Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL

When I lived in Arizona I was friends with an older couple who told me their doctor friend of theirs had them on some kind of diet where their bowels moved freely, probably vegetarian. Then he told them to eat one piece of bacon. They did and immediately they were both constipated! That is why I stay away from pork.

Even though it is no longer a sin to eat bacon once the gospel was freed up to go to the Gentiles (Lev. 20 below) (we go back to how it was right after the flood when man and beast could now eat meats of "everything that moved" and clean meat were separated for sacrifice and offerings to God, Gen. 9, (1 Tim. 4:4), but there are still consequences and your choice to be vegetarian is a good one.

Leviticus 20:25-26
25 You shall therefore distinguish between clean animals and unclean, between unclean birds and clean, and you shall not make yourselves abominable by beast or by bird, or by any kind of living thing that creeps on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. 26 And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy, and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine.
Uh...Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV says when Jesus comes back, those found eating bacon are going to be sizzling like bacon ;)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh...Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV says when Jesus comes back, those found eating bacon are going to be sizzling like bacon ;)

No the KJV does not say that….For, behold, Jesus will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind…..Oh my.....I know that there are a lot people that would like for Christ to be attributed by name to anything in the Old Testament but it is just not there.

Those that are focused on being Jewish have incredible skills in reading just about anything into the scriptures. I appreciate the humor factor. I have tracked it in history….People just go off the rails and start making stuff up. A lot of times it is a hatred of something or an attempt to cover something up.

But it is like the people that build a Christian religion base on the Lord of the Rings. It is imaginative and interesting, but not true. Is it because the truth is boring? Is it because they do not understand the truth? That was John Calvin’s problem, he could not figure out the scriptures so he came up with his on theme on the whole Bible and once applied changed everything.

But still, is this about people not understanding the Bible or is it that they don’t like what the Bible says? And the other thing is people will key on few scriptures that are not congruent with the whole of the Bible and change major concepts a crossed the board. The New Testament does allude to Yeshua creating the world. But He never said that He was the Creator God…. “My Father is greater than I.” For one it would take everything away from God the Father.

By the time of the Apostles the Old Testament had already been written and this belief tries to re-write the Old Testament when nothing in the Old Testament contributes anything by name to Yeshua. If you are keying on the words God or Lord it could be anyone of the Trinity….which this confusion is facilitated by the facts that God the Father’s name was removed from the Old Testament and the Holy Spirit’s name was never revealed. So with the words God or Lord being used people can just make up anything they want. It is Yahweh! It is Yeshua! It is the Holy Spirit!

The one God formula for the Trinity adds another confusing concept in that if the Trinity is one God, can you attribute anything to any one of them or are all things done by God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit? And is Yeshua called God the Son in the Old Testament?

It is all a matter of imposing a disconnected reality on the Bible. And it flies in the face of the fact that Yahweh repeatedly said that He was the only God and there was no one like Him…..Should the scriptures have repeated it three times for each one of them? Once you apply this disconnection, nothing really means anything and we are back to nailing God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit to the cross. But again I appreciate the humor level because it is quite imaginative.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Give it up mate….you have no scriptural support for your “Christian” Sabbath observance.
CHRIST The Redeemer to come, the Anointed, Messiah, THE ALMIGHTY GOD "ELOHIM", I AM LORD "YAHWEH", "in the beginning", "made the Sabbath", "blessed the Seventh Day", "sanctified the Seventh Day", "finished the Seventh Day", "rested the Seventh Day", "IN THE EVENING COOL OF the Sixth Day WALKING IN THE GARDEN, CALLING MAN, WHERE ARE YOU?", "HE ON THE SABBATH, REVIVED".

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
CHRIST The Redeemer to come, the Anointed, Messiah,
Yep, that's him....but please answer....firstly....
Who anointed him?
How did he become man's Redeemer? And why did he need to be?
What is redemption?
When did Jesus become the Messiah/Redeemer?
THE ALMIGHTY GOD "ELOHIM", I AM LORD "YAHWEH", "in the beginning", "made the Sabbath", "blessed the Seventh Day", "sanctified the Seventh Day"
This of course describing Yahweh, the one who created his "firstborn" son. (Rev 3:14)
Only the Father is "Almighty"...the son, like the angels is god-like and mighty in power...but no one is Almighty but the Father.
There is a difference between being divine and being deity. There is but one deity, as the Jewish nation was taught. (Deut 6:4)

Yahweh is the Father, not the son....nowhere in all of Scripture is Jesus ever called "Yahweh"...only one person has that name and he is the Creator. (Psalm 83:18) The son has many roles and many names...Yahweh is not one of them.

As John quoted Jesus...."This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ."
This is a salvation issue.....we must know who "the only true God" is....AND "the one whom he sent"...they are two completely separate beings who could talk to one another, and be in separate places at the same time.
The son prays to his Father but never to the holy spirit.
The son is the "holy servant" of his Father... (Acts 4:27) and he is also our High Priest (Heb 3 :1)
Paul even calls him an "apostle....so in that verse...please tell me how God is his own servant and his own High Priest, as well as being his own apostle?
It is absolute unscriptural nonsense. Like picking the 4th Commandment in a list of 10 and making it the main one. It was not first on the list, was it? And no Christian was under obligation to observe the Sabbath because it was given only to Israel.

"finished the Seventh Day", "rested the Seventh Day"
God rested at the beginning of the 7th day, but there is no declaration that it is finished to God's satisfaction, as all the other "days" were. If it concluded with three rebels breaking God's law regarding the TKGE, then where is the declaration indicating its failure?
Can God have any failures?

There was still a lot of work to do.....God merely rested from his creative works as Jesus said...
After healing a man on the Sabbath...."The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well. 16 For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because he was doing these things during the Sabbath. 17 But he answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.”
Were the Father and his son both breaking the Sabbath? Jesus said that they had both kept working.
"IN THE EVENING COOL OF the Sixth Day WALKING IN THE GARDEN, CALLING MAN, WHERE ARE YOU?", "HE ON THE SABBATH, REVIVED".
Reading the Genesis account in ch 1, it appears that the creation of humans occurred towards the end of the 6th day.

But, according to Gen 2:1-3, their sinful course started at the beginning of the 7th day.....and that day has not yet ended.

All that transpired that "day" had to be addressed because God's Sovereignty was challenged and it had to be defended....the issues raised by the devil in Eden had to be addressed.....and they all will be.
The 7th day was set aside for just such a purpose....for all contingencies to arise and to be addressed so that God could bless the 7th day and it would end with his positive declaration as it did with the previous "day".....all would again be "very good"....
It is so logical and simple and yet here you are quibbling about a law that is no longer valid and acting as if anyone who dares to transgress it will be punished. You are free to observe any day you wish for spiritual rest and worship...but you are not free to enforce that law on others as if it is still a punishable offense.
"Christ is the end of the Law"...(Romans 10:4) There it is.....argue with the apostle Paul.

It is not that the law disappeared, but that it was fufilled in Christ...we are now under a new covenant with new laws.....ones that do not require them to be written down because they are etched on hearts now, and governed now by a Bible trained conscience.

Jesus last instructions to his apostles was....
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to follow all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Please tell me where Jesus left a command for his followers to observe the Sabbath after his return to heaven. It was the apostles after they received holy spirit at Pentecost who, upon God's revelation to Peter, received Gentiles into the Christian congregation. Jesus' Jewish followers could continue to observe the Sabbath if they wished, since there was no law against it, but it was no longer binding on them or their Gentile brothers. You are trying to make others feel guilty for not doing what you do, despite the fact that there is no command to hold the Sabbath, no matter what day you choose to worship God.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, but no amount of reflection on what Jesus has done for us leads us to conclude because He is our truth, faithfulness, and reward, we can lie, cheat, and steal...neither should we conclude entrance into His rest permits us to forget the only commandment that begins with "remember" ;)
God's law was not abolished completely because all the things contained in the 10 Commandments were important...but to whom were these laws given? Not to mankind in general, but to Israel alone.

Sin is the reason for the Law.....as Paul said....
"Really, I would not have come to know sin had it not been for the Law. For example, I would not have known covetousness if the Law had not said: “You must not covet.” (Rom 7:7)

"For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, there dwells nothing good; for I have the desire to do what is fine but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good that I wish, but the bad that I do not wish is what I practice. 20 If, then, I do what I do not wish, I am no longer the one carrying it out, but it is the sin dwelling in me.

21 I find, then, this law in my case: When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. 22 I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, 23 but I see in my body another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my body. 24 Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death? 25 Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with my flesh to sin’s law."
(Rom 7:18-25)

What of those nations who did not have God's law? How will God judge them?
Paul tells us....
“For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused.”

So those who do not know the true God through no fault on their part, will not be punished for their ignorance...they have the God-given faculty of conscience and when they instinctively know that something is wrong, and they refrain from doing it, they will be judged as righteous.
Remember Joseph who was a slave in Egypt, became a target of his Master's wife in trying to seduce him.....he ran away from her, instinctively knowing that she was his Master's wife and that he had his Master's trust.....he knew that it would be sinning against his Master but more importantly, against his God.

Did the Patriarchs observe the Sabbath.....the Bible is silent on that.....but surely if it was as important as you suggest, it would have been recorded.....but there is no mention of it.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When did Jesus become the Messiah/Redeemer?
<When did Jesus become the Messiah/Redeemer>
U werk op my senuwees and I'm getting annoyed and that's just what you want and won't be satisfied with unless you get it, 'lady'.
Get it! The question IS NOT utter stupidity, but the Word of God, the Messiah - "ANOINTED OF GOD", God the Son, become Jesus/Redeemer, CONCEIVED of the Holy Spirit and BORN of the virgin Mary.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus last instructions to his apostles was....
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to follow all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Yes, not to you! <to his apostles> You're not an apostles , 'one sent', of Jesus'. God help the nations. . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm glad I don't like pork!
I love it ... but can't eat it, after learning how nasty they are. They're...well...pigs! LOL

I've shared this passage with pork eating Christians and they don't like it one bit, and try to say, "Oh, that's OT" or something like that, while forcefully blinding themselves to the fact that the passage is absolutely an OT prophecy of the Second Coming. Instead of revisiting the issue and discovering the truth that unclean animals are just unclean today as they were when Noah loaded them into the Ark - long before Moses - they'd rather keep rebelling against God through "liberty in Christ".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the KJV does not say that….For, behold, Jesus will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind…..Oh my.....I know that there are a lot people that would like for Christ to be attributed by name to anything in the Old Testament but it is just not there.

Those that are focused on being Jewish have incredible skills in reading just about anything into the scriptures. I appreciate the humor factor. I have tracked it in history….People just go off the rails and start making stuff up. A lot of times it is a hatred of something or an attempt to cover something up.

But it is like the people that build a Christian religion base on the Lord of the Rings. It is imaginative and interesting, but not true. Is it because the truth is boring? Is it because they do not understand the truth? That was John Calvin’s problem, he could not figure out the scriptures so he came up with his on theme on the whole Bible and once applied changed everything.

But still, is this about people not understanding the Bible or is it that they don’t like what the Bible says? And the other thing is people will key on few scriptures that are not congruent with the whole of the Bible and change major concepts a crossed the board. The New Testament does allude to Yeshua creating the world. But He never said that He was the Creator God…. “My Father is greater than I.” For one it would take everything away from God the Father.

By the time of the Apostles the Old Testament had already been written and this belief tries to re-write the Old Testament when nothing in the Old Testament contributes anything by name to Yeshua. If you are keying on the words God or Lord it could be anyone of the Trinity….which this confusion is facilitated by the facts that God the Father’s name was removed from the Old Testament and the Holy Spirit’s name was never revealed. So with the words God or Lord being used people can just make up anything they want. It is Yahweh! It is Yeshua! It is the Holy Spirit!

