‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 10:31 - 38 The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’? “If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? “If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.”

There is a certain subject that the Jews had trouble with when Jesus the Christ was on earth in the flesh!! They had trouble with Him being One with the Father!!

So I guess it would not be surprising that there are those today who have trouble with the idea of the Oneness of God!! Some want to argue about how the Lord our God is One Lord - and that the Holy Spirit says Jesus Christ is Lord!

Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

Deut 6:4 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Of course who don't know Jesus Christ is our Lord and is also God, are going to have a problem with Jesus Christ being the Lord our God, no matter how often this is discussed in the Scriptures! Still, this Oneness is discussed over and over and over again in the Bible, despite what they think! Indeed, if you read the Bible you will note that this Oneness is what saves us, because we are saved because we come into a oneness with God ourselves!!

Jn 17: 19 - 22 “For their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth. “I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; hat they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. “The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one;

Jesus prayed that we would be one with Him even as He is one with His Father. Of course we are not perfect like Him!! He is the perfect image of the invisible God, and is one with His Father, so He is God - even if the religious Jews back then didn't like Him being God!!!

And note that when He prays He gets what He asks for! The true believer, whether anyone cares to believe it or not, becomes one with Jesus Christ, because He sends His Holy Spirit to indwell us. Of course that doesn't mean we are the perfect image of the invisible God!! We still too often lean on our understanding instead of doing and saying only what the Lord our God tells us. But still we have the Holy Spirit of God (meaning God) inside us. What did we think it meant when we read about being Born Again. When Born Again, we are born of the Holy Spirit, meaning it is not just us in us, but God also is in us. We are a new creature in Christ, because we have His spirit in us, to listen to if we decide to listen. So we hear the sound of the wind (the Holy Spirit) who indwells us!!

That is why it was written "he called them gods, to whom the word of God came"

We get salvation when His Holy Spirit comes into us! And the Holy Spirit brings us the words that the Lord our God Jesus Christ has to speak to us personally - which is why "to whom the word of God came"!!

Now I certainly don't feel like any god, even with a small "g"!! Never-the Less, I do hear from my Lord vis His Holy Spirit speaking His words to my spirit. And also, by following His instructions, there have been times in my life when I have seen miracles!! Hundreds of them, actually! I can't do them, but i can do what He asks of me, and He has asked me at times to pray for other people, and then I saw miracles happen! Honestly, it seems that the Holy Spirit who indwells me provides the power of God to do the miracles that I see happen. Indeed, often I feel something like power flowing through me when I have laid hands on a person and prayed like I was told to pray.

Honestly, it is all kind of weird!! What I like is the relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ. I like talking to Him, and hearing what He says. The miracles are just kind of a side thing that occasionally happens when I am doing what He askes me to do from in me. The Word of God I preach (Jesus Christ talking to me) is found near me, even in my heart... and sometimes I find The Word of God in my mouth. So maybe I could be considered a god, like it is written. But I don't think about it much. I just like to think about hearing from my friend Jesus Christ! He is the Lord my God and is One with His Father, whether others like it or not!!!

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"You are gods" - You mention the Holy Spirit indwelling us as believers, and take becoming a believers is
Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

The difficulty with a phrase "confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord" implies repentance, confession of sins, accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, commitment to following Jesus and obeying the commandments but you do not mention this.

You do mention miracles and talking with Jesus.

There is a version of faith where saying Jesus is Lord and God raised Him from the dead is what it means to be a christian alone.
The disciples spent 3 years with Jesus and only at the end did they realise Jesus was Lord. The gospels speak out the experience they had and the walk they had to walk, which had many struggles and difficulties, and many left following Jesus because of the extreme things He said.

Now if you literally ignore all of this and Pauls letters aiming at perfection, walking in faith to the end, presenting believers perfect in Christ when He comes again, you can arrive at a super spiritual faith which is an encounter, but possibly nothing more.

There was a time when I would have assumed the meaning in such sharing but now I know one cannot, because many do not read their bibles or know theology and Jesus's words, let alone Pauls. Dispensationalism in one version discounts almost everything, yet in reality this only works if you ignore what love actually is and how this theme runs from Adam and Eve through to Revelation.

So I wonder quite what you are meaning, God bless you

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am GOD'S , per I belong unto him .
I am his possession as long as I love him with all my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength and love my neighbor as myself !

When we set ourselves up to be god of our life, obeying it's lusts of the flesh then we bring GOD'S destruction upon ourselves!

Isaiah 45:5 KJV
"I am the LORD, and there is no other;
****Besides Me there is no God. I.........

Exodus 20:3-5
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The above belief in that we as partakers and joint-heirs with Jesus makes us gods is from the very bowels of satan, whom also wanted to be a god and receive worship and adoration.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Similarly to Moses being like God to Phararoh because he spoke on behalf of God we are like Gods as we represent God as well.

We are ambassadors for the Kingdom, priests in a royal priesthood. We bare the word of God, and the name of Jesus to continue his work. Our conduct is also attributed to the character of God, for good or ill.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You are gods" - You mention the Holy Spirit indwelling us as believers, and take becoming a believers is

The difficulty with a phrase "confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord" implies repentance, confession of sins, accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, commitment to following Jesus and obeying the commandments but you do not mention this.

You do mention miracles and talking with Jesus.

There is a version of faith where saying Jesus is Lord and God raised Him from the dead is what it means to be a christian alone.
The disciples spent 3 years with Jesus and only at the end did they realise Jesus was Lord. The gospels speak out the experience they had and the walk they had to walk, which had many struggles and difficulties, and many left following Jesus because of the extreme things He said.

Now if you literally ignore all of this and Pauls letters aiming at perfection, walking in faith to the end, presenting believers perfect in Christ when He comes again, you can arrive at a super spiritual faith which is an encounter, but possibly nothing more.

There was a time when I would have assumed the meaning in such sharing but now I know one cannot, because many do not read their bibles or know theology and Jesus's words, let alone Pauls. Dispensationalism in one version discounts almost everything, yet in reality this only works if you ignore what love actually is and how this theme runs from Adam and Eve through to Revelation.

So I wonder quite what you are meaning, God bless you

You make hearing from Him more complicated than it is!!!

It is written that all those who seek find!!!

Hearing the Lord is a simple as that!!

Now as for some of the other things you mention - " repentance, confession of sins, accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, commitment to following Jesus and obeying the commandments " - you need to also take a close look at the word you wrote "implies"!!!

Yes indeed, hearing from Him does "imply those things happened"!!! but you are not making it about simply hearing from Him, but rather about the things that happened to get us to the point of simply seeking Him and His voice!!

For example ( note that none of what I am mentioning is on the topic of this thread!! You are in fact changing the topic of the thread!) Nevertheless, I will quickly go over them to help you understand!!

So For example - if a person decides to seek voice Jesus Christ and listen to Him they have already decided they need to find out what He has to say about the subject they are seeking information from Him about!! That means they have already repented of their ways in their heart!!! Do you not see that???

Let me put it another way then, and perhaps that will explain it to you?

If a person thinks that all they do is correct and righteous then that have no reason to seek God and what He has to say!!! That person has not repented of their ways!!

Just take a look at these two verses!

Is : 18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool."

The verse does not include "" repentance, confession of sins, accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, commitment to following Jesus and obeying the commandments " - but only the simple act of seeking Him and His voice!! Now you find out that all around that verse we see how Isaiah was telling how the Lord was find fault with their ways - which implies they need to repent!! Still, it just as simple as seeking the voice of the Lord and what He has to say!!

Of course if a person does not think they are a sinner (and all unrighteousness is sin) then they are not going to repent, and then why are they going to seek the Lord? So that implies "confession of sins" - yet it also implies that anyone seeking Him has already in their hearts confessed and repented, even if they themselves did not make confession and repentance some "RELIGIOUS ACTS"!! Have you not read that we are not supposed to make "step" to come to God!!! Religious people tend to make "RELIGIOUS STEP" to come before God. And that is what you are doing - you are making steps as opposed to simply seeking God!!

Exo 20:26 ‘And you shall not go up by steps to My altar, so that your nakedness will not be exposed on it.'

Did not Jesus say that if you don't become like these little children you cannot get to heaven!!

So as for the Sacrifice for you sins, did not Jesus Christ already do that, so we don't even need to worry about coming directly to Him, even though we are sinners!!!

1 Jn 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

We indeed, are like God's little children, but we are not like that when we get all religious!!! It is not that we can not, or even should not discuss " repentance, confession of sins, accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, commitment to following Jesus and obeying the commandments " - yet if we really want to get into a good discussion about those things is it not best to be discussed with Jesus Christ our Lord and Teacher, first???

On this issue you have He once gave me this parable:

There was an ant with a heavy load on his back looking up at a big ant hill and wondering how he was going to get the heavy load to the top of the hill. At the same time there was a little boy looking down at a small ant hill, and the little boy jumped right on top of it for the fun of it!!

So what is your view point of heaven??

My friend, I tell you truly, if you don't become like that little boy just looking to jump onto the lap of the King of kings and onto His Kingdom, you are never going to get into heaven!!

Your works, your knowledge, your understanding, and carrying your heavy load is never going to get you where you need to be. Yet your just wanting to have fun with the Lord our God and a willingness to learn from Him will!!! Yeah, He is like a Father and Teacher, but He did pay the price for our sins, so you don't have to worry about just going up to Him and talking to Him!!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Similarly to Moses being like God to Phararoh because he spoke on behalf of God we are like Gods as we represent God as well.

