The Gospel of Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rightglory

Thats teaching against what Christ accomplished, for He by His Death reconciled them He died for to God Rom 5:10
No, that is exactly what II Cor 5:20 is saying. Just because you are so very confused on the whole topic. Christ accomplished the complete salvation of the world. I John 4:14, John 4:42.
The only one that limits what Christ actually accomplished is your theory of limited atonement. Something that is completely impossible by His Incarnation. You have shown you have no knowledge about the Incarnation, thus your remarks are completely irrelevant.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And as a added bonus they are already forgiven of all trespasses, and they arent imputed to them. You making mans actions of asking the basis of divine Forgiveness, thats apostate mans religion, exalting man over the finished work of Christ.
Another HUGE false understanding of what Christ actually did. I really feel sorry for you and what you really don't know and understand about scripture. Read your Bible without the blinders you have on. This idea cannot be one of Calvins. It is so absurd.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, reconcile and justify do not have the same meaning.
They have the same meaning. Check your dictionary. Actually both have many meanings. It is the context that will determine what it means. I used this example before, you can reconcile or you can justify your checkbook with a bank statement. You are making them to balance or to be made right.
When we are saved, we are both reconciled and justified, but that doesn't mean that the words mean the same thing.
In this instance they do. By Christ reconciling the world He made the world right with God. He justified the world. He made the world right with God. You can use them interchangeably. What did Christ actually do. The primary work was to overcome death. He gave life to the world. I have posted texts on this many times already in this thread. But here they are again. Gen 3:19 man suffers death, became mortal. Rom 5:12 all men became mortal through Adam. Rom 5:20, the world also suffered death, corruption due to the fall of man. Rom5:18 clearly shows what Christ did, His one righteous act brought to all men justification of life. I Cor 15:20-22. II Tim 1:10, Col 1:20, Heb 2:9, Heb 2:14-16.
HATE TO SHOUT BUT THERE IS NO, ABSOLUTELY NO FORGIVENESS OF SIN IN ANY OF THESE TEXTS. They are about overcoming death with life. This is physical life, mortality to immortality, I Cor 15:53-54. It is not even just about all mankind, it is also about the world. It is why we can speak of both the resurrection of the dead, and a New Heaven and a New Earth.

What else did Christ do? He also performed a one time eternal sacrifice for sin. There is absolutely no forgiveness of sin in this act. It provided FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SIN. The ONLY sin that is ever remitted are sins that are confessed by individuals. God does not automatically forgive sins. If that were true then all mankind would have had their sins forgiven.

Reconcile means a change of one condition to another. In the case of our reconciliation to God it is a change from being an enemy of God to being right with God.
The right with God is we/world was given life. God renewed His creation from the fall. He corrected the condemnation of man due to the fall.
In 2 Corinthians 5:11-21 it speaks of reconciliation as becoming a new creature, being in Christ. That is what is accomplished in regeneration, not in justification.
This is not about regeneration, but the fact is regeneration would not be possible unless Christ first reconciled the world back to God. He justified the world with God, giving life to the world. He made the world right with God. All three are correct usages of the words in this context.
To be justified is not to change anything. It is a declaration. When God saves, He forgives the sin and declares the sinner to be righteous.
A change has been made. Sinner to righteous. But the reality for man is that we constantly sin. Thus forgiveness is a daily thing in our lives. We need to stay righteous, we should work to remain righteous. He that doeth righteousness is righteous. I John 3:7.
To be justified is not to be made righteous, but rather to be declared righteous. God declares, "No punishment for you", even thought that is what we deserve. What we deserve hasn't changed. When we are saved, we are not made righteous, the sin is not eradicated, it is forgiven.
Your explanation is filtered through the erroneous concept of Anselm's Satisfaction theory of atonement. Read again, I John 3:7.
In the story of Abraham we read that "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness" (Rom 4:3). He was not made righteous; rather he was counted as righteous. That is true for us as well, Rom 4:23 But the words "it was counted to him" were not written for his sake alone, 24 but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, 25 who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.
This word justification is the same used in Rom 5:18. The context here is the same, Christ's work through His incarnation. That is justification to life and sacrifice for sin. By believing, we can confess our sins and He is faithful to forgive. I John 2: 6-9.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have the same meaning. Check your dictionary.
The English word reconcile is translated from the Greek word καταλλάσσω [katallassō]; the English word Justify is translated from the Greek word δικαιόω [dikaioō]. They are not the same word. And the biblical meaning of those two words is not the same either, not even close.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this instance they do. By Christ reconciling the world He made the world right with God. He justified the world. He made the world right with God. You can use them interchangeably. What did Christ actually do. The primary work was to overcome death. He gave life to the world. I have posted texts on this many times already in this thread. But here they are again. Gen 3:19 man suffers death, became mortal. Rom 5:12 all men became mortal through Adam. Rom 5:20, the world also suffered death, corruption due to the fall of man. Rom5:18 clearly shows what Christ did, His one righteous act brought to all men justification of life. I Cor 15:20-22. II Tim 1:10, Col 1:20, Heb 2:9, Heb 2:14-16.
HATE TO SHOUT BUT THERE IS NO, ABSOLUTELY NO FORGIVENESS OF SIN IN ANY OF THESE TEXTS. They are about overcoming death with life. This is physical life, mortality to immortality, I Cor 15:53-54. It is not even just about all mankind, it is also about the world. It is why we can speak of both the resurrection of the dead, and a New Heaven and a New Earth.
The death that Jesus overcame was not physical death. That should be obvious since all die eventually (except those who will be alive when Jesus returns). The death that Jesus overcame is spiritual death.

