Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Through this forum and other sites on the internet, I have come to know that there are many ex-Christians who are dedicated to destroying the faith of believers through false "updated" knowledge on biblical topics.

They are making believers believe that they do not have to believe in biblical veracity, but that it is just a picture book with subliminal teachings, in the style of fables with morals.

So they are made to believe that Adam and Eve were not real people, that the people of Israel were never in Egypt, that the Israelite nation did not come from a man named Abraham who was called by Jehovah to leave his hometown, that Moses did not write the Pentateuch neither brought the Israelites out of Egypt nor did they wander for 40 years in the desert, that angels are not spirits, that Isaiah and Daniel did not completely write their books...and dozens of other lies spread by false Christians who have left deceived by unbelievers and now those believers who have lost their faith in the Bible want to transmit these falsehoods to others so that they follow in their footsteps.

So you can already see how dangerous it is to believe anyone who claims to be a teacher of faith.

Are you afraid I am a BOT ???

See my testimony here...

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We got 22 posts to a thread without a subject yet!

Oh this is hilarious lol. How would that work? Do you plan on a thread subkect of your choosing or one that crops up from someone asking a question?

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We got 22 posts to a thread without a subject yet!

Oh this is hilarious lol. How would that work? Do you plan on a thread subkect of your choosing or one that crops up from someone asking a question?

In my second post #4 I indicated how I would proceed.

Reactions: MA2444

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Are you afraid to present your biblical themes in open public?

If you check out my participation on CF you will see I am unafraid to present biblical themes in open public.

Some folks however are interested in a Bible study rather than what is often like a circus on open forum.

But let the readers decide what they want.

Some will welcome a safe space in which they can explore ideas.

Reactions: Azim

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you check out my participation on CF you will see I am unafraid to present biblical themes in open public.

Some folks however are interested in a Bible study rather than what is often like a circus on open forum.

But let the readers decide what they want.
I won't check on your threads, sorry.

I am a teacher of the good news of the kingdom of God myself.

Since I already gave my opinion about this, this is my last post in this thread.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If there is enough interest I would do a 45 minute session on video conference with home work in between.

Those interested PM me and we can set up a group chat.

I will not have all the answers but I may be able to help with questions that arise.

Just an idea but we do have means to limit who can access a thread - so if you did want to do a serious study, only those who show a genuine interest could have that access - would that be okay @Angelina.
I think that can be done @Rita - I myself am only keen if it's here @CyB. as I am also stretched for time and prefer to stay in this forum doing any type of study

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think that can be done @Rita - I myself am only keen if it's here @CyB. as I am also stretched for time and prefer to stay in this forum doing any type of study

So a thread for committed participants rather than a PM ?

Should I do a Youtube presentation for discussion and post the Link here ?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So a thread for committed participants rather than a PM ?

Should I do a Youtube presentation for discussion and post the Link here ?
That should be fine. You could either do a PM for all the interested members and post a youtube presentation there. This also enables you to invite more members or alternatively you could use the study forum section....

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That should be fine. You could either do a PM for all the interested members and post a youtube presentation there. This also enables you to invite more members or alternatively you could use the study forum section....

Study forum section ? where do I find that ?

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your in it "Bible Study" Forum.

Cool let's just stay here and folks can join if they are interested.

I note one member who wanted to promote JW theology has already left.

Can block members who want to promote some narrow theology, cause concern, and refuse to leave ?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Cool let's just stay here and folks can join if they are interested.

I note one member who wanted to promote JW theology has already left.

Can block members who want to promote some narrow theology, cause concern, and refuse to leave ?
No because you do have have those tools but you can let any of the mods know and they will check to see if the study is going off topic or is being hijacked in any way and they will remove the member from the study itself....

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those committed to learn would be able to dialogue together without interference from protagonists.

Open forums are like a jungle of ideas and agenda's - but hey, what do you folks think about that ???
I join a zoom meeting....which incidentally I have been frequenting for some time. It allows folk to ask questions and put their points across. It is respectful and informative. There is no controlling or manipulation
Here is the log in information if you or anyone here care to have a look or to contribute. It runs for an hour and a half.

Monday 6.30pm Mountain Standard Time for North Americans
No password required. The host will let you in.

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No because you do have have those tools but you can let any of the mods know and they will check to see if the study is going off topic or is being hijacked in any way and they will remove the member from the study itself....

OK that sounds doable... Thanks.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I join a zoom meeting....which incidentally I have been frequenting for some time. It allows folk to ask questions and put their points across. It is respectful and informative.
Here is the log in information if you care to have a look or to contribute. It runs for an hour and a half.

Monday 6.30pm Mountain Standard Time for North Americans
No password required. The host will let you in.

Yes, that was the format I initially preferred, but we can try what has been suggested and see how it goes. Some folks are intimidated by even the word Zoom but can handle the less confronting media that is text based.

Reactions: Angelina

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, that was the format I initially preferred, but we can try what has been suggested and see how it goes. Some folks are intimidated by even the word Zoom but can handle the less confronting media that is text based.
Re intimidation on zoom, one can mute oneself or disable their video function while listening in to the discussion