I hate women in the locker room. I hate women explaining men's sporting games. But mostly I hate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Believer112

Jan 8, 2024
New Mexico
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were not allowed to do woodwork at school, or mechanics and the boys ( at first ) were not allowed to do cooking or needlework. Jeff( my ex husband ) went to the same school as me and he became the first boy allowed to do cooking - now everyone has to do it , but I am not sure about the other subjects. I don’t remember my daughter ever doing woodwork or my sons needlework.
In the 70's my school allowed it and boy I wish I took taken typing.

Believer112

Jan 8, 2024
New Mexico
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can't men have their safe spaces? Women don't play men sports. Kind of odd.
Lol, this man will never need a safe place. Does anyone remember Bob Costas, He wasn't an athlete but he commentated on every sport on the planet. I'm sure he had to learn somewhere.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the 70's my school allowed it and boy I wish I took taken typing.
We never had typing - you had to go to night school for that , mind you over here you finished school at 16 , college was a choice and most people went straight into full time work.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady just because you are ignorant about sports don't mean all females are ignorant. Maybe you are a little jealous.
Well, at least you got the lady right.tipping_hat_smiley.gif

The only sport I know little about is basketball. I admit it.

Would rather watch curling

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yuck!..

View attachment 44869
ur,socks_flatlay_medium,square,600x600-bg,f8f8f8.1.jpg

Well I wouldnt wear them either, lol! The triangles in mine are all subdued in color. I may not be Dapper Dan but I dont dress like a clown!

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Believer112

Jan 8, 2024
New Mexico
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We never had typing - you had to go to night school for that , mind you over here you finished school at 16 , college was a choice and most people went straight into full time work.
I was lucky enough to go to a rich school that had voc tech. I took radio& TV which helped me with my career in electronics. My kids weren't so lucky living in a small town. I think all schools should offer vocational training.

Maybe like UK we should graduate kids at 16, then place them into vocational till 18.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was lucky enough to go to a rich school that had voc tech. I took radio& TV which helped me with my career in electronics. My kids weren't so lucky living in a small town. I think all schools should offer vocational training.

Maybe like UK we should graduate kids at 16, then place them into vocational till 18.
It’s changed now , the age went up to 18 a few years back, they leave ordinary school and go straight to college till they are 18. The difference from when I left school ( in 1973 ) there were loads of jobs and they trained you on the job - I left and went straight into Barclays Bank. Now you have to have grades to get the jobs !

Reactions: MA2444

Believer112

Jan 8, 2024
New Mexico
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, at least you got the lady right.View attachment 44872

The only sport I know little about is basketball. I admit it.

Would rather watch curling
I think I got most right since you weren't an athlete so what they do is beyond your understanding. I won't agree with you on a (restricted) women's roll in society. I have two daughters who were athletes and I'm sure they can commentate on men's sports just as easily as women sports. The war thing, I believe T Gabbard explains things just as easily as a male.

Reactions: MA2444

Believer112

Jan 8, 2024
New Mexico
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s changed now , the age went up to 18 a few years back, they leave ordinary school and go straight to college till they are 18. The difference from when I left school ( in 1973 ) there were loads of jobs and they trained you on the job - I left and went straight into Barclays Bank. Now you have to have grades to get the jobs !
The good ol days. I tried to leave school but my parents wouldn't let me. I wish I had gone to college because I had a free ride but I wanted to work like my dad did and ended up at a decent paying job but was trapped there because of lack of education. All I had was military training.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, this man will never need a safe place. Does anyone remember Bob Costas, He wasn't an athlete but he commentated on every sport on the planet. I'm sure he had to learn somewhere.
Well, as I understand it, Bob Costas is a man. So, your rational is that men do not need safe spaces - but women do - AND we are equal. Is that about right?

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The good ol days. I tried to leave school but my parents wouldn't let me. I wish I had gone to college because I had a free ride but I wanted to work like my dad did and ended up at a decent paying job but was trapped there because of lack of education. All I had was military training.
I think I was very fortunate, I trained up in the Bank , left and did a year at a hospital, then went back to the bank before I had my children. All my sons went into trades , learned a college and my daughter trained as a pharmacist before she started a family. The boys didn’t get good grades, they were not academic - but the got apprenticeships. I think many people who haven’t got good grades would learn on the job as it’s different to school, I am not into all the push on grades !

Reactions: Believer112

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Skilled manual labor is extremely under valued.
I agree , it use to be valued more. My twin brother lives in Germany and they are now crying out for tradesmen , everyone goes to college and into IT ect , so now they don’t have many electricians, plumbers, carpenters ect

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I was very fortunate, I trained up in the Bank , left and did a year at a hospital, then went back to the bank before I had my children. All my sons went into trades , learned a college and my daughter trained as a pharmacist before she started a family. The boys didn’t get good grades, they were not academic - but the got apprenticeships. I think many people who haven’t got good grades would learn on the job as it’s different to school, I am not into all the push on grades !

I was a hair breadths away from becoming a cop (shudder). I even did all their training and schoolong and graduated 3rd overall. (A girl took first place in shooting! With a beat up old cop 38 that came out of a box and had been through 5000 different hands before!) All I had to do was to go down and get sworn in. But something strange happened before I did. I accidently discovered that I had skills in the Trades and could make more money fixing things than dodging bullets, lol. So I went into business instead.

I'm glad I did. If I would have been a cop, I'd prolly be a prick by now. And I like helping people. I tested good. I have lots of apitude and a pretty high IQ but the trades will never stop working and fixing furnaces and air conditioners is waaay more profitable than being a cop. People might stop buying new fixtures and furnaces and stuff, but those who can repair them will never be without work.

Reactions: Rita

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as I understand it, Bob Costas is a man. So, your rational is that men do not need safe spaces - but women do - AND we are equal. Is that about right?

Nah, just let me carry my pistol if I feel the need to, I should be able to handle it.

Men and women are not equal except for political purposes, lol. Have you ever watched one of those videos where some tranny wrestles a girl on the womens team? Man, they throw the girls all around and that's not fun to watch but it illustrates that men and women are not equal.

But that doesnt mean that we dont need women! So it's a trade off. They need us, we need them.

Reactions: Wrangler

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was a hair breadths away from becoming a cop (shudder). I even did all their training and schoolong and graduated 3rd overall. (A girl took first place in shooting! With a beat up old cop 38 that came out of a box and had been through 5000 different hands before!) All I had to do was to go down and get sworn in. But something strange happened before I did. I accidently discovered that I had skills in the Trades and could make more money fixing things than dodging bullets, lol. So I went into business instead.

I'm glad I did. If I would have been a cop, I'd prolly be a prick by now. And I like helping people. I tested good. I have lots of apitude and a pretty high IQ but the trades will never stop working and fixing furnaces and air conditioners is waaay more profitable than being a cop. People might stop buying new fixtures and furnaces and stuff, but those who can repair them will never be without work.
Yes my oldest is an electrician and my middle son a carpenter , my youngest was a brick layer - good trades xx

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes my oldest is an electrician and my middle son a carpenter , my youngest was a brick layer - good trades xx

My dad was a Master Plumber, and I did do lots of plumbing. But when that job fell through, I thought, hmm the Heat & Air guys get more respect than the plumbers, they're the smart ones lol. And so I went to a Plumbing & Heating shop, they said no. So I said, I'm not afraid to dig, and I was on the job site with a shovel in my hand in less than 30 minutes! Digging gas lines for replacement. Then eventually they let me come in the house and try to fix a furnace because the furnace guy was out. And I did good so they threw me on a service truck and taught me how to fix them, and A/C's too, and sheet metal, gas leaks, commercial roof top units and a little bit of refrigeration.

Oh and when Colorado legalized weed for people to grow, we'd go around setting up people's grow rooms so that there werent any miswiring or electrical fires and stuff like that. I even wired one house for electrical service that they were building. I set the Breaker panel and me & my son pulled all the wire. I never tested for the Electricians license but they let the homeowner pull the permit for it, so he did and it passed inspection first time. That's what's good about the Trades. There's lots of crossing over of the trades into each other's work. Hooking up a furnace? Better be able to do the gas line right and the electrical. Your new new Lennox furnace is installed, someone will be along shortly to try to make it work! (Lennox is the most Terrible brand out there.) They used to let us A/C guys pull the electrical permit for Air Conditioners but someone figured out that they could take that away from us and make more money when they could charge our electrician to pull the permit.

I can fix anything in a residential or commercial building from underground to rooftop. Fixing broken down furnaces is my favorite. I'm always the hero when I make the heat work again in winter and Christmastime was always awesome. The people almost always fixed me up with all sorts of goodies!

Reactions: Rita