The sealing of the 144,000 is at hand...
The 144,000 are the living stones that Jesus was speaking about when he stated, “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” (John 2:19) The term "this temple" was not the Temple of Stone that existed then. Jesus already inspected that Temple and upon his inspection of it, he found it as a cave of robbers. Did you never read this scripture: ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone.' (Mark 12:10)
"But he was talking about the temple of his body." (John 2:21) Notice the scripture doesn't state his fleshly body for his fleshly body was to be sacrificed once and for all time, but rather 'the temple of his body.' “Just as the body is one but has many members, and all the members of that body, although many, are one body, so too is the Christ.” (1 Cor 12:12)
Allow scripture to interpret scripture. If Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone of God's temple, then there must be other stones. The other living stones are in fact the 144,000. (Rev 7:4) "Just as the Christ is head of the congregation, he being a savior of this body." (Ephesians 5:23b)
These living stones are Christ's Body.
- "Now you are Christ’s body, and each of you individually is a member." (1 Cor 12:27)
- "Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that the spirit of God dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16)
The Apostle Peter also referred to the temple by stating, "As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but chosen, precious to God, you yourselves as living stones are being built up into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, in order to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 2:4-5)
- WTS Quote: Paul calls the congregation “God’s temple.” At Eph 2:21, 22, the congregation is called “a holy temple” that God inhabits “by spirit.” This means that God uses his holy spirit, or invisible active force, to motivate those in the congregation, to sustain them, and to help them cultivate its fruitage. (Ga 5:22, 23) The apostle Peter uses a similar comparison, calling the disciples “living stones.” (1Pe 2:5)
The 144,000 are Christ's body in which mankind can approach the One True God, Jehovah through Jesus Christ. They are also known has Christ's Brothers in how the world of mankind will be Judged in the Last Days that are now coming to their end. Notice the following scriptures:
But how long would the sealing of the 144,000 take? This sealing process is a timed event. It did not take place in a literal 72 hour period. "And I heard the number of those who were sealed, 144,000" (Rev 7:4) And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrise, having a seal of the living God; and he called with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.” (Rev 7:2-3)
- Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’” (John 20:17) Jesus own statement exposes the lie that he and the evildoer went to heaven the same day they were to die. Notice he stated to Mary Magdalene, "Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father" after his resurrection.
- "For just as we have in one body many members, but the members do not all have the same function, so we, although many, are one body in union with Christ, but individually we are members belonging to one another." (Romans 12:4)
- Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.’ (Matthew 25:45) Jesus will condemn those who mistreat the least ones of his brothers.
Did you notice what is to happen before the four angels are allowed to harm the earth? It was after a certain event. Once the 144,000 are sealed, then it paves the way for Jesus to bring judgement upon those who mistreated his chosen ones of the 144,000. The scriptures are pointed. "If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, and you are that temple." (1 Corinthians 3:17)
So let's review Jesus' Prophecy that has been unfolding since Pentecost 33 CE. “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” (John 2:19) This temple is Christ's Brothers of the 144,000 which are in turn Christ's Body. Jesus stated "in three days I will raise it up."
Jesus could of stated this in several ways.
Again, allow scripture to interpret scripture. "He will revive us after two days. On the third day he will raise us up, And we will live before him." (Hosea 6:2)
- in three days
- on the third day
- after two days
Look and see with eyes of faith. Apply the scriptures. "However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day." (2 Peter 3:8)
"Look! I tell you a sacred secret: We will not all fall asleep in death, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the blink of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we will be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:51-52)
- The Body of Christ began to be collected on Pentecost 33 CE.
- Pentecost happened on 33 CE + 2000 yrs = 2033 CE the third day begins 2034. Not all anointed will be heavenly at this point but you can apply other scriptures during the Last Days of this Age as they come to their End:
You won't find 2034 in the Bible, but you won't find 33 CE either. Yet, 33 CE was a 'timed event' that comes from the Messiah being cut off in the middle of that 70th week and Pentecost followed 50 days later. They looked with their eyes but they could not see.
We also get 1914 from another 'timed event' that occurred. But when you add the Last Days of Noah, what do you get for the Last Days of this Age? 1914 + 120 yrs = 2034
Knowing these things doesn't give you divine protection or extraordinary insight but it may make you more accountable to Jehovah. "For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true. It will not be late!" (Habakkuk 2:3)
Four articles you must read @BroRando
The Time Left Is Reduced
Free eBook about the 144,000
Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.
You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!