‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's strength is made perfect in our weakness. Moses started out in his own strength, with all the advantages/strengths of his life in Egypt and the flesh, but after his sojourn in the wilderness had become weak in self to where he was ready to be sent by the Lord. This reminds me of where it says we must become as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven....no longer reliant on self but reliant on God in weakness like a little child. I see a difference between this:

Act 7:22
And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.

and this:

Exo 4:10
And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

See how he started out:

Exo 2:11-14

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?

And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.

Act 7:25
For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver them: but they understood not.

as opposed to this after the wilderness:

Exo 3:11
But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?”

There was a big change in the way he saw himself. Moses' earlier zeal reminds me a little of how things went with Peter too, as well as other disciples..." Lord, should we command fire from heaven to consume them as Elijah did?" This is not to condemn any of them because all flesh is the same and that is how it generally goes with us as well. :) We are subjected to refining and chastisements because we need it to help us grow and become as little children.
Blessings in Christ Jesus Lizbeth. May I ad something for understandings sake. "and become as little children" When I was a little child, my grand mother would say to me, to make me behave, that Joe the ghost was in the other room. I believed her, and had no doubt that Joe the ghost was in the other room so I behaved. Little children are innocent and believe what the big people say. With me, I believe everything that The Lord has said and might say to me in the future, just like a little child. If He were to say, "My son, lay your hands on that woman and she will rise(Talitha rise). I would lay my hands on that woman and I know, and have no doubt, she would rise. I know that "and become as little children" is related to "And greater things than these will you do". The Lord is so wanting to work in and through His sons and his daughters, if only we would become as little children and believe.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's strength is made perfect in our weakness. Moses started out in his own strength, with all the advantages/strengths of his life in Egypt and the flesh, but after his sojourn in the wilderness had become weak in self to where he was ready to be sent by the Lord. This reminds me of where it says we must become as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven....no longer reliant on self but reliant on God in weakness like a little child. I see a difference between this:

Act 7:22
And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.

and this:

Exo 4:10
And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

See how he started out:

Exo 2:11-14

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?

And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.

Act 7:25
For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver them: but they understood not.

as opposed to this after the wilderness:

Exo 3:11
But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?”

There was a big change in the way he saw himself. Moses' earlier zeal reminds me a little of how things went with Peter too, as well as other disciples..." Lord, should we command fire from heaven to consume them as Elijah did?" This is not to condemn any of them because all flesh is the same and that is how it generally goes with us as well. :) We are subjected to refining and chastisements because we need it to help us grow and become as little children.
Lift those hands , ITS LORD Praising time in the building .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God did at one time appear and speak in form and an audible voice to mankind. It is evidenced throughout the Old Testament. A few instances are recorded in the New, of Peter, and Paul.

Since the outpouring of the Holy Ghost, he is our voice, by as has been said, the unction to do, go and say. It has been rare that I have heard him speak to my ear, but has happened. I talk with God the same as I talk to and with man. Sometimes the answer is with the word or an
inspiration !

What I, myself, find far more interesting and I can only find one account of such is transportation of the whole of a man, in the NT.
Acts 8 KJV
And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing. But Philip was found at Azotus.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever, sadly man seems to only get worse in lack of faith !
Yet why should it be so unusual when Jesus said you can't tell where the wind is coming from or where it is going, it blows where it will....and SO IS EVERYONE WHO IS BORN OF THE SPIRIT.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry not to get back to you sooner.

If you understand what it expected for perfection, and since ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IS SIN then also what is required to not "sin", then you would understand who and what Jesus Christ actually does. Of course God is spirit, and to say "audible" we are talking about sound waves and not God talking to you - but it you get rid of the "audible" to the statement Johann makes above, then you have Jesus Christ, and what He does - and why He alone is perfect!! Not even the angels in heaven who serve Him are perfect.

So where does that leave everyone else except the Christ?

It leaves us in a position of trying to listen to Him and doing what He says!

God judges the heart!!!!!

So are we making an effort to try and listen to Him by faith (the belief that He is there with us) and do what He says, or are we saying in our heart that He is not their with us to be heard from, so that we really don't believe in Him???

What is amazing to me is who little understanding we have - and that includes me - but not just me!

Understanding comes from Jesus Christ our Lord and that from His words spoken to us via His Holy Spirit. If we don't listen to Him by faith we don't begin to get an understanding of what is going on around us!!!

