Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, materializing in physical form was apparently a provision given to God’s spirit sons who were also free willed. They could obviously materialize without God’s permission, as God is all knowing and would have forbidden them if it was his will. Do you have thoughts about God’s permission of evil? Why has he allowed the devil and his angels such freedom to wreak havoc on the earth, and also in heaven for a time.
Does the account in Job answer that question?
Before God made the earth and everything on it and the universe too He could see the end from the beginning. His plan was perfection forever. But not as robots but as beings in love with God that would never sin. It is like a smelting pot of gold where the impurities would rise to the top and be skimmed off leaving only pure gold. That fire under the pot is like the devil and sin. Only free will assures God of finally a forever of holiness.

Yes, I think Job is a good example of enduring to the end where trials perfected him.
When satan appeared to Eve as a serpent, perhaps he gave himself that form to converse with her? All we know is that that “original serpent” was identified in Revelation 20:1-3, as ”the devil” and “satan”.
Agree. I wonder what snakes were first created as. The curse removed its limbs.
You are speaking about two totally different times…one pre-flood….the other post-flood.
The Nephilim were the children born to the demon angels whom God wiped out in the flood. All that breathed, perished in the deluge, except Noah and his family and the animals that God brought to Noah…..they were the only survivors.

Those mentioned after the flood who were of extraordinary size we’re not the original Nephilim because no Nephilim survived the flood. Nor does the Bible say that the Nephilim reproduced…..as hybrids, they were probably sterile.
Exactly. The "post flood" is "and afterwards." That first batch of angels that fell made the first Nephilims that died in the flood. But other angels that had not yet fallen did so after the flood and produced a new batch of Nephilim making up a few nations that God wanted the Israelites to kill. Do you think the eternal side of these hybrids are now demons, or just fallen angels that never were with human women?
ou are speaking about two totally different times…one pre-flood….the other post-flood.
The Nephilim were the children born to the demon angels whom God wiped out in the flood. All that breathed, perished in the deluge, except Noah and his family and the animals that God brought to Noah…..they were the only survivors.

Those mentioned after the flood who were of extraordinary size we’re not the original Nephilim because no Nephilim survived the flood. Nor does the Bible say that the Nephilim reproduced…..as hybrids, they were probably sterile.

Reviewing the account, we see in Genesis 4:1-3 that tells of “the sons of the true God” taking human women for their own pleasure…..“all whom they chose”, and of Jehovah’s statement that he was going to end his patience with men after 120 years.
Verse 4 then speaks of the Nephilim proving to be in the earth “in those days,” (evidently the days when God made the statement). Then it shows that this situation continued “after that, when the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men,” and describes in more detail the results of the union of “the sons of the true God” with women in the 120 years that he had foretold, alowing Noah to have a family and to build the enormous structure that was going to preserve all air breathing life, when a deluge was to sweep away the wicked.
I think you mean Genesis 6:1-3
Who then were the giants spoken of in Numbers 13:31-33

“The ten spies” who brought back to the Israelites in the wilderness a false report on the land of Canaan, promised to them by Jehovah, declared: “All the people whom we saw in the midst of it are men of extraordinary size. And there we saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, who are from the Nephilim; so that we became in our own eyes like grasshoppers, and the same way we became in their eyes.”
No doubt there were some large men in Canaan, as other scriptures show, but never except in this “bad report,” which was carefully couched in language designed to strike terror and cause panic among the Israelites, are they called “Nephilim”. They were identified as ”the sons of Anak”. (Deut 9:1-3)

Their great stature caused them to be used as a standard of comparison in describing even the giantlike men of the Emim and the Rephaim. Their strength apparently produced the proverbial saying: “Who can make a firm stand before the sons of Anak?”
Although called “Nephilim” by the cowardly Israelite spies, they were not any relation to the pre-flood offspring of the demon angels.
Whether the Anakim were related to the Philistines in some way is not stated in Scripture, but they too had their “giants”…Goliath and his brother.

Even today, the Maasai in Africa are a very tall race of people.
Answered above "and afterwards."
I am inclined to believe that too, because Satan works on people over a period of time (and maybe his angelic brothers too) to convince them of the benefits of doing as he says under the guise of freedom….but all they are doing is swapping one master (a benevolent one) for another, deceptive and malevolent in more ways than we can imagine.
:)
Anyone who has encountered these people, (agents of the devil) will know how evil infiltrates their lives and the lives of those around them, so that it makes it difficult to break free.
Prayer is powerful.
I had a dream recently where I saw Satan and had no fear. I just walked up to him and took him by the arm and cast him out of the house. There were lesser beings in this old house also and by the time I woke up I had cast all of the demons and "ghosts" out. I woke up with the biggest grin on my face and I felt the power of Jesus all through me. What a night that was!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fallen angels who started the Nephilim are spoken of in Jude 1:6 "And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."
That judgment day is yet future....the “everlasting chains under dense darkness” was God permanently removing their ability to materialize so as not to take humanity down that path again. Why would he allow Noah and his family to go to all that trouble taking decades to construct the ark and making provisions for all the animals and themselves for a long stay on board, only for it to happen again?

The eternal fire will be the end of all who disobey their Sovereign ruler and engage in disgusting sexual practices. This is eternal death.....as “Gehenna” was a symbol.
However those angels were not the only angels to fall. Genesis 6 also says "4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them." Goliath and his brothers were from a nation of Nephilim. This is why God commanded the Israelites to kill all of them including children.
The Nephilim were completely destroyed in the flood because they were not sons of Adam, for whom Christ would come in the future to give his life for them. There was no reason for God to allow the Nephilim to resurface and do more damage...otherwise God could have empowered Noah and his sons to physically destroy them using his angelic forces to back them up, as he did in the days of ancient Israel...even when they were hopelessly outnumbered, they still gained the victory.

The men of extraordinary size after the flood, were identified as the Anakim....sons of Anak.
They resembled the Nephilim in size, and ferocity, but no post flood survivor outside of Noah’s family ever saw them....they only heard about them.
In Revelation when it says a third of the angels fell with Satan, because of those words "and also afterward," I believe that Satan was the first one to fall, but the rest of the third that would fall was not all at the same time.
Yes I agree that satan works on individuals as well as collectives in presenting to them his evil agenda....
He has to convince them that there is benefit is going against God’s laws. What did he say to Eve? He told her she would “not die”, but would “be like God” if she ate the fruit.....she ate the fruit, but she did not die immediately....however, she began the slow descent into death from that very day....experiencing the hardship of life on cursed ground, painful childbirth, and the death of her firstborn at the hands of his brother.....was her disobedience worth what she lost? She would never get it back...nor would Adam who was told that death was a return to the dust out of which they were created......no afterlife was ever mentioned to them. They had no excuse for what they did.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Before God made the earth and everything on it and the universe too He could see the end from the beginning. His plan was perfection forever. But not as robots but as beings in love with God that would never sin. It is like a smelting pot of gold where the impurities would rise to the top and be skimmed off leaving only pure gold. That fire under the pot is like the devil and sin. Only free will assures God of finally a forever of holiness.

Yes, I think Job is a good example of enduring to the end where trials perfected him.
We see in Job’s example, who it was that inflicted his trials....in his opening statement God said to satan......

“Where have you come from?” Satan answered Jehovah: “From roving about on the earth and from walking about in it.” 8 And Jehovah said to Satan: “Have you taken note of my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth. He is an upright man of integrity, fearing God and shunning what is bad.”

Why would God say such a thing unless satan had already set himself against this man in an effort to destroy his faith?

Satan’s response was....
“Is it for nothing that Job has feared God? 10 Have you not put up a protective hedge around him and his house and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his livestock has spread out in the land. 11 But, for a change, stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your very face.”

Challenge number one.....was Job’s faith in his God selfishly motivated? Was it just for the blessings that he served his God so faithfully?

Being the righteous God that he was, he could not bring these things on Job himself, but knowing the depth of this man’s faith, he allowed satan to test him. (1 Cor 10:13)

12 Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Look! Everything that he has is in your hand. Only do not lay your hand on the man himself!” So Satan went out from the presence of Jehovah.”

Boundaries were set so that satan could not take Job beyond his limits.....this was about what Job possessed, not about his physical person......but how far was too far, when we see what satan did to him all at once?
He lost everything he owned.....all his possessions were taken away...but his most precious possessions were his children....and satan took all ten of them. Can we begin to imagine the pain of losing one child let alone 10 all at once?
Doesn’t this show us what the devil is capable of?......the depths he will go to, to try our faith?

20 At that Job got up and ripped apart his garment and cut the hair off his head; then he fell to the ground and bowed down 21 and said:
“Naked I came out of my mother’s womb, And naked I will return.
Jehovah has given, and Jehovah has taken away.

Let the name of Jehovah continue to be praised.”

22 In all of this, Job did not sin or accuse God of doing anything wrong.”

But that wasn’t good enough for the devil......challenge number two.....he wanted another test....one that involved the man’s physical stamina and whether his faith would wane under that stress, as if what he had just suffered wasn’t enough....?
The devil then caused a horrible physical affliction that gave Job so much pain that he could not speak for days.....

Even his wife, who had suffered all the same losses, asked Job to “curse God and die”, because she could not bear to see his suffering a moment longer, but he rebuked her and said....
“You are talking like one of the senseless women. Should we accept only what is good from the true God and not accept also what is bad?” In all of this, Job did not sin with his lips.”

Here is a man who is thinking that his God had caused all this trauma, and yet he still did not accuse God of any wrongdoing, thinking that he would be told why in his due time....

Then as if those two events were not bad enough, another challenge......three so called comforters arrived on the scene to tell Job that he must repent of his sins because God is punishing him.....this is unimaginable torture for this righteous man...being accused of sinning against his God and getting his due punishments! He knew that he was not guilty of such things....and with all that he had already suffered was it going to accomplish what the devil sought?

What an amazing man! Who of us would have withstood those trials with our faith intact? Yet Job did.......and I love the way the book of Job ends.....

Job 42:12-16....
“So Jehovah blessed the last part of Job’s life more than the beginning . . . . 13 He also came to have seven more sons and three more daughters. 14 He named the first daughter Je·miʹmah, the second Ke·ziʹah, and the third Kerʹen-hapʹpuch. 15 No women in all the land were as beautiful as Job’s daughters, and their father gave them an inheritance along with their brothers.

16 After this Job lived for 140 years, and he saw his children and his grandchildren—four generations. 17 Finally Job died, after a long and satisfying life.”

Everything that Job lost, was restored with more added....except his children......but Job believed in the resurrection and he knew that he would see them all again in God’s due time, but in the meantime he and his wife were given 10 more children who will all be together again when the resurrection takes place....Job’s large and beautiful family will spend eternity together when Jesus brings them all back to the earthly paradise that Job looked forward to. (John 5:28-29)
His story is there to inspire us.
Agree. I wonder what snakes were first created as. The curse removed its limbs.
“Then Jehovah God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, you are the cursed one out of all the domestic animals and out of all the wild animals of the field. On your belly you will go, and you will eat dust all the days of your life.” (Gen 3:14)

That is suggested, but snakes come in many different varieties...are they all cursed? Some are harmless and some are deadly......yet there was no deadly creature in original creation, and there will be none in the new world to come....(Isa 65:25)
I think you mean Genesis 6:1-3
I did....typo, sorry....
I had a dream recently where I saw Satan and had no fear. I just walked up to him and took him by the arm and cast him out of the house. There were lesser beings in this old house also and by the time I woke up I had cast all of the demons and "ghosts" out. I woke up with the biggest grin on my face and I felt the power of Jesus all through me. What a night that was!
I don’t put a lot of store in dreams as I have had demonic experiences with dreams due to someone bringing something into my home without my knowledge, and I know that they can come from a bad place. But as the devil also masquerades as “an angel of light”, I will rely on scripture rather than the supernatural to provide me with accurate knowledge of God’s will. He has never let me down yet.....:Thumbsup:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I'm sorry for your dad. Does he also have diabetes?
No. They say he is borderline but his A1C always comes back normal.
But we don't eat much sugar and carbs. Mostly fruits and veggies. Chowders, stews, soups.
His heel is healed now. That big nasty wound is gone. And his butt rash is gone now.
He is doing ok. Sleeps a lot. But for all he's been through, I'm lucky to still have him around.
Monday will be 3 weeks he's been home. And it is a bit challenging. But not impossible.
He looks better than he did in rehab.
Still can't put any strength on his legs, maybe never will. And his hearing is gone now. So I have a dry eraser board I use to write, so we can communicate easier than screaming and losing my voice. LOL

You are what you eat. And food is medicine. Healthy food.
Hard to find and afford it lately but we're doing ok.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as diet I subscribe to the Food Pyramid.
It's upside down.
The Food Pyramid was designed to create obesity and health problems to help profit the medical industry.

In 1992, The US Department of Agriculture developed a food pyramid that reinvented the way most people think about their diet. At the bottom of the pyramid were grains and starches, telling us that the bulk of our diet ought to consist of carbohydrates like cereal and bread. Up at the top—in very moderate amounts—was fat. We were told that low-fat would ensure a healthy life (although not one ounce of good science backed up this claim).

But even while the pyramid was being developed, dietitians knew that fat is essential to our health and can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. They also found little evidence that a high intake of carbohydrates is beneficial. Still, the USDA pyramid was released and the public adopted it. What happened next was staggering.

Obesity rates tripled in 30 years, and with it, cases of type two diabetes and heart disease. Today, 2/3 of Americans are overweight or obese. A growing body of research indicates that the USDA pyramid was grossly flawed.

Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's estimated that the Peshitta dates back to 2nd century A.D.

