• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Reader,

As ive taught many times in many Threads here on this Forum........ If you strive to be good, then this is going to awaken your "old man of sin" and you will find it even more impossible to be any good at all.

Reader, the natural mind.....or the way that "seems logical" and "seems right"... is nearly always the opposite of How God works in your life.

Let me give you an example....

Jesus said..>"The LAST shall be first"., whereas the natural-carnal mind says..>"the fastest wins" "The Strongest will prevail".

A carnal person says.... ""if you want to win... then fight harder, strive longer, get a bigger gun, attack them when they are not ready, and shoot all those rockets when its 3am and DARK ".

God says.. "you win the battle on your knees, In Prayer"""... God says.. "humble yourself before ME, and I"LL be your Victory, always". ..
= God says.... "ill fight your fights for you".. because = ""The Battle is the LORDS".

See that, Reader?
No?
Then read it all again..

Reader, God's ways are not how we naturally think about those things or almost everything....

God's ways are HIGHER Than our little minds THINK, so we have to get out of our mind and get the RENEWED MInd (As Paul teaches) that is God's perspective.

So, if you want to have a perfected discipleship, then to not have it, is as simple as striving to be perfect and trying to resist your carnal desires by willpower.
As when you do that, you are setting God on the Shelf and He will watch you fall and fail and stumble as your self righteousness and self effort, keeps you falling down.
He'll let you learn the hard way, if you want it that way.. If you have to have it YOUR Way.
Thats a fact.
Believe it.

See, when YOU WORK to try to BE GOOD, then God rests and you fail.

This is why Paul told you..>"its is not I who live but Christ who lives in Me"... and """i can do all things through Christ, who STRENGTHENS" = ME""..... and YOU .

See that?

So look again, Reader.

Jesus said... "Apart from ME... you can do NOTHING".. and Christ The Lord is not talking about losing Salvation.

See that "Nothing" ??????? That is what you accomplish when you STRIVE to be good and STRIVE Against your wrong Desires to try to live HOLY.
You literally turn off God's Power as Christ in you, and you Fail and Fail and can't understand why.
Its because.. ."APART from ME, you can do NOTHING".. Jesus told you.

Do you see it now?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader..

Its called : RESTING in God's GRACE

Find your power to overcome : by RESTING in God's Grace.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How do you rest in God's Grace?

By getting your faith right.

This.

= By learning to BELIEVE that you are always "made righteous", AS "the righteousness of God in Christ".
This is every born again believer.
That is the "New Creation, in Christ".
And you have to get that MIND and keep it, and that is to "REST in God's Grace".

See, when you come to believe that, and that becomes your real faith, then you have now the same perspective of who you are 'in Christ" that God has regarding ALL the born again.
You now both have the same MIND.
And that is what Paul teaches as "let us come into the same mind" The correct "mind of Faith".
Its God's Perspective.
Its "the mind of Christ".
Its the "renewed mind".

That is how you "work out your Salvation".

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

2 Chronicles 20:15-1

He said: “Listen, ~~~~~ This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. ~~~~~You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, ~~~~Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

I have found that this is a very useful verse to help us through tough times.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

2 Chronicles 20:15-1

He said: “Listen, ~~~~~ This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. ~~~~~You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, ~~~~Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

I have found that this is a very useful verse to help us through tough times.
I’ve just posted this scripture on another thread ,as it imo was meant for that thread and I believe the Lord led me to post it on the other thread.

Reactions: Pearl

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Reader,

As ive taught many times in many Threads here on this Forum........ If you strive to be good, then this is going to awaken your "old man of sin" and you will find it even more impossible to be any good at all.

Reader, the natural mind.....or the way that "seems logical" and "seems right"... is nearly always the opposite of How God works in your life.

Let me give you an example....

Jesus said..>"The LAST shall be first"., whereas the natural-carnal mind says..>"the fastest wins" "The Strongest will prevail".

A carnal person says.... ""if you want to win... then fight harder, strive longer, get a bigger gun, attack them when they are not ready, and shoot all those rockets when its 3am and DARK ".

God says.. "you win the battle on your knees, In Prayer"""... God says.. "humble yourself before ME, and I"LL be your Victory, always". ..
= God says.... "ill fight your fights for you".. because = ""The Battle is the LORDS".

See that, Reader?
No?
Then read it all again..

Reader, God's ways are not how we naturally think about those things or almost everything....

God's ways are HIGHER Than our little minds THINK, so we have to get out of our mind and get the RENEWED MInd (As Paul teaches) that is God's perspective.

