I don't know what to name this thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What if the facts never arrive? Some things are unknowable. There's nothing that can be done about that. We just have to go with the best information available and be able to support our beliefs with sound reason. It's imperfect, but it's the only way we can make sense of the world. Without beliefs, we couldn't function.
Are our beliefs really making sense of this world?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do we have to prove it? Or is it self evident?

I think it's self evident. Maybe you can't write it out in a scientific equation but that dont mean it's not real.

An infant has to believe that if it cries louder that his momma will hear him and come feed him.
Children in general must believe that their Daddy will protect them. Mankind are social creatures that need each other, and must believe in each other. Even man & wife must be able to trust each other.

What kind of relationship would you have if your wife didn't care enough to act trustworthy to you? Being vague about her whereabouts and so forth? That type of behavior would create suspicion and doubt and not be good for the relationship.

So it's not that the brain requires it for certains chemical reactions and so forth, but the Psyche requires that we believe in something and someone greater than ourselves. This includes God my friend...If you've never had to cry out to God for help before, be patient, it's coming. There's no Atheists in the room when the elephant walks in! (No Atheists in foxholes).
You seem to be identifying believing in a way that assists us when we don't have an answer. Isn't that why we believe in the first place? Until we know for sure we'll likely believe in something. But that's not the same as believing in something that you affirm is a absolute fact. If believing in that degree conditions me to stay in that belief, then what will I do if some information presents itself against what I've been believing? Do I deny it? Do I push that information away? Maybe try and destroy it?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be identifying believing in a way that assists us when we don't have an answer. Isn't that why we believe in the first place? Until we know for sure we'll likely believe in something. But that's not the same as believing in something that you affirm is a absolute fact. If believing in that degree conditions me to stay in that belief, then what will I do if some information presents itself against what I've been believing? Do I deny it? Do I push that information away? Maybe try and destroy it?
That's the thing though, the Spirit brngs the affirmation. When God reveals Himself to you with His Spirit, then He does it in such a way that you know it for an absolute fact in the very core of your being. But just not in a way that can be proven in a natural lab.

One time I was checking my emails, not even thinking about God. And Jesus walked into the room. He didnt manifest so that I could see Him, but...when Jesus walks into the room, it's a memorable experience. The atmosphere radiated with power like it was electrified or something. It was the absolute strongest presence of God that I have ever felt before. Or since! There was no mistaking who was there in my room. I knew I was before Jesus.

And He spoke to me! Audibly!! Long story short, I knew His voice too, I recognized His voice. I wondered how I was able to recognize His voice. But the bible does say that His sheep know His voice, and I did. I just cant explain it. So You see, I have my proof. God proved Himself to me...but how can I prove it to you? I can't. He does it that way because He wants us to have faith in Him. To trust Him. It would be the same way with you. You could get proof from God that He is real for yourself if you picked up your bible and went searching for Him.

It would snowball after that. It did for me and still is. I have more testimonies than I can count. I stopped trying to keep track of the numbers. It's not about the numbers or the miracles, it is about the person, Jesus the Christ. Supernatural stuff happening just kind of goes along with it. Would you like to hear some of my testimonies?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was I right about believing? You can see how these countries around the world are behaving due to their beliefs. For me it's an undeniable fact that believing is our enemy, and catastrophe can only follow. I know you will just keep on thinking your beliefs will fix everything. But please understand it's not like I've not been there. In a odd way I consider that nature facilitates our suffering the more we want to believe.
Believing is a responsibility, not an exercise of self-justification.

You can say "today I will treat everyone like mud, until they recognise me" or you can say "today I will serve who God puts in my path, that I might serve Him" - only one of these is being responsible to the choice that is put before them.

Reactions: MA2444

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That's the thing though, the Spirit brngs the affirmation. When God reveals Himself to you with His Spirit, then He does it in such a way that you know it for an absolute fact in the very core of your being. But just not in a way that can be proven in a natural lab.

One time I was checking my emails, not even thinking about God. And Jesus walked into the room. He didnt manifest so that I could see Him, but...when Jesus walks into the room, it's a memorable experience. The atmosphere radiated with power like it was electrified or something. It was the absolute strongest presence of God that I have ever felt before. Or since! There was no mistaking who was there in my room. I knew I was before Jesus.

And He spoke to me! Audibly!! Long story short, I knew His voice too, I recognized His voice. I wondered how I was able to recognize His voice. But the bible does say that His sheep know His voice, and I did. I just cant explain it. So You see, I have my proof. God proved Himself to me...but how can I prove it to you? I can't. He does it that way because He wants us to have faith in Him. To trust Him. It would be the same way with you. You could get proof from God that He is real for yourself if you picked up your bible and went searching for Him.

It would snowball after that. It did for me and still is. I have more testimonies than I can count. I stopped trying to keep track of the numbers. It's not about the numbers or the miracles, it is about the person, Jesus the Christ. Supernatural stuff happening just kind of goes along with it. Would you like to hear some of my testimonies?
Did you verify this visitation with another person? Did you take a picture? Did you record any video? Beliefs can project faulty sensory information outwards.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you verify this visitation with another person? Did you take a picture? Did you record any video? Beliefs can project faulty sensory information outwards.

I was home alone. There isnt any video or pictures, I tild you I cant prove any of it. I also told you that it is a relationship with a Spirit and you would have to approach God in such a way that He knows you are serious and then He will reveal Himself to you.

But you have to choose to believe first. That's how it works. It's all about faith and trusting the Lord. If you wont do that, then...good luck with that?

Your last line sounds like it was spoken by a 17 year old. WHat's that even mean?
You can't ask me for proof. You need to go ask God to show you that He is real, not me! All I can do is to give my testimonies. "I" know that God is real. So you can't ask for your money back, lol. You've made no donations in my coffers or made payments on my private jet for me. I'm not even selling CD's or videos, lol! SO I have no motivation to be deceptive with you. Why? What gain would it bring me?

So if you want to be agnostic and be from Missouri and want these things proven to you...I told you how to do it. Start praying to God and ask for Him to reveal Himself. And then pick up your bible with a fervor and look for some clues in there. When (God) thinks you are serious enough, He will reveal Himself. If that isnt good enough for you then, your not really agnostic then are you? You prolly have a favorite sin or a favorite girlfriend which dont really want God to be proven to you. I mean, if God gave you proof of Himself, then you know He would want you to stop fornicating the girlfriend, stop the partying and the carousing & drinking, and you know this and really like your GF. But deep down inside, you already know that God is real.

So that's how it works. When you get serious enough to show God that your serious, then God will get serious and show Himself.

Whether or not you believe me and my testimony is a moot point. Gods ways are higher than our ways and He set this world up to run like He wants it to. So your discouragment is with Him and not me!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See, there's that carnal mind again. Show me. Prove me. I already told you that it is about a relationship with the Spirit of God. I also told you that I when the Lord came and spoke to me, I could not see Him for He did not manifest Himself in that way.

I didnt see God.
Did you get any pictures?
Uh, what?

That's you carnal intellect talking to you. God is a Spirit and must be worshipped in Spirit and in truth. So while pondering these things...you would need to tell your carnal intellect to shut up!

I have seen these things and heard them. Do I need proof for myself? No, for God has given me the proof that I need. Many times. And do you know that my carnal intellect will still try to argue with me and say it is not so. (And I seen it happen!) So I tell Him to shut up now when he starts saying those things in my mind. Because I know better. Just not in my intellect.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no data showing that you will die?

There's that smart intellect again. See what I mean?

No data showing that you will die one day? Uhh, what about your eyes and your life? Can you not trust your eyes. Are you telling us that you dont know anyone ever who has died? Is that not data?

Get real young man!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was home alone. There isnt any video or pictures, I tild you I cant prove any of it. I also told you that it is a relationship with a Spirit and you would have to approach God in such a way that He knows you are serious and then He will reveal Himself to you.

But you have to choose to believe first. That's how it works. It's all about faith and trusting the Lord. If you wont do that, then...good luck with that?

Your last line sounds like it was spoken by a 17 year old. WHat's that even mean?
You can't ask me for proof. You need to go ask God to show you that He is real, not me! All I can do is to give my testimonies. "I" know that God is real. So you can't ask for your money back, lol. You've made no donations in my coffers or made payments on my private jet for me. I'm not even selling CD's or videos, lol! SO I have no motivation to be deceptive with you. Why? What gain would it bring me?

So if you want to be agnostic and be from Missouri and want these things proven to you...I told you how to do it. Start praying to God and ask for Him to reveal Himself. And then pick up your bible with a fervor and look for some clues in there. When (God) thinks you are serious enough, He will reveal Himself. If that isnt good enough for you then, your not really agnostic then are you? You prolly have a favorite sin or a favorite girlfriend which dont really want God to be proven to you. I mean, if God gave you proof of Himself, then you know He would want you to stop fornicating the girlfriend, stop the partying and the carousing & drinking, and you know this and really like your GF. But deep down inside, you already know that God is real.

So that's how it works. When you get serious enough to show God that your serious, then God will get serious and show Himself.

Whether or not you believe me and my testimony is a moot point. Gods ways are higher than our ways and He set this world up to run like He wants it to. So your discouragment is with Him and not me!
Why do you think in this way? It's so bizarre. I used to be treated for schizophrenia, so I know well what can happen to a human brain when it psychologically malfunctions. Your mind is malfunctioning, I'm sorry, it is. If you are seeing projections of beliefs in your mind, then you are not 100% mentally sound.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MA2444

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There's that smart intellect again. See what I mean?

No data showing that you will die one day? Uhh, what about your eyes and your life? Can you not trust your eyes. Are you telling us that you dont know anyone ever who has died? Is that not data?

Get real young man!
I never seen anyone die. Ever! Really, never. Sometimes I think that I'm super special or something. Forest Gump special.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think in this way? It's so bizarre. I used to be treated for schizophrenia, so I know well what can happen to a human brain when it psychologically malfunctions. Your mind is malfunctioning, I'm sorry, it is. If you are seeing projections of beliefs in your mind, then you are not 100% mentally sound.

It comes with the years. I used to think like you do (because I was Smart!) but as I got older I grew wiser in many ways, and I like how I think. And you think my mind is misfiring?! When you get to be around 25 years old then your brain will be fully developed by then. So maybe you can think up a smarter defense against, there is no God!

You said you read the bible some. So you know that (Proverbs 3:5-6)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.../NLT

And

Romans 1:20
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.../NLT

I remember when I was young enough that I still knew it all. That wears off, lol! But the Bible says you wont find God through your intellect, seek Him and it will happen. It also says that every being in creation (that's me & you too!) can clearly see that God is real even if He is Invisible! So somewhere deep down inside, you know the truth about God, that He is real. You just don't know Him yet.

So you will be without excuse some day. Sounds like you got some more philosophising to do. You can choose to not believe in my testimony. That isnt a big deal. But it doesnt mean that it wasnt true. I wasnt conjuring up spirits or anything new age or occult. I was checking my emails and not even thinking about the Lord! He inturuppted me! Walked right in He did. And He stayed invisible, but I knew exactly where He was standing because I could feel Him radiating His power. Like I said before, when Jesus walks into the room...you know it.

I hear four different voice within me! And I can tell them apart because I have been paying attention for so long. My carnal mind, my conscience, My spirit, and the still small voice of God. So not only do I hear voices but I am actually possessed by the Lord God!

I am...in Christ, so Christ is in me. He stands beside me, He goes ahead of me to clear the way and He brings up my rear guard. Now Christ is in the Father and the Father in Him, so the Father is with me also! And dont forget the Holy Spirit! Oh! Plus my gurdian Angel and my scribe Angel. So I walk around with an entourage of spiritual beings around me and within me.

You know what? I like that.

You sure you dont want to hear any more testimonies? I got some doozies.

One of them can be verified! By two other people besides me!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never seen anyone die. Ever! Really, never. Sometimes I think that I'm super special or something. Forest Gump special.

Ok but have you ever known someone who died? Do you "believe" in death?

I used to think I was super special myself. In some ways perhaps, but I'm old enough to know better now. I aint nobody! I used to be, now I'm just retired.

That kind of thinking wears off after awhile. I'm not saying that you're not not special, you're prolly just like me. Better than some but not as good as others. That's life. We are all on the same page as Forrest!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It comes with the years. I used to think like you do (because I was Smart!) but as I got older I grew wiser in many ways, and I like how I think. And you think my mind is misfiring?! When you get to be around 25 years old then your brain will be fully developed by then. So maybe you can think up a smarter defense against, there is no God!

You said you read the bible some. So you know that (Proverbs 3:5-6)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.../NLT

And

Romans 1:20
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.../NLT

I remember when I was young enough that I still knew it all. That wears off, lol! But the Bible says you wont find God through your intellect, seek Him and it will happen. It also says that every being in creation (that's me & you too!) can clearly see that God is real even if He is Invisible! So somewhere deep down inside, you know the truth about God, that He is real. You just don't know Him yet.

So you will be without excuse some day. Sounds like you got some more philosophising to do. You can choose to not believe in my testimony. That isnt a big deal. But it doesnt mean that it wasnt true. I wasnt conjuring up spirits or anything new age or occult. I was checking my emails and not even thinking about the Lord! He inturuppted me! Walked right in He did. And He stayed invisible, but I knew exactly where He was standing because I could feel Him radiating His power. Like I said before, when Jesus walks into the room...you know it.

I hear four different voice within me! And I can tell them apart because I have been paying attention for so long. My carnal mind, my conscience, My spirit, and the still small voice of God. So not only do I hear voices but I am actually possessed by the Lord God!

I am...in Christ, so Christ is in me. He stands beside me, He goes ahead of me to clear the way and He brings up my rear guard. Now Christ is in the Father and the Father in Him, so the Father is with me also! And dont forget the Holy Spirit! Oh! Plus my gurdian Angel and my scribe Angel. So I walk around with an entourage of spiritual beings around me and within me.

You know what? I like that.

You sure you dont want to hear any more testimonies? I got some doozies.

One of them can be verified! By two other people besides me!
I wasn't trying to hurt you. I was being serious about what effect your belief is having on you. You become schizophrenic when you inundate your brain with belief after belief.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't trying to hurt you. I was being serious about what effect your belief is having on you. You become schizophrenic when you inundate your brain with belief after belief.

So everybody's schizophrenic? Everyone has beliefs, even you.

It's actually one belief, it just fills in the pieces over time.

Or are you trying to say that you don't have any beliefs at all?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So everybody's schizophrenic? Everyone has beliefs, even you.

It's actually one belief, it just fills in the pieces over time.

Or are you trying to say that you don't have any beliefs at all?
It doesn't matter, nothing matters in a society of belief norm's. No one actually knows any better than anyone else while they remain under the influence of a belief. Frankly I don't care about what people believe anymore, no one is saving anything, no matter how much they believe. Now I'm just waiting for my turn in the long line of death, and I'm fairly confident that when my time is up I will be relieved. Anything that might come after is better than this fake artificial believing world.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter, nothing matters in a society of belief norm's. No one actually knows any better than anyone else while they remain under the influence of a belief. Frankly I don't care about what people believe anymore, no one is saving anything, no matter how much they believe. Now I'm just waiting for my turn in the long line of death, and I'm fairly confident that when my time is up I will be relieved. Anything that might come after is better than this fake artificial believing world.

So you'll just not believe in anything then? That sounds very odd and very far fetched. It sounds more like you're making excuses for not even trying. Like you have some favorite sins that you dont want to give up.