Most accurate modern translation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we should ever bump into each other in heaven it will go like this. I will be sitting maybe on a rock near you sipping on some green tea and you will say all so softly and gentle like that you were a gazillion percent so sure that Jesus was God. And then you will say... but I was so wrong and you were right all along.
And Jesus will tell you" friend how did you get in here without a wedding garment"
And since you deny Him...He will deny you.
You were shown hands down that Jesus was with God in the beginning, and ALL THINGS were created by Him.
But it is your choice to deny Jesus.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such vehemence! Grief!

This is the second post of yours that I’ve read, but you provide no Scriptural evidence to support your claims… all you’re doing is ranting & attacking.

People act this way, when their argument is weak. I must assume yours is, too.

You say “true Christian religion”. What would that be to you?

I notice you don’t offer an alternative.

Have one?
Weak?
"Let us make man in our image"

John 1
Jesus is the creator.

Facts are watchtower impasse

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is The" us"?.
Who is the "our image"

He’s talking to Himself, then? So we have a God that’s schizophrenic?

Either that, or God is just talking to someone else.
Silly rabbit... God may have been a Brit and was using the Royal "We". :jest:

Jimmy's men should have picked up on that... with their other errors. :Laughingoutloud:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only false religions and cults deny the Holy Trinity. If you've never been baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, you are not baptized. All 3 were at Jesus's baptism. IF the Holy Spirit has talked to you, then you know, because He's talked to me.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only false religions and cults deny the Holy Trinity. If you've never been baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, you are not baptized. All 3 were at Jesus's baptism. IF the Holy Spirit has talked to you, then you know, because He's talked to me.
So if we are just baptized in Jesus name we are nto Baptized?

Would it even matter, since water baptism is a sign of the spiritual baptism, which only God the HOLY Spirit can do.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if we are just baptized in Jesus name we are nto Baptized?

Would it even matter, since water baptism is a sign of the spiritual baptism, which only God the HOLY Spirit can do.
Matthew:

Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,

Make no mistake. This is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but certainly if our savior said to do it that way... it was important.

Even at His own baptism The Father spoke and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him.

Why would you not want that?

Reactions: Rockerduck

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plainly stated.

Mathew 28:18-20 - And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures for what? That God exists!!! Ok! Start in Geneses and read to Revelation. Let me know when you are done. The Jehovah’s Witnesses is a religion of lies and apply their beliefs in a deceptive manner that they practice to deceive others.

Their founder Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916) was a liar with big issues. There is no Professor of Greek that looks at their translation favorably. They keep the interventionists busy. And like I said I was there I witnessed them practice twisting the scriptures and practicing to deceive people to let them in their homes.

The religion originated in the mid 19th century and was not based on any Christian religious beliefs before that. Considering their beliefs are based on one man and considering their practices it would be fair to classify them as a cult. Cults persecute those that leave their religion as the Jehovah’s Witnesses do. They will even excommunicate family members. They have a tendency to be abusive within their religion, hence the need for interventionists and at times the need for law enforcement. It is an evil religion and all of this I have seen for myself.

I have a friend that use to run recovery ranches for young adults and I have talked to some of the runaways from the Jehovah’s Witnesses and sometimes requested to talk to them by law enforcement. And some of their minds were so twisted that they may be in therapy for life.

One little female told me that her father tied her naked to a tree in the winter as a punishment and beat her mother for trying to untie her. Of course I heard stories of sexual abuse of girls and boys, but then that happens in any religion. But what is unique with the Jehovah’s Witnesses is that the family will allow it to continue and will not report it and their chuch will even defend them. One girl in her teens told me that her father made her sleep with him and his wife and that started when she was six and lasted until she was 15 and she ran away. That one made the local papers when the father and mother were arrested. Like I said, I have witnessed all of this.

I was at a church when a runaway wife showed up crying and asking for help….runaway she was on foot. Then her husband made the mistake of showing up and trying to drag her out in the middle of the service. It was a good thing that a couple state troopers were there because I was going to pick him up by his throat. The troopers arrested him and child services rescued the children.

Jehovah’s Witness Sex Abuse Lawsuits - LevyLaw

Jehovah's Witnesses' handling of child sex abuse - Wikipedia

Hidden Abuse Under the Watchtower Archives - Reveal

159 report being sexually abused as Jehovah’s Witnesses | The Asahi Shimbun: Breaking News, Japan News and Analysis

Former Pa. Jehovah's Witness pleads guilty to sexually assaulting 2 children

How Common Is Jehovah’s Witness Child Sexual Abuse?

And this is a short list. Type sexual molestation in the jehovah’s witnesses on the web to get a longer list.
As with any large, global organization, there are unscrupulous individuals….

There are some bad individuals that have been found among Jehovah’s people?

What happens to the ones that have been found in ours? They are disfellowshipped!! Removed!!

The very procedure that you were ranting against!

Removing wicked people from our midst keeps the congregation clean, and it is a Divine arrangement. (1 Corinthians 5 provides some details.)

I hope you can find some peace.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens to the ones that have been found in ours? They are disfellowshipped!! Removed!!

That is the problem they are not removed. And that is what makes them different than most all other religions, except the Catholic Church which also retains and protects sex offenders. The cases noted are not ancient events, they recently happened and are happening.

Again I am going to remind you that I know these people and their religion. The Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Halls are very tolerant of abusive behavior and sexual abuse seeing that as a private internal family matter. Besides that the Kingdom Hall congregations require 2 witnesses with proof because this happens behind closed doors it is hard to prove. So getting removed from the congregation? Rarely happens, if at all. Now there is part of this that doesn’t add up. Jehovah’s Witnesses are mostly pacifistic …..non-violent, but not with their families, how does that work?

A former Jehovah’s Witness managed to escape and divorce her husband and she had a 15 year old daughter that mostly stayed with her dad and the mother had seen him molester her several times. (Now regular Christians will wonder why a mother would do that, Jehovah’s Witnesses will understand.)

The mother was a singer and musician so you know how that went over. (Not to say that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not sing or play any music.)

Mark Twain National Forrest….and she lived about a mile down the road from my dad. My dad had a lot of friends that would come over and play Bluegrass country and Gospel music…a lot of talent and a yard full of cars and trucks and lots of food. And one day she decided to stop and she became part of the group. Something that she really needed for more that one reason. Talented lady that had a beautiful and strong singing voice. I told her more than once she could be a millionaire if she went professional.

One of the weekends that she had her daughter, the mother asked me to talk to her. I knew what I was getting into. She got confrontational with her mother and me right off. The conversation was short and to the point, she said, I am proud to love my dad and I go to his bed, he does not come to mine. Well I believe in being prepared for what to say ….but in that moment I was speechless. As far as I know that continued on. And he and his daughter where very active in the Kingdom Hall.

Keeping things in perspective: This is not about hating Jehovah’s Witnesses. I have strong beliefs about not hating….but that does not mean I am non-violent, in the military I did what was right. Part of my ministry is about exposing false beliefs and that includes religions that can lead people to Hell. But that does not mean that overall Jehovah’s Witnesses are not good people. I have known a lot of Jehovah’s Witnesses that were good people, my aunt was one of them. But most Christians are going to find them a little quirky. My aunt had breast cancer and had a rough go of it because their religion does not allow blood transfusions. And so you know, there are people with similar beliefs that are not actual Jehovah’s Witnesses, but it is all the same, they are headed to Hell.

When I was in college I wrote an essay on “Good people in Hell” Good people in Hell are trophies on Satan’s shelf. And as far as the Jews and the Jehovah’s Witnesses, believing in God the Father will not save them from Hell….You got to believe in God the Son to be saved from Hell OR go to Heaven….As it all worked out, it was God the Son that opened the gates of Heaven to humanity.

So some Jehovah’s Witnesses will find all this offensive. No apologies given because if I can save a few by shaking their tree in this life, that is a trophy on my shelf and in the afterlife they will be glad I did.

Christianity is a virtual smorgasbord of beliefs, that will save you from Hell and get you to Heaven….Please pick one….your soul depends on it.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mathew 28:18-20 - And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying,
“All authority

has been given to Me….“​

Yes, all authority has been given to Jesus.

Since when does God need authority to be given to Him?

God always had it.

And God - Jesus’ God - gave it to Jesus, His first-born Son.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

has been given to Me….“​

God always had it.

I quoted scripture. You are arguing against scripture.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

has been given to Me….“​

God always had it.

If you were giving advice to someone, or thellling them what to do, and who you talked to asked you where do you get your information from, would you not say, perhaps, My teacher, professor, or even wife siad this is the way to do things.... or would you simply say.... Hey man, it's common sense. Listen to me not those pharisees?

Jesus was wallking the earth as a man. Eating, drinking, sleeping attending weddings.

If He were to tell folks yada yada... and they said "Hey Jesus. You are not my mother or my wife or my boss dont be telling me what to do.... The only response should be Jesus saying All authority was given to me.

He should not say anything else.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

has been given to Me….“​

God always had it.

If God gave Jesus authority after he was raised from the dead. Then does that mean Jesus did not have it until God gave it to him?

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

has been given to Me….“​

God always had it.

The Son created all things.
It always goes back to "was he created or the creator"
Once we properly acknowledge His deity, the rest falls in place.
You are trying to mentally unpack what the bible says about Jesus.
If you do not acknowledge that fact and deny worship to the creator, you deny Jesus.
That is your eternal dilemma.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God gave Jesus authority after he was raised from the dead. Then does that mean Jesus did not have it until God gave it to him?
If you do not acknowledge that fact and deny worship to the creator, you deny Jesus.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

has been given to Me….“​

God always had it.

What case are you trying to make?
Is Jesus who the bible says He is?
The creator?
Once we establish that FACT.
We can shelve all the side trails hoping one verse voids out another.
You can not honestly deny who the creator is, even though you do hope to diminish Him.
When he emptied himself, he laid down Heaven and his form.
In no way did his deity change.
If He is not worshipped, He is denied.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

has been given to Me….“​

God always had it.

"He spoke to them and said, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.” Here He is expanding on the authority that He has constantly revealed throughout His life so that this is a powerful and strong statement. It is declaring that He has been openly proclaimed as King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Rev 19:16), that nothing now remains outside His control (Eph 1:19-23), that He is Lord of Heaven and earth (compare Mat 11:25; and see Act 17:24) and that He has received again the glory which was His before the world was (Joh 17:5). Paul thus tells us that He rose above all the powers of the heavens and that all principalities and powers in heavenly places were made subject to Him (Eph 1:21-23). As regards earth His Kingly Rule, which had been revealed especially in His power over evil spirits (Mat 12:28), has been established and confirmed. The picture is thus of the Son of Man who as Israel’s king has come out of suffering to the throne of God to receive His worldwide and eternal Kingly Rule and glory and dominion (Dan 7:14). The child Who was born and the Son Who was given has had the government put on His shoulders so that He might reign over the whole sphere of His Kingly Rule (Isa 9:6-7). God has highly exalted Him and given Him the Name which is above every Name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, with the result that He has been declared to be ‘Lord’ (YHWH) (Php 2:9-11). Men had refused Him that authority, but God has confirmed it and it is now to be manifested so that all men will be shortly made aware of it (compare Mat 26:64), and never more so than when the wind and fire descended on His disciples in the Temple area (Acts 2). For Kingly Rule belongs to the Lord, and He rules over the nations (Psa 22:28), and YHWH has set His king upon His holy hill (Psa 2:6). Thus the world will never be the same again, for Jesus is King and is at work among men. He Who refused Satan’s offer of all the kingdoms of the world if He would rule them in his way (Mat 4:8) has received something greater than even Satan could have imagined. He is King of both Heaven and earth." Peter Pett Commentary

"The power and authority which he asserts to himself is, All power both in heaven and earth, Act 10:36,42; Eph 1:20-22; power of remission of sins, Luk 24:47, of congregating, teaching, and governing his church; a power to give eternal life to whomsoever he pleased. This was inherent in him as God blessed for ever, given to him as our Mediator and Redeemer, given him when he came into the world, but more especially confirmed to him and manifested to be given him at his resurrection and ascension, Phi 2:9,10. Having declared his power, he delegates it." Matthew Poole Commentary

The exact phrase "firstborn son" is in reference to the virgin Mary, not Yahweh -
"And she brought forth her firstborn son; and she wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7 ERV)

The Son of God, "who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him; and he is before all things, and in him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." (Col 1:15-18 ERV)
from another translation of this passage
"He is the image of the invisible God; his is the primacy over all created things. In him everything in heaven and on earth was created, not only things visible but also the invisible orders of thrones, sovereignties, authorities, and powers: the whole universe has been created through him and for him. And he exists before everything, and all things are held together in him. He is, moreover, the head of the body, the church. He is its origin, the first to return from the dead, to be in all things alone supreme." (Col. 1:15-18 New English Bible)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made." (John 1:1-3 ERV)

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see neither. Not created and not the creator. He was born like all humans.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see neither. Not created and not the creator. He was born like all humans.
Then you deny the word of God.
Who was with God at creation? In genesis
Who in John 1 created all things.
There is no clever way around it.
You blatantly deny who the creator is.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He spoke to them and said, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.” Here He is expanding on the authority that He has constantly revealed throughout His life so that this is a powerful and strong statement. It is declaring that He has been openly proclaimed as King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Rev 19:16), that nothing now remains outside His control (Eph 1:19-23), that He is Lord of Heaven and earth (compare Mat 11:25; and see Act 17:24) and that He has received again the glory which was His before the world was (Joh 17:5). Paul thus tells us that He rose above all the powers of the heavens and that all principalities and powers in heavenly places were made subject to Him (Eph 1:21-23). As regards earth His Kingly Rule, which had been revealed especially in His power over evil spirits (Mat 12:28), has been established and confirmed. The picture is thus of the Son of Man who as Israel’s king has come out of suffering to the throne of God to receive His worldwide and eternal Kingly Rule and glory and dominion (Dan 7:14). The child Who was born and the Son Who was given has had the government put on His shoulders so that He might reign over the whole sphere of His Kingly Rule (Isa 9:6-7). God has highly exalted Him and given Him the Name which is above every Name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, with the result that He has been declared to be ‘Lord’ (YHWH) (Php 2:9-11). Men had refused Him that authority, but God has confirmed it and it is now to be manifested so that all men will be shortly made aware of it (compare Mat 26:64), and never more so than when the wind and fire descended on His disciples in the Temple area (Acts 2). For Kingly Rule belongs to the Lord, and He rules over the nations (Psa 22:28), and YHWH has set His king upon His holy hill (Psa 2:6). Thus the world will never be the same again, for Jesus is King and is at work among men. He Who refused Satan’s offer of all the kingdoms of the world if He would rule them in his way (Mat 4:8) has received something greater than even Satan could have imagined. He is King of both Heaven and earth." Peter Pett Commentary

"The power and authority which he asserts to himself is, All power both in heaven and earth, Act 10:36,42; Eph 1:20-22; power of remission of sins, Luk 24:47, of congregating, teaching, and governing his church; a power to give eternal life to whomsoever he pleased. This was inherent in him as God blessed for ever, given to him as our Mediator and Redeemer, given him when he came into the world, but more especially confirmed to him and manifested to be given him at his resurrection and ascension, Phi 2:9,10. Having declared his power, he delegates it." Matthew Poole Commentary

The exact phrase "firstborn son" is in reference to the virgin Mary, not Yahweh -
"And she brought forth her firstborn son; and she wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7 ERV)

The Son of God, "who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him; and he is before all things, and in him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." (Col 1:15-18 ERV)
from another translation of this passage
"He is the image of the invisible God; his is the primacy over all created things. In him everything in heaven and on earth was created, not only things visible but also the invisible orders of thrones, sovereignties, authorities, and powers: the whole universe has been created through him and for him. And he exists before everything, and all things are held together in him. He is, moreover, the head of the body, the church. He is its origin, the first to return from the dead, to be in all things alone supreme." (Col. 1:15-18 New English Bible)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made." (John 1:1-3 ERV)
But, but, but, watchtower ( wink wink peter and auntie) need all that changed.
They can't process it, so could you just change the bible or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.