So, if you want to have a perfected discipleship, then to not have it, is as simple as striving to be perfect and trying to resist your carnal desires by willpower.
As when you do that, you are setting God on the Shelf and He will watch you fall and fail and stumble as your self righteousness and self effort, keeps you falling down.
He'll let you learn the hard way, if you want it that way.. If you have to have it YOUR Way.
Thats a fact.
Believe it.

See, when YOU WORK to try to BE GOOD, then God rests and you fail.

This is why Paul told you..>"its is not I who live but Christ who lives in Me"... and """i can do all things through Christ, who STRENGTHENS" = ME""..... and YOU .

See that?

So look again, Reader.

Jesus said... "Apart from ME... you can do NOTHING".. and Christ The Lord is not talking about losing Salvation.

See that "Nothing" ??????? That is what you accomplish when you STRIVE to be good and STRIVE Against your wrong Desires to try to live HOLY.
You literally turn off God's Power as Christ in you, and you Fail and Fail and can't understand why.
Its because.. ."APART from ME, you can do NOTHING".. Jesus told you.

Do you see it now?
Still waiting for your evidence that teh five points of Calvinism are demonic. Until you present your case it makes all your other points tainted.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again can never ruin their relationship ( spiritual) with their Father, not in a million years.

They were chosen specifically for his purpose and his plan, Jesus can NEVER lose anyone that the Father gives to him,impossible, they may stray, but, will always come back into the fold,..a Born Again has nowhere to go, they don’t belong to this world anymore .....their faith can NEVER be destroyed, because it was planted into their hearts by the Living word of God, where it will grow and flourish and become just like his Beautiful Living Son.

Our faith was God given and can NEVER be destroyed.

I pray that the Spirit Of Jesus that resides in my heart, takes my spirit over more and more each day....I pray my spirit becomes consumed by the Living word of God

My words are death, the Spirit Of Jesus words are Life beyond your wildest dreams.

Luke 4:18​

King James Version​

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

1 Peter 1​

King James Version​

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesusfollower

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a fascinating message isn't it? Regarding those who will claim to teach scripture.

Sometimes,of course not always,yet sometimes,those who propound "FALSE TEACHER" charges against certain denominations they target are themselves false teachers.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is a fascinating message isn't it? Regarding those who will claim to teach scripture.

Sometimes,of course not always,yet sometimes,those who propound "FALSE TEACHER" charges against certain denominations they target are themselves false teachers.
That is the problem with some , look what @quietthinker posted, I can’t take credit for someone else’s words, how true is what he says imo.

We have many preachers on this forum Jesusfollower.....self appointed ones might I add. It is near impossible to have a real conversation with a preacher, mainly because they set themselves up as knowing with the assumption that the reader/ listener is unknowing.
I hope real conversations are possible with you?

I say, some only hear the sound of their own voice and their own teachings, they are intrenched in it.

Including me at one time.

The only teacher that can teach me, is that of the Holy Spirit, he has shown me, you listen to no other than I,...from the Living word of God delivered straight to my heart/ spirit.

My opinion, testimony and belief.xx

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How can “ WE” strive to be good when we’re in the Spirit?
God works in our heart/ spirit because we are his spiritual children....how do you think we become more like Jesus, through the heart/ spirit.....or through the intellect?

Where does God put that new heart / Spirit within us?

The heart or the intellect?

Pretty self explanatory if you ask me?

Ezekiel 36:26
Audio Crossref Comm Hebrew
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

New Living Translation
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

English Standard Version
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Berean Standard Bible
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

God Works In All Things
27And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 28And we know that God works all things together for the good of those wholove Him, who are called according to His purpose. 29For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers.

He can only do this below if we are Born Again by the Living Spirit.

He works in our spirit which is then relayed to our minds.

Psalm 51:10 ESV / 68 helpful votes​

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Philippians 2:13in Other Translations 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. 13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him

Tell me, how can he do any of this without the indwelling Spirit in our spirit?

Being Born Again of imperishable seed that LIVETH....liveth where?

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Separation from God is not the same as being distanced from God. The first - separation - is common to all human kind without the cleansing blood of Jesus through whom we can be reconciled to God. The second - being distanced - is of ourselves once we are saved.

We are all separated from God by Sin; but as soon as we receive Jesus and are born again of His Spirit we belong to God, we become His sons and daughters for ever. He will never turn his back on us, although there may be times when we distance ourselves from Him through unrighteous thoughts or actions, but just like the father of the prodigal son He will be waiting with open arms to welcome us back into His presence.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Jesusfollower

May 12, 2024
Eastern township
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is the problem with some , look what @quietthinker posted, I can’t take credit for someone else’s words, how true is what he says imo.

