Living, working and praying from Mars

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a counterfeit new earth. thats God's job to make a new earth.
Why didn't God have more anything to say about space, specifically, and the planets?

It seems to me the whole space race concept is nothing God ever wanted us to have anything to do with.

Maybe it falls under worship of the stellar bodies.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't God have more anything to say about space, specifically, and the planets?

It seems to me the whole space race concept is nothing God ever wanted us to have anything to do with.

Maybe it falls under worship of the stellar bodies.

He did, pretty much all over Job

The Bible even describes the earth as a "sphere". Way, way before Columbus.

Job 38:31-32

“Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?"

Just an example, that's astronomy and it is cool.

Job 26:7

"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."

Reactions: Lambano

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do agree with this ^

It makes me uneasy.

And since NASA is in talks with theologians in case we come into contact with aliens, I feel even more uneasy.

What are they even doing anymore???

Ridiculous and doesn't help the world at all.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear there's pigs!
Tm-comp-Space-Pig-red-Circle.jpg

Space geek discovers a PIG on Mars in NASA pictures of the Red Planet.

This looks more like a smiling hedgehog. But maybe that's what they call their hedgehogs on Mars.
By the way I’m also a big fan of candles and of course their smell. Mmmm I love it.
But for Mars I can opt out to battery-operated candles. The batteries will have to be re-chargeable of course.

View attachment 19794

My wife bought me some of those for the bathroom a few years ago. I think they kinda bite, but I used to like burning candles in the dark while taking a bath, until she got on me about "The ceiling is turning black cuz you keep burning candles in here!!!"

End of a great era.

I hear you can't burn candles on Mars either. No freedom anywhere anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA and Lambano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a sidenote ...both frankincense and myrrh are anti-cancer.

What frankincense do you use? I have some, but I honestly don't think it smells all that great, to tell you te truth. I mean, it's aromatic and all, but I'm used to 21st century stuff, which smells a lot better IMO (I mean aside from the cancer thing).

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most importantly, who would supply the thieving pigeons with Lays from gas stations???

Hey Fluffy, did a gas station pigeon run up and fly away with your avatar or what? :eek:

While we're at it, maybe we can get THEE FAITH to find one as well. Something like 20 million posts and the man never bothered to find an avatar. :rolleyes:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What frankincense do you use? I have some, but I honestly don't think it smells all that great, to tell you te truth. I mean, it's aromatic and all, but I'm used to 21st century stuff, which smells a lot better IMO (I mean aside from the cancer thing).
Well, I just find one that's organic. I can look up the brand in a bit. I don't use it for the amazing smell. It's not a perfume. lol
I use it for it's medicinal properties and it's great for the skin ....taken internally, boswellia (Indian frankincense) is also anto cancer and anti inflammatory.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I just find one that's organic. I can look up the brand in a bit. I don't use it for the amazing smell. It's not a perfume. lol
I use it for it's medicinal properties and it's great for the skin ....taken internally, boswellia (Indian frankincense) is also anto cancer and anti inflammatory.

Oh. Ok, Lol.

I was going for the fragrance thing. Wasn't that its primary purpose back then, or no? (I would look it up, but since you seem up on the subject, I figure I'll just let you tell me).

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. Ok, Lol.

I was going for the fragrance thing. Wasn't that its primary purpose back then, or no? (I would look it up, but since you seem up on the subject, I figure I'll just let you tell me).
Well, it was used as perfume, as well as incense. And I use it in diffusers as well, with lavender and other oils.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it has to be strong. o_O

Incense was to be Sweet Incense, giving off a Sweet odor.
We know dead body’s were packed with sweet spices because of the Stench.
Wonder if the common man in Ancient days, (living in a desert), smelled pleasant inside of the Temple? Just saying. ;)

The point of the Incense, (likely to keep the stink of sweaty men tolerable)...was spiritually, to understand, The Temple was a House of Prayer, and the SMOKE of the incense RISING UP, to be a reminder of PRAYERS to God RISING UP to Heaven.