Understanding : Acts 2:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everything here is telling me you do not understand.
Just trying to explain confusion.
The scriptures are not that confusing.
God did not confuse you....so where did it come from?
I asked you a question, no confusion in my words.

Neither is Gods Living witness the Holy Spirit confusing, He is Gods Living witness are you aware of that? @Grailhunter ?

Who gives birth to our spirit?

Which you aren’t answering

We’re you Born Again of the Written word?

Or were you Born Again by Gods Living witness, His Living Holy Spirit?

Are you saying that the written word can make your spirit Born Again?

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Is that the Living Spirit Of Gods witness..or a dead spirit?

I ask again how do we know we are a new creation in Christ?

You know that just by reading the written word?

Seriously?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible does not tell us who is Born Again....only God via His Spirit knows who is dead and who is Alive in His Spirit.

Only the Living God knows who are his children.they are the Born Again.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I asked you a question, no confusion in my words.

Neither is Gods Living witness the Holy Spirit confusing, He is Gods Living witness are you aware of that? @Grailhunter ?

Who gives birth to our spirit?

Which you aren’t answering

Or were you Born Again by Gods Living witness, His Living Holy Spirit?

Are you saying that the written word can make your spirit Born Again?

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Is that the Living Spirit Of Gods witness..or a dead spirit?

I ask again how do we know we are a new creation in Christ?

You know that just by reading the written word?

Seriously?

I was told about being born again by the written Word.

And the moment it happened was when I was water Baptized.
And the rest I already explained….It is all about baptism that causes a spiritual response….it involves Christ and the Holy Spirit.
Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.
Roman 6:4

This is not that difficult to understand….Born again….a new person a new start and a new beginning in life and spiritually with Christ.

The sequences of Baptism. Baptism is a ritual and it has several aspects….
The physical
You are immersed in water and the person baptizing you says… “Upon your profession of faith, I baptize you in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. And you are immersed in the water. You come out of that water wet, but more than that….

The spiritual
When you come up out of the water you are sinless….referred to as born again or a new man. Nothing about your past is remembered by the Deity. You have a clean slate to start your Christian life….your Christian journey. Now after that it is said you receive the Holy Spirit.

Physiological
It is important to understand and believe that Baptism is a new beginning. That you start your life a new….born again….with a clean soul. Nothing to hold against you, so nothing that the Devil can condemn you with….And just as important, nothing to condemn yourself with. Some Christians come to the Lord with a pretty nasty past. And sometimes it is not only a matter of their sins being done away with, but them forgiving themselves. But the truth is, nothing in your past matters. Born again. All that matters is the journey ahead….your walk with Christ.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was told about being born again by the written Word.

And the moment it happened was when I was water Baptized.
And the rest I already explained….It is all about baptism that causes a spiritual response….it involves Christ and the Holy Spirit.
Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

This is not that difficult to understand….Born again….a new person a new start and a new beginning in life and spiritually with Christ.

The sequences of Baptism. Baptism is a ritual and it has several aspects….
The physical
You are immersed in water and the person baptizing you says… “Upon your profession of faith, I baptize you in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. And you are immersed in the water. You come out of that water wet, but more than that….

The spiritual
When you come up out of the water you are sinless….referred to as born again or a new man. Nothing about your past is remembered by the Deity. You have a clean slate to start your Christian life….your Christian journey. Now after that it is said you receive the Holy Spirit.

Physiological
It is important to understand and believe that Baptism is a new beginning. That you start your life a new….born again….with a clean soul. Nothing to hold against you, so nothing that the Devil can condemn you with….And just as important, nothing to condemn yourself with. Some Christians come to the Lord with a pretty nasty past. And sometimes it is not only a matter of their sins being done away with, but them forgiving themselves. But the truth is, nothing in your past matters. Born again. All that matters is the journey ahead….your walk with Christ.
Thank you for your testimony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water

This is the earth Birth. = to be born of water....

