What Does John 3:16 Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Young's Literal Translation
for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

What does loved mean?

Strong's Concordance
agapaó: to love
Original Word: ἀγαπάω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: agapaó
Phonetic Spelling: (ag-ap-ah'-o)
Definition: to love
Usage: I love, wish well to, take pleasure in, long for; denotes the love of reason, esteem.

HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 25 agapáō – properly, to prefer, to love; for the believer, preferring to "live through Christ" (1 Jn 4:9,10), i.e. embracing God's will (choosing His choices) and obeying them through His power. 25 (agapáō) preeminently refers to what God prefers as He "is love" (1 Jn 4:8,16). See 26 (agapē).

With the believer, 25 /agapáō ("to love") means actively doing what the Lord prefers, with Him (by His power and direction). True 25 /agapáō ("loving") is always defined by God – a "discriminating affection which involves choice and selection" (WS, 477). 1 Jn 4:8,16,17 for example convey how loving ("preferring," 25 /agapáō) is Christ living His life through the believer.​

What does world mean?

Strong's Concordance
kosmos: order, the world
Original Word: κόσμος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: kosmos
Phonetic Spelling: (kos'-mos)
Definition: order, the world
Usage: the world, universe; worldly affairs; the inhabitants of the world; adornment.

HELPS Word-studies
2889 kósmos (literally, "something ordered") – properly, an "ordered system" (like the universe, creation); the world.

[The English term "cosmetic" is derived from 2889 /kósmos, i.e. the order ("ensemble") used of treating the face as a whole.]​

What does Son mean?

Strong's Concordance
huios: a son
Original Word: υἱός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: huios
Phonetic Spelling: (hwee-os')
Definition: a son
Usage: a son, descendent.

HELPS Word-studies
5207 hyiós – properly, a son (by birth or adoption); (figuratively) anyone sharing the same nature as their Father. For the believer, becoming a son of God begins with being reborn (adopted) by the heavenly Father – through Christ (the work of the eternal Son). In the NT, 5207 /hyiós ("son") equally refers to female believers (Gal 3:28).

5207 /hyiós ("son") emphasizes likeness of the believer to the heavenly Father, i.e. resembling His character more and more by living in faith ("God's inwrought persuasons," see 4102 /pístis).

5207 /hyiós ("son") highlights the (legal) right to the Father's inheritance, i.e. as the believer lives in conformity with the Father's nature (purpose).​

What does begotten mean?

Strong's Concordance
monogenés: only begotten
Original Word: μονογενής, ές
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: monogenés
Phonetic Spelling: (mon-og-en-ace')
Definition: only begotten
Usage: only, only-begotten; unique.

HELPS Word-studies
3439 monogenḗs (from 3411 /misthōtós, "one-and-only" and 1085 /génos, "offspring, stock") – properly, one-and-only; "one of a kind" – literally, "one (monos) of a class, genos" (the only of its kind).​

What does believing mean?

Strong's Concordance
pisteuó: to believe, entrust
Original Word: πιστεύω
Transliteration: pisteuó
Phonetic Spelling: (pist-yoo'-o)
Definition: to believe, entrust
Usage: I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.

HELPS Word-studies
4100 pisteúō (from 4102 /pístis, "faith," derived from 3982 /peíthō, "persuade, be persuaded") – believe (affirm, have confidence); used of persuading oneself (= human believing) and with the sacred significance of being persuaded by the Lord (= faith-believing). Only the context indicates whether 4100 /pisteúō ("believe") is self-serving (without sacred meaning), or the believing that leads to/proceeds from God's inbirthing of faith.​

What does perishing mean?

Strong's Concordance
apollumi: to destroy, destroy utterly
Original Word: ἀπόλλυμι
Transliteration: apollumi
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-ol'-loo-mee)
Definition: to destroy, destroy utterly
Usage: (a) I kill, destroy, (b) I lose, mid: I am perishing (the resultant death being viewed as certain).

HELPS Word-studies
622 apóllymi (from 575 /apó, "away from," which intensifies ollymi, "to destroy") – properly, fully destroy, cutting off entirely (note the force of the prefix, 575 /apó).