How old do ya want it? ;)
FIRST CENTURY OLD . its why i stay IN JUST THE BIBLE . it was given by inspiration of GOD
and the apostels left us true letters in it . untainted by the wisdom of men gone wrong . That be THE BOOK this lamb
gonna be feasting upon daily . AND i highly suggest we all do the same . TO THE TRENCHES
we are in the last stages of an all out war .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's upside down.
The Food Pyramid was designed to create obesity and health problems to help profit the medical industry.

In 1992, The US Department of Agriculture developed a food pyramid that reinvented the way most people think about their diet. At the bottom of the pyramid were grains and starches, telling us that the bulk of our diet ought to consist of carbohydrates like cereal and bread. Up at the top—in very moderate amounts—was fat. We were told that low-fat would ensure a healthy life (although not one ounce of good science backed up this claim).

But even while the pyramid was being developed, dietitians knew that fat is essential to our health and can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. They also found little evidence that a high intake of carbohydrates is beneficial. Still, the USDA pyramid was released and the public adopted it. What happened next was staggering.

Hugs

Hugs to you also....
The Food Pyramid was not designed to create obesity and health problems. As a whole the food pyramid subscribes to the belief that we should eat from all five food groups…..Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Meat and Dairy. It does not subscribe to gluttony and no exercise. And just so you know carbohydrates are brain foods and as far as fat.....a moderate amount of fat is important to the development of the brain and milk in the development of strong bones. All of which are important in the development of children.

Now a days you have the green people, people that do not believe in eating animal products and meat. The campaign against milk. LOL The veggie people…..It is almost like a religion and of which they have favorite clichés…..All natural and organic which most people misunderstand….You are in the “in crowd” if you toss these clichés around and drive the prescribed car, the whole low carbon footprint thing. For a lot of them marijuana falls in the category of all natural and organic.

Very few people have access to true all natural and organic foods. For one it would cost $50 to guarantee a head of lettuce was all natural and organic and no one had urinated on it.

For plant based foods for example; True all natural and organic foods are a matter of total control. You start with a green house with a filtration system to control the temperature, the amount of bugs, and protect the dirt and plants from the dreaded chem trails and pollutants.

The dirt is on steam beds so the dirt can be conditioned. Then you start with all natural seeds and such. From there clean water and clean air and proper sunlight. And then the processing of it all has to be controlled and a strict monitoring process for storage and transportation to the grocery stores. Now if a company was doing this in such quantities to feed a country the size of the US….Very few could afford it….Again a head of lettuce could cost you $50 a head. And the same thing goes for animal products….it would have to be indoors and total control.

So people pay extra money for things that have a label on them that says all natural or organic….but they really do not know what they are getting. If you are really into the all natural and organic thing it is best to do it all yourself.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FIRST CENTURY OLD . its why i stay IN JUST THE BIBLE . it was given by inspiration of GOD
and the apostels left us true letters in it . untainted by the wisdom of men gone wrong . That be THE BOOK this lamb
gonna be feasting upon daily . AND i highly suggest we all do the same . TO THE TRENCHES
we are in the last stages of an all out war .
If you're not reading Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, you're not "1st century".

• Sad
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're not reading Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, you're not "1st century".
BUT IF I BE A LOVING THE TRUTH IN SCRIPTURE and not mens twisted dung
I DO BE LOVING THE SAME GOD , CHRIST they first one loved .
PONDER ON that one pard . Me speaks english . not aramaic , nor hebrew nor greek .
BUT TRUE MEN OF GOD did give us true copies in ENGLISH . todays scholars serve satan and have agendas .
NO wonder they often attack the geneva or kjv bible and behave as though they KNOW and UNDERSTAND
the hebrew . YOU FELL FOR A LINE pard .
YOU fell for , HEY YOU CANT SPEAK THESE LANGAUGES SO COME SIT UNDER OUR SCHOLARS WHO CAN .
TIME TO BIBLE UP .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUT IF I BE A LOVING THE TRUTH IN SCRIPTURE and not mens twisted dung
I DO BE LOVING THE SAME GOD , CHRIST they first one loved .
PONDER ON that one pard . Me speaks english . not aramaic , nor hebrew nor greek .
BUT TRUE MEN OF GOD did give us true copies in ENGLISH . todays scholars serve satan and have agendas .
NO wonder they often attack the geneva or kjv bible and behave as though they KNOW and UNDERSTAND
the hebrew . YOU FELL FOR A LINE pard .
YOU fell for , HEY YOU CANT SPEAK THESE LANGAUGES SO COME SIT UNDER OUR SCHOLARS WHO CAN .
TIME TO BIBLE UP .
Look, you can't hate on the Peshitta simply because it's a 2nd century Syriac translation while clinging to your 16th century (and beyond) English translations.

If "1st century" is what is required, then we all better get busy learning Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, right or wrong? As for me, I'll stick to my KJV, Peshitta, and any NT that agrees with the TR.