Mankind does not die physically because of sin. Physical death is an integral part of the physical creation. Adam didn't die because he sinned. He died because God kicked him out of Eden and he no longer had access to the fruit of the tree of life (Gen 3:22). And death did not spread to all men because Adam sinned; "death spread to all men because all sinned-- " (Rom 5:12).

And Romans 5:18 is not about the sin of mankind. It is about the negation of the effect, i.e., original sin, of Adam's disobedience upon all men. Romans 5:18 says that all men come into this world free from sin. That follows from Romans 5:12 which says that death (spiritual death) of every man comes not from the sin of Adam but from their own sins. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22 is not about salvation at all, but rather about the resurrection of all men, saved or lost, at the end of the age when Jesus returns, similarly Hebrews 2:9; 14-16. I would note here that Satan has no power of physical death; the only instance where we read of Satan bringing about physical death is in the account of Job and there he needed God's permission to bring death to Job's family. The power of death that is in Satan's hands is spiritual death, just as it was with Adam and Eve, and that not directly but through lies and deception.

What else did Christ do? He also performed a one time eternal sacrifice for sin. There is absolutely no forgiveness of sin in this act. It provided FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SIN. The ONLY sin that is ever remitted are sins that are confessed by individuals. God does not automatically forgive sins. If that were true then all mankind would have had their sins forgiven.
I agree. And for what it is worth, that forgiveness of sins is given not to the world, but to each person individually who comes to a belief in God.
The right with God is we/world was given life. God renewed His creation from the fall. He corrected the condemnation of man due to the fall.

This is not about regeneration, but the fact is regeneration would not be possible unless Christ first reconciled the world back to God. He justified the world with God, giving life to the world. He made the world right with God. All three are correct usages of the words in this context.

A change has been made. Sinner to righteous. But the reality for man is that we constantly sin. Thus forgiveness is a daily thing in our lives. We need to stay righteous, we should work to remain righteous. He that doeth righteousness is righteous. I John 3:7.

Your explanation is filtered through the erroneous concept of Anselm's Satisfaction theory of atonement. Read again, I John 3:7.

This word justification is the same used in Rom 5:18. The context here is the same, Christ's work through His incarnation. That is justification to life and sacrifice for sin. By believing, we can confess our sins and He is faithful to forgive. I John 2: 6-9.
You have a really poor understanding of Justification and forgiveness. Those who have been saved have been forgiven and justified. They do not pop out of being forgiven and justified with each sin. Forgiveness and justification for those who have been saved is a state of being. You have accepted the RCC interpretation of 1 John 2:6-9 and it is wrong. We can discuss that further if you like.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are rejecting and/or ignoring significant passages of Scripture. But given that you haven't a clue about what salvation by works even means, I will stick to Scripture and reject your false Calvinist doctrine.
Unfortunaetly you may have to find out on the Day of Judgment that you base your salvation on you

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is exactly what II Cor 5:20 is saying. Just because you are so very confused on the whole topic. Christ accomplished the complete salvation of the world. I John 4:14, John 4:42.
The only one that limits what Christ actually accomplished is your theory of limited atonement. Something that is completely impossible by His Incarnation. You have shown you have no knowledge about the Incarnation, thus your remarks are completely irrelevant.

Another HUGE false understanding of what Christ actually did. I really feel sorry for you and what you really don't know and understand about scripture. Read your Bible without the blinders you have on. This idea cannot be one of Calvins. It is so absurd.
Your teachings are man exalting and denial of Christs reconciling Death.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The English word reconcile is translated from the Greek word καταλλάσσω [katallassō]; the English word Justify is translated from the Greek word δικαιόω [dikaioō]. They are not the same word. And the biblical meaning of those two words is not the same either, not even close.
They are not the same word, but they both have a same meaning. Regarding kikaioo is a Greek word, but the Latin translaters did not have a Latin word for righteous, thus thy used the legal Latin term to remove guilt. All western translations have used the mistranslated word and it became part of Anselm's false Satisfaction theory of atonement as well.
Dikaioo was translated by the Greeks from the Hebrew meaning of Tsedheg which meant, to make righteous.
My dictionary has both words with several definitions that for both words means the same thing. Only one, justify, has one, freedom from guilt, that does not match with reconcile.
Context is paramount. In the topic at hand the context is NEVER about forgiveness of sins. It would be totally illogical, let alone scriptureal to say that Christ was risen from the dead, defeated death, gave life to the world/mankind, then to say He also forgave the sins of all humanity by virture of His resurrection. Even using His sacrifice for sin it would be again illogical to say that His death/sacrifice forgave all the sins of mankind. See if I John 2:2 makes sense that He forgave all mankind their sins. Check what the word propitiation means.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The death that Jesus overcame was not physical death. That should be obvious since all die eventually (except those who will be alive when Jesus returns). The death that Jesus overcame is spiritual death.
It could not be any other kind. It surely was not relational. Man/the world suffered death, dust to dust, due to Adam's sin. This mortality spread to all men. Man lost life, an eternal existence. This is precisely why Christ was Incarnated. He took on Himself our human nature, to do what, defeat death, give life, an eternal existance to mankind/the world. Heb 2:14-16 is very specific why He became man and what it accomplished. I Cor 15:12-22 is all about physically dead people being raised. Christ's human nature was raised to life, thus all men in the last day will be raised to immortality and incorruptibility. I Cor 15:53-54.
In scripture, spiritual death is a loss of a relationship. The Second death referred to in Rev 20 at the judgement is NOT physical death but spiritual death. Our baptism is a spiritual resurrection. We are reunited with Christ relationally. How did you ever come to the idea Christ died a spiritual death. He was put into a grave. The resurrection of Lazarus was a fortaste of Christ's own resurrection Lazarus did not die a spiritual death.
Mankind does not die physically because of sin. Physical death is an integral part of the physical creation. Adam didn't die because he sinned. He died because God kicked him out of Eden and he no longer had access to the fruit of the tree of life (Gen 3:22). And death did not spread to all men because Adam sinned; "death spread to all men because all sinned-- " (Rom 5:12).
Adam definitely died physically. Dust to dust cannot have any other meaning. He would return to the elements from which man was created. Mortality is NOT part of creation. Man was created to be eternal. Why would God create man and the creation and call it good, only to also create death which is the destruction of His whole creation.
Death is from Satan, not God. Heb 2:14. The Tree of life is immortality. Adam had a choice between the two. He chose mortality. Christ becomes that Tree of Life by His resurrection.
You are also misinterpreting Rom 5:12, "just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to al men, because all sinned "through death". Paul never finished the sentence. What you are stating is what Pelagius believed, that each person when they sin also die physically,. become mortal. The next two verses clearify that issue. We don't die for the same reason Adam did, For him sinning came first, for us sinning comes second, namely because we are already mortal. Paul states this also in I Cor 15:56 where he states the sting of death is sin. For Adam it was the other way around, the sting of sin was death.
And Romans 5:18 is not about the sin of mankind. It is about the negation of the effect, i.e., original sin, of Adam's disobedience upon all men. Romans 5:18 says that all men come into this world free from sin. That follows from Romans 5:12 which says that death (spiritual death) of every man comes not from the sin of Adam but from their own sins. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22 is not about salvation at all, but rather about the resurrection of all men, saved or lost, at the end of the age when Jesus returns, similarly Hebrews 2:9; 14-16. I would note here that Satan has no power of physical death; the only instance where we read of Satan bringing about physical death is in the account of Job and there he needed God's permission to bring death to Job's family. The power of death that is in Satan's hands is spiritual death, just as it was with Adam and Eve, and that not directly but through lies and deception.
See above for the explanation of this paragraph also. You have a huge misunderstanding of the fall of man and consequently the salvation of the world/mankind.
I agree. And for what it is worth, that forgiveness of sins is given not to the world, but to each person individually who comes to a belief in God.
Agreed.
You have a really poor understanding of Justification and forgiveness. Those who have been saved have been forgiven and justified. They do not pop out of being forgiven and justified with each sin.
Sin is missing the mark. it is against what God desires for mankind. Every sin is counted against you, and if one does not repent, confess those sins they will condemn one. No one is saved in this life. Our salvation is conditional on remaining faithful.
The only view, that I know of, that teaches this is Calvinism with the preservation of the saints.
Scripture does not support such a view. Sin or how well we resist sin is the test of our faith. Same test Adam had in the Garden before the fall. Obedience to God, or lack thereof.
Forgiveness and justification for those who have been saved is a state of being. You have accepted the RCC interpretation of 1 John 2:6-9 and it is wrong. We can discuss that further if you like.
No one in this life has been "saved" past tense. It is a journey. We are as believers being saved. Our salvation awaits us at the end of our lives; I Pet 1:3-5. We inherit salvation if we have been faithful. Many fall away.

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man was created to be eternal.
Nothing physical was created to be eternal. Even in the resurrection the resurrection body will be spiritual, not physical (1 Cor 15:44). Given that you are wrong about that, most of the rest of what you posted (what you believe) is wrong as well since it derives from the false belief of an eternal physical creation.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your teachings are man exalting and denial of Christs reconciling Death.
Quite the opposite. Where did I state that man can do what Christ did? Can man raise himself from the dead? Can man perform a sacrifice for sin? Christ tasted death for all men, Heb 2:9, He will raise all men I Cor 15:53-54. He propitiated the sins of the world I John 2:2. The opposite of what you teach.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing physical was created to be eternal. Even in the resurrection the resurrection body will be spiritual, not physical (1 Cor 15:44). Given that you are wrong about that, most of the rest of what you posted (what you believe) is wrong as well since it derives from the false belief of an eternal physical creation.
It has been the Truth for 2000 years. If you can show any evidence that the Apostles believed differently and taught the first century Christians what I have been explaining was different, go for it. Second century Christians, Ignatius, Iraneous, Tatian, Theophilus, Athanasius, who wrote a whole book on the Incarnation in 3rd century.
Everything was created to be eternal. Christ will renew this created order. He will make all things new, Why would Christ create the world and mankind if it was not to be eternal. I can assure you He did not create it in order to destroy it. He came to restore His creation to its original purpose, which was lost due to man.
We will be raised from the dead, Our bodies will be raised and reconnected with our souls. Christ still has and will always have our physical body, the same body He had when He ascended into heaven. Spiritual does not mean not physical. Those with Christ will have a glorified body, which will make it spiritual, Those not with Christ get an immortal and incorruptible body, but not glorified.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been the Truth for 2000 years. If you can show any evidence that the Apostles believed differently and taught the first century Christians what I have been explaining was different, go for it. Second century Christians, Ignatius, Iraneous, Tatian, Theophilus, Athanasius, who wrote a whole book on the Incarnation in 3rd century.
Everything was created to be eternal. Christ will renew this created order. He will make all things new, Why would Christ create the world and mankind if it was not to be eternal. I can assure you He did not create it in order to destroy it. He came to restore His creation to its original purpose, which was lost due to man.
We will be raised from the dead, Our bodies will be raised and reconnected with our souls. Christ still has and will always have our physical body, the same body He had when He ascended into heaven. Spiritual does not mean not physical. Those with Christ will have a glorified body, which will make it spiritual, Those not with Christ get an immortal and incorruptible body, but not glorified.
1Co 15:40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.
1Co 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.