622 /apóllymi ("violently/completely perish") implies permanent (absolute) destruction, i.e. to cancel out (remove); "to die, with the implication of ruin and destruction" (L & N, 1, 23.106); cause to be lost (utterly perish) by experiencing a miserable end.

[This is also the meaning of 622 /apóllymi dating back to Homer (900 bc.]​

What does life mean?

Strong's Concordance
zóé: life
Original Word: ζωή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: zóé
Phonetic Spelling: (dzo-ay')
Definition: life
Usage: life, both of physical (present) and of spiritual (particularly future) existence.

HELPS Word-studies
2222 zōḗlife (physical and spiritual). All life (2222 /zōḗ), throughout the universe, is derived – i.e. it always (only) comes from and is sustained by God's self-existent life. The Lord intimately shares His gift of life with people, creating each in His image which gives all the capacity to know His eternal life.
What does Age during mean?

Strong's Concordance
aiónios: agelong, eternal
Original Word: αἰώνιος, ία, ιον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: aiónios
Phonetic Spelling: (ahee-o'-nee-os)
Definition: agelong, eternal
Usage: age-long, and therefore: practically eternal, unending; partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age, as contrasted with that which is brief and fleeting.

HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 166 aiṓnios (an adjective, derived from 165 /aiṓn ("an age, having a particular character and quality") – properly, "age-like" ("like-an-age"), i.e. an "age-characteristic" (the quality describing a particular age); (figuratively) the unique quality (reality) of God's life at work in the believer, i.e. as the Lord manifests His self-existent life (as it is in His sinless abode of heaven). "Eternal (166 /aiṓnios) life operates simultaneously outside of time, inside of time, and beyond time – i.e. what gives time its everlasting meaning for the believer through faith, yet is also time-independent. See 165 (aiōn).

[166 (aiṓnios) does not focus on the future per se, but rather on the quality of the age (165 /aiṓn) it relates to. Thus believers live in "eternal (166 /aiṓnios) life" right now, experiencing this quality of God's life now as a present possession. (Note the Gk present tense of having eternal life in Jn 3:36, 5:24, 6:47; cf. Ro 6:23.)]​

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in 1973, someone read John 3:16 to me.
As I watched him with my eyes, my mind's eyes saw this: I was somewhere else.
In front of me, no more than a meter, was a curtain, apparently split in the middle.
In one thrust, a hand holding a sword came through the curtain and sunk it deep into my belly.
Instantly, in my center, I knew it was true.
We prayed after that, and I had my first snot-ministry time. Lol!
It means what it says...by revelation from God!
Praise Jesus! :)
For all who are thirsty, there is water to drink.
For all who hunger, there is a food that satisfies.
For all who are dirty, there is a cleansing flood.
For all who are needy, there is a loving God.
For there is a King, who left His throne.
There is an awesome God, who will never, never, leave us alone.
He came to this earth and He died on a cross.
For you and me, His very life was lost.
But the power of death and the keys of hell,
Could not hold Him down and He's alive and well.
At the right hand of the Father, He is seated forevermore.
He's the King of glory, He's the Jesus we adore! - by David Ruis

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-29_8-18-32.png
    upload_2021-4-29_8-18-32.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in 1973, someone read John 3:16 to me.
As I watched him with my eyes, my mind's eyes saw this: I was somewhere else.
In front of me, no more than a meter, was a curtain, apparently split in the middle.
In one thrust, a hand holding a sword came through the curtain and sunk it deep into my belly.
Instantly, in my center, I knew it was true.
We prayed after that, and I had my first snot-ministry time. Lol!
It means what it says...by revelation from God!
Praise Jesus! :)
For all who are thirsty, there is water to drink.
For all who hunger, there is a food that satisfies.
For all who are dirty, there is a cleansing flood.
For all who are needy, there is a loving God.
For there is a King, who left His throne.
There is an awesome God, who will never, never, leave us alone.
He came to this earth and He died on a cross.
For you and me, His very life was lost.
But the power of death and the keys of hell,
Could not hold Him down and He's alive and well.
At the right hand of the Father, He is seated forevermore.
He's the King of glory, He's the Jesus we adore! - by David Ruis

It is good to know you are okay, Truman. Thank you for sharing your post.

Reactions: Pearl and Truman

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is humanistic Theology where man's idea is propped up by reading into a verse, which is 'eisegesis'. Biblical Theology is where you read out of a verse what God says, this is 'exegesis'. I strive to arrive at Biblical Theology by exegesis. For example with one verse -

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16 KJV)

I must know what is meant by "world", "whosoever" and "believeth".

The English "world" is the Greek "kosmos" and Thayer's gives 8 different meanings for the word.

Kosmos is κόσμος is found on page 356, lower right column. The applicable definition is #5, ""the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human race", a very general definition. It does NOT state every human without exception. The context must indicate it means every person without exception if that is the meaning. For example world/kosmos is clearly not every person without exception -

"For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world." (John 7:4 KJV)
"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world." (Rom 1:8 KJV)

The KJV believeth is simply the Early Modern English third-person present tense form used to express the continuous or habitual action of believing, particularly in relation to religious faith and trust in the Bible. This is clearly expressed in the Young's Literal Translation -

"for God did so love the world, that His Son--the only begotten--He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during." (John 3:16 YLT)

The verse is not a formula saying "that whosoever will believe", but whosoever is believing in the present tense. The verse is stating a fact of what is existing in the present.

Here in John chapter three(KJV), Jesus is speaking to Nicodemus who is referred to in v1 as "a man of the Pharisees", a "ruler of the Jews", in v10 "a master of Israel".

The Jews thought that God loved only them, and the Messiah was coming for them alone, only THEY were God's chosen people. But Jesus is making clear that God loved not only Jews, but the "world", Gentile as well as Jew! This meaning of "world" is used by Paul -

"I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?" (Rom 11:11-12 KJV)

John himself gives a similar statement in Rev. 5:9 where Jesus is said to redeem by death, those "out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation". That is the "world" of John 3:16, Gentiles as well as Jews!

The "world" means Gentiles are included with the Jews and are referred to as "the world". Back to John 3:16, Jesus is stating a fact, those who are "believing" will not perish and that means everyone who is believing. Can God's love mean he loves one day but the next day sends one he loves to hell? God's love is everlasting, immutable: "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." (Jer 31:3 KJV)

There are those who God hates as shown in Malachi 1:3 and Romans 9:13, and in more detail in Proverbs 6:16-19. *A word can be literal or figurative; but If God's "hate" can mean to love less; can God's "love" mean to hate less?

I see only humanism reading into the verse that God so loved every person without exception. I do not even find that anywhere in the Scriptures. John 3:16 does not support the humanistic theology of Arminianism!

Kabone

May 15, 2024
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Can we drill deeper into ‘perish’? Every version I have seen uses this exact word. Curiously, the alternate consequence wording varies. Most versions read ‘everlasting life’, but young’s literal translation reads ‘life age-during’. But the word ‘perish’ never changes.
In the end 1 of 2 things will happen. You will have everlasting life or perish. Then there are the verses that talk about being thrown into hell; that hell is a miserable place. It’s at least implied that hell is forever. So it seems it’s everlasting either way. But Jesus didn’t say ‘shall not have everlasting misery, but everlasting life’.
In all the definitions of perish given in the OP, none allude to being in hell, or even just separate from god, for eternity. (Also not sure why chose to define ‘perishing’ when the word is ‘perish’)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can we drill deeper into ‘perish’? Every version I have seen uses this exact word. Curiously, the alternate consequence wording varies. Most versions read ‘everlasting life’, but young’s literal translation reads ‘life age-during’. But the word ‘perish’ never changes.
In the end 1 of 2 things will happen. You will have everlasting life or perish. Then there are the verses that talk about being thrown into hell; that hell is a miserable place. It’s at least implied that hell is forever. So it seems it’s everlasting either way. But Jesus didn’t say ‘shall not have everlasting misery, but everlasting life’.
In all the definitions of perish given in the OP, none allude to being in hell, or even just separate from god, for eternity. (Also not sure why chose to define ‘perishing’ when the word is ‘perish’)
Well reasoned….in order to punish a soul eternally they have to be kept alive eternally…..but eternal life is granted only to the righteous…..there is no such place as Christendom’s “hell”…..it is a scare tactic used to promote conformity. Fear is a powerful weapon. That “hell” does not exist. “The second death“ is exactly that….opposite to the first death from which a person can be resurrected….no one comes back from the second death….it is eternal elimination from life…period. To “perish” is to be “utterly destroyed” (Matt 10:28)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What does loved mean?
My two cents.