This is the first birthday.... and its to be born of your mother. And you are in a sack of fluid, waiting to be BORN.... and this "water breaks"... this is near the delivery time, and this is when your "mother's WATER Breaks"....and you are BORN.

That is your first birth day.. .and you have been BORN.

Then Jesus teaches in John 3, that you must be BORN..= AGAIN.

Why "again"?
Its because you are already born ONCE......by your mother and that is to live on the EARTH.

And now Jesus is drawing the clear distinction between "born again" that is the NEW BIRTH, in the SPIRIT......as compared to the first birthday, that was "your mother's water broke, and out you came".

So, when Jesus says that for you to go to heaven, you must be BORN. =Again... He is talking about "born from Above", so that you are now become a part of the HEAVENLY Family.. in the Kingdom of GOD.

= "by my Spirit, sayeth the Lord"....... as This is to be BORN ...AGAIN, by the Spirit of God..

This 2nd Birth has to be completed so that you can exist where God is, "IN Christ". = Heaven.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the earth Birth. = to be born of water....

This is the first birthday.... and its to be born of your mother. And you are in a sack of fluid, waiting to be BORN.... and this "water breaks"... this is near the delivery time, and this is when your "mother's WATER Breaks"....and you are BORN.

That is your first birth day.. .and you have been BORN.

Then Jesus teaches in John 3, that you must be BORN..= AGAIN.

Why "again"?
Its because you are already born ONCE......by your mother and that is to live on the EARTH.

And now Jesus is drawing the clear distinction between "born again" that is the NEW BIRTH, in the SPIRIT......as compared to the first birthday, that was "your mother's water broke, and out you came".

So, when Jesus says that for you to go to heaven, you must be BORN. =Again... He is talking about "born from Above", so that you are now become a part of the HEAVENLY Family.. in the Kingdom of GOD.

= "by my Spirit, sayeth the Lord"....... as This is to be BORN ...AGAIN, by the Spirit of God..

This 2nd Birth has to be completed so that you can exist where God is, "IN Christ". = Heaven.

The fireman came to save you from the fire.

Yeshua came to save you from the fire.

Save….same word two different concepts…meaning

Fire….same word, not the same fire.

Born from your mother and born from the spirit....Born again but two different borns.

"And Peter said to them, 'Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit'". Acts 2:38

Through water baptism we have been made a new person with no past as far as Yeshua is concerned. So Yeshua will not hold your past sins against you. It is like they never happened. Ergo born again to this life. Since Yeshua will hold nothing in your past against you….you should not hold anything in your past against yourself ….because….The sins of the “old self” no longer exist. Clean slate to live a new life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The fireman came to save you from the fire.

But he didnt come to save me from my Sin

Yeshua came to save you from the fire.

And He died on the Cross to become the "one time ETERNAL SACRIFICE for ALL MY SIN">

How do i get that?
How do you get that @Grailhunter ??

Jesus said...>"All that believe in Me, i give unto you eternal LIFE">.

No WATER REQUIRED.
No fire truck necessary., as the BLOOD OF JESUS has put out the Eternal FIRE that was heading for every Born Again Christian.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he didnt come to save me from my Sin

And He died on the Cross to become the "one time ETERNAL SACRIFICE for ALL MY SIN">

How do i get that?
How do you get that @Grailhunter ??

Jesus said...>"All that believe in Me, i give unto you eternal LIFE">.

No WATER REQUIRED.
No fire truck necessary., as the BLOOD OF JESUS has put out the Eternal FIRE that was heading for every Born Again Christian.

Well you got it completely wrong.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you dont agree with John 3:16

And you deny 2 Corinthians 5:19

And you refuse to accept John 3:17
LOL
I nor the bible agrees with Once Saved Always Saved.
John the Baptist and Christ and and the Apostles say water baptism is required.
They only knew one kind of baptism.
It is all the same....if you are not doing a water baptism you are not going to get the Spirit baptism.
To say any different is evil people twisting the scritures.

Last edited: