Why not separate the weeds from the wheat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 13:

29 But he said, ‘No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them."

1. When young, They are not easy to distinguish.
  2. Their roots are intertwined. Pulling one affects the roots of the other.
  3. The process is disruptive to the soil condition.
How does uprooting the weeds, which are the unbelievers, also uproot the believers along with them? How does removing the bad ones in this world affect the good ones?

We can't tell which is which with perfect certainty. However, when we can, excommunication is possible. 1 Cor 5:

11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

According to Jesus, we often don't know which is which. When we do know, according to Paul, we should expel them.

Reactions: Azim and amadeus

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”

Looks like a second coming thing to me. They are to grow together till the harvest.

Reactions: Jack and TonyChanYT

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13:

How does uprooting the weeds, which are the unbelievers, also uproot the believers along with them? How does removing the bad ones in this world affect the good ones?

We can't tell which is which with perfect certainty. However, when we can, excommunication is possible. 1 Cor 5:

According to Jesus, we often don't know which is which. When we do know, according to Paul, we should expel them.
I suppose the separation cannot take place until the sin is complete. You can't judge a person just for contemplating sin, I don't believe.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13:

The work of the Kingdom is still active today and will be completed at the end of this age. Of course, ones Eschatology drives this thought that is scriptural.

The parable of the tares in the Kingdom of Heaven, of Matthew 13:24-30, suggests that the tares, that represent evil or false teachings are not plucked out when they are young because it would be difficult for the servants (believers) to distinguish between the wheat (representing good or true teachings) and the tares. The farmer, representing God, instructs the servants to let both grow together until the harvest, which represents the end of the age, when the Kingdom work is completed.

We see this confusion today, in disguising a false teacher or an evil person versus a believer in Christ.

The truth though will come out in the end when all masks come off.

Last edited: