Hyper-grace: then and now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check out my activity...it’s all there, if you like to scroll through.

Are you able to answer my questions to you?xx

A Born Again cannot not go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed..which means what? Xx

A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever...where does the seed liveth and abideth forever?

If one doesn’t understand what God says above, then how on earth can they understand that their sins are forgiven..A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.
I am not arguing that one whom is born again lives foreever and never die's that is not my question. So this is a yes or no question and mine was first... Have you never ask for forgiveness in over 30 years?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not arguing that one whom is born again lives foreever and never die's that is not my question. So this is a yes or no question and mine was first... Have you never ask for forgiveness in over 30 years?
Bye, bye..I’ve already replied to your question..it’s on you if you want to check out my testimony..it’s all in my activity...

I won’t be replying or arguing over the matter again....it’s non edifying.....lol= lots of love...

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you need to be Re-Forgiven, or Has Christ died to forgive you , already?

So, everyone who is born again, can get into some "works of the Flesh".

That is why Paul said...>"Use not your LIBERTY, for an occasion to the Flesh"..

However, and here is the thing @Cyd... Its the LAW that defines your works of the flesh as "sin".

A.) So, "where there is no LAW, there is no SIN">..

That means, it can't defined anymore.. because you are not under the "dominion of the Law".

So, how do you know the law can't define your occasional carnality as sin?

"You are not under the LAW, but under Grace".

See that?

And here is one more for you to realize..
READERs.....

You, as a born again Christian, are "In Christ".. "One with God".. "seated in heavenly places"..

And there is no SIN found there.........

"well behold, what if i was watching Netflix and i knew it said "M" MATURE Audience", and i watched it anyway, and they had some sex scenes in it'.

"well behold, i watched GAME OF THRONES, and for 7 yrs, they had Rape, Incest, and similar", ..

So, that means you "used your liberty for an occasion to the Flesh", .. so, dont do that..

That's the answer.

"dont do that", as that is abusing God's Grace that Jesus died to give you ..

I will answer the first question maybe you will understand, I have a relationship with my Father in heaven, so I am corrected when I need to be corrected.. He loves me that much to point out when I error. I see no where in scriptures you become good.. Messiah said not even Him to call good and you guys seem to rate higher than Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying that in now over 30 years you have never asked again for forgiveness because you are born again?
God has forgiven my sins, so no, I don't continue to ask Him as if it's not true. That doesn't mean I don't tell Him how sorry I am, how frustrated I become, and it doesn't mean I ignore sin. We work together (He works in me to be different, I work to make that difference seen in my life) to overcome sin.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have a relationship with my Father in heaven, so I am corrected when I need to be corrected.

You have a eternal relationship with God your Father... that is based on Jesus becoming all your sin, and then God giving you the new birth, after He deals with all your sin.
See, God can't join Himself Spiritually to a sinner.....So, Christ has to deal with your sin, and THEN God will birth you as His "Born again" Son/Daughter.

See, its sin that prevents you and me from eternal spiritual union with God.

The Cross of Christ, is the means that forever removes your sin, so that you can become God's Eternal "Son or Daughter", "In Christ".

All your sin has to be dealt with by Christ's eternal Sacrifice., and is, once you BELIEVE in Jesus, and receive "The Gift of Righteousness".

If you read 2 Corinthians 5:19 and John 3:17, you'll read that God was in Christ, not holding your sin against you, anymore.

Romans 4:8 teaches you the same.

Why?
Because God Can't judge you for sin, when Jesus has died for them All, 2000 yrs ago.

Reader..
This Sacrifice of Christ, took the law off of you, and put you here....>= "not under the Law, but under Grace"..

"Christ is the END of the LAW, for righteousness, to/for EVERYONE who BELIEVES">..

So, the law, that could judge you as a sinner and your deeds as sin, is GONE from you, if you are truly born again.
YOu are no longer UNDER The Law.

You are here..>"not under the law.......but under Grace"...

So, now you are under God's Grace, and that defines you as this one....

= "As Christ is.......so are the born again... in THIS World"..

And Christ has no sin, and you are "IN Christ"...

You have become as born again... a = "New Creation in Christ" and "old things are passed away"..

That's your sin.... that is the "passed away".

A.) "God hath made JESUS... TO BE..SIN....for us", and we become "the Righteousness of God, in Christ ... Forever.

Welcome to Salvation.. : Its a GIFT...

And notice.....= "The gifts and callings of God, are without Repentance"... = He will never take it back....you can't ever lose it... because its not based on you. Its based on The Cross of Christ..

Now look at this..

"God who started His Salvation, in all the born again.. will HIMSELF, be FAITHFUL to Complete it"..

Welcome to : Salvation..

Its "The Gift of Salvation"" and "The Gift of Righteousness"..

. He loves me that much to point out when I error.

The main error of most believers, is that they dont understand their Salvation..

They are trying to confess to keep what can't be lost, while they try to earn what can't be earned.

SALVATION is a GIFT.
Its Eternal.
You can't stop being Born Again.

I see no where in scriptures you become good..

"there are none good".. "all have sinned"..

So, we Go to the Cross, so that God can give us HIS Righteousness, and we become born again, as "The righteousness of God, in Christ"..

= God came down here as Jesus, Virgin born., to deal with all your sin, and give you His Righteousness, as "The Gift of Salvation".

God is HOLY, and God is Righteous, and God told us.."be Holy as I am Holy"..

A.) We can't do that......as "all have sinned"......so, we go the Cross and Jesus "becomes our sin" and we become "Christ's Righteousness" as a "born again.. "new creation" "In Christ... "made righteous".. "One with God".

Welcome to Salvation: Its a GIFT

Messiah said not even Him to call good and you guys seem to rate higher than Christ.

Not at all.

What we are doing is giving God Credit for giving us His Salvation, and that Salvation is our Righteousness.

Real Christians, who understand The Cross, are not trying to perform for God, as if He requires it to keep us.

Remember.....Its God's "Gift of Righteousness", and to be born again, is proof you have it.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, we have Christians who teach hyper-grace:

The idea is not new. Back in the days of Paul, Romans 3:

Romans 6:

Jude 4:

Repenting is not a one-time event.
Hyper grace is just repackaged gnosticism.

Nothing more.

In the Old Testament Baal and Ashera were the gods always mentioned but the truth is that they had various names over the centuries. However, scriptures/God decided to give them one name as a bit or irony and insult.
I see no reason to depart from the practice.

• Wow

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has forgiven my sins, so no, I don't continue to ask Him as if it's not true. That doesn't mean I don't tell Him how sorry I am, how frustrated I become, and it doesn't mean I ignore sin. We work together (He works in me to be different, I work to make that difference seen in my life) to overcome sin.

Much love!

I think the meaning for being sorry is repentance unless I am mistaken with the meaning.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Hyper Grace" then and now".

The repenting you are talking about is continually sinning for the rest of your life, so that you can repent of it for the rest of your life.
Can you connect what I wrote and your conclusion logically, step by step? This is the 2nd time I have asked. I prefer to debate with people who can provide logical steps.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the meaning for being sorry is repentance unless I am mistaken with the meaning.
Repentance, in the New Testament, is translated from "metanoia", which is "the after-mind", that is, the exchange of one mind for another.

Not like just changing your mind on something, but the adaptation of an entirely different paradigm. In the Bible, metanoia is used to refer to when we repudiate our fleshy mind, desiring a new mind from God. We don't necessarily think in those terms, that's the way the Bible speaks. We tend to think in terms of being sorry for sin and determined to stop it, but that's something different. Actually, that's more like the way the Old Testament speaks.

The OT idea of repentance is "change directions". In the NT, it's "exchange your mind".

As Christians, Biblically speaking, we don't "repent from sin", we "put off the old man", and "put on the new".

Colossians 3, and Ephesians 4 are both great chapters to read dozens of times over the course of the next week or two, to let the words of the Scriptures inform the terms by which we think about these things.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you need to be Re-Forgiven, or Has Christ died to forgive you , already?

Is .. "Jesus the one time ETERNAL Sacrifice for Sin" or is His Shed Blood and death, a part time, temporary REDEMPTION?

So, Listen, Reader...

= everyone who is born again, can get into some "works of the Flesh".

That is why Paul said...>"Use not your LIBERTY, for an occasion to the Flesh"..

However, and here is the thing @Cyd... Its the LAW that defines your works of the flesh as "sin".

A.) So, "where there is no LAW, there is no SIN">..

That means, it can't define anymore.. because you are not under the "dominion of the Law".

So, how do you know the law can't define your occasional carnality as sin?

"You are not under the LAW, but under Grace".

See that?

And here is one more for you to realize..
READERs.....

You, as a born again Christian, are "In Christ".. "One with God".. "seated in heavenly places"..

And there is no SIN found there.........

"well behold, what if i was watching Netflix and i knew it said "M" MATURE Audience", and i watched it anyway, and they had some advanced sex scenes in it'.

"well behold, i watched GAME OF THRONES, and for 7 yrs, they had Rape, Incest, and similar", ."saw it every week"...

So, that means you "used your liberty for an occasion to the Flesh", .. so, dont do that..

That's the answer.

"dont do that", as that is abusing God's Grace that Jesus died to give you ..

1.) Dont go there
2.) Dont look at that
3.) Dont turn that on
4.) Dont download that.
5.) Dont smoke that.
6.) Dont put that in your veins.

See, YOU KNOW before you do it......because The Holy Spirit reminds you..

And then.....you choose that "occasion to the flesh" or you dont.

The world and the Flesh and the Devil, are not going to turn and walk away,. so YOU have to put on the Armor and DENY IT....REFUSE IT.....Walk away.......put it behind you.

So, YOU have to just "pause" and then turn and walk away, and its the Holy Spirit that is giving you that "PAUSE">.

So, LISTEN.
LISTEN.

Reader... LISTEN...
what about 1 John 1: 9. its meaningless?

It does not mean we have to confess our sin to be forgiven, It means we are open and state our sin to God.

@Ritajanice is claiming she is sinless.. @Cyd is asking a logical question. if she has never had to ask forgiveness or confess her sin for that long.

Reactions: Cyd

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bye, bye..I’ve already replied to your question..it’s on you if you want to check out my testimony..it’s all in my activity...

I won’t be replying or arguing over the matter again....it’s non edifying.....lol= lots of love...
You never answered his question.

As usual. when you disagree with someone or can not answer a question, this is how you act.

You should be ashamed!

Reactions: Cyd

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to hyper grace folk, they dont have to do squat. They are shoe ins.
Well if you have eternal life. technically you do not

However, when you have been given such a great gift. Not only WILL you do something, you desire to do something

again, You do not say you trust someone and never do it.

Now if your claiming you have to do something to be saved. then your on a legalistic pharisee gospel. which is Not of God

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no

repent means to change ones mind, it literally means to turn and do 180 degrees and walk the opposite way.

You can't keep repenting for the same sin as people claim you must do.. that smocking God (at least in my view)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. What about you?
Of course...xx

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit can indwell the spirit of a sinner?

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

It’s the old mindset that I have problems with at times..that’s where the renewing of our minds come into play so to speak.

My old mindset is all about me...which is non edifying there is no good in it.....

• Sad

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. What about you?
Only God can bring us to repentance as his word says, before we can be Born Again, he is the initiator,

He draws us to Jesus, no one can come to Father except through the Son, he brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, he brings us to initially believe in Jesus, but, we must then be birthed by his Spirit/ Spirit gives birth to spirit , to receive the gift of Faith which is a manifestation of the Spirit, the gift of God given Faith manifests itself in our spirit, where it will flourish and grow, because it was planted by the seed of God...you can’t believe or know that God exists without his Spirit..my testimony and belief.

I repented once , I don’t continue to repent because I’ve already posted scripture as of to why....my spirit has been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...what does that mean to you @TonyChanYT ?

How would I know that I have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed?

John 14:6
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

New Living Translation
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

English Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Berean Standard Bible
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

2 Corinthians 7:10
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

New Living Translation
For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.

English Standard Version
For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Berean Standard Bible
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course...xx

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit can indwell the spirit of a sinner?

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

It’s the old mindset that I have problems with at times..that’s where the renewing of our minds come into play so to speak.

My old mindset is all about me...which is non edifying there is no good in it.....
its the old mindset that is still trapped in the flesh .
IT will bring into our minds thoughts contrary to GOD . lusts and etc
BUT we dont have to be a slave to them thoughts . You see its the sin that sins
the flesh produces the evil thoughts
HOWEVER we do sin if we obey that thought .
Thus when the sin that sins enters our minds , SO too would the SPIRIT be ringing alarms bells
saying this is wicked . WHICH ONE WE GONNA HEED . MAY IT BE THE SPIRIT and NOT the FLESH .
many mess up romans seven .
what i mean is they see the sin that sins
as this , IF i were to go sleep with another mans wife , ITS NOT REALLY ME SINNING .
ITS THE SIN that SINS . WRONG . IF I OBEY THE FLESH and DO SLEEP WITH THE WIFE , ITS I WHO THEN SIN
WE have to take captive the thoughts rita .
And sin can harden a heart . that too is a fact .
THIS is why we have a pattern set up for the church .
FIRST STEP , BE GRAVE and BE SERIOUS . WARN against SIN , expose sins
dont ever try and downplay sin . step two . IF ONE DOES SIN , CORRECT THE PERSON
REbuke sharply or etc , BUT DO CORRECT THEM .
Too many downplay sin and error . THE early church DID NOT DO THAT . LOOK at how serious paul
was about sin and error . WE MUST BE TOO . its part of the working of the SPIRIT .
The whole pattern for correction is also and was also inspired BY THE SPIRIT FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHURCH .
Be encouraged dear sister . But the more we read the bible and stay refreshed in it , i tell us all the sharper we become
and do remain . Every word written Was inspired by the Spirit . FOR the good of the church and the SPIRIT
works through the true leaders as well as the peoples . WE MUST KEEP the original pattern . ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime