• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true, that is not how God says we are Born Again.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

You can’t look to the cross and believe without being Born Of The Spirit..Impossible .

We believe in Spirit..not in the human intellect...therefore your post is void of God’s truth.

It’s a big fat lie.

Human belief is no belief at all....we can only believe in the Spirit..all Biblical.

Without the Spirit of God you are none of His..just following man made doctrine.
Spirit gives birth to our dead spirit. But only when we look to the cross.

Jesus made that very clear. as moses lifted the serpent, so to must the son of man be lifted. that WHOEVER BELIEVES will never perish, but has life (eternal)

You skip this part of john 3, and in doing so miss the main point of how we are born again.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Spirit gives birth to our dead spirit. But only when we look to the cross.
No biblical
Jesus made that very clear. as moses lifted the serpent, so to must the son of man be lifted. that WHOEVER BELIEVES will never perish, but has life (eternal)

You skip this part of john 3, and in doing so miss the main point of how we are born again.
There is no skipping any scripture..Jesus tells Nicodemus how we are Born Again, which you don’t understand, that’s how I was Born Again ,having never read a Bible.

I was Born Of The Spirit just as Jesus says..

John 3:1-21​

English Standard Version​

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

The part you added on to how we are Born Of The Spirit...after Jesus told Nicodemus how we are Born Again, makes no sense to me.

Whoever believes in Jesus must be Born Again, before they can ever believe in the Living Spirit Of God...we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.

Which is the Living seed of God His Holy Spirit..

You cannot believe in Jesus without the witness ,the Holy Spirit, which you continue to deny.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No biblical
Yet Jesus said that very thing in John 3.

Its your view its not biblical. But your in error
There is no skipping any scripture..Jesus tells Nicodemus how we are Born Again, which you don’t understand, that’s how I was Born Again ,having never read a Bible.

The part you added on to how we are Born Of The Spirit...after Jesus told Nicodemus how we are Born Again, makes no sense to me.

You cannot believe in Jesus without the witness ,the Holy Spirit, which you continue to deny.
Yet you skip scripture.

Yes he told us HOW to be born again.

John 3: 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The son was sent to the world might be saved. How are they saved (born again) through faith in Christ.

Failure to believe is the reason of condemnation..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet Jesus said that very thing in John 3.

Its your view its not biblical. But your in error

Yet you skip scripture.

Yes he told us HOW to be born again.

John 3: 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
He has not believed because he has not been Born Of The Spirit

To believe in God one must be regenerated first..as we believe in our spirit, where the Holy Spirit is our witness, because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

The son was sent to the world might be saved. How are they saved (born again) through faith in Christ.

I have skipped no scripture.

You must be Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God.

We have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...that seed is the Living word of God...without the seed of God manifest in our hearts/ spirit.
..where does the seed liveth and abideth forever?

You seen stuck on a few verses of scripture.
Ones faith is in oneself..which is no faith at all.

The Living word of God backs up His written word.

We are Born Again by the Living word of God.

We are not Born Again by the written word?

Which means what?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don’t believe and can find nowhere in scripture that God says we choose to become Born Again..

What the believer chooses is "Faith in Christ"... and then God gives them the "new Birth".

"Faith comes by HEARING", The Gospel., and there are many ways to hear it.

Then..

"Faith is counted by God, as (Christ's) Righteousness."

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To believe in God one must be regenerated first..

God does not give forgiveness of sin, before a person gives God their Faith in Christ.

So, to be born again, is to be forgiven your sin, and that does not happen until you give God your FAITH, as that is why He gives the person His Salvation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What the believer chooses is "Faith in Christ"... and then God gives them the "new Birth".

"Faith comes by HEARING", The Gospel., and there are many ways to hear it.

Then..

"Faith is counted by God, as (Christ's) Righteousness."
That’s your opinion / testimony/ belief...I’ve posted mine above , all biblical.

We are Born Again of imperishable seed that is the Living word of God.

Faith is a gift from God a manifestation of the Spirit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has not believed because he has not been Born Of The Spirit

To believe in God one must be regenerated first..as we believe in our spirit, where the Holy Spirit is our witness, because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed?
who has not believed?

If you have not believed your still dead. Jesus said those who believe are raised to life and have life eternal.

I have skipped no scripture.

You must be Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God.
Amen

But you can;t stop there..

We have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...that seed is the Living word of God...without the seed of God manifest in our hearts/ spirit.
..where does the seed liveth and abideth forever?
Your stuck on that verse. while ignoring what Jesus said

Nicodemus asked, How can these things be.. Jesus answered him, You ignore the answer
You seen stuck on a few verses of scripture.
Ones faith is in oneself..which is no faith at all.
My faith is in God. Not myself.
The Living word of God backs up His written word.

We are Born Again by the Living word of God.

We are not Born Again by the written word?

Which means what?
Yes, The living word of God backs his written word.

Jesus tells us how.

Now you can ignore what jesus said, or you can take it in faith and cherish it Like I do

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God does not give forgiveness of sin, before a person gives God their Faith in Christ.

So, to be born again, is to be forgiven your sin, and that does not happen until you give God your FAITH, as that is why He gives the person His Salvation.
God forgives our sin when he brings us to repentance, initially believe in Jesus, then he gives birth to our spirit, Spirit gives birth to spirit...

Faith is a gift from God, no one would know how to give God their faith, that is man made doctrine imo.

God is the initiator and the Living Spirit gives birth to spirit..how man can ever believe he can do that is beyond my comprehension.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen,

he would be making them alive while still dead in sin.

He would have to go against his own justice..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
who has not believed?
How can you believe without the Spirit?

You must be Born Again to be able to believe...as Gods word says, we must have the Spirit, without the Spirit, we are still dead and alienated from God.

If you have not believed your still dead. Jesus said those who believe are raised to life and have life eternal.

Amen

But you can;t stop there..

Your stuck on that verse. while ignoring what Jesus said
You are ignoring how I was Born Again having never read a Bible ,just as Jesus explains to Nicodemus...what is Jesus saying to Nicodemus in the scripture that I posted?
Nicodemus asked, How can these things be.. Jesus answered him, You ignore the answer

My faith is in God. Not myself.

Yes, The living word of God backs his written word.

Jesus tells us how.

Now you can ignore what jesus said, or you can take it in faith and cherish it Like I do
That is how you understand that you believe you are Born Again.

I’ve just explained how I was Born Again of imperishable seed...are you able to answer my questions that I posted?

Reactions: Rockerduck

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God forgives our sin when he brings us to repentance, initially believe in Jesus,

Yes, WE believe........
That is not the same as.. "God caused me to believe". "or i could not have believed".......as that is Calvinism.

then he gives birth to our spirit, Spirit gives birth to spirit...

Yes, we are born again by the Holy Spirit.

Faith is a gift from God, no one would know how to give God their faith, that is man made doctrine imo.

Believing.....is Trust.

Everyone can believe.......

Some People who are not saved, believe that Islam is True.
Some People who are saved, believe that there is no Rapture.

We can all believe, whatever we want to believe... and we all do......but its to BELIEVE IN JESUS, that is what a person does, when the HS reveals what they are to BELIEVE.

Preachers preach, what God wants us to BELIEVE.... = The Gospel.

THEY believe.... That is Not God causing them to Believe it. That is the person believing it, because God showed them what to believe.

Not all will believe, even tho they KNOW its TRUE

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, WE believe........
That is not the same as.. "God caused me to believe". "or i could not have believed".......as that is Calvinism.

Rita reply
No we initially believe in Jesus..because God brought us to believe..you wouldn’t know how to believe in Jesus without the Spirit

Yes, we are born again by the Holy Spirit.
We are Born Again by the Living Holy Spirit, we aren’t Born Again by the written word.
Believing.....is Trust.
There is no trust without the Spirit, we learn to trust after we have been Born Of The Spirit...you cannot trust God, unless one is Born Again of imperishable seed.?

You don’t know God without His Spirit....in the human intellect is not knowing Gods Living Spirit...
Everyone can believe.......
No they can’t...everyone cannot believe in the Spirit Of God, because they are alienated from his Living Spirit....we are brought to believe by the Spirit of God...you can’t believe that Jesus is who he says he is without his witness, the Holy Spirit?..who witnesses Gods written word to our spirit?