Firstly....NEVER EVER. Acknowledge anything of “ SELF” it knows “,NOTHING “!

All knowledge of the written word comes to us via the “ LIVING HOLY SPIRIT “....we know and are NOTHING without the LIVING HOLY SPIRIT.....

To be Loved by God, one must be Born Of The Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Gods Living Witness who witnesses to our spirit the Love Of God, he pours the Love Of God unto our heart/ spirit when he makes us Born Again ( supernatural act that only the Spirit can do).

Romans 5:5
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

New Living Translation
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

English Standard Version
and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Berean Standard Bible
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

Now, to be in the righteousness of Christ is to be clothed with His righteousness, we can only become clothed with righteousness, when we are Born Of The Spirit, we are then partakers Of The Divine nature .... Gods word says you must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

2 Peter 1:4
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

New Living Translation
And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

English Standard Version
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

Berean Standard Bible
Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

We are in Him by becoming Born Again by the Living Holy Spirit...we aren’t in Him without His Spirit ....our spirit must be Born Again. “ Flesh gives birth to flesh “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “.

1 John 4:13
This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit.

New Living Translation
And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us.

English Standard Version
By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
By this we know that we remain in Him, and He in us: He has given us of His Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us: because He has given to us from out of His Spirit.

King James Bible
Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

New Living Translation
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

English Standard Version
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Berean Standard Bible
God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My two cents.

All knowledge of the written word comes to us via the “ LIVING HOLY SPIRIT “....we know and are NOTHING without the LIVING HOLY SPIRIT.....

To be Loved by God, one must be Born Of The Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Gods Living Witness who witnesses to our spirit the Love Of God, he pours the Love Of God unto our heart/ spirit when he makes us Born Again ( supernatural act that only the Spirit can do).

And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

New Living Translation
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

English Standard Version
and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Berean Standard Bible
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

Now, to be in the righteousness of Christ is to be clothed with His righteousness, we can only become clothed with righteousness, when we are Born Of The Spirit, we are then partakers Of The Divine nature .... Gods word says you must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

New Living Translation
And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

English Standard Version
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

Berean Standard Bible
Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

We are in Him by becoming Born Again by the Living Holy Spirit...we aren’t in Him without His Spirit ....our spirit must be Born Again. “ Flesh gives birth to flesh “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “.

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version
By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
By this we know that we remain in Him, and He in us: He has given us of His Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us: because He has given to us from out of His Spirit.

