Do We Receive Salvation At Once, When We Said The Sinners Prayer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do We Receive Salvation At Once, When We Said The Sinners Prayer?

• 2) No, But Very Soon Thereafter We Do.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did you receive your salvation? When you first came to the Lord or at some point later?

They way people talk, even teachers and Pastors, it is at the moment that you prayed and asked forgiveness and made the Lord, Lord of your life.

Here's my theory which is not dogmatic, just a theory. So I encourage you to vote in the poll and then explain your theory (or knowing).

Ok here we go. So a man is in church through invite and he is as yet unsaved and does not know the Lord. But the Holy Spirit is on the Job and is with the Pastor and gives him the words that touch the man's heart and ring true to him. Then the Holy Spirit touches the man also on the shoulder perhaps and says go down front...so the man makes the Altar Call, kneels, prays is refreshed and feels peace in his spirit. He goes home happy. (But has he received Salvation yet? Did the Lord write his name in the book of life yet?

But when the man gets home from church his live in girlfriend is there and so the man says wow babe, Got saved at church today! The GF says, that's cool, I got some cocaine while you were gone, wanna have some fun? So he does because that's what they did yesterday and he knows that he cant go all hardcore Jesus freak on her about it because that would create strife, and she already wants him to put that church stuff behind him and get back to the pleasures of life. The marriage thing is already in her mind and she knows that because they're not married that she would lose her happy home if the man gets serious about the Lord! Women are quick like that. So the man has a lot to think about and doesnt want to start an argument, so...I'll be with her now and study the bible some later. So he does.

But is he really saved already? I dont think so. Scripture says to seek the Lord and to study and show thyself approved and to pray unceasingly. Scripture also says that Obediance is rewarded both here on earth and in the world to come. It says, And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2)

So doesnt the man have to do these things to receive salvation? We get transformed by the renewing of our mind. How do we do that? Has he been seeking the Lord yet? Going to church from an invite is a social thing, he wasnt seeking the Lord. The man accepted the truth he heard and Holy Spirit's invite, but he wasnt seeking the Lord. Even so, the man was moved to receive Jesus as Lord of his life. He went through the motions but has done nothing to seek the Lord, and then went back home and fell right back into the world. Scripture talks about robbers sneaking in not through the gate but by some other way. If this man continues to call himself a christian after that because of what happened...is he really? If the man continues to live for his flesh in the world is he one of the robbers that scripture speaks of? Of the ones that will say, but Lord didnt we prophecy in thy name and Jesus will say, I never knew you. Did you read my book to you? Did you ever visit me? Have we met before? Cont...,
Blind guides say its instant. Ear ticklers like Joel Osteen.
Bible fact--One must take in knowledge( every utterance from God) apply that knowledge and obey, Repent and turn around= stop doing the sin)( Acts 3:19) to get sin blotted out. Blind guides teach Jesus death covered all sin. Heb 10:26 assures-there is no sacrifice left for any who practice or willfully sin once they know its sin. There is no excuse not to know what God disapproves of. All who actually love and follow Jesus listen to him and obey him= Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT, study never stops. The ones taking the lead( teachers) in his one real religion, do exactly that without fail--they teach every utterance from God to the flock. All can look at their teachers and know if they are being taught the whole bible, if not-RUN FROM THEM--they are these-2Cor 11:12-15)

Reactions: MA2444