Who witnesses Gods Living word?
People who are not saved, believe that Islam is True.
People who are saved, believe that there is no Rapture.
We aren’t saved not until we are Born Again then we are saved from eternal damnation.
We can all believe, whatever we want to believe... and we all do......but its to BELIEVE IN JESUS, that is what a person does, when the HS reveals what they are to BELIEVE.
Not biblical.
THEY believe.... That is Not God causing the to Believe it. That is the person believing it, because God showed them what to believe.
You can initially believe...but, you can’t believe in Spirit, unless one is Born Of The Spirit.
Not all will believe, even tho they KNOW its TRUE
Know one knows Gods truth, not until by his mercy and grace decides to Birth us in the Spirit...Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you believe without the Spirit?
You wont GET the spirit UNTIL you believe

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

The spirit declares the glory of God to everyone. If you do not believe, you will be judged for rejecting the spirit

You must be Born Again to be able to believe...as Gods word says, we must have the Spirit, without the Spirit, we are still dead and alienated from God.
No, We are not born again UNTIL we believe. God will not make you alive while still under the penalty of sin.;
You are ignoring how I was Born Again having never read a Bible ,just as Jesus explains to Nicodemus...what is Jesus saying to Nicodemus in the scripture that I posted?
How you were born again? There is only one way to be born again, If you reject that way, Your not born again
That is how you understand that you believe you are Born Again.

I’ve just explained how I was Born Again of imperishable seed...are you able to answer my questions that I posted?
You were not born again unless you trusted God. Your still dead in your sin.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You wont GET the spirit UNTIL you believe

Not biblical ....

Belief in the Spirit Of God comes after we have been Born Of The Spirit.

Our spirit must be Born Again by the Living word of God.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
You believe once one has been Born Again, you can’t know God or trust God without being Born Again by His Living Spirit...we can only believe in the Spirit once we have been Born Again of imperishable seed?
The spirit declares the glory of God to everyone. If you do not believe, you will be judged for rejecting the spirit

No, We are not born again UNTIL we believe. God will not make you alive while still under the penalty of sin.;

How you were born again? There is only one way to be born again, If you reject that way, Your not born again
There is indeed only one way to be Born Again, by the Living word of God...Spirit gives birth to spirit?
I’ve already explained how I was Born Again, which seemed to have gone straight over your head.

You were not born again unless you trusted God. Your still dead in your sin.
Once again you have avoided my questions and just voiced your own opinion

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not biblical
In your view
You believe once one has been Born Again, you can’t know God or trust God without being Born Again by His Living Spirit...we can only believe in the Spirit once we have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

Once again you have avoided my questions and just voiced your own opinion
lol. I answered your question many times

The imperishable seed is the cross. The spirit is the giver. and new birth and eternal life is the end result

Your not born again UNTIL you believe. God will not go against his own justice..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In your view

lol. I answered your question many times

The imperishable seed is the cross. The spirit is the giver. and new birth and eternal life is the end result
Please post scripture where Gods word says that the imperishable is the cross? thanks.

How can we be Born Again of the cross.

The imperishable seed that we are Born Again Of is the Living Holy Spirit, His seed is planted into our hearts, where it liveth and abideth forever.
Your not born again UNTIL you believe. God will not go against his own justice..
How can you believe without the Spirit of God?..

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are Born Again by the Living Holy Spirit, we aren’t Born Again by the written word.

"""""Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy God saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost""""

"It pleased God... by the foolishness of PREACHING (The word) to SAVE THOSE who BELIEVE" "what they heard"

"Faith comes by HEARING"...

There is no trust without the Spirit, we learn to trust after we have been Born Of The Spirit...

Impossible,
as born again, can't happen, if you have SIN.. And for you to not have sin, you have to give God your Faith in Christ first, so that..

= "Fatih is counted by God"....and then He will forgive your sin, and THEN He gives you the New Birth.

You don’t know God without His Spirit....in the human intellect is not knowing Gods Living Spirit...

The Devil knows God.
He can tell you all about God, as He was once in Heaven leading worship.

So, to believe in Jesus, .. is the person's Faith.........and this Faith comes by "hearing the Gospel".

At some point, a person comes into contact with the understanding of the CROSS, and that is the Holy Spirit that is revealing the meaning of The Cross....Of Jesus's Sacrifice.
And they SEE IT.....but that is not the same as believing it.

So, at that moment they can TRUST in Christ or they can pass and not trust.

Both are possible because free will gives us the right to choose what we believe.

One person can know about Christ, by revelation, exactly as the one sitting next to them, on a pew, in a Church.

The Same Holy Spirit is revealing the Same Cross of Christ to them both, and one says..>"SAVE ME";,, and one says '"im too young, i want to have more fun, and later i'll do that".

No they can’t...everyone cannot believe in the Spirit Of God, because they are alienated from his Living Spirit.

Being a unsaved sinner does not deny a person the ability to have faith in Christ.

We aren’t saved not until we are Born Again then we are saved from eternal damnation.

No one who is born again, can go to Hell, as they are no longer under God's wrath .

Only the unbelievers are waiting to die and go to Hell.

You can initially believe...but, you can’t believe in Spirit,

A person hears me preach.'
I tell them that they need Jesus, because they are a sinner and they need to be forgiven.

God shows them, inside them, by revelation, that what i told them is True.

How they choose to deal with that Truth, is their Choice, not God's.

God's Choice was for me to tell them about Jesus, and God's choice was to reveal that my words are TRUTH.

Their choice, is to TRUST in what God has revealed to them, by my Preaching., or not to trust.

Know one knows Gods truth, not until by his mercy and grace decides to Birth us in the Spirit.

Before there was "theology".. before there were 300 bibles .. there was just "Jesus SAVES"... do you want to be saved". "Here is how".

Just the simple "preaching of the Cross"...

And God will take that word, and reveal it to everyone who hears it....but he wont make them TRUST.

He only shows us what is TRUE, and then we decide to TRUST in Christ.... or to pass.

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please post scripture where Gods word says that the imperishable is the cross? thanks.
I have been posting it this whole time

When nicodemus asked how these things can be 9the imperishable seed) Jesus answered that he had to be lifted on the cross, as moses raised the serpent. so that whoever believes will nto die

The reason anyone will nto suffer the second death judgment is because of the cross..

But God will not force you to believe, you must chose
How can you believe without the Spirit of God?..
How can you not believe even though the spirit is convicting you?

People do it every day, Read the book of John, People saw Jesus do things of the spirit, yet hardened their heart so hard that even raising Lazarus from the dead did nto convince them

Hence they commited the unpardonable sin

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"""""Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy God saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost""""
God saved us from eternal damnation, when he made us Born Again by His Living word.
"It pleased God... by the foolishness of PREACHING (The word) to SAVE THOSE who BELIEVE" "what they heard"

"Faith comes by HEARING"...
Faith is a gift from God a manifestation of the Spirit.biblical.
Impossible,
as born again, can't happen, if you have SIN.. And for you to not have sin, you have to give God your Faith in Christ first, so that..
Our sins are forgiven once God brings us to repentance...your post is not biblical, that’s why it’s confusing.
= "Fatih is counted by God"....and then He will forgive your sin, and THEN He gives you the New Birth.
Again not biblical...we are Born Again by the Living word of God.
The Devil knows God.
He can tell you all about God, as He was once in Heaven leading worship.

So, to believe in Jesus, .. is the person's Faith.........and this Faith comes by "hearing the Gospel".
You can’t believe in God without His Spirit..impossible.
At some point, a person comes into contact with the understanding of the CROSS, and that is the Holy Spirit that is revealing the meaning of The Cross....Of Jesus's Sacrifice.
And they SEE IT.....but that is not the same as believing it.
Not biblical.your own teachings, very confusing imo.
So, at that moment they can TRUST in Christ or they can pass and not trust.

Both are possible because free will gives us the right to choose what we believe.

One person can know about Christ, by revelation, exactly as the one sitting next to them, on a pew, in a Church.

The Same Holy Spirit is revealing the Same Cross of Christ to them both, and one says..>"SAVE ME";,, and one says '"im too young, i want to have more fun, and later i'll do that".
Again your opinion.
Being a unsaved sinner does not deny a person the ability to have faith in Christ.
We wouldn’t know how to have faith in Christ without His Spirit..Faith is a gift from God.
No one who is born again, can go to Hell, as they are no longer under God's wrath .

Only the unbelievers are waiting to die and go to Hell.
No one who is Born Again by the Living Spirit..can go to hell.
A person hears me preach.'
I tell them that they need Jesus, because they are a sinner and they need to be forgiven.

God shows them, inside them, by revelation, that what i told them is True.
That is not being Born Of The Spirit...
How they choose to deal with that Truth, is their Choice, not God's.

God's Choice was for me to tell them about Jesus, and God's choice was to reveal that my words are TRUTH.

Their choice, is to TRUST in what God has revealed to them, by my Preaching., or not to trust.

Before there was "theology".. before there were 300 bibles .. there was just "Jesus SAVES"... do you want to be saved".

Just the simple "preaching of the Cross"...

And God will take that word, and reveal it to everyone who hears it....but he wont make them TRUST.

He only shows us what is TRUE, and then we decide to TRUST or to pass.
Again that’s not showing how we are Born Of The Spirit.

Reactions: Rockerduck