‘...ground of the truth.’

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joshua 7:10-13 And the Lord said unto Joshua, Get thee up; wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face? [11] Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen,
and dissembled also, and they have put it (it...the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity);even among their own stuff.

[12] Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.
[13] Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow: for thus saith the Lord God of Israel,
There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

You can not stand before your enemies ...until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

In the above is ‘neither will I be with you any more,’ consider this with ‘The shall you call, and the Lord shall say, Here I am.
both speaking of removing, to take away ‘the accursed thing from among you’. What is the accursed thing’ if not that which is shown in Isaiah 58:9
Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

the accursed thing ...the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity.

What does this have to do with ‘...the ground of truth’? Maybe nothing but only wanted to share this first before continuing into a second post ...

You can not stand before your enemies ...until ye take away (remove)the accursed thing from among you. the yoke, the putting forth of the finger and speaking vanity.

Matthew 7:3-5 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? [4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? [5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘...the ground of truth.’ 1 Timothy 3:15-16 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. [16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

there are countless debates on what Jesus Christ stooped and wrote on the ground?
whatever He wrote on the ground ...they heard it: consider the ground of the heart...and He stooped and wrote on the ground ...and they heard His writing

John 8:3-9 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, (of the court)[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. [5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? [6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. [7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. [8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. [9] And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

John 8:9 Lexicon: When they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center of the court.

they which heard it,(heard what he wrote with His finger on the ground) being convicted by their own conscience...depart from Him one by one ...until Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the center of the court.

Mark 7:6-8 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. [7] Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [8] For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

‘he stooped and with his finger wrote on the ground’ And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience,...

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a little tid-bit on the writing on the "ground"

where was Jesus when they brought the woman to Him?

Joh 8:2  And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 
Joh 8:3  And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 

since He was in the temple then surly it was paved with stones, who wrote the ten commandments on stone tablets with His finger?

Jesus was writing with His finger. if He was writing in the dirt they wouldn't care less what He said, but being scholars of scripture, they knew who can write in stone with His finger. because if Jesus was of man writing in soft dirt, then they could deny, but they saw He was of God.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a little tid-bit on the writing on the "ground"

where was Jesus when they brought the woman to Him?

Joh 8:2  And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 
Joh 8:3  And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 

since He was in the temple then surly it was paved with stones, who wrote the ten commandments on stone tablets with His finger?

Jesus was writing with His finger. if He was writing in the dirt they wouldn't care less what He said, but being scholars of scripture, they knew who can write in stone with His finger. because if Jesus was of man writing in soft dirt, then they could deny, but they saw He was of God.

Not disagreeing. Not that it matters but like what you shared. but have to ask does He write upon a heart of stone: Mark 4:16-17 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; [17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

or does He write upon a New heart?
Mark 4:20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

Job 23:9-16 On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him : he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him : [10] But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. (1 Peter 1:7-8)
[11] My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. [12] Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. [13] But he is in one mind, and who can turn him Romans 15:6? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. [14] For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him. [15] Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him. [16] For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me: