• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a topic I care to discuss. I am an eternalist which is neither side.
Texts used to support Calvin's doctrine are written from God's view of things.
Texts strickly Free Will are written from a Pastorial view.
All the texts are inspired by God.

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us. For if they had been of us, they would no doubt have remained with us; but that they may be manifest, that they are not all of us.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a topic I care to discuss. I am an eternalist which is neither side.
Texts used to support Calvin's doctrine are written from God's view of things.
Texts strickly Free Will are written from a Pastorial view.
All the texts are inspired by God.

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us. For if they had been of us, they would no doubt have remained with us; but that they may be manifest, that they are not all of us.
Bye....

But before you go I do wish that people would stop calling it Calvins doctrin when it properly should merely be called predestination.

John Calvin was an obviously sick man and Martin Luther also taught a form of predestination.

Hatfields and McCoys

I am neither.... not the way those on here believe....

But before you assume Free Will is not biblical... Do you honestly believe that while forming Eve from Adam that God instilled in them to sin? I believe it was by choice... the man snake knew how to get to the girl.
And she knew how to entice her husband.....

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bye....

But before you go I do wish that people would stop calling it Calvins doctrin when it properly should merely be called predestination.

John Calvin was an obviously sick man and Martin Luther also taught a form of predestination.

Hatfields and McCoys

I am neither.... not the way those on here believe....

But before you assume Free Will is not biblical... Do you honestly believe that while forming Eve from Adam that God instilled in them to sin? I believe it was by choice... the man snake knew how to get to the girl.
And she knew how to entice her husband.....
I have no problem with free will. I forget the main Free Will author who responded to Calvin. I no longer have John Wesley's set. There is a ministry in Flowerview Michigan that my wife had me donate thousands of books to. They set up Seminary libraries overseas where people can not affoard to buy books.
I like John's teachings on holiness.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last time I was forced to take an IQ series of tests, my scores were off the charts.