And if you do listen to Him by faith, you begin to get an understanding of who far off you are from being God, and the more you listen to Him the more you understand who far off you are from being God. And because I have being spending some time ever day listening to Him for over 20 years now I have some small bit of understanding of how silly even the question "

Is - I mean if anyone was spending even a little time listening to Him on those days called "Today" they would understand enough to not write audible voice"! One of the first things you figure out is the God is spirit, so He doesn't talk to you in an audible voice, but there are times when He decides to make His voice clear enough to you that it might sound audible - but not often. That starts to take away the "faith" part, and it is important to us to have to listen by faith!!!

You see, that we people have a hard time wanting to hear from Him, because of our pride. And having to use "faith" to hear from Him is the key to getting us to want to listen to Him! To help you understand let me give you a little saying He once told me:

He told me" "Karl, to listen to a Rock you have to listen very close."

Num 20:8 “Take the rod; and you and your brother Aaron assemble the congregation and speak to the rock before their eyes, that it may yield its water. You shall thus bring forth water for them out of the rock and let the congregation and their beasts drink.”

The Lord speaks to us in parable and dark sayings, to teach us and help us understand:

Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old,

And king Solomon wrote about knowing the sayings:

Prov 1:5,6 A wise man will hear and increase in learning,
And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,
To understand a proverb and a figure,
The words of the wise and their riddles.

Wise counsel comes from God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and His kingdom (the angels) who He sometimes sends to minister to us.

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Therefore, if any person does not hear with their spiritual ears then they are not a wise man at all, and are not increasing in learning, despite what they think! In fact they don't even believe in Jesus Christ, who is Understanding, and so do not have Understanding in their life!! You have to hear from Him, Understanding who is the Word of God and the Rock, via the Holy Spirit speaking to your spirit to even begin to understand that God is spirit!!

So how can a person that does not hear from our Lord Jesus Christ by faith, begin to even understand what is meant by God is spirit, much less that the Lord our God, Jesus Christ, is Understanding, and is heard by Him sending His Holy Spirit with his words (the Words of God) to speak to our spirit.

So I could tell you that the "rod" which Moses took with Him was representative of the Holy Spirit who indeed helped assemble the congregation and made it possible to speak to the Rock which is representative of Jesus Christ the Lord our God, and which causes the flow of water, which is representative of the words from God the Father which flow to us thru the Rock (Jesus Christ), because we have the rod (the Holy Spirit). I can tell you all that but you can't really understand it until you actually seek to hear from the Lord by faith!!!

But I have been telling you this over and over and over and over and over, using scripture, after scripture, after scripture, after scripture, and you still don't have understanding, even the extremely basic first understanding that God is spirit!! So have you not proved that you don't believe that God is there with us all the time!!

Still I tell you, you can find enough faith in yourself to try and hear from the Rock, even though you think it impossible to hear from a rock!!

Therefore again I say " speak to the rock before their eyes".

And if you are not sure how to begin, try asking Him a question!! Indeed, I might be rude, looking at how you want to test me, for saying I hear from the Lord. So just be careful you don't test the Lord like you have tried to do with me. So I give you some advice - ask Him a different question, because even He might give you an answer that makes mine look soft by comparison.

He told the Jews though Malichi:

Mal 2:1-3
“And now this commandment is for you, O priests.
If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart.
“Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

The thing is; He does what He says!! So don't ask Him a "sarcastic question like:

You will want to change it to something like: 'Lord, is it true that you do and say only what the Father tells you?' - or you might try "Lord, how to you feel about me?" That is a question I normally have those honestly seeking the Lord to start with?

Even thru Malichi the Lord told those same Jews which He was upset with for not taking it to heart to listen with the heart to listen to His voice with has always been near - even found in their heart:

Mal 1:2 “I have loved you,” says the LORD. But you say, “How have You loved us?” “Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” declares the LORD. “Yet I have loved Jacob;

I tell you to this very day, the Lord loves the off-spring of Jacob, the Jews, and Christians are grafted in, so that if anyone hears His voice and honestly opens up to Him, He will come into them via His Holy Spirit and speak with them and them with Him!! Of course that mean having to hear from the Rock, and can you believe for that?
Thanks - that clarifies to me that you don't mean we necessarily have to hear Him audibly in a physical sense.

Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would speak and show us things to come. He also said that His sheep know His voice. So it is to be expected that those who know the Lord will hear Him speaking to us. I think it's interesting too that the slave who was released from bondage in the OT became a bondslave voluntarily because he loved his master, and that this involved having his EAR pierced (ie, opened to hear?). I see a picture of the gospel there, of going from Law to gospel, where we are daily listening at His door.....Jesus saying open the door and I will come in and sup/commune with you.

Reactions: marks

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet why should it be so unusual when Jesus said you can't tell where the wind is coming from or where it is going, it blows where it will....and SO IS EVERYONE WHO IS BORN OF THE SPIRIT.
I do not think it unusual to hear from God directly.
What I find unusual is for one person to say they hear him audibly all the time.

Many times the spirit that comes is not questioned ,just accepted.

Would that person be so righteous that they no longer walked with us?

I know the Spirit of God and how he moves in witness and in prayer. In the study and sharing the word, he moves in another direction, hence the wind analogy.
I am a natural born skeptic of man and the things man says, but I believe in everything God says even to what seems unnatural to my mind !

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I find unusual is for one person to say they hear him audibly all the time.

I know the Spirit of God and how he moves in witness and in prayer. In the study and sharing the word, he moves in another direction, hence the wind analogy.
I am a natural born skeptic of man and the things man says, but I believe in everything God says even to what seems unnatural to my mind !
Actually I was talking about believers experiencing being translated like Philip, and it wasn't intended to challenge anything you said sister. Jesus said that everyone who is born of the spirit may come and go like the wind. (Anyone witnessing this might think they were seeing an angel appearing or disappearing.) True that the Holy Spirit is like the wind, but also the people of God may be.

Yes we should test everything, but the OP in this thread wasn't referring to hearing from God audibly, as he made clear in his recent reply to Johann. He is just talking about hearing from God, period.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I was talking about believers experiencing being translated like Philip, and it wasn't intended to challenge anything you said sister. Jesus said that everyone who is born of the spirit may come and go like the wind. (Anyone witnessing this might think they were seeing an angel appearing or disappearing.) True that the Holy Spirit is like the wind, but also the people of God may be.

Yes we should test everything, but the OP in this thread wasn't referring to hearing from God audibly, as he made clear in his recent reply to Johann. He is just talking about hearing from God, period.
Thank you.
I concede the point of hearing audibly from God, to Karl. However I still stand on the fact I don't trust that someone is that close in communication with him, that he talks with every point that may be found in his word.
Just my thought. This thread is on Karl's OP, I said, you are Gods.

I would wish to know of any other instances of such transporting of ppl, is it by faith of or the prerogative of God? Maybe I'll do a search of such.

I remember one instance in my own life. My husband and I purchased and drove a van to pick up ppl for services. We were rounding a narrow curve on a road that hair pinned and a car was coming around to fast. It t-boned us in the side, in my minds eye, I was sitting at the spot of impact in our vehicle. When there was no impact and I looked again the car was behind us. I thank God but have always questioned was it what I saw with my mind or my eyes or did God transport the vehicles not to hit.
I believe God is everything and without the limitations of flesh, that we have.

As I think Karl is trying to say anything IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD! Then I question is it our own limitations or lack of faith that we do not receive, for God doesn't change but we do.

Does this mean we lack faith in his ability and may lack when we are called on to stand?

I've babbled enough and transgressed many by my objectionable opinions that has caused ppl to question not only my MENTAL STATE, BUT ALSO MY FAITH AND STATE IN CHRIST.

Thank you to any, for your support and responses. I'll refrain from inputting into serious threads, without further Ado.

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm all about the Scriptures, please don't misunderstand. But can you give me any reason why we cannot have conversation with our Creator?

To answer your question, why all these other things, the reason is that we have a rich life filled with goodness both being received and given. Like a robot? It's never seemed so to me.

Are we not able to ask Him a question and receive an answer? I believe we are.

Much love!
There is a problem with us getting an answer from the Lord that is instructive or directive.
The Lords questions in the garden of Eden were inquisitive, asking Adam to declare what had happened.
Of course the Lord knew, but the question was about honest and declaration by the individuals involved.

The answer often to our questions is based on what we believe has happened and how we would like to react.
Often we need more clearly got to see Gods will through the situation, which as a result gives us the answer.

A lot of our desires, aspirations and wants hang on others and situations outside our knowledge and equally
are restrained by other intentions the Lord has. The "right" answer maybe partly the one that will help us
grow more and express love, which maybe not what we were looking for, and we have to find that place without
the Lord pointing it out, because partly that is the point, taking responsibility for our actions and being guided by
our understanding and the Lords heart about the situation.