1Co 15:42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the opposite. Where did I state that man can do what Christ did? Can man raise himself from the dead? Can man perform a sacrifice for sin? Christ tasted death for all men, Heb 2:9, He will raise all men I Cor 15:53-54. He propitiated the sins of the world I John 2:2. The opposite of what you teach.
Oh no its dead on, you teach a man exalting salvation.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 15:40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.
1Co 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.

1Co 15:42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.
That is what it means to be raised immortal and incorruptible, I Cor 15 53-54.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what it means to be raised immortal and incorruptible, I Cor 15 53-54.
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Do you have even an inkling of what a spiritual body is? Does it need blood? Does it need to eat? If so, where does the food come from? Will it be delivered in trucks, or just appear out of thin air? If in trucks, where do those come from? I can go all day and night and more with questions that you can't answer about that spiritual body. You, nor anyone else, has the slightest idea of what a spiritual body could possibly be.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Do you have even an inkling of what a spiritual body is? Does it need blood? Does it need to eat? If so, where does the food come from? Will it be delivered in trucks, or just appear out of thin air? If in trucks, where do those come from? I can go all day and night and more with questions that you can't answer about that spiritual body. You, nor anyone else, has the slightest idea of what a spiritual body could possibly be.

We know that it will be a body just as Christ had when He ascended into heaven. He will never loose that physical body. Spiritual does not mean some unseen mythical body. If it was not the same physical body we would not need to have a physical resurrection of our bodies at the last day. That body will be changed in a twinkling of an eye, but it will be a physical body though not natural or earthly.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Death and resurrection of Jesus.

Then we must receive the spiritual rebirth...Spirit gives birth to spirit....only then are our sins forgiven,as we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.

No spiritual rebirth, no forgiveness of sins...The Holy Spirit cannot indwell the heart/ spirit of a sinner...impossible.

The Holy Spirit is Alive And Active in the heart/ spirit of Gods child.....

All of my sins have been forgiven ,past, present, future.....Praise God!

Romans 5:10

New International Version

10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

We were enemies, then in Gods mercy and grace, he made us Born Again of imperishable seed.....our spirit was birthed into Christ Spirit.....Spirit gives birth to spirit....you wouldn’t know Jesus existed without the rebirth/ Born Again...you need to know God in your spirit via His Spirit....otherwise reading scripture, you only know Jesus in ones intellect.....therefore void of Gods truth.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How they discount the reconciling death of Christ !

Mans religion discounts what Christs death did for all whom He died, it reconciled them to God, it doesn't say it reconciled God to them. Now read it carefully Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now it states as clear as day, that when we[believers] were [past tense] [enemies] present tense, we were [past tense] reconciled to God, and then he writes how, How does it happen according to the sacred writer ?

If you said it was by the death of Christ you are correct. This is an actual and factual reconciliation, both parties are reconciled to one another lest we deem Christs death insufficient to have accomplished just that.

Mans religion insists that Rom 5:10 doesn't speak of men being reconciled to God, but that God is reconciled to men, and now its up to man to reconcile himself to God, stealing the Glory from what Christs death did and attributing it to sinful man ! They say Christs death is merely a insufficient partial reconciliation !

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The false prophet/teachers deny/DENYING Christ in works, through coveteousness with FEIGNED WORDS, and in great swelling words of vanity. ( what reconciliation in any of this thread )

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.