• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view of sin, is that it is a state, as opposed to the state of sinlessness, whereby one is restored to the position of that of Adam, not only as he was before he fell (innocent), but as if he had eaten only of the tree of life, gaining zoe life. It will include the thoughts. What is yours?

Thanks and you.

My view of SIN, is Disbelief IN the Lord God… which is called Standing AGAINST God.

Repeatedly … God’s desire is for men to Choose to Believe..(and they that do, receive Gods Greatest Gift He has offered)..which to me reveals the great Significance regarding BELIEF in the Lord God.

And ONLY the Lord God Himself can Forgivea person repentant for having Had disbelief.

I do not believe men have the authority to forgive sin.

I do believe men Trespass Against men and Do have the authority to forgives men of Trespasses.

Glory to God,
Taken

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Romans 8:13, does not depict the way you did shortsightedly and twist.

Paul the Apostle address to the church, through the Spirit 'do mortify', and not 'did mortify'.
Your first contention is that this is to the church in Rome. It makes no difference who the scriptures are addressed to, they are the word of truth to all the world and all scripture is for correction in righteousness.

Jesus has already said before Paul began testifying the gospel of Christ, that many are called but few are chosen, many seek to enter and few find the narrow way, as many are on the wide path to destruction. ( there is no twisting there)

Now Paul can only continue the same kingdom of heaven testimony, as Jesus had told.

If Jesus Christ is in anyone, ( usually a sincere believer of the rising of Jesus Christ from the dead) their body IS DEAD.

Therefore Paul is exhorting the ones whose body is NOT DEAD, who LIVE AFTER THE FLESH, ( who Christ is not in) who have not ( through the Spirit) mortified the deeds of the body. (IF CHRIST BE IN YOU, THE BODY IS DEAD.)

Romans 8:10 And IF CHRIST BE IN YOU, THE BODY IS DEAD because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Colossians continues the same ONE TESTIMONY. ( which is to all the world.)

We are complete in Christ, in Christ we are circumcised made without hands, ( all is by belief in Jesus Christ risen) putting off THE BODY OF SINS, by THE CIRCUMCISION OF CHRIST.

We are BURIED WITH HIM IN BAPTISM, (WHEREIN) ALSO WE ARE RISEN WITH HIM THROUGH THE FAITH OF THE OPERATION OF GOD. ( who RAIED HIM FROM THE DEAD.)

( through UNBELIEF) we were dead in our sins, the UNCIRCUMCISION OF OUR FLESH, He QUICKENED US TOGETHER WITH HIM. ( HAVING FORGIVEN US ALL TRESSPASSES.)

IF we are then risen with Christ. ( IF WE HAVE BELIEF AND OUR BODY IS DEAD.) we seek those things that are ABOVE, ( WHERE Christ sits on the right hand of God)

The testimony tells us to set our affections on things ABOVE, not on things ON THE EARTH. ( for us to be DEAD, and our LIFE HID IN CHIST.)

To mortify therefore ( for CHRIST TO BE IN US, THE BODY DEAD BECAUSE OF SIN.) our body upon the earth...

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Many claim they do not sin because they wrongfully apply the verses for the perfect to themselves when they have not been perfected. Romans 7 was written for believers stuck in unintentional sin as Paul reported, not in intentional sin as an unbeliever.
Easy to answer this for you.

Romans 7, and what is noted is a law in the body, at war against the mind, and this BRINGS ( man) INTO CAPTIVITY to the LAW OF SIN. ( in mans body)

Man is WRETCHED. Who SHALL DELIVER THE MAN FROM THE BODY OF DEATH ? ( God THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD.)

Here is the part to clarify this for you.

Apostle Paul beseeches us, to not think he walks according to the flesh. ( the law of sin which is in the body of man) as Paul confirms he DOES NOT WAR AFTER THE FLESH. ( not WARRING AFTER THE FLESH/A LAW IN THE BODY WARRING AGAINST AND BRINGING INTO CAPTIVITY TO THE LAW OF SIN.)