The one God formula for the Trinity adds another confusing concept in that if the Trinity is one God, can you attribute anything to any one of them or are all things done by God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit? And is Yeshua called God the Son in the Old Testament?

It is all a matter of imposing a disconnected reality on the Bible. And it flies in the face of the fact that Yahweh repeatedly said that He was the only God and there was no one like Him…..Should the scriptures have repeated it three times for each one of them? Once you apply this disconnection, nothing really means anything and we are back to nailing God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit to the cross. But again I appreciate the humor level because it is quite imaginative.
Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV is an Old Testament prophecy written about the Second Coming of Jesus, as any honest Christian scholar can see. I'm happy to go over it verse by verse if you like.

Isaiah didn't get the reputation "The Gospel Prophet" for nothing.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's law was not abolished completely because all the things contained in the 10 Commandments were important...but to whom were these laws given? Not to mankind in general, but to Israel alone.
I hear constantly "the Ten Commandments were given to Israel" which is not accurate. They were merely codified at Sinai - and you can't codify a set of laws unless the individual laws already exist.

Did Cain know murder was sin? Did Joseph know adultery was sin? Did Jacob know idolatry was sin? Sure!

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love it ... but can't eat it, after learning how nasty they are. They're...well...pigs! LOL

I've shared this passage with pork eating Christians and they don't like it one bit, and try to say, "Oh, that's OT" or something like that, while forcefully blinding themselves to the fact that the passage is absolutely an OT prophecy of the Second Coming. Instead of revisiting the issue and discovering the truth that unclean animals are just unclean today as they were when Noah loaded them into the Ark - long before Moses - they'd rather keep rebelling against God through "liberty in Christ".
Except Noah was allowed to eat them. It wasn't a sin. It was only a sin to Jews because they were God's chosen nation and held to a higher standard.

How do you explain Isa. 66 against Genesis 9:3 and 1 Timothy 4:3-4?

3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving;

Do you believe one is Scripture and the other is not?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aunty Jane

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV is an Old Testament prophecy written about the Second Coming of Jesus, as any honest Christian scholar can see. I'm happy to go over it verse by verse if you like.

Isaiah didn't get the reputation "The Gospel Prophet" for nothing.

You cannot teach me any thing about the Bible, just the fantasy that is going on between your ears.

Your statement on Isaiah 66:15-17 is a good example of how you do the whole Bible. The words Jesus and second coming are not in that scripture….In fact the phrase “second coming” is not in the Old Testament. The word Jesus is not in the Old Testament… there is a reason for that.

There is nothing about a second coming of the king that the Jews believed. They believed the Messiah would be a human warlord king that would take out there oppressors and establish his kingdom and put the Jews in power and the Mosaic Law would be Law of the land and the Temple and sacrifices would continue on forever….nothing about Him coming back and establishing a kingdom.

This is one of the reasons that the Jews did not accept Yeshua as the Messiah because someone saying they are a God or the Son of God was the worst sacrilege for them. And in fact this ended His ministry.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except Noah was allowed to eat them. It wasn't a sin. It was only a sin to Jews because they were God's chosen nation and held to a higher standard.

How do you explain Isa. 66 against Genesis 9:3 and 1 Timothy 4:3-4?

3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving;

Do you believe one is Scripture and the other is not?
Only one problem with your assumption:

Any unclean species Noah ate would have ended right there.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot teach me any thing about the Bible, just the fantasy that is going on between your ears.

Your statement on Isaiah 66:15-17 is a good example of how you do the whole Bible. The words Jesus and second coming are not in that scripture….In fact the phrase “second coming” is not in the Old Testament. The word Jesus is not in the Old Testament… there is a reason for that.

There is nothing about a second coming of the king that the Jews believed. They believed the Messiah would be a human warlord king that would take out there oppressors and establish his kingdom and put the Jews in power and the Mosaic Law would be Law of the land and the Temple and sacrifices would continue on forever….nothing about Him coming back and establishing a kingdom.

This is one of the reasons that the Jews did not accept Yeshua as the Messiah because someone saying they are a God or the Son of God was the worst sacrilege for them. And in fact this ended His ministry.
Suit yourself, but be prepared to sizzle along with that bacon you love so.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suit yourself, but be prepared to sizzle along with that bacon you love so.

So what are you going to say to Christ on Judgment Day when He ask you why you made up your own religion....it is obvious that you are just making it up as you go.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
<When did Jesus become the Messiah/Redeemer>
U werk op my senuwees and I'm getting annoyed and that's just what you want and won't be satisfied with unless you get it, 'lady'.
Get it! The question IS NOT utter stupidity, but the Word of God, the Messiah - "ANOINTED OF GOD", God the Son, become Jesus/Redeemer, COCEIVED of the Holy Spirit and BORN of the virgin Mary.
You’re getting annoyed by simple questions, which you apparently find hard to answer? That is your problem. If you can’t answer them scripturally, then all your bluster and insults just prove one thing…..you cannot defend your faith as Peter said we should….

“But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect.”

When did Jesus become God’s “anointed one”? Simple question…..he was anointed at his baptism, when he received the holy spirit and became the “Messiah”. His baptism was not for the forgiveness of sins, because he had none. His baptism was the beginning of his dedicated mission….to teach his Father’s truth and to lay down his life for the sins of mankind who accepted him as their savior.

He became mankind’s Redeemer when he paid the price for their “purchase” with his blood.
1 Cor 7:22-23….
”For anyone who was called in the Lord when a slave is the Lord’s freedman; likewise anyone who was called when a freeman is a slave of Christ. 23 You were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men.”

See, nothing to get angry about, except when you are shown up for your lack of knowledge. Your anger and insults are symptoms of something you lack….is pride getting in your way? (Gal 5:19-26)

None of our business. Paul had the authority given him to express an opinion on the issue. We - I and YOU, don't.
Are you serious? An opinion? Those inspired by holy spirit do not express opinions….they are the mouthpiece of God, putting into words his expressions, preserved for us down to this day.

Many have asked about this question, so this would be your answer to them…..good grief!

never has been a more arrogant hoax
Really? So concern for those in remote places or those born into nations that did not get a witness through no fault on their part……you can’t see that the Scripture quoted is the answer to that question…?

God judges them by the condition of their heart. The word of the true God has never reached them.
Your compassion for these ones is duly noted….

Yes, not to you! <to his apostles> You're not an apostles , 'one sent', of Jesus'. God help the nations. . .
So, “the great commission” was to be carried out only by apostles? How many apostles do we know of?
How many did Jesus “send out” to preach his message? Can you account for the fact that Jesus himself is called an “apostle”? He too was ”sent forth” by his God and Father. (Heb 3:1)

Since the message was to “be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations” before the foretold “end” of this wicked world, who then are charged with spreading the message of salvation today? (Matt 24:14)

Rev 22:16-17….
”I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.’”

17 And the spirit and the bride keep on saying, “Come!” and let anyone hearing say, “Come!” and let anyone thirsting come; let anyone who wishes take life’s water free.”

Who are bringing the “good news” to the people “in all the inhabited earth” so that they too can “take life’s water free”? “Let anyone hearing say “Come”…..so it is the responsibility of all Christians to be preachers.

When Jesus said “Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the end of the age.”….We must be preachers and teachers to fulfill this role.…and we must be found in every nation on earth as willing workers in God’s harvest…..we need to be educated ourselves in order to be preachers of the Kingdom. That is our responsibility.

“On seeing the crowds, he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. 38 Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.”

Those neglecting their responsibility, because they have found some excuse not to fulfill the assignment left to them, will be found on the wrong side of God’s judgment. (Ezekiel 3:18-19) People’s lives are at stake….we must love them enough to sacrifice our own time and energy to reach them with “the good news”.…it’s a small thing compared to what God and his son have done for us.