God bless you

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YEP . IF GOD SAID IT lambs believe it , even if we dont understand it .
And ALL FOLKS MUST BE TESTED . many men , many many decievers DO abound .
IF you notice the lambs are dug in those bibles and are seeing this massive falling away in many places now .
And it dont seem to matter where they dwell . I know folks in canada , america , australia , africa
new zealand , europe and other areas . THEY SEEING THE SAME THING dear sister .
Churches full of watered down slop and all unifying under a false love that cometh NOT OF GOD .

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hearing from God
1) His Voice, audibly? Yes, needed in the apostles' day, before Scripture Was Completed. Amen?

However, today, Under Grace, would not this kind of experience Contradict?:

1Co 4:6 "And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself​
and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think above
That Which Is Written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another."​

Then, with No Contradiction? "...faith cometh by hearing...":

2) hearing God's Written Word read out loud (audibly), and/or:

3) reading/hearing God's Written Word in the inner man, listening ( spiritually )?

Amen.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you.
I concede the point of hearing audibly from God, to Karl. However I still stand on the fact I don't trust that someone is that close in communication with him, that he talks with every point that may be found in his word.
Just my thought. This thread is on Karl's OP, I said, you are Gods.

I would wish to know of any other instances of such transporting of ppl, is it by faith of or the prerogative of God? Maybe I'll do a search of such.

I remember one instance in my own life. My husband and I purchased and drove a van to pick up ppl for services. We were rounding a narrow curve on a road that hair pinned and a car was coming around to fast. It t-boned us in the side, in my minds eye, I was sitting at the spot of impact in our vehicle. When there was no impact and I looked again the car was behind us. I thank God but have always questioned was it what I saw with my mind or my eyes or did God transport the vehicles not to hit.
I believe God is everything and without the limitations of flesh, that we have.

As I think Karl is trying to say anything IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD! Then I question is it our own limitations or lack of faith that we do not receive, for God doesn't change but we do.

Does this mean we lack faith in his ability and may lack when we are called on to stand?

I've babbled enough and transgressed many by my objectionable opinions that has caused ppl to question not only my MENTAL STATE, BUT ALSO MY FAITH AND STATE IN CHRIST.

Thank you to any, for your support and responses. I'll refrain from inputting into serious threads, without further Ado.
Bless you sister - I don't know what you mean by objectionable opinions - you and anyone are free to express opinions as far as I'm concerned.

That incident sounds like a miracle to me, praise God! Don't know what to call what He did in particular but it's all good that's for sure. :)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1) His Voice, audibly? Yes, needed in the apostles' day, before Scripture Was Completed. Amen?

However, today, Under Grace, would not this kind of experience Contradict?:

1Co 4:6 "And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself​
and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think above
That Which Is Written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another."​

Then, with No Contradiction? "...faith cometh by hearing...":

2) hearing God's Written Word read out loud (audibly), and/or:

3) reading/hearing God's Written Word in the inner man, listening ( spiritually )?

Amen.
I'm not sure if I understand your point, but will try to respond. God may speak without necessarily quoting scripture. And Jesus said when the Holy Spirit comes He would speak to us and tell us things to come. This is not going beyond what is written, because it is written. :) It's also written that His sheep know His voice. We're in a living relationship with a Living God....the Living Word and Christ, who is a Person and speaks as He wills.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God said it "that you are gods" - so then you think believing God is a "dangerous idea"!!!

You seriously need to seek Him and His voice by faith!!

So you think Jesus was perhaps a Mormon???

It was Jesus who talking to those religious zealots during His time in the flesh who said:

Jn 10:31 - 38 The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’? “If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? “If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.”

So in the little above we the Jews picking up stones to stone Jesus Christ because the felt Jesus Christ was blasphemy God - and that is like you, is it not? And it was then that Jesus pointed out what was "written" about what God said "‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’ - But look close - that was "to whom the word of God came" - which is to say "whom the Father sanctified"

Are you not acting exactly like those Jews then were acting???

Therefore it was also written to us what happen to Jesus, understanding that it would also happen when we hear from Him!!

Jesus tried to explain about the importance of hearing the Lord our God, and even about how the works that happen from hearing Him is a reason to believe.

Jn 10: 37,38 “If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.”

As for me, I heard and hear Him speaking to me.

Jn 10:27 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

So I believe and follow Him and what He asks me to do. I don't do that perfectly, but I do what He tells me. And I have seen Him do hundreds of miracles, so I continue to believe in Him, and that the Father is in Him and He in the Father. I have also come to understand that His prayer for me is that I would be one with Him like He is one with the Father, making me a small god - according to what He has told me, though I don't feel like a god, even though I have prayed and seen and felt swelling go down quickly as a prayed, and many other miracles!! I have also seen religious people who proclaim they are loving people but show no signs of know the Lord who is the God who heals you!!

Why do they say things to indicate that healing someone is not a loving thing to do? Is it not a testimony that they don't know Him who is the healer and who is love?

BTW the following is wrong:

It is not our "destiny" to be able to commune with Him!!!!!

It is to be our current status - not our "destiny"!!!!!!!

Is this not where you are wrong???

But the righteousness [fn]based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), ...

But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Jesus Christ is alive - now!!! We can talk to Him now!! Yeah, after we die like men, we are going to be with Him in heaven, but it is not our "destiny to commune with Him!!! That is to happen now!!!

Have I not been telling you over and over and over that you need to seek Him and listen to Him!! STOP saying in your heart that He is either dead or in a far off place called heaven. The Word of God we preach is in you so you can commune with Him now!! That is for now!! He is only your Lord now if you get your instructions from Him now!!
This thread only goes to show how much exhortation is needed on this in my opinion. People limit God according to their own limited experience of Him and walk in a fleshly spirit of suspicion towards anything that doesn't fit their limited experience or that of their particular church or denomination. The Lord is always speaking in many various ways if only we are paying attention or have ears to hear and eyes to see. We're often busy and distracted (are we being Marys or Marthas? ) as well as put up doctrinal barriers to hearing God. Be it done unto us according to our faith.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread only goes to show how much exhortation is needed on this in my opinion. People limit God according to their own limited experience of Him and walk in a fleshly spirit of suspicion towards anything that doesn't fit their limited experience or that of their particular church or denomination. The Lord is always speaking in many various ways if only we are paying attention or have ears to hear and eyes to see. We're often busy and distracted (are we being Marys or Marthas? ) as well as put up doctrinal barriers to hearing God. Be it done unto us according to our faith.
Mary chose the part that was needful . Sitting in submission at the feet of Christ hearing and learning from THE KING .
Let all stay dug in the bible and be in submission unto Christ , unto the Spirit whereby they shall grow wise through the
grace of God . The GOOD LORD is the same . As HE was with the first ones so too is he with all lambs through all ages .
Let the LORD be praised and thanked continually . And let us learn and grow in Him .
Staying also refreshed daily in the scrips and being stirred up by the pure way of remembrance .
Now raise those hands dear sister , For it is LORD praising time .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a problem with us getting an answer from the Lord that is instructive or directive.
I'm thinking of a time a few years ago, I had been very sick, I had lost too much weight, and I realized one day, If I don't get out of this bed and start to eat something, I'm going to die here! And I asked in frustration, God, what can I even eat?? His answer was clear, unambiguous, "Eat yogurt, and eat figs."

Yogurt, of course!! The best thing I could eat! But figs? I'd never had a fig before in my life! I began to eat both, and began to heal.

I've learned that figs are good for repairing/restoring nerve, muscle, and bone, which was what I very much needed. I've been eating figs daily ever since. If I don't, I lose my hair. If I do, it grows back in.

This was not an audible voice, but His none the less.

I've asked God many questions, and received many answers, sometimes about what to choose, or about a doctrine, or just anything. Many times He's shown me where lost items are.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to live in our "God and I" bubble. A secret, private place, shared only by myself and my Creator. Where He knows and I know that we are together, in love, in unity, sharing life.

Yes, it seems, "according to our faith" is the key. Be open to Him.

Much love!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We need to live in our "God and I" bubble. A secret, private place, shared only by myself and my Creator. Where He knows and I know that we are together, in love, in unity, sharing life.

Yes, it seems, "according to our faith" is the key. Be open to Him.

Much love!
Amen!

We can have that intimate communing and hear from Him because we are one spirit with the Lord through His Spirit that lives in us.

1Co 6:16-17
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

We can have that intimate communing and hear from Him because we are one spirit with the Lord through His Spirit that lives in us.

