Do the Law Preachers Here Get Circumcised as the Law Commands?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that an accusation Jesus makes or is it Satan's?
It's a fact. We have thousands of churches that call themselves Christian, that believe DRASTICALLY differently. Is God confused?

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have advised men to become circumcised for the purposes for which God commanded it and not for the purposes for which God has not commanded it.
Then you will be held accountable!

Galatians 5:3-4
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
I have no problem with Paul, just with your misunderstanding of him.
I strongly suggest that you stick to the New Covenant provided by the Blood of Jesus.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you will be held accountable!

3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

I strongly suggest that you stick to the New Covenant provided by the Blood of Jesus.
You are again ignoring the issue that Paul was not speaking against obeying God, but was only speaking against becoming circumcised for incorrect reasons. I have never suggest that we need to obey either the Torah or works of the law in order to become justified, so you are blatantly misapplying that verse, but you don't care, your goal is to use the Bible as a weapon regardless of that it means in context. All throughout the Bible, God wanted His people to repent and to return to obedience to the Torah, and even Christ began his ministry with that Gospel message, so it would be absurd to interpret Galatians 5:3-4 as Paul warning us against doing that and saying that we will be cut off from Christ if we believe his Gospel message, but you don't care. There are many verses where God is gracious to us by teaching us to obey the Torah (Psalms 119:29-30, Exodus 33:13, Genesis 6:8-9, Romans 1:5, Titus 2:14), so it would again be absurd to interpret those verses and people wanting God to be gracious to them by teaching them how to fall from grace, but you don't care that your interpretation of the Bible is absurd, you just want to use it as a weapon against following the New Covenant provided by Blood of Jesus. In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our mind and writing it on our hearts, and in Titus 2:14, becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Torah is the way to believe in what Jesus accomplished through the cross.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are again ignoring the issue that Paul was not speaking against obeying God, but was only speaking against becoming circumcised for incorrect reasons. I have never suggest that we need to obey either the Torah or works of the law in order to become justified, so you are blatantly misapplying that verse, but you don't care, your goal is to use the Bible as a weapon regardless of that it means in context. All throughout the Bible, God wanted His people to repent and to return to obedience to the Torah, and even Christ began his ministry with that Gospel message, so it would be absurd to interpret Galatians 5:3-4 as Paul warning us against doing that and saying that we will be cut off from Christ if we believe his Gospel message, but you don't care. There are many verses where God is gracious to us by teaching us to obey the Torah (Psalms 119:29-30, Exodus 33:13, Genesis 6:8-9, Romans 1:5, Titus 2:14), so it would again be absurd to interpret those verses and people wanting God to be gracious to them by teaching them how to fall from grace, but you don't care that your interpretation of the Bible is absurd, you just want to use it as a weapon against following the New Covenant provided by Blood of Jesus. In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our mind and writing it on our hearts, and in Titus 2:14, becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Torah is the way to believe in what Jesus accomplished through the cross.

Last edited:

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for confirming what I said.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who tell men to get circumcised are fallen from grace and severed from Jesus? Hmm.
That is of course not what Galatians 5:3-4 says. There is a huge difference between me saying that a man who wants to eat of the Passover lamb should become circumcised in obedience to what God has commanded in Genesis 12:48 and the position that men are required to become circumcised in order to become justified, which I have never supported, but you refuse to acknowledge this because you are opposed truth.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is of course not what Galatians 5:3-4 says. There is a huge difference between me saying that a man who wants to eat of the Passover lamb should become circumcised in obedience to what God has commanded in Genesis 12:48 and the position that men are required to become circumcised in order to become justified, which I have never supported, but you refuse to acknowledge this because you are opposed truth.
If you want to risk being severed from Jesus then by all means tell men to get circumcised! Christians are not under the Law!! Never have been.

Last edited:

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to risk being severed from Jesus then by all means tell men to get circumcised! Christians are not under the Law!! Never have been.
Galatians 5:3-4 says that the the position that we need to obey works of the law in order to become justified is the way to be served from Christ, which is not a position that I have ever supported, but you don't care about truth. If you can twist a verse to make it appear to be speaking against my position, then you won't hesitate to do so.

In Matthew 4:15-23, Christ began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from our disobedience to it is a central part of the Gospel of the Kingdom. Moreover, Jesus set a sinless example for us to follow of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law and as his followers we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22) and that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6). So Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example and Christians are people who seek by faith to follow what Jesus taught, not people who seek to twist the Bible against following Christ.

If Christians were not under the Mosaic Law, then Christians would be free to do what it reveals to be sin, but Christians clearly do not have that freedom. Likewise, if Christians were not under the Mosaic Law, then Christians would have no need to repent from sin, no need of salvation from sin, no need of the Gospel message, no need of grace, and no need of Jesus to have given himself to redeem us from all lawlessness.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most male newborns are circumcised in hospital. Unless the parent refuses, this is standard practice in America.

I agree the thread makes no sense.
Roughly 80% of the men is use were circumcised as newborns in a hospital, so does @Jack want to argue that Paul was arguing against circumcision for any reason that that Christ is therefore of no value to roughly 80% of the men in the US?

Reactions: Duck Muscles

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roughly 80% of the men is use were circumcised as newborns in a hospital, so does @Jack want to argue that Paul was arguing against circumcision for any reason that that Christ is therefore of no value to roughly 80% of the men in the US?
Why would you advise someone to be circumcised?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the Law Preachers Here Get Circumcised as the Law Commands?

Probably since they claim we are required to live under the law to be saved.

I always ask them what kind of animals are they sacrificing when they sin.

Only traditional Jewish males are required to be circumcised. Christians are not.

Some among us believe we are required to keep the laws of the old testament to be saved.

What Jesus did was not quite good enough so we have to earn favor with God by keeping the law too.

Reactions: Jack

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably since they claim we are required to live under the law to be saved.
Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so while we do not earn our salvation as the result of having first obey it, living in obedience to it through faith in Jesus is intrinsically the content of the gift of him saving us from not living in obedience to it.

I always ask them what kind of animals are they sacrificing when they sin.
The Israelites were given a number of laws that had the condition "when you enter the land..." while they were still in the wilderness for 40 years, so there is nothing wrong with not following laws that can't currently be followed. Likewise, when the Israelites were exiled in Babylon, the condition for their return to the land was to first return to obedience to God's law, which contains instructions in regard to temple practice that they couldn't follow because the temple had just been destroyed, so God honored their obedience to the laws that they could obey.

Some among us believe we are required to keep the laws of the old testament to be saved.
For example, honoring our parents through faith in Jesus is intrinsically the content of his gift of saving us from not honoring our parents, so it is required in order to have that experience.

What Jesus did was not quite good enough so we have to earn favor with God by keeping the law too.
Our salvation from sin would be incomplete if we were only saved from the penalty of our sin while we continued to live in sin, so there must be an aspect of our salvation from sin that we are experiencing in the present by obeying God's law through faith in Jesus. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so it is not the case that we are required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result and it is not the case that we are required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather those works are intrinsically required because having the experience of doing them it the content of God's gift of saving us from not having that experience. Furthermore, in Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the way to believe in what he accomplished through the cross (Acts 21:20), which has nothing to do with saying that what Jesus did was not quite enough or with trying to earn favor with God. Having the experience of living in obedience to God's law has nothing to do with try to earn our salvation as a gift from God, but rather it is the way that He is giving the gift of salvation to us.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Seems like the judaizers are still at it.
I notably did not claim that we are justified as the result of obeying either the Law of God or works of the law, but rather I completely agree with Paul's stance against the Judaizers. All throughout the Bible, God wanted His people to repent and to return to obedience to His law and even Christ began his ministry with that Gospel message, so it would be absurd to interpret Galatians 5:4 as Paul warning us against doing that and saying that if we believe Christ's Gospel, then we will be cut off from Christ. Likewise, God is gracious to us by teaching us to obey His law (Psalms 119:29-30, Exodus 33:13, Genesis 6:8-9, Romans 1:5, Titus 2:11-13) and it would be absurd to interpret those verses and them wanting God to be gracious to them by teaching them how to fall from grace. Paul's problem with the Judaizers was not that they were teaching Gentles how to follow Christ, but that they were wanting to require Gentiles to obey works of the law in order to become justified.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's message is perfectly clear. It's written to Christians. If someone gets circumcised to obey the Law he is "fallen from grace and SEVERED from Christ, heading for Hell fire. I don't need a Law preacher to TWIST the meaning for me.

Galatians 3:10
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse;

And that ain't good! Stick with the New Covenant! Circumcision of the flesh is not in the New Covenant.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone explain why a 'Christian' would preach circumcision of the flesh?

Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Last edited:

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notably did not claim that we are justified as the result of obeying either the Law of God or works of the law

And you are still telling others they are supposed to keep the law which is a false gospel.

Paul's problem with the Judaizers was not that they were teaching Gentles how to follow Christ

The judaizers were trying to get Christians to not follow Jesus but instead go back to the law as we see in the Book of Galatians which is why Paul told the Galatians they had fallen from grace and had been bewitched

Reactions: Jack