Does Jesus still pray to God? Will he forevermore pray to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Word. Jesus Christ is in God and God is in Christ.

That’s right.

Difflugia

Mar 4, 2024
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s right.

The word is not in you and you are not in the word.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Prayer is communication with God. … Since His ascension back into heaven, Jesus still prays for us.”

I’m not able to agree with this author’s theology but I’m able to agree with his point.

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
If by "prayer" we understand the use of certain human words, and choosing a special time and place, and making specific gestures like closing eyes or kneeling or raising the hands, then I don't think that Jesus prays at all.
I guess his spirit is in perfect communion with God so no words, place, time or gestures are needed.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does Jesus still pray to God? Will he forevermore pray to God?​

If by "prayer" we understand the use of certain human words, and choosing a special time and place, and making specific gestures like closing eyes or kneeling or raising the hands, then I don't think that Jesus prays at all.
I guess his spirit is in perfect communion with God so no words, place, time or gestures are needed.

Interesting point of view. I might take the opposite tack (or maybe it's the same as part 2): If prayer is just "talking with God", then I think Jesus talks to His Father over coffee, lunch, or even a beer.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Jesus prefers wine over beer. But they didn't have beer in 33 A.D. Judea.

Reactions: Pancho Frijoles