We would now like to take a look at the correspondences or parallels between the two houses of Israel.
Number (1) refers to prophecy relating to the Jewish age and the fleshly house, and number (2) relates to the Gospel age and the spiritual house.
1) The House of servants 1 Cor. 10:18; Rom. 9:7, 8; 4:16; Heb. 3:5, Founded in Jacob's Twelve Sons 1 Kings 18:31
2) The House of sons Gal. 4:5, 6, 7, 30, 31; 6:15; John 1:12; Rom. 8:15, Founded in Jesus' Twelve Apostles Rev. 21:14
1) A kingdom and priesthood, a holy nation Exod. 19:6, Aaron, Fleshly High-Priest Heb. 9:7
2) A royal priesthood, a holy nation 1 Pet. 2:5, 9, Jesus, the Spiritual High-Priest Heb. 9:11
1) Circumcision of the Flesh Rom. 2:28, 29, Law of Sin and Death Rom. 8:2
2) Circumcision of the Heart Rom. 2:28, 29, Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus Rom. 8:2
1) Earthly Promises Gen. 13:14-17; Acts 7:2-5
2) Heavenly or "Better Promises" Heb. 9:23; 11:40
1) In Captivity to Literal Babylon 2 Chron. 36:20
2) In Captivity to Mystic Babylon Rev. 17:5; 18:4
1) Length of Favor 1845 Years, from Jacob's Death to Israel's Rejection and the Beginning of Spiritual Israel, A.D. 33 (Zech. 9:12; Jer. 16:18; Isa. 40:2)
2) Length of Favor, 1845 Years, from Jesus' Death to the Beginning of Christ's Reign and the Rejection of Babylon, A.D. 1878
1) The Nominal System Cast Off, A.D. 33 Matt. 23:38, 37 Years in Falling, to A.D. 70
2) The Nominal System Spewed Out, A.D. 1878 Rev. 3:16, 37 Years in Falling, to A.D. 1915
“And He shall be for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offense to both the [nominal] houses of Israel." Isa 8:14
1) The end of the Jewish age saw a Harvest of the “wheat and chaff” Luke 10:2, 16 and the Presence of Christ in the Flesh as the Reaper.
He was not accepted, thus they felled in the “day of (THEIR) visitation” John 4:35-38
Our Lord's Presence and the Sacrificial Character of His Death, was the Stumbling-stone.
2) The end of the Gospel Age also ends with a Harvest, this time it is of “wheat and tares” it also marks the Spiritual (i.e. invisible) Presence of Christ (the Second Advent) as Reaper (Matt. 13:24-30, 36-43; Rev14:14, 15)
Our Lord's Presence and the Sacrificial Character of His Death are once again the Stumbling-stone, and once again nominal spiritual Israel is felling in the day of THEIR visitation.
THEY KNEW NOT THE TIME OF THEIR VISITATION Luke 19:44; Matt. 24:38, 39
We will continue with our next post.
Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.
You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!