Some OT verses on prostitutes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Leviticus 19:

29 Do not defile your daughter by making her a prostitute, or the land will be filled with prostitution and wickedness.
Prostitution is compared to wickedness.

Strong's Hebrew: 2181. זָנָה (zanah) — 93 Occurrences

Brown-Driver-Briggs:

1. be or act as a harlot,
  2. figurative of improper intercourse with foreign nations
  3. of intercourse with other deities, considered as harlotry, sometimes involving actual prostitution
  4. of moral defection
Leviticus 21:

9 If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she also defiles her father’s holiness, and she must be burned to death.
Capital punishment for the daughter of the priest.

Deuteronomy 23:

18 When you are bringing an offering to fulfill a vow, you must not bring to the house of the Lord your God any offering from the earnings of a prostitute, whether a man or a woman, for both are detestable to the Lord your God.
ESV Proverbs 23:

26 My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways.
27 For a prostitute is a deep pit; an adulteress is a narrow well.
28 She lies in wait like a robber and increases the traitors among mankind.
A prostitute is compared to an adulteress and a robber.

Ezekiel 23:

11 “Yet even though Oholibah saw what had happened to Oholah, her sister, she followed right in her footsteps. And she was even more depraved, abandoning herself to her lust and prostitution.
Joshua 6:

17 And the city and all that is within it shall be devoted to the LORD for destruction. Only Rahab the prostitute and all who are with her in her house shall live, because she hid the messengers whom we sent.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those osas peoples love to hear about prostitutes since they believe they can pay for their services and still be
saved while they are doing it since they think all their future sins are already forgiven before they even do the sin!