1Co 6:16-17
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
TRUE THIS IS DEAR SISTER .
YET what if i told you I am joined unto the LORD and yet ............oh yes sister , HERE IT COMES
and yet i seemed to embrace a love that not only wont correct sins and errors in the church
but even embraces some sins .
What if i said GOD IS LOVE and yet i said , EVERYONE is fine on whaterver path they are on , AS LONG AS THEY LOVE .
What if ....................
TEST the spirits , test the doctrine , test all that has breath .
Cause i notice something a lot . NOT SAYING YOU SISTER , i want to say that so as you understand
this is not coming in as accusing you .
I NOTICE a lot of folks seem to be follow what THEY THINK IS GOD , THEY THINK IS THE SPIRIT
and yet ...................oh yes and yet , IT BE CONTRADICTING the JESUS in the gospels
it be twisting things and omitting things and it seems to honor the god of the mirror .
How come so many have bought into a love and yet IF we even examined it
WE WOULD SEE , IT WONT HONOR GOD , rather it panders to the flesh and emotions of humanity .
IT PUTS humanity FIRST .
OH dont judge it says , OH dont correct it says we all sinners . OH DONT
notice the dont do that it teaches , SOUNDS NUTTIN LIKE JESUS , or any other apostle did when it came to SIN in that church .
How come todays love seems not to follow THE PATTERN JESUS and the apostles set
FOR CORRECTION in the church . AND the answer is , ITS COMING FROM THE DEVIL .
And i just dont have time to sugar coat stuff . Sure i am grave , but man i see folks drowning in deceptoin
and i see leaven , EVEN THE TINIEST AMOUNT as dangerous . DO that make me an emeny of GOD and of humanity
OR , OR , does it mean by grace i am following the original pattern , CAUSE BY GRACE I KNOW ITS THE ONLY PATTERN
that works . I LEave that for this site and all to decide .
BUT before any makes a decision i want to give us the three hour challenge .
I challenge every man woman and child , if we have youngsters here , TO OPEN that bible
READ THE NEW TEST for three hours daily . DO it for three months .
THEN COME back and show , what most think is a man of belial and hate , MY ERROR .
OH YEAH There is a reason i say this . I Know what GOD DID FOR ME . AND MY DESIRE IS THE SAME GOOD FOR THEM .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
TRUE THIS IS DEAR SISTER .
YET what if i told you I am joined unto the LORD and yet ............oh yes sister , HERE IT COMES
and yet i seemed to embrace a love that not only wont correct sins and errors in the church
but even embraces some sins .
What if i said GOD IS LOVE and yet i said , EVERYONE is fine on whaterver path they are on , AS LONG AS THEY LOVE .
What if ....................
TEST the spirits , test the doctrine , test all that has breath .
Cause i notice something a lot . NOT SAYING YOU SISTER , i want to say that so as you understand
this is not coming in as accusing you .
I NOTICE a lot of folks seem to be follow what THEY THINK IS GOD , THEY THINK IS THE SPIRIT
and yet ...................oh yes and yet , IT BE CONTRADICTING the JESUS in the gospels
it be twisting things and omitting things and it seems to honor the god of the mirror .
How come so many have bought into a love and yet IF we even examined it
WE WOULD SEE , IT WONT HONOR GOD , rather it panders to the flesh and emotions of humanity .
IT PUTS humanity FIRST .
OH dont judge it says , OH dont correct it says we all sinners . OH DONT
notice the dont do that it teaches , SOUNDS NUTTIN LIKE JESUS , or any other apostle did when it came to SIN in that church .
How come todays love seems not to follow THE PATTERN JESUS and the apostles set
FOR CORRECTION in the church . AND the answer is , ITS COMING FROM THE DEVIL .
And i just dont have time to sugar coat stuff . Sure i am grave , but man i see folks drowning in deceptoin
and i see leaven , EVEN THE TINIEST AMOUNT as dangerous . DO that make me an emeny of GOD and of humanity
OR , OR , does it mean by grace i am following the original pattern , CAUSE BY GRACE I KNOW ITS THE ONLY PATTERN
that works . I LEave that for this site and all to decide .
BUT before any makes a decision i want to give us the three hour challenge .
I challenge every man woman and child , if we have youngsters here , TO OPEN that bible
READ THE NEW TEST for three hours daily . DO it for three months .
THEN COME back and show , what most think is a man of belial and hate , MY ERROR .
OH YEAH There is a reason i say this . I Know what GOD DID FOR ME . AND MY DESIRE IS THE SAME GOOD FOR THEM .
Amen, contend for the truth brother. We are to be alert and test everything, and that is by discernment and the word of God.