The weapons of Pauls warfare are NOT CARNAL. ( Paul spoke of being carnal, as opposed to the law being SPIRITUAL. Romans 7:14.) and that being MIGHTY THROUGH GOD, we pull down strong holds, CASTING DOWN IMAGINATIONS, ( that exalts itself against the knowledge of God) BRINGING INTO CAPTIVITY EVERY THOUGHT TO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST. ( being carnal, and some who though the apostles walked according to the flesh, we are brought into captivity to the law of sin which is in the body of carnal man.)...

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

2 Corinthians 10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Have no sin…is possessing sin in the body.
Do no sin…….is an act of behavior.
Sin no more…is an act of behavior which no longer applies.
Sin no more according to Scripture applies to a person born again, of God, precisely, Gods SEED.

Then people have to be on the same page as to WHAT ‘SIN’ is….which most seem to be of the opinion is ANYTHING God does not LIKE or Approve.
Personally, i disagree with ^ that.
Sin is all that Jesus Christ is not.

To ABIDE IN CHRIST, is to not be ASHAMED BEFORE HIM, at HIs coming.

Aiding in Christ is KNOWING HE IS RIGHTEOUS. ( Jesus Christ is all what sin is not/sin is ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.)

Every one who DOES RIGHTEOUSNESS, is BORN OF HIM.

1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Through THIS HOPE IN HIM, every man purifies himself EVEN AS HE IS PURE.

Transgressing the law is what sinning is.

We know ( BELIEVE) Jesus Christ was manifested to TAKE AWAY OUR SINS. ( committing/practising of them) as in Christ IS NO SIN.

When we ABIDE IN HIM, we DO NOT SIN ( abiding in Him knowing He is righteous, doing righteousness to be EVEN RIGHTEOUS AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS/to NOT BE ASHAMED BEFORE HIM, as HIs coming.)

The ones sinning ( committing/practising) have not SEEN HIM NOR KNOWN HIM. ( He that DOES RIGHTEOUSNESS, is RIGHTEOUS, even AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS.)...

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Repeatedly … God’s desire is for men to Choose to Believe..(and they that do, receive Gods Greatest Gift He has offered)..which to me reveals the great Significance regarding BELIEF in the Lord God.

And ONLY the Lord God Himself can Forgivea person repentant for having Had disbelief.
God chooses us.

God gives repentance.

Not we choosing God.

Not we having repentance for having had disbelief. ( faith is the GIFT OF GOD)...

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chooses us.

Agree

. God gives repentance.

Disagree.
God offers a way for man’s repentance.

Not we choosing God.

Disagree.
Forming a one on one relationship IS one choosing the other.

Not we having repentance for having had disbelief.

Disagree.
Man is naturally born in disbelief.
God Offers a way for man to repent of his disbelief.
A man who heartfully believes AND repents for having NOT believed, (IS by God), Forgiven.

( faith is the GIFT OF GOD)...

Faith is a Gift of and from God, FOR a man Hearing the Word of God.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Agree.
God Chooses each OF “manKIND”, FOR “Particular” Missions, Service, of HOW God desires a “manKIND” of being…
“TO SERVE HIM”…
* ISRAEL was chosen…to be an example and teach the world about God and His Messiah. (some succeeded)
* 12 specific men were chosen…to be examples (Disciples) and teach (Apostles) the ISRAELITES about Christ Jesus. (Those who succeeded were Disciples (examples) and became Apostles (teachers).
* 1 specific man was chosen to be a Disciple and thereafter an Apostle…to be an example and teach the ISRAELITES, the GENTILES, KINGS about God and Christ Jesus. (He was Saul called Paul).
* From the Beginning of manKIND, God chose individuals, thereafter Jesus chose individuals, and generation after generation…
The Lord God chooses individuals to SERVE HIM, according to His Will…

* Every individual manKIND of being…
Can freely CHOOSE to ACCEPT or REJECT…
The SERVICE MISSION the Lord God “Chooses” that Individual to accomplish.

Josh 24:
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

1 Thes 1:
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

BTW…I don’t recall seeing you before…Welcome to the forum…
God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree

Disagree.

Disagree.
Forming a one on one relationship IS one choosing the other.

