James Webb telescope confirms there is something seriously wrong with our understanding of the universe

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you posted what they call laws of evolutionary biology. I am speaking of the laws of science via the scientific method. propose, test repeat etc.etc.etc. and the results remain over 99.9% identical. those are the laws of science.

We do not see the "macro" evolutionary change taking place, nor can evolutionists provide the science of how biological evolution from microbe to man took place. All they have is untestable hypotheses accepted by the majority of secular and compromised scientists who call themselves believers.

Reactions: marks

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you posted what they call laws of evolutionary biology. I am speaking of the laws of science via the scientific method. propose, test repeat etc.etc.etc. and the results remain over 99.9% identical. those are the laws of science.

We do not see the "macro" evolutionary change taking place, nor can evolutionists provide the science of how biological evolution from microbe to man took place. All they have is untestable hypotheses accepted by the majority of secular and compromised scientists who call themselves believers.
Interestingly, you're doing exactly what many atheists do - i.e., defining "science" in such a narrow way (basically falsifiable laboratory science) that it excludes some of the most important scientific disciplines. I address this at the end of this blog entry:

Microevolution - adaptive change - is established to a scientific certainty. There should be nothing disturbing about this even to a Young Earth Creationist.

What is loosely called macroevolution is a different story. Laboratory science has not been kind to macroevolution. Experiments with rapidly-producing bacteria and insects, whereby millions of years of evolution can be replicated in a few years, have shown nothing like macroevolution and have confirmed that virtually all mutations are damaging or fatal. The fossil record likewise isn't kind to macroevolution, to the extent that even secular neo-Darwinists are acknowledging something is fundamentally amiss.

If and when a coherent evolutionary theory is established to the same level of scientific certainty as the age of the earth, that will be my understanding. We are not at that point now and may never be. But to think that Genesis somehow transcends and overrides all science is not, IMO, a rational or necessary approach.

Reactions: Duck Muscles

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Peppered Moth

Genomes.
Convergent evolution, adaptive radiation, co-evolurion.
The peppered moth is not evolution but the results of pollution in industrial England.

The peppered moth had 2 colorations basically- light and dark. when the soot of industry darkened the trees the darker ones had better camouflage and the light ones decreased in numbers due to being more visible to be eaten. That is not evolution. They started as pepper moths and ended as pepper moths.

All the rest are theories and not evidence.

How about demonstrating the accepted evolutionary hypothesis that velociraptors evolved into birds.

or gills to lungs.

or fins to feet.

or limbs to wings

you knkow the big picture of evolution, where to put it into blue collar terms nonlife begat life and then went from goo to you by way of the zoo.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Microevolution - adaptive change - is established to a scientific certainty. There should be nothing disturbing about this even to a Young Earth Creationist.
And microevolution is better understood through Mendels Law than some kind of evolutionary adaptation. All creatures have a physical ability to adapt in a measure. But one experiment to do to show this is not evolution.

Take 10,000 chihuahuas, drop them into mid latitude Canada and see if they adapt and grow very long hair or go extinct.

And proven science shows macroevolution cannot take place.

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
The peppered moth is not evolution but the results of pollution in industrial England.

The peppered moth had 2 colorations basically- light and dark. when the soot of industry darkened the trees the darker ones had better camouflage and the light ones decreased in numbers due to being more visible to be eaten. That is not evolution. They started as pepper moths and ended as pepper moths.

All the rest are theories and not evidence.

How about demonstrating the accepted evolutionary hypothesis that velociraptors evolved into birds.

or gills to lungs.

or fins to feet.

or limbs to wings

you knkow the big picture of evolution, where to put it into blue collar terms nonlife begat life and then went from goo to you by way of the zoo.
I see.

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really?

I know that now everything is called evolution just like everything in climate is called climate change. Both are very deceptive and intentionally done to mislead people.

Biological evolution is scientifically and biologically impossible in the macro sense like apes became men, or fish to lizards or raptors to birds etc.etc.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really?

I know that now everything is called evolution just like everything in climate is called climate change. Both are very deceptive and intentionally done to mislead people.

Biological evolution is scientifically and biologically impossible in the macro sense like apes became men, or fish to lizards or raptors to birds etc.etc.
I think when science learns there is something like a 3% difference between Chimpanzee and human DNA, so called lay scientists may want to pay attention.

Egocentrism in the human leads us to think we and our every move need be watched closely by God, and is.

He created everything to operate under its own providence within his creation as the created. That includes changes, for those reactive to the word, evolution.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think when science learns there is something like a 3% difference between Chimpanzee and human DNA, so called lay scientists may want to pay attention.

Egocentrism in the human leads us to think we and our every move need be watched closely by God, and is.

He created everything to operate under its own providence within his creation as the created. That includes changes, for those reactive to the word, evolution.
1. that 3 % difference is enough information to fill up 40 new york city telephone books. If we were that close why can we not use pongid organs and skin on people for we reject them. But I have a cow valve in my heart, people have pigskin used to graft new skin etc.etc.

I do not believe it is egocentrism but simply believing Jesus:

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

Yes God did create the laws of nature and we do operate under those laws.

Yes we do see adaptation and variation within species and even genre. but they never go from fish to repitle or velociraptor to bird or whale to land mammal. There simpy is no evidence to show the massive genetic changes required to do that.

Even raptor to bird requires massive mutational change to accomplish. and given that science has proven that 99.4% of all mutations range form benign to lethal, the mutations would lead to extinction and not higher adaptation as they claim.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. that 3 % difference is enough information to fill up 40 new york city telephone books. If we were that close why can we not use pongid organs and skin on people for we reject them. But I have a cow valve in my heart, people have pigskin used to graft new skin etc.etc.

I do not believe it is egocentrism but simply believing Jesus:

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

Yes God did create the laws of nature and we do operate under those laws.

Yes we do see adaptation and variation within species and even genre. but they never go from fish to repitle or velociraptor to bird or whale to land mammal. There simpy is no evidence to show the massive genetic changes required to do that.

Even raptor to bird requires massive mutational change to accomplish. and given that science has proven that 99.4% of all mutations range form benign to lethal, the mutations would lead to extinction and not higher adaptation as they claim.
I think if we extricate God from changes he made to occur as necessary for those created things to continue as he wills because we have an aversion to the term, evolution, we lose the big picture. Because that word is allowed to overcome it.

The NY city phone book analogies are hogwash.

Reactions: Duck Muscles

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans are 90% genetically similar to cats (yay!) and 60% similar to fruit flies and bananas (hmmm). In fact, breed a cat with a banana and you'll get either a really ugly human or a really cute fruit fly.

Maybe it's time for me to go back to the thread about whether Christians should drink alcohol.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Video:

bYkzgveBrvAbbRR2dCAGNR-650-80.jpg

Illustration of the expansion of the Universe.
(Image credit: Mark Garlick/Science Photo Library via Getty Images)

3/14/24​

Astronomers have used the James Webb and Hubble space telescopes to confirm one of the most troubling conundrums in all of physics — that the universe appears to be expanding at bafflingly different speeds depending on where we look.

This problem, known as the Hubble Tension, has the potential to alter or even upend cosmology altogether. In 2019, measurements by the Hubble Space Telescope confirmed the puzzle was real; in 2023, even more precise measurements from the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) cemented the discrepancy.

Now, a triple-check by both telescopes working together appears to have put the possibility of any measurement error to bed for good. The study, published February 6 in the Astrophysical Journal Letters, suggests that there may be something seriously wrong with our understanding of the universe.

More at link:

I don't know why they're surprised. It's all theory for the most part.
Because there never was a Big Bang...

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if we extricate God from changes he made to occur as necessary for those created things to continue as he wills because we have an aversion to the term, evolution, we lose the big picture. Because that word is allowed to overcome it.

The NY city phone book analogies are hogwash.
you may think they are hogwash but go find out how much oinfo is in that 3.5 % difference between man and monkey!

Things have changed Birds have adapted beaks for differing diets, etc.etc. But all the evidence that is testable repeatable and observable is that a bird has always been abird, man always man etc.etc.

There is no evidence other than in the fertile imaginations of evolutionsits that life started as a microbe and blossomed in to today complexity through random mustions.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it sad how humans have much more faith in government, media, Big Pharma and science than God of the Bible!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because there never was a Big Bang...
Sure there was! God said "Let there be" and BANG!

Psalm 148:5
5 Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created.