Kundalini-spirituality-buddhism-yoga - evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zeth4500

Dec 24, 2023
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
hello, i have some times heard of these spiritual practices being rooted in witchcraft and demons, yoga being poses you assume to summon a certain spirit
i read up on kundalini awakening, which is what they call the final stage where you awaken and become blessed, reading into this it seems to be some type of demonic possession but im not completely sure what to think of it.
there seems to be a very strong sexual proponent of it, they generally agree that its more sexual pleasure than sex itself, which rings alarm bells in my mind, nothing should be more gratifying than the union of man and woman- right? this cannot be godly can it.
my fiancé practices yoga, and so i dont wanna make an assumption when raising concerns about something, what do you guys think? how dangerous is the concept of yoga to christianity? what stories of this have you heard?

now that i think of it, "new age" was founded by a witch, and a former satanist explained that they utilized it to steer concious people away from actually awakening and secretly practicing satanism- and it has strong ties to eastern practices such as.. yoga and the like
my writing is a bit of a mess because i woke up and reading into this is the start of my day and its very worrying as my fiancé enjoys doing yoga, its her routine and she has explained how she can get very deep in meditation after yoga, totally losing herself in it even - while meditation in itself is practised by many christians

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is going to practice Yoga poses, it should be divorced completely from any and all Eastern spiritual components. Yoga postures are beneficial and can lead to better health. But Yoga is usually associated with Hinduism and other philosophies that can be a gateway into all kinds of spiritual deception. If you stay away from the spiritual aspects there's nothing to worry about; Kundalini isn't going to creep up and grab you unexpectedly. People who raise Kundalini have been practicing Yoga a long time and do things to intentionally summon it; for example, holding certain poses for a very long time and meditating. If a Christian wants to do Yoga poses, I'd suggest thinking about the Lord and thanking Him for the good health He's given you, and all the other good things He's done. But I certainly wouldn't let it take over one's life; moderation, like any good exercise routine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeth4500

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- while meditation in itself is practised by many christians
The difference is that we Christians meditate on the Word of God. Have you ever read a single verse or two and mulled it over? That's meditating on God's Word.

We don't empty ourselves in Biblical meditation.

Reactions: Nancy

Zeth4500

Dec 24, 2023
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The difference is that we Christians meditate on the Word of God. Have you ever read a single verse or two and mulled it over? That's meditating on God's Word.

We don't empty ourselves in Biblical meditation.
so its more like a mantra with biblical verses? its thought to be negative to empty your head in meditation?

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so its more like a mantra with biblical verses? its thought to be negative to empty your head in meditation?

No, not a mantra. When you meditate on a scripture verse (mull it over, think upon it), I think it goes into your heart more.

No, not a mantra, just talking with God and thinking about His word. It's not about chanting a scripture verse over and over.
I agree.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buddhism is contradictory even to its own ideology.
Yoga is fabulous for improving circulation and health. You can do the poses without adhering to the ideology.

Hinduism is said to be the oldest religion on earth. They have millions of gods and goddesses in their pantheon because everything that exists is connected to a spirit.
Think Animism. Which is related to our faith in part since God tells us all that exists is of and from him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hello, i have some times heard of these spiritual practices being rooted in witchcraft and demons, yoga being poses you assume to summon a certain spirit
i read up on kundalini awakening, which is what they call the final stage where you awaken and become blessed, reading into this it seems to be some type of demonic possession but im not completely sure what to think of it.
there seems to be a very strong sexual proponent of it, they generally agree that its more sexual pleasure than sex itself, which rings alarm bells in my mind, nothing should be more gratifying than the union of man and woman- right? this cannot be godly can it.
my fiancé practices yoga, and so i dont wanna make an assumption when raising concerns about something, what do you guys think? how dangerous is the concept of yoga to christianity? what stories of this have you heard?

now that i think of it, "new age" was founded by a witch, and a former satanist explained that they utilized it to steer concious people away from actually awakening and secretly practicing satanism- and it has strong ties to eastern practices such as.. yoga and the like
my writing is a bit of a mess because i woke up and reading into this is the start of my day and its very worrying as my fiancé enjoys doing yoga, its her routine and she has explained how she can get very deep in meditation after yoga, totally losing herself in it even - while meditation in itself is practised by many christians
they are all demonic. Christians should meditate- on the Word and teh goodness of God, but never transcendental meditation.

Reactions: Cassandra and Debp