We have many preachers on this forum Jesusfollower.....self appointed ones might I add. It is near impossible to have a real conversation with a preacher, mainly because they set themselves up as knowing with the assumption that the reader/ listener is unknowing.
I hope real conversations are possible with you?

I say, some only hear the sound of their own voice and their own teachings, they are intrenched in it.

Including me at one time.

The only teacher that can teach me, is that of the Holy Spirit, he has shown me, you listen to no other than I,...from the Living word of God delivered straight to my heart/ spirit.

My opinion, testimony and belief.xx
""Jesusfollower.....self appointed ones might I add. It is near impossible to have a real conversation with a preacher""

try me!

I know certain subjects well and absolutely can discuss . things I don't know I will not but am always willing to learn.

If people are disrespectful I will not discuss. I am not saying it refers to you.

There is only one truth and one light by which all who believe shall be saved, it is our Savior, Jesus, the Son of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
""Jesusfollower.....self appointed ones might I add. It is near impossible to have a real conversation with a preacher""

try me!

I know certain subjects well and absolutely can discuss . things I don't know I will not but am always willing to learn.

If people are disrespectful I will not discuss. I am not saying it refers to you.
Thank you Brother,
There is only one truth and one light by which all who believe shall be saved, it is our Savior, Jesus, the Son of God.
I hope you start some threads, I would love to hear from you the certain subjects you know well...please start a topic on them....

I’m still very much in the learning stages .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How can “ WE” strive to be good when we’re in the Spirit?

Some who are actually Christians, "confess to Priests"

Some who are actually Christians, "confess their Sin".

So, are they in the Spirit when they did whatever that was, they confessed?

God works in our heart/ spirit because we are his spiritual children....how do you think we become more like Jesus, through the heart/ spirit.....or through the intellect?,

We become more like Jesus, the more like Jesus we understand God's Knowledge.

"My people are destroyed by lack of knowledge".

Where does God put that new heart / Spirit within us?

Man is a "Tri-part" being.

Man is :

Body
Soul
Spirit

You live in a body.
Your Spirit is the real you.
Your soul is your "mind, will, and emotions".

So, the "new Heart" is the "soul realm" and the new Birth is your Spirit.

Being Born Again of imperishable seed that LIVETH....liveth where?

You verse continues and says "the living word of God". (Small "w"ord")

So, that is this... "The GOSPEL.. (the word preached or shared) is the POWER OF GOD.....Unto Salvation, for everyone who BELIEVES"..

Not, caused to believe, or made to believe... but of their own free will they CHOSE to believe, as "Faith comes by HEARING" the Gospel and they BELIEVE IT.... or not.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some who are actually Christians, "confess to Priests"

Some who are actually Christians, "confess their Sin".

So, are they in the Spirit when they did whatever that was, they confessed?

We become more like Jesus, the more like Jesus we understand God's Knowledge.

"My people are destroyed by lack of knowledge".

Man is a "Tri-part" being.

Man is :

Body
Soul
Spirit

You live in a body.
Your Spirit is the real you.
Your soul is your "mind, will, and emotions".

So, the "new Heart" is the "soul realm" and the new Birth is your Spirit.
None of this is scriptural...

We become more like Jesus through our spirit, that is where he indwells, there is no knowledge in God...only through His Spirit..we must be Born Again of His Spirit.
You verse continues and says "the living word of God".

So, that is this... "The GOSPEL.. (the word preached or shared) is the POWER OF GOD.....Unto Salvation, for everyone who BELIEVES"..

Not, caused to believe, or made to believe... but of their own free will they CHOSE to believe, as "Faith comes by HEARING" the Gospel and they BELIEVE IT.... or not.
The scripture I posted says...Spirit gives birth to spirit.....

The Living Spirit gives birth to our spirit.

Biblical...your post is an opinion...no biblical truth...from what I can read.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
None of this is scriptural...

You posted that everyone is in the Spirit, as if they can't do anything wrong,

So, i replied to you that "People confess sin" and they "confess to priests", which proves they messed up.

Have you ever told God you are sorry about something you did or said?

Were you "in the Spirit" when you did that deed?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You posted that everyone is in the Spirit, as if they can't do anything wrong,
Ok.
So, i replied to you that "People confess sin" and they "confess to priests", which proves they messed up.

Have you ever told God you are sorry about something you did or said?

Were you "in the Spirit" when you did that deed?
A Born Again is very safe in their salvation, the hand of the Lord keeps them and teaches, no one else can...that’s why we were chosen by him...none other can teach us...of course we can be led astray by teachers....but, God is in control of “ HIS” children make no mistake about that.

We can learn no other, other than our direct spiritual communication with God, via his Spirit...took him a long time to get me to understand that.

I am his spiritual child..and no one else’s.