Preaching About Sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ohhh, so the whipping Jesus received along with all the other abuse was somehow only potential?
Yes it was. Jesus was not the atonement for all sins but the propitiation for all sins. there is a difference.

It goes from potential payment to actual payment when one trusts in the death and resurrection of Jesus for the payment for their sin.

Let me give you an example. Someone comes to you and says I have $1,000,000 for you. all you have to do is receive it. Until you REACH OUT TO RECEIVE IT IS ONLY POTENTIALLY YOURS. WHEN YOU REACH OUT AND RECEIVE IT THEN BECOMES YOURS

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should someone who was once a sinner....preach about sin?.....condemn those who do sin, who are still in sin, when they too were once a sinner....I’m just trying to understand .
It may be necessary to tell someone that they're going the wrong way and they need to turn around. Can you do that, not with condemnation, but with kindness and humility?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It may be necessary to tell someone that they're going the wrong way and they need to turn around. Can you do that, not with condemnation, but with kindness and humility?

That is a hard one, I don’t think I’ve ever been led to tell someone they are going the wrong way, only the Spirit can point them to that.

What gets to me, is when one starts telling you, that you are this that and the other, that’s like holding a red flag up to my face and because I was brought up on my emotions/ feelings, ...I start believing that lie, well, I’ve got news for the enemy in them..,,I’m on to you!!...xx

I believe I speak from my heart, I’m allowed to do that on here, as long as I don’t get abusive , I’m a very simple person and I don’t need a theology degree to know that I am Born Again and don’t sin..my testimony and belief.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Should someone who was once a sinner....preach about sin?...

If you are referring to a person who is now born again, but use to be an unbeliever, a "sinner".
Then that person, has been given a mission.

Its called the "ministry of the reconciliation".

That is to "go into all the world", and tell sinners, how to be SAVED, born again... and go to Heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:19

..condemn those who do sin, who are still in sin, when they too were once a sinner....I’m just trying to understand .

The "condemnation" ""Jesus said is that they loved Darkness and didnt want LIGHT"

"Jesus is the Light of the World" and the "world knew Him not"... John 1:10

So, when we try to reach the lost with The Cross, we are to love them, and that is not to condemn them..

Jesus said we are "salt and Light" in this world, so we are the LIGHTHOUSE< that is leading the damned out of Hell, as they are on their way.. as they are already condemned by God.

John 3:36

The Unbelievers, need to know that The Cross is God's love for them.
So, when we share Jesus, we need to share Him as "God loves you". "Look what Jesus did for you" to PROVE that God loves you....

I was once a sinner....should I preach to my children regarding their sin....wouldn’t that be hypocritical?

Your life in Christ should be something they recognize is related to God and Christ.

Lets say that someone is a Grandmother and has 6 Grandchildren, and they are all, less the 16, but all older then 14.
So, if none of the Grandchildren are born again, then they are unbelievers, so their reaction to "lets go visit Grandma", is..

"We love her, but we can't do anything there, as she is , you know.... on of those Christians"

See that? That is proof that Grandma's influence is God centered and its already affecting them all.

Granny has a strong WITNESS, and they KNOW IT..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you are referring to a person who is now born again, but use to be an unbeliever, a "sinner".
Then that person, has been given a mission.

Its called the "ministry of the reconciliation".

That is to "go into all the world", and tell sinners, how to be SAVED, born again... and go to Heaven.

No it’s not, a Born Again we’re chosen predestined by God to be used by Him all according to his purpose and plan.....the Spirit leads me ..you can’t tell anyone how to be Born Of The Spirit..you can read about it...but, only the Supernatural power of the Spirit can make our spirit Born Again.
2 Corinthians 5:19

The "condemnation" ""Jesus said is that they loved Darkness and didnt want LIGHT"
I didn’t know I was in darkness..not until I was Born Again.
"Jesus is the Light of the World" and the "world knew Him not"... John 1:10

So, when we try to reach the lost with The Cross, we are to love them, and that is not to condemn them..

Jesus said we are "salt and Light" in this world, so we are the LIGHTHOUSE< that is leading the damned out of Hell, as they are on their way.. as they are already condemned by God.

John 3:36

The Unbelievers, need to know that The Cross is God's love for them.
So, when we share Jesus, we need to share Him as "God loves you". "Look what Jesus did for you" to PROVE that God loves you....
The Spirit is Gods Love for them, the cross was an act of Love also.
Your life in Christ should be something they recognize is related to God and Christ.

Lets say that someone is a Grandmother and has 6 Grandchildren, and they are all, less the 16, but all older then 14.
So, if none of the Grandchildren are born again, then they are unbelievers, so their reaction to "lets go visit Grandma", is..

"We love her, but we can't do anything there, as she is , you know.... on of those Christians"

My family don’t look upon me like that.
See that? That is proof that Grandma's influence is God centered and its already affecting them all.

Granny has a strong WITNESS, and they KNOW IT..
I have a strong witness in me the Living Holy Spirit.....he does all that he chooses to do and say through me!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No it’s not, a Born Again we’re chosen predestined by God to be used by Him all according to his purpose and plan.

Then..... who is causing the so called "born again" to teach 3 Billion Catholics to pray to Mary?

Also, as God is not a Calvinist, and Calvinism is created by CALVIN, then to say that Calvin is "Christianity", is to teach what isn't true.

Calvin creates Calvinists, not Christians., and that is why they teach His theology.

....the Spirit leads me

We are led of the Spirit, but we have free will and we "discern" and we make choices with our Knowledge, that is in our MIND.

"He or She, that is Spiritual ( born again spiritually) have the capacity to learn of the Spirit,...... so that is their MIND being renewed and they are to come into the "same MIND".. Paul teaches.
'This rarely happens, because you have people like Calvin and so many cults that get the believer deceived.

The Spirit is already joined to God.. so, that is our Sonship or to have become a Son/Daughter of God. (born again).

I didn’t know I was in darkness..not until I was Born Again.

:yes, all unbelievers and many Christians are "mind blinded by the devil".

Salvation has come to the unbeliever.... when the Holy Spirit shows us the Cross as our Forgiveness through Faith in Christ, and then we can believe it, = and God accept our Faith, as "Our Faith is counted-accepted by God," and we are given the New Birth.

The Spirit is Gods Love for them, the cross was an act of Love also.

No Cross = No Salvation.

Had Jesus not shed His Blood and died for our sin on The Cross, then all of us would be in Hell, right after we die. (in general)

If Jesus had never been born to Choose to die on the Cross, then God's Love would not have yet been given so that by The Cross of Christ, all who will believe, can become "made righteous" as "the Righteousness of God in Christ".

John 3:16

My family don’t look upon me like that.

Very common.

Jesus said that in most cases, a "prophet is not honored in their own hometown".

So, the reason i used "Granny" as the example.... is because the Grand Children, dont usually know what Granny was like in her "wilder days" when she enjoyed raising Hell.
But the CHILDREN know ALL ABOUT It, ... as do the neighbors.... so in their case, its probably going to work out like this..

= "Uh HUH< Granny.. we knew you when you lived like the DEVIL, and now that you got "religion", you want to preach to us......"
""Good luck with that granny"...

• Haha
Reactions: Zao is life

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then..... who is causing the so called "born again" to teach 3 Billion Catholics to pray to Mary?

Also, as God is not a Calvinist, and Calvinism is created by CALVIN, then to say that Calvin is "Christianity", is to teach what isn't true.

Calvin creates Calvinists, not Christians., and that is why they teach His theology.

We are led of the Spirit, but we have free will and we "discern" and we make choices with our Knowledge, that is in our MIND.

"He or She, that is Spiritual ( born again spiritually) have the capacity to learn of the Spirit,...... so that is their MIND being renewed and they are to come into the "same MIND".. Paul teaches.
'This rarely happens, because you have people like Calvin and so many cults that get the believer deceived.

The Spirit is already joined to God.. so, that is our Sonship or to have become a Son/Daughter of God. (born again).

:yes, all unbelievers and many Christians are "mind blinded by the devil".

Salvation has come to the unbeliever.... when the Holy Spirit shows us the Cross as our Forgiveness through Faith in Christ, and then we can believe it, = and God accept our Faith, as "Our Faith is counted-accepted by God," and we are given the New Birth.

No Cross = No Salvation.

Had Jesus not shed His Blood and died for our sin on The Cross, then all of us would be in Hell, right after we die. (in general)

If Jesus had never been born to Choose to die on the Cross, then God's Love would not have yet been given so that by The Cross of Christ, all who will believe, can become "made righteous" as "the Righteousness of God in Christ".

John 3:16

Very common.

Jesus said that in most cases, a "prophet is not honored in their own hometown".

So, the reason i used "Granny" as the example.... is because the Grand Children, dont usually know what Granny was like in her "wilder days" when she enjoyed raising Hell.
But the CHILDREN know ALL ABOUT It, ... as do the neighbors.... so in their case, its probably going to work out like this..

= "Uh HUH< Granny.. we knew you when you lived like the DEVIL, and now that you got "religion", you want to preach to us......"
""Good luck with that granny"...
Listen, I believe what I’ve been taught to believe by the Living Holy Spirit...you are on your own journey...

I’m not discussing with you ,I voice and what I voice stands.

1716651716668.gif

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to debate this, in the hope that God will speak to my heart regarding the preaching of sin, that some of us do on this forum.

Apologies if my questions sound silly...as I’m pretty confused not only on the teaching of sin, also does God hate those who live in sin?

The enemy is in my head , so I need to get this off my chest.

Should someone who was once a sinner....preach about sin?.....condemn those who do sin, who are still in sin, when they too were once a sinner....I’m just trying to understand .

I was once a sinner....should I preach to my children regarding their sin....wouldn’t that be hypocritical?

Praying that you will be in this discussion Lord, that you will help and guide us...in Jesus Name...Amen!..
Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

1 John 3:9​

King James Version​

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 Peter 1:23
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

New Living Translation
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

English Standard Version
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Berean Standard Bible
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Berean Literal Bible
having been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, by the living and abiding word of God,

King James Bible
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preaching About Sin.

Difficult subject.

I think you could ask 20 people what SIN means to them, and could easily get 20 Different perspective answers.

Thus repeatedly, people without upfront declaring what SIN means to them…
Discuss, Preach, Accuse, Debate TOPICS of Beliefs and Behaviors and state or imply SIN is the mysterious culprit.

TO me…
SIN is expressly ABOUT an individuals LACK of BELIEFS expressly REGARDING…The Lord God Almighty.

TO me…
TRESPASSES are expressly ABOUT an individuals FALSE, UNDERHANDED, BEHAVIORS TOWARD God, TOWARD men, WITH INTENT TO NEGATIVELY (wrongly) IMPACT/REFLECT toward God, and toward other men.

Elaborating;
God DESIRES manKIND TO EXPRESSLY…Freely, Willingly, Personally CHOOSE TO:

* BELIEVE IN the Lord God Almighty.
* TRUST IN the Lord God Almighty.
* VOW/OATH AN ALLEGIANCE TO the Lord God Almighty.
* EXECUTE and UPHOLD his VOW/OATH TO the Lord God Almighty.
* BE ETERNALLY WITH the Lord God Almighty.
* REPRESENT God ACCORDING TO “HIS” TRUTH.

Glory to God,
Taken