More afraid of Jesus than of a whole army

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Valleus says that in Judea he met a man called Jesus of Nazareth, who was one of the most remarkable characters he had ever seen; that he was more afraid of Jesus than of a whole army, for he cured all manner of diseases and raised the dead, and when he cursed the orchards or fruit-trees for their barrenness, they instantly withered to their roots, After referring to the wonderful work of Jesus, he says that, although Jesus had such power, he did not use it to injure any one, but seemed always inclined to help the poor. Valleus says the Jews were divided in their opinion of him., the poorer class claiming him as their king and their deliverer from Roman authority, and that if Jesus should raise an army and give it the power he could sweep the world in a single day; but the rich Jews hated and cursed 'him behind him back, and called him an Egyptian necromancer, though they were as afraid of him as of death. - Valleus Paterculus, B. 72, found in the Vatican at Rome

Reactions: MatthewG

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Valleus says that in Judea he met a man called Jesus of Nazareth, who was one of the most remarkable characters he had ever seen; that he was more afraid of Jesus than of a whole army, for he cured all manner of diseases and raised the dead, and when he cursed the orchards or fruit-trees for their barrenness, they instantly withered to their roots, After referring to the wonderful work of Jesus, he says that, although Jesus had such power, he did not use it to injure any one, but seemed always inclined to help the poor. Valleus says the Jews were divided in their opinion of him., the poorer class claiming him as their king and their deliverer from Roman authority, and that if Jesus should raise an army and give it the power he could sweep the world in a single day; but the rich Jews hated and cursed 'him behind him back, and called him an Egyptian necromancer, though they were as afraid of him as of death. - Valleus Paterculus, B. 72, found in the Vatican at Rome

Interesting read.

Reactions: rockytopva

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hoax. Fake news. Sorry.

Valleus Paterculus was genuine, this story is not.

Do your research and use some discernment, folks.

This reminds me of my time in the JFK conspiracy community, as described in my blog. Some completely false factoid gets repeated in 50 books and 100 articles and 1000 internet sites and becomes Conspiracy Gospel.

Reactions: Adrift

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A colleague sent me this the other day.

Hoax or legitimate?
Well, Ron Wyatt died in 1999 and the Blood of Jesus thing doesn't even make the Wikipedia article about his assorted wild claims, so I'm guessing it was either ketchup or Tabasco,

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
I'd appreciate serious responses to this inquiry. I'm surprised at the degrading humor considering the issue.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hoax (blood) - although I'd love for it to be true. Why haven't CBN and other Christian media reported on it?

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark

Wyatt passed in 1999. He was the inspiration behind the Indiana Jones movie character.

Skeptics have claimed there is no way 2000 year old blood could be typed and tested.
Skeptics.

If we're talking about the son of God, we're talking about anything is possible.

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wyatt passed in 1999. He was the inspiration behind the Indiana Jones movie character.

Skeptics have claimed there is no way 2000 year old blood could be typed and tested.
Skeptics.

If we're talking about the son of God, we're talking about anything is possible.
Possible, but not probable.