King James Bible
Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

s
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

New Living Translation
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

English Standard Version
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Berean Standard Bible
God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My two cents.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible
Hey rita . let us examine something so simple a wee child could see it .
What if i came to you and said , rita we can know math and recorded and written math
comes to us . and yet i was saying two plus two equals five .
And another stood and told me , hey wait , two plus two is not five , for math is written on my heart , its six .
What if another stood and said HEY fellows , true math is written on my heart and i tell you all two plus two is eight .
TELL me were they all correct . ALL said they knew true math and that the written math
was on their hearts and yet they answers SURE DIDNT ADD UP to WRITTEN MATH .
and that IS THE PROBLEM i am seeing with many . THEY are claiming they born again
that by the living word the written word is on their hearts
and yet RATHER ODD their living word , its truth DONT ADD UP to the TRUTH IN THE BIBLE .
You be encouraged and be blessed . but that is why i beg folks GET IN THAT BIBLE and DO TEST ALL THINGS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My two cents.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible
He who loves me will keep my sayings . My father will LOVE HIM and we will come and make our abode with him .
Jacob have i loved but essau have i hated . So many seem to want so hard to believe
that god loveth sin that god loveth sin , that god loveth sin and accepts sin .
ME and MY FATHER WILL LOVE HIM . who is the HIM , the whom . HE who keeps my commandments .
What are HIS commandments . TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and to love one another .
And notice it didnt say to Beleive on another jesus , or any ol religion and love one another .
We better watch out for many seducers who have been seduced by another love
another idea which their fleshly hearts did love and now they try and teach others . THEY BE MANY RITA .
as the grains of sands upon a beach THEY CANNOT be numbered . I never SEEN ANYTHING like
the delusion i am seeing today and it is one that is now MERGING the false to unite with the false
and JESUS IS GETTING WELL TROD UNDER FOOT . this is not looking good for so very very many .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sheep dont eat wolves food , they eat the pure green grass of the words of our LORD .
too many be a feasting on the mix . wambs chow or sholfs chow . the blend . and that aint
any food a lamb gonna eat and partake of either .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this generation is the through a false concept of common ground
three wolves are convincing the sheep to come sit and their table and to discuss what to have for DINNER .
That wont bode well for the sheep . these wolves KNOW HOW TO BAIT folks .
THREE WOLVES and a sheep sitting at the table
and all discussing what to have for a common ground meal . I JUST BET it wont be the GREEN GRASS SHEEP WERE TO FEED UPON
me bets its gonna be lamb chops for dinner folks .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My two cents.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible
Rita , i dont give a rip one what anyone says about ya , you knows i loves ya . NOW hit the trenches .
Just as i worry not or care not what so many say about me .
The only thing that matters to me is , WHOM DOES GOD APPROVE OF
and if one is NOT IN JESUS CHRIST , well it aint gonna be them that is justified , made righteous
IT IS GOD who justifies and NOT MAN . and there be ONLY ONE WAY TO BE JUSTIFIED
any guesses on that ONE WAY or HIS NAME . YOU KNOW IT , ITS JESUS THE CHRIST . now hit them trenches .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
far too many have made it their lifes mission to preach an incluisive universal salvation , and give out much false hope .
By grace I KNOW WHO SAVES .
Lets allow some of his words shall we .
JUST as MOSES lifted up the serpent in the wilderness
so too must the son of man be lifted up
that WHO SO EVER BELEIVES in HIM , that did say BELIEVES IN HIM ,
shall NOT PERISH but shall have eternal life .
For GOD so loved the world that HE gave His only begotten SON
that all who do BELIEVE , that DID SAY BELEIVE
shall not perish but have everlasting life .
As far as who is condmened . WELL lets see who is condemned shall we .
HE who believes IS NOT CONDEMNED . SO WE SEE IT AINT THEM
but he who believes not IS CONDEMENDED already , for he or she has not BELEIVED
on the NAME of the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON O GOD .
WHOOOPS there IT IS . that darn simple folks .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LIKE i wrote afore and above , LAMBS DONT EAT WOLFS CHOW
lambs eat OF EVERY WORD OF GOD . THE GOSPEL , get busy preaching the REAL DEAL
and lets not be as many who offer up some false hope that just wont be saving anyone .
TIME to preach JESUS THE CHRIST , ALL HE DID TEACH , all that the apostels later taught
and all sound biblical doctrine . Lambs dont eat wambs chow , for wambs chow is naught but WOLFS CHOW .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank goodness, God showed his love by sending his Son. Yeshua didnt give up his life just for believers, but non-believers too.
“And the Spirit expressly speaketh, that in latter times shall certain fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and teachings of demons, in hypocrisy speaking lies, being seared in their own conscience, forbidding to marry — to abstain from meats that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those believing and acknowledging the truth, because every creature of God [is] good, and nothing [is] to be rejected, with thanksgiving being received, for it is sanctified through the word of God and intercession. These things placing before the brethren, thou shalt be a good ministrant of Jesus Christ, being nourished by the words of the faith, and of the good teaching, which thou didst follow after, and the profane and old women's fables reject thou, and exercise thyself unto piety, for the bodily exercise is unto little profit, and the piety is to all things profitable, a promise having of the life that now is, and of that which is coming; stedfast [is] the word, and of all acceptation worthy; for for this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men — especially of those believing.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬-‭10‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

With a plan to resurrect all, with a message concerning the state of the dead, in Revelation 21 - 22. I’m familiar enough to know that when one abides and relied upon the spirit to come forthright; there are always heavenly aspect that follow suit. Agape love for one.

