Trolling Smart People With Dumb Comments For Fun

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a great idea!

In Total Recall, when Arnold Schwarzenegger says- "I'll be right back" more than half of all movie goers surveyed couldn't remember the scene where he said it. They remember the line, but not the circumstances.

And the movie is called Total Recall!!!!! Isn't that ironic?

(That'll get him).

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Total Recall, when Arnold Schwarzenegger says- "I'll be right back" more than half of all movie goers surveyed couldn't remember the scene where he said it. They remember the line, but not the circumstances.

And the movie is called Total Recall!!!!! Isn't that ironic?

(That'll get him).

-For those confused-- Arnie doesn't say that in Total Recall-- in fact, he doesn't say that at all. He says 'I'll be back" -not I'll be right back-- and he says it in Terminator, not Total Recall.

Reactions: Debp and Nancy

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
-For those confused-- Arnie doesn't say that in Total Recall-- in fact, he doesn't say that at all. He says 'I'll be back" -not I'll be right back-- and he says it in Terminator, not Total Recall.
I knew it! You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

• Haha
Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew you had it wrong but didn't say anything. So you were just trolling us. lol

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren, sistren, I failed.

I was too obvious. Of course the Eiffel Tower isn't in Jamaica. Plus, I couldn't hold my face.

Ill get him next time, though!!

• Haha
Reactions: Debp

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's fun if I can sometimes match wits with my brainy husband.

But it's a lot more fun to get under his skin by saying something dumb and doubling down on it. He has the perfect reaction every time because he can't help but correct the stupidity.

At least, thats the goal. It's hard to be intentionally stupid without giving myself away and now the man often gets suspicious that Im trying to do this.

I feel like Ive lost my edge, my inspiration. I have to claim something dumb and easily disprovable...but what??? How can I pull it off without giggling? How can it be somewhat plausible?

I need inspiration. Something dumb but not too dumb. Reach back to all those times you were stuck in hopelessly dumb conversations trying to talk sense and hitting a brick wall...and help me!
What you have to do is say something true but in an outlandish fashion....
Like:
I don't wanna see doctors because I don't want to die....everyone I know that died was seeing a doctor....so doctors must be killing people.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's fun if I can sometimes match wits with my brainy husband.

But it's a lot more fun to get under his skin by saying something dumb and doubling down on it. He has the perfect reaction every time because he can't help but correct the stupidity.

At least, thats the goal. It's hard to be intentionally stupid without giving myself away and now the man often gets suspicious that Im trying to do this.

I feel like Ive lost my edge, my inspiration. I have to claim something dumb and easily disprovable...but what??? How can I pull it off without giggling? How can it be somewhat plausible?

I need inspiration. Something dumb but not too dumb. Reach back to all those times you were stuck in hopelessly dumb conversations trying to talk sense and hitting a brick wall...and help me!

You're funny!

I don't know if this applies...but I have learned to treat certain idiosyncrasies with a kind of reverse psychology. One of my favorites was instead of complaining or pointing out that "someone" has been leaving the kitchen cabinet door(s) open on a regular basis-- I just open some more--lots of them. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Wynona and Debp

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...another one:

Make up a story about how "you" started a buzz word, like "Boss." Best done in a public setting with other people. When the word comes up, say, "Yeah, that was my word--my boss!" Then tell your cockamamy story (with a straight face).

My wife does this...and believes it's true. She's convinced. Consequently, our children now tell the stories of how their mom started certain words and phrases. Many of our friends now think she started terms like "That's FRESH!" Maybe she did. True story.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Zeth4500

Dec 24, 2023
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
try paradoxes, make his logic squeal in anguish, but dont keep it going for too long as if its unresolved he might just assume you lost your marbles

• Haha