Disagree.
A man who heartfully believes AND repents for having NOT believed, (IS by God), Forgiven.

Agree.
God Chooses each OF “manKIND”, FOR “Particular” Missions, Service, of HOW God desires a “manKIND” of being…
“TO SERVE HIM”…
* ISRAEL was chosen…to be an example and teach the world about God and His Messiah. (some succeeded)
* 12 specific men were chosen…to be examples (Disciples) and teach (Apostles) the ISRAELITES about Christ Jesus. (Those who succeeded were Disciples (examples) and became Apostles (teachers).
* 1 specific man was chosen to be a Disciple and thereafter an Apostle…to be an example and teach the ISRAELITES, the GENTILES, KINGS about God and Christ Jesus. (He was Saul called Paul).
* From the Beginning of manKIND, God chose individuals, thereafter Jesus chose individuals, and generation after generation…

Josh 24:
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

1 Thes 1:

Glory to God,
Taken
Faith is not a gift. If it were, then God is remiss in not giving that gift to everyone universally. Thus if faith is a gift, and necessary for salvation, then it is God's fault that any are lost.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is not a gift. If it were, then God is remiss in not giving that gift to everyone universally. Thus if faith is a gift, and necessary for salvation, then it is God's fault that any are lost.

Faith is a gift from God.
You are not naturally born in or with faith.

A person is “gifted” given “measures of faith”….for, by, because….that person has chosen to “HEAR” the Word of God.

A man Exerts his own effort, by his own choosing to hear the word of God…
A man WHO does so hear the word of God…
God…by, through, of HIS GRACE, Gifts that man FAITH…”FOR and ACCORDING to his. Effort”.

Hear a little, receive a little Faith.
Hear more, receive more Faith.
Continue Hearing, continue receiving increased measures of Faith.

It is a preparation for a man to become prepared to BELIEVE and then DECIDE if he freely wants to COMMIT to his BELIEF and CONFESS his BELIEF unto the Lord God…
“Or not”.

The Gift of FAITH, IS Gods Gift to GIVE…
And precisely HOW a man “wanting” that Gift….is revealed IN SCRIPTURE according to Gods Order and Way…

A man does not receive Gods Gift of Faith, by wishing, hoping, purchasing ….
It is precisely by Hearing (receiving) the word of God.

I have a daughter who was born profoundly deaf. Which is to say, her ears do not function with the ability to hear. My Service unto the Lord, as a parent, of speaking the word of God to her, was beyond the usual of speaking the word of God into her ears. Which is to say, every individual has their own individual Service unto the Lord, they can do, or reject doing. And every service unto the Lord an individual does…so to SHALL the Lord God “repay His debt” with “particular” gifts and blessing and treasures and rewards.

No man is EXCLUDED…
Every individual chooses IN what manner he will Serve the Lord God.
And every individual SHALL be GIVEN according TO, what he has Chosen to Do.

Rom 2:
[5] But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
[6] Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Glory to God,
Taken

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is a gift from God.
You are not naturally born in or with faith.

A person is “gifted” given “measures of faith”….for, by, because….that person has chosen to “HEAR” the Word of God.

A man Exerts his own effort, by his own choosing to hear the word of God…
A man WHO does so hear the word of God…
God…by, through, of HIS GRACE, Gifts that man FAITH…”FOR and ACCORDING to his. Effort”.

Hear a little, receive a little Faith.
Hear more, receive more Faith.
Continue Hearing, continue receiving increased measures of Faith.

It is a preparation for a man to become prepared to BELIEVE and then DECIDE if he freely wants to COMMIT to his BELIEF and CONFESS his BELIEF unto the Lord God…
“Or not”.

The Gift of FAITH, IS Gods Gift to GIVE…
And precisely HOW a man “wanting” that Gift….is revealed IN SCRIPTURE according to Gods Order and Way…

A man does not receive Gods Gift of Faith, by wishing, hoping, purchasing ….
It is precisely by Hearing (receiving) the word of God.

