's the rub Rita. We are all different, and usually with the best of intentions in presenting and sharing our truth to others.

Have a great weekend sis.

Reactions: Rita

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Do you know....God sent me on a mission imo/ belief..it really upset the other person, what I believe God was asking me to do.

Well my friend...I got over that..God taught me to be a God pleaser and not a people pleaser...it took a while, but again imo/ belief....God got me to the place of doing His will....it can’t be stopped Brother.

Gods will be done in Heaven and earth...100% I believe that...the Spirit got my will in line with the will of God...xx

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And many times when someone posts something, it's as if you hadn't read what they post.
There may be times you can learn from others. You are not always right.
Amen!!....I’ve learnt a lot from others on this forum....we are never past learning....

What is it in us that needs to be right all of the time...? Pride ego I guess.

Which God hates!!

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a lot of strategies for avoiding bad arguments. But in the times when they all fail, I feel resentment. Im not sure I've forgiven who I need to forgive. I pray for then but its not from the heart. I don't actually wish them well. I hope the Lord helps me.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know....God sent me on a mission imo/ belief..it really upset the other person, what I believe God was asking me to do.

Well my friend...I got over that..God taught me to be a God pleaser and not a people pleaser...it took a while, but again imo/ belief....God got me to the place of doing His will....it can’t be stopped Brother.

Gods will be done in Heaven and earth...100% I believe that...the Spirit got my will in line with the will of God...xx

It very much reminds me of when Frodo kept Sam from choking out Gollum and throwing him off the cliff… What was it he said?

Even Gollum may have something yet to do?"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a lot of strategies for avoiding bad arguments. But in the times when they all fail, I feel resentment. Im not sure I've forgiven who I need to forgive. I pray for then but its not from the heart. I don't actually wish them well. I hope the Lord helps me.
I believe the Lord is, and will continue to, help you.

This is another of those posts that seem to me to be the heart of the matter.

For me, the best way to avoid an argument is to stop responding. To give my POV, or share Scripture, and then walk away.

I think like this. If there is a spiritual leading to respond, I feel and think a certain way generally speaking. If I'm responding because something in my flesh has been triggered, I have a very different feeling and mindset.

Resentments, unforgiveness, these are of course fleshy. I believe the true you, the born again you, does in fact forgive others, does in fact wish them well. That is, when it's not being shoved aside by fleshy reactions.

I try my best to know myself, so that I can tell when something is coming from the Spirit, and when it is from the flesh. If Spirit, then I am to share, but if flesh, then I am to just shut up.

I routinely find myself writing then deleting, or posting then deleting, to remove the fleshy parts. At the end of the day, what I really want to do is to give a gift.

I don't have many illusions about myself. Aside from Jesus Christ, I'm a wretch, and I know it. Unforgiveness implies I think I'm better - the lesser is blessed by the greater - but I'm not any better, and most likely worse.

I don't believe we should define ourselves according to how we perceive ourselves, but we need to begin with what God says about us. He says that we have been made new, and that we are growing into maturity.

I want to give a gift in every post I make. Sometimes that takes some searching. I feel like I'm rambling, I hope I'm giving that gift!

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It very much reminds me of when Frodo kept Sam from choking out Gollum and throwing him off the cliff… What was it he said?

Even Gollum may have something yet to do?"
I have no idea....as my Son keeps telling me, what’s the storyline then mum...I have no idea, I’m just watching it for company...

Should we be watching Lord of the rings?

I did watch it....I still can’t remember what it was about...a ring with power I think,hehehe,

Short commentary.

What is the main plot of Lord of the Rings? A hobbit named Frodo inherits the One Ring, which can destroy the entire world. With the recently reawakened evil, being Sauron, going after the Ring to cement his reign, Frodo joins with eight others to destroy the Ring and defeat Sauron.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea....as my Son keeps telling me, what’s the storyline then mum...I have no idea, I’m just watching it for company...

I did watch it....I still can’t remember what it was about...a ring with power I think,hehehe,

Short commentary.

What is the main plot of Lord of the Rings? A hobbit named Frodo inherits the One Ring, which can destroy the entire world. With the recently reawakened evil, being Sauron, going after the Ring to cement his reign, Frodo joins with eight others to destroy the Ring and defeat Sauron.
I just think of all those times people have given their theology, as Christians, citing Lord of the Ring. So I find no use for it. Better to read the Bible.

Much love!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what part of other religoins is false and that one must actually repent and believe JESUS IS THE CHRIST
is so hard to understand .
what part of JESUS is not the ministir of sin is so hard to understand . HECK I KEEP IT REAL SIMPLE .
PROVE TO ME JESUS WOULD HOLD UP A RAINBOW FLAG and HONOR that sin
or any OTHER SIN . you cant .
SHOW ME where JESUS or the apostels DID NOT correct sin and error . YOU cant .
SHOW Me where GOD told cornelious , HEY GOOD JOB you saved . HE DIDNT
HE was pleased with his alms and etc , BUT , BUT WHO and WHAT DID GOD POINT CORNELIOUS TOO .
exactly . HE HAD TO HEAR THE GOSPEL and BELIEVE IN JESUS TO Be saved .
SHOW ME WHERE GOD WOULD APPROVE of satans ABRHAM Peace accords
WHICH LIES and says the muslims and others serve the same GOD WE DO . I WILL SHOW YOU ITS NOT TRUE BY SCRIPTURE
Lots of words do fly , But its TIME TO SEE if what we believe , say and do , AGREES WITH THE BIBLE .
and believe me I KEEP IT REAL SIMPLE . SO go ahead
show me where its loving to allow SIN upon them . TO NOT CORRECT , to NOT REBUKE thy neighbor .

AND I WILL SHOW YOU BY THE SCRIPTURE ITESELF where this is HATE TO DO SO , Not love .
BIBLE TIME SISTER . get a fat face full and never put it down .
I always read my Bible.
All you do iis rebuke others. Its the darndest thing.
I didn't say squat about Abraham peace accords. What difference does it make here?

Ok, so Cornelius heard the gospel. God didn't foo foo him. what does that have to do with you pulling up the field mice and knocking them on the head? Ya bring up rainbows,why? Had nothing to do with the post of mine you allegedly read and replied to.
You are always yelling at folk to read their bibles. I'll bet everyone here does already. I find your posts full of pride . Look, Amigo does what Jesus and the apostles do.
Have you ever started a thread to actually discuss something? something that could start a back and forth discussion? I'd bet not.
Rebuking is all you do.
How would you tell someone about Jesus? Start a thread on how to preach the gospel--you can show us how its done.

What you do is create a strawman. When you get behind the 8 ball on something, you throw in something completely different to complain or ask about, trying to take the debate in a different direction. Why? Why don't you finish anything?

What is the gospel?

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Short commentary.

I long to bear the fruits of Your Spirit not just for my own benefit but to be a shining light in this world, reflecting Your love and grace. In Jesus' name, I offer up this prayer, knowing that You hear and answer the cries of Your children. Amen.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Short commentary.

You people need to get out more. :tearsofjoy:

• Haha

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Arguing occurs when people are not prepared to learn from each other, but only hold onto their POV without learning anything from the conversation.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This actually reminded me of something that happend long long ago .
Long ago JESUS walked . He had certain desciples around him .
HE said something that offended the people .
The desciples then came to him and said LORD dont you know this offended them .
He didnt then say oh i better change my message and words .
HE said this . Leave them Be they are the blind leaders of the blind
and every plant that my Father has not planted shall be rooted up . ROOTED UP , aka DESTROYED .
My desire is good my loyalty is to GOD and not men . I do as i am led to do .
If a man desires not to read what i say , then dont . But why do it bother you so ...........that be the question .
Anyway i never said its a requirment or one is FORCED to have to read it . But do understand
i wont be changing . I will simply do as i am LED to do . Be encouraged .