“If with the tongues of men and of messengers I speak, and have not love, I have become brass sounding, or a cymbal tinkling; and if I have prophecy, and know all the secrets, and all the knowledge, and if I have all the faith, so as to remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing; and if I give away to feed others all my goods, and if I give up my body that I may be burned, and have not love, I am profited nothing. The love is long-suffering, it is kind, the love doth not envy, the love doth not vaunt itself, is not puffed up, doth not act unseemly, doth not seek its own things, is not provoked, doth not impute evil, rejoiceth not over the unrighteousness, and rejoiceth with the truth; all things it beareth, all it believeth, all it hopeth, all it endureth.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬-‭7‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Loving someone even if you just now found out they had an offense that is off putting, like pedophilia. Many people down here in the south, just desire to murder these sick people and leave them on an island and let them kill themselves. We kill our selves and our relationship with Yahweh when we hate, our neighbor in my opinion regardless of the mark set upon them (perm life record, etc…)

Amazing that Yahweh blessed Cain; even after the fact of murdering him…

“And Cain saith unto Abel his brother, [‘Let us go into the field;’] and it cometh to pass in their being in the field, that Cain riseth up against Abel his brother, and slayeth him. And Jehovah saith unto Cain, ‘Where [is] Abel thy brother?’ and he saith, ‘I have not known; my brother's keeper — I?’ And He saith, ‘What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood is crying unto Me from the ground; and now, cursed [art] thou from the ground, which hath opened her mouth to receive the blood of thy brother from thy hand; when thou tillest the ground, it doth not add to give its strength to thee — a wanderer, even a trembling one, thou art in the earth.’ And Cain saith unto Jehovah, ‘Greater is my punishment than to be borne; lo, Thou hast driven me to-day from off the face of the ground, and from Thy face I am hid; and I have been a wanderer, even a trembling one, in the earth, and it hath been — every one finding me doth slay me.’ And Jehovah saith to him, ‘Therefore — of any slayer of Cain sevenfold it is required;’ and Jehovah setteth to Cain a token that none finding him doth slay him. And Cain goeth out from before Jehovah, and dwelleth in the land, moving about east of Eden; and Cain knoweth his wife, and she conceiveth, and beareth Enoch; and he is building a city, and he calleth the name of the city, according to the name of his son — Enoch.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬-‭17‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Yahweh is far above us, and Yeshua came to teach us in wisdom.

“Since also Jews ask a sign, and Greeks seek wisdom, also we — we preach Christ crucified, to Jews, indeed, a stumbling-block, and to Greeks foolishness, and to those called — both Jews and Greeks — Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God, because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men; for see your calling, brethren, that not many [are] wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but the foolish things of the world did God choose, that the wise He may put to shame; and the weak things of the world did God choose that He may put to shame the strong; and the base things of the world, and the things despised did God choose, and the things that are not, that the things that are He may make useless — that no flesh may glory before Him; and of Him ye — ye are in Christ Jesus, who became to us from God wisdom, righteousness also, and sanctification, and redemption, that, according as it hath been written, ‘He who is glorying — in the Lord let him glory.’”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭22‬-‭31‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

If I had a son, or a daughter and they told me they are a struggling addict, also they are lesbian or gay, or whatever, or they just relayed to me of them commit some horrible crime. You have to make a decision whether or not you’re gonna report that crime. However when it comes to judging them as though you; yourself are Yahweh? I believe that is dangerous territory.

“not avenging yourselves, beloved, but give place to the wrath, for it hath been written, ‘Vengeance [is] Mine, I will recompense again, saith the Lord;’ if, then, thine enemy doth hunger, feed him; if he doth thirst, give him drink; for this doing, coals of fire thou shalt heap upon his head; Be not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭19‬-‭21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Thank you to all who participated, or actively participating.