I have a daughter who was born profoundly deaf. Which is to say, her ears do not function with the ability to hear. My Service unto the Lord, as a parent, of speaking the word of God to her, was beyond the usual of speaking the word of God into her ears. Which is to say, every individual has their own individual Service unto the Lord, they can do, or reject doing. And every service unto the Lord an individual does…so to SHALL the Lord God “repay His debt” with “particular” gifts and blessing and treasures and rewards.

No man is EXCLUDED…
Every individual chooses IN what manner he will Serve the Lord God.
And every individual SHALL be GIVEN according TO, what he has Chosen to Do.

Rom 2:
[5] But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
[6] Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Glory to God,
Taken
So then, according to your position of faith being a gift from God, for all those who will receive eternal condemnation, it can only be God's fault for not giving them the gift of faith. God is the reason for all those who are not saved. Such a terrible view of God.

That is, of course, complete and utter nonsense; and it must be rejected out of hand. Faith is not a gift.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then, according to your position of faith being a gift from God, for all those who will receive eternal condemnation, it can only be God's fault for not giving them the gift of faith. God is the reason for all those who are not saved. Such a terrible view of God.

That is, of course, complete and utter nonsense; and it must be rejected out of hand. Faith is not a gift.
There is more than one level to things...faith, righteousness, judgment...etc....even grace (sample and fulness)?

The only thing there is NOT more than one level on is holiness. One is either holy or not.

But faith has two levels...ours and Christ's.

The NT is based on the faith OF Christ. How do we get there? From our faith INTO his faith. His faith is a gift. But we have to seek God with ALL we have and are...all our faith.

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to (INTO) faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom. 1:17

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is more than one level to things...faith, righteousness, judgment...etc....even grace (sample and fulness)?

The only thing there is NOT more than one level on is holiness. One is either holy or not.

But faith has two levels...ours and Christ's.

The NT is based on the faith OF Christ. How do we get there? From our faith INTO his faith. His faith is a gift. But we have to seek God with ALL we have and are...all our faith.

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to (INTO) faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom. 1:17
The very concept of the faith OF Christ is only meaningful in the sense the religion, the system whereby salvation is available to all who believe in God. Jesus having a faith, namely believing in God in the absence of proven fact, is an absolutely ludicrous concept. Any such thoughts about such faith OF Christ is due to a really bad translation/interpretation in the KJV.

The faith through which we are saved by grace is our faith, our belief in God, in Jesus, in the Gospel, a faith that comes by hearing (learning) about God, about Christ, about the Gospel.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your thoughts, your words.

Agree, and why I said no such thing.

God (Because OF HIS Grace) GIVES…
SPECIFIC Gifts, Blessings, Rewards…
TO SPECIFIC persons…
FOR SPECIFIC reasons….
AND
God GIVES Blessings, to ALL men.

You WANT Gods gift of FAITH…?
…HEAR His Word!

You WANT Gods gift of soul SALVATION…?
…CONFESS to the Lord, you HAVE TRUE Belief (IN YOUR HEART), IN the Lord God.

You WANT Gods SEED, A born again spirit…?
…Be willing to lay down unto Death your bodily LIFE, “FOR” Him.

God HAS gifts, TO GIVE to manKIND.
You WANT what He OFFERS…reach out and TAKE it….
ACCORDING TO Gods ORDER and WAY.

Examples of Gods. Order and. Way
* You must ask for it.
* You must Choose it, while bodily Alive.
* You must Take it. (not another take it for you)

Gifts from God are GIVEN to BELIEVERS IN God and His Word and His Messiah.

Gifts from God are GIVEN BELIEVERS IN God who ALSO (TRULY/Heartfully) BELIEVE, Jesus IS the Word of God, and Christ IS the Messiah of God.

Gifts from God are GIVEN BELIEVERS IN God who ALSO CONFESS their true Heartful BELIEF, in God, In Christ Jesus.

Blessings from God are Given ALL men…
Believers or Not.

Rewards from God are Given ALL men…
(According to their works)…Believers or Not.

Men are all different…of when, what, why. They believe and do what they choose to do….

Not much different than men…
Men buy or make Christmas gifts, decides to whom they will be offered, and when they will be offered and why they will be offered…
and NO ONE must take the made, bought and paid for offered gift from another.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously brethren in Christ, some here (like the OP), has never read what Jesus showed He will say to the five foolish virgins that believe on Him, but don't have the 'spare vessel' of The Oil to go with the Oil in their lamps. (Matthew 25).

Same thing with the "unprofitable servant" of Matthew 25 that Jesus will turn away because that one just believed only, and then didn't work for Him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very concept of the faith OF Christ is only meaningful in the sense the religion, the system whereby salvation is available to all who believe in God. Jesus having a faith, namely believing in God in the absence of proven fact, is an absolutely ludicrous concept. Any such thoughts about such faith OF Christ is due to a really bad translation/interpretation in the KJV.

The faith through which we are saved by grace is our faith, our belief in God, in Jesus, in the Gospel, a faith that comes by hearing (learning) about God, about Christ, about the Gospel.

You are wandering into a sideline tangent…ie. Scripture translations…

God Has an ORDER and WAY…and has since the beginning of manKIND…little by little, bit by bit….which would be VERY conducive…IF every person were all BORN at once….but they were not…and thus, every new born babe has to go through their own beginning, little by little…
And those who who bypass the little by little. In their youth, teens, young adulthood…may begin their little by little as aging adults…

Fact is you hear and learn what a number is but don’t jump right into Calculous…or see and learn airplane files and think you understand Physics.

In the last DAYS…the same shall be true…youths, adults, aged adults from every race, (Jew & Gentile), each gender (male & female)….WHO HAVE MADE NO “EFFORT” to HEAR…or “COMMITMENT” of Belief…

WILL BE subjected to Gods Tribulations…
Because they have NOT Chosen.

Gods Tribulations…are 3 sets of “judgements”. Each set has SEVEN judgements…Each judgement increasing in severity. One by one, men upon the face of the earth, shall experience the judgements…until they have made their choices.

Each remaining alive…
WILL have opportunity to HEAR (the gospel of Jesus Christ)…(Provided.By the Lord God) AND “they” pick, decide, choose…to believe it or reject it…

Choose NAY…the consequence shall be forever separated from God.
Choose YEA…the consequence shall be forever with God.

Some have already Chosen and Committed, (according to Gods Order and Way)…
(And.Are already EXCEPTED, ie “delivered FROM” having to experience Gods ends of days Tribulations)…
Many have not….many will not.

Glory to God,
Taken

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your thoughts, your words.

Agree, and why I said no such thing.

God (Because OF HIS Grace) GIVES…
SPECIFIC Gifts, Blessings, Rewards…
TO SPECIFIC persons…
FOR SPECIFIC reasons….
AND
God GIVES Blessings, to ALL men.

You WANT Gods gift of FAITH…?
…HEAR His Word!

You WANT Gods gift of soul SALVATION…?
…CONFESS to the Lord, you HAVE TRUE Belief (IN YOUR HEART), IN the Lord God.

You WANT Gods SEED, A born again spirit…?
…Be willing to lay down unto Death your bodily LIFE, “FOR” Him.

God HAS gifts, TO GIVE to manKIND.
You WANT what He OFFERS…reach out and TAKE it….
ACCORDING TO Gods ORDER and WAY.

Examples of Gods. Order and. Way
* You must ask for it.
* You must Choose it, while bodily Alive.
* You must Take it. (not another take it for you)

Gifts from God are GIVEN to BELIEVERS IN God and His Word and His Messiah.

Gifts from God are GIVEN BELIEVERS IN God who ALSO (TRULY/Heartfully) BELIEVE, Jesus IS the Word of God, and Christ IS the Messiah of God.

Gifts from God are GIVEN BELIEVERS IN God who ALSO CONFESS their true Heartful BELIEF, in God, In Christ Jesus.

Blessings from God are Given ALL men…
Believers or Not.

Rewards from God are Given ALL men…
(According to their works)…Believers or Not.

Men are all different…of when, what, why. They believe and do what they choose to do….

Not much different than men…
Men buy or make Christmas gifts, decides to whom they will be offered, and when they will be offered and why they will be offered…
and NO ONE must take the made, bought and paid for offered gift from another.
Your words, your thoughts.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

None of that is applicable to God, the Son, Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If are willful manner according to you, apparently it's your own assumption and opinion

As a child so an immature or carnal believer. There is an exact parallel between an untrained child and a "spoiled" believer who has not gone to the cross to be dealt with in the outer man. What makes matters much worse is that there are doctrines in place...MANY such doctrine that impair the growth of the believer, by having him/her to be given the same status with God regardless how long that person has buried their talent for. But God will not strive with us for ever.
There are no such things as a carnal or a "spoiled" believer unless I did not understand your comment.

I'm very familiar with professing Christians who does not understand Bible doctrines and its' interpretations. Fact is, I've been teaching these in the CB forums.

Indeed, God will not strive with men because they are evil.

To God Be The Glory

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
1. Disagree.

Disagree .Forming a one on one relationship IS one choosing the other.

Disagree.

2.Agree.
“TO SERVE HIM”…

Josh 24:

1 Thes 1:
1. Faith and repentance are both GIVEN/GRANTED/LEADS YOU TO/revealed by God, ( NOT ENTERED INTO THE HEARTS OF MAN OTHERWISE) to repent you need to have faith, or what would you be repenting of/from, if you did not believe in turning from evil to good. ( by the faith of Jesus Christ/ a good conscience.)

Then PERADVENTURE, IF GOD WILL GIVE THEM REPENTANCE, TO THE ACKNOWLEDGING OF THE TRUTH.

To look DILLIGENTLY, that no man FAILS OF THE GRACE OF GOD. As Esau, who sold his birth right. Bitterness springs up, ( many are defiled by it) and Esau FOUND NO PLACE OF REPENTANCE. ( he sought it carefully with tears)

Now we can understand and accept all the testimony TOGETHER and how, that He loved Jacob, but Esau has He hated...

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to GIVE repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles GRANTED repentance unto life.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God LEADETH thee to repentance?

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, NEITHER HATH ENTERED INTO THE HEART OF MAN, THE THINGS WHICH GOD HATH PREPARED FOR THEM THAT LOVE HIM.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Hebrews 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

2. This choosing is in ALL THINGS, not some, not what is for a while and fails, but what succeeds, and is built on a rock. ( Christ)

God exalted one chosen out of the people, help upon one that is mighty.

His servant, whom He has chosen, His beloved, in whim His soul is well pleased.

The world hated the apostles that Christ chose out of the world.

Apostle Paul ( the apostle to the Gentiles) chosen by Christ, to bear HIs name before the Gentiles, and the children of Israel. ( Joshua speaks to Israel to choose who they will serve, and shows of their own selves they are UNABLE TO CHOOSE TO SERVE THE LORD GOD.)

Paul was chosen to know the will of Christ, ( Israel was not chosen to know that will or NAME which saves us.) to SEE THAT JUST ONE, to hear the voice of HIs mouth. ( as Jesus told Israel His sheep hear HIs voice, and they are not HIs sheep/do not hear Him, and the works He does/fulfills, bear WITNESS OF HIM.)

God has chosen the foolish to confound the wise. ( to bring to nothing those that are)

God has chosen the poor. ( the rich have WOE, they have RECEIVED THEIR CONSOLATION/how hardly SHALL THEY THAT HAVE RICHES,, enter into the kingdom of heaven.)

The chosen of the devil fight against the Lords chosen Christ and against chosen followers, who are called, chosen and faithful..

Psalm 89:19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Luke 6:24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

Mark 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Matthew 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Acts 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1 Corinthians 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
In the last DAYS…the same shall be true…youths, adults, aged adults from every race, (Jew & Gentile), each gender (male & female)….WHO HAVE MADE NO “EFFORT” to HEAR…or “COMMITMENT” of Belief…

WILL BE subjected to Gods Tribulations…
Because they have NOT Chosen.

Gods Tribulations…are 3 sets of “judgements”. Each set has SEVEN judgements…Each judgement increasing in severity. One by one, men upon the face of the earth, shall experience the judgements…until they have made their choices.

Each remaining alive…
WILL have opportunity to HEAR (the gospel of Jesus Christ)…(Provided.By the Lord God) AND “they” pick, decide, choose…to believe it or reject it…

Choose NAY…the consequence shall be forever separated from God.
Choose YEA…the consequence shall be forever with God.

Some have already Chosen and Committed, (according to Gods Order and Way)…
(And.Are already EXCEPTED, ie “delivered FROM” having to experience Gods ends of days Tribulations)…
Many have not….many will not.
Faith and being saved is by believing in the rising of Jesus Christ from the dead by God the Father.

Not all obey the gospel, as who believed the report ?

Faith comes by hearing. ( given ears to hear with)

They closed their eyes and covered their ears. ( who believed our report ?) to whom was the arm of the Lord REVEALED ? ( but God has REVEALED THEM UNTO US BY HIS SPIRIT)

Therefore they could not believe, He blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, to not see with their eyes nor understand with their heart. ( to be converted and healed/the deaf cant try to open their ears or the blind make attempt to cure their eyes/ Christ came to heal them/ they who are sick need and seek the PHYSICIAN.)...

John 12:38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Matthew 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

no effort to hear,

Because the deaf cannot open their own ears, God did miracles to open the ears of the deaf. ( and the eyes of the blind by the faith of Jesus Christ laying HIs life down for the deaf and blind and dead in our sins.)

Psalm 40:6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

Isaiah 35:5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.

Mark 7:35 And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Your first contention is that this is to the church in Rome. It makes no difference who the scriptures are addressed to, they are the word of truth to all the world and all scripture is for correction in righteousness.

Jesus has already said before Paul began testifying the gospel of Christ, that many are called but few are chosen, many seek to enter and few find the narrow way, as many are on the wide path to destruction. ( there is no twisting there)

Now Paul can only continue the same kingdom of heaven testimony, as Jesus had told.

If Jesus Christ is in anyone, ( usually a sincere believer of the rising of Jesus Christ from the dead) their body IS DEAD.

Therefore Paul is exhorting the ones whose body is NOT DEAD, who LIVE AFTER THE FLESH, ( who Christ is not in) who have not ( through the Spirit) mortified the deeds of the body. (IF CHRIST BE IN YOU, THE BODY IS DEAD.)

Romans 8:10 And IF CHRIST BE IN YOU, THE BODY IS DEAD because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Colossians continues the same ONE TESTIMONY. ( which is to all the world.)

We are complete in Christ, in Christ we are circumcised made without hands, ( all is by belief in Jesus Christ risen) putting off THE BODY OF SINS, by THE CIRCUMCISION OF CHRIST.

We are BURIED WITH HIM IN BAPTISM, (WHEREIN) ALSO WE ARE RISEN WITH HIM THROUGH THE FAITH OF THE OPERATION OF GOD. ( who RAIED HIM FROM THE DEAD.)

( through UNBELIEF) we were dead in our sins, the UNCIRCUMCISION OF OUR FLESH, He QUICKENED US TOGETHER WITH HIM. ( HAVING FORGIVEN US ALL TRESSPASSES.)

IF we are then risen with Christ. ( IF WE HAVE BELIEF AND OUR BODY IS DEAD.) we seek those things that are ABOVE, ( WHERE Christ sits on the right hand of God)

The testimony tells us to set our affections on things ABOVE, not on things ON THE EARTH. ( for us to be DEAD, and our LIFE HID IN CHIST.)

To mortify therefore ( for CHRIST TO BE IN US, THE BODY DEAD BECAUSE OF SIN.) our body upon the earth...

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
You may run with your 'twisted' version of the Gospel, but am sound with mine.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
When one become born again, one is forgiven of all sin and cleanse from all unrighteousness. A new creation with the Spirit dwelling in them, yet in the flesh they will be tempted in all ways and manners like Jesus.

For it is written, 'For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.'

And is written, 'If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.'

Finally is written, 'If we say that we have not sinned, we make HIM a liar, and HIS Word is not in us.'

Last edited: