It’s All Good!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most believers are familiar with Romans 8:28, which is the most encouraging passage: “We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

It’s my suspicion that many Christians do not have sufficient understanding concerning this passage (maybe thinking not being perfect is the hindrance); and there is no greater passage of encouragement, it always being the answer to all problems! The full implication of this Scripture passage means that regardless of what occurs in the life of a saint, it is already planned to result in benefit (esp. to our faith). Even if it is something you unwillingly did wrong, God already knows not only what occurred, but also knows that the goal of believers is always to “please” Him, because He always “works” this in the Christian (Phl 2:13). He knows nobody can please Him always, but knows also that pleasing Him is the 24/7/365 intention!

God doesn’t use anything to test us to see what we will do, He already knows all of this. He tests us to teach and instruct us to learn to “trust” Him through it all, and causes us to trust Him, that it is all for our “good.” During the death of a loved one is a great test (lesson) for us to exercise love to Him in the greatest capacity, thereby eventually not allowing anything to “trouble” us (Jn 14:1, 27). He gives us the time to regain our emotions in our love to Him, as the discouragement passes, while He is supporting us in His arms. You soon learn that regardless the difficulty, you are not supposed to allow it to escalade to the point of allowing it to trouble you! This is done by remembering that it’s all good, everything small or great is used by God for your benefit.

If we cannot learn to know these truths, there will not be much spiritual growth within the soul! Spiritual growth is the result of knowing, understanding and applying these truths. What could truly keep us from regaining encouragement from God if we are certain that, even until we learn these things, He still eventually brings us back to knowing all is good and right again, until we learn!

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most believers are familiar with Romans 8:28, which is the most encouraging passage: “We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

It’s my suspicion that many Christians do not have sufficient understanding concerning this passage (maybe thinking not being perfect is the hindrance); and there is no greater passage of encouragement, it always being the answer to all problems! The full implication of this Scripture passage means that regardless of what occurs in the life of a saint, it is already planned to result in benefit (esp. to our faith). Even if it is something you unwillingly did wrong, God already knows not only what occurred, but also knows that the goal of believers is always to “please” Him, because He always “works” this in the Christian (Phl 2:13). He knows nobody can please Him always, but knows also that pleasing Him is the 24/7/365 intention!

God doesn’t use anything to test us to see what we will do, He already knows all of this. He tests us to teach and instruct us to learn to “trust” Him through it all, and causes us to trust Him, that it is all for our “good.” During the death of a loved one is a great test (lesson) for us to exercise love to Him in the greatest capacity, thereby eventually not allowing anything to “trouble” us (Jn 14:1, 27). He gives us the time to regain our emotions in our love to Him, as the discouragement passes, while He is supporting us in His arms. You soon learn that regardless the difficulty, you are not supposed to allow it to escalade to the point of allowing it to trouble you! This is done by remembering that it’s all good, everything small or great is used by God for your benefit.

If we cannot learn to know these truths, there will not be much spiritual growth within the soul! Spiritual growth is the result of knowing, understanding and applying these truths. What could truly keep us from regaining encouragement from God if we are certain that, even until we learn these things, He still eventually brings us back to knowing all is good and right again, until we learn!
This is very timely for me personally! Thanks...

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible also says that loving God isn't a cake walk. It's a pretty high bar. I am not convinced that most believers I have spoken to fit this, but I couldn't really say. Romans 8:28 may apply to fewer than is immediately apparently.

Matthew 22
37Jesus declared, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible also says that loving God isn't a cake walk. It's a pretty high bar. I am not convinced that most believers I have spoken to fit this, but I couldn't really say. Romans 8:28 may apply to fewer than is immediately apparently.

Matthew 22
37Jesus declared, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
Hi, and thanks for the comments! There are many immature believers that are being "worked" on (Phil 2:13) to bring them to maturity. Every believer is permanently saved, so every believer will be brought to maturity, if time allows; and everyone that should be saved, will be saved (Jhn 18:9).