We are ambassadors for the Kingdom, priests in a royal priesthood. We bare the word of God, and the name of Jesus to continue his work. Our conduct is also attributed to the character of God, for good or ill.
YES YES YES!!

I don't feel like a god!! Yet I can hear from the Lord our God and do what He asks me to do. And in that case we are both representing God and being used like a hand of God!!

It is written that we are the body of Christ, so we who do hear Him, are made my Him for His purpose, and do what He asks are like parts of the body of the Lord our God Jesus Christ!! We are, at least in those times, One with the Son, like He is One with the Father, and that through the Holy Spirit who brings His words to our spirit inside us!!

Therefore the Oneness of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and even us when we listen and do what He asked is an extremely, even a most important issue!!

What evil spirit then would want it otherwise??

Do we even know how to discern good from evil?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am GOD'S , per I belong unto him .
I am his possession as long as I love him with all my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength and love my neighbor as myself !

When we set ourselves up to be god of our life, obeying it's lusts of the flesh then we bring GOD'S destruction upon ourselves!

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The above belief in that we as partakers and joint-heirs with Jesus makes us gods is from the very bowels of satan, whom also wanted to be a god and receive worship and adoration.

So the Scriptures are now "from the very bowels of satan"?????????????????????????

Ps 82:6 I said, “You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.

Imagine thinking that being sons of the Most High is what comes from satan!!!

The problem is and still is that we don't seek the voice of the Lord for understanding!! We don't even do that when we read the Bible.

So you think the words of the Psalmist are

The purpose behind the words in the Bible are to get us to seek the Lord our God personally!! The Scriptures are able to give us the wisdom to seek Jesus Christ, but that doesn't mean we do!!!

So who told you that being a god was " from the very bowels of satan"??

That lair has always failed to realize the love our Father has for us! Silly evil Satan! He refuses to listen to our Lord Jesus Christ, even telling Jesus to serve him. So he will be called the father of the false sons who do not listen!!

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen To the instruction of the LORD;

So - Gal 3:2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Rom 9:26 “AND IT SHALL BE THAT IN THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO THEM, ‘YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE,'
THERE THEY SHALL BE CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD.”

So if God says we are " CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD", who says that is "from the very bowels of satan"?

The Pharisees didn't understand that! So who was their father? We need to seek Jesus Christ for understanding. We need to listen! We need to know Him, and if The Lord our God Jesus Christ calls us sons, are we not gods. He called us that, and will call us that, though we are not worthy by our good works, and by our thinking!

One Scripture does not make another Scripture wrong. So if you don't understand how it all works together, seek Him and He will explain!!

All Hist sons have only One God before them, which is Jesus Christ!! So His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. So He alone is their Lord, because they seek Him for instruction, wisdom, and understanding! We don't put men, even other Christs who listen to Him, before us. They too maybe gods because they too listen to Him and are also called sons of the Most High, but to us they are fellow servants and brethren in the Lord. So you failed to understand the verses you quoted which have written:

Look at those verses you quoted and how you misinterpreted them!!

Just because we are indeed gods and sons of the Most High, does not mean we have anyone other than the Lord our God Jesus Christ before us!! You misinterpreted the verse you quoted!!

And even though God, through the Psalmist, explained that we are called gods by God, i does not mean that we have other gods before us!! We are not serving other men, even other Christian men!! Did you not jump to conclusions??

If we listen to the Lord our God we serve Him and even the angels in heaven are as brethren and fellow servants!!

Rev 19:10 Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he *said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

Rev 22:9 But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

Worshiping God is a bit different than praising God! There are many who have praised God but you don't worship Him!! They said something like 'God is great', but they don't actually seek Him and listen to Him as the Lord their God.

I have a poor voice for singing, and one day during what is called, "Praise and Worship" I was trying to sing along, but very quietly because nobody should have to hear me sing. And while singing I was talking with the Lord. I was telling Him that I was soo poor at worshipping Him. He responded, "Karl, if you want to worship me, do what I tell you to do." - and He went of the different meanings of praise and worship! To praise Him is to say or sing that He is great. To worship Him means you seek Him as God to listen to His words and do follow them!

Do that and you will understanding what "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." actually means!!

You make yourself God when you don't seek Him and instead lean on your own understanding!!! Indeed, the person who wrote and judge according to their own understand was the one who made themselves out to be God. Did we never read that as your judge so shall you be judged?

God is recorded in the Scriptures as saying, "“You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.

That does not mean we have another God before us,

But if we are not listening to Him but are leaning on our own understanding, we have made ourselves our God. Then we have put another god (ourselves) before God!

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You make hearing from Him more complicated than it is!!!

It is written that all those who seek find!!!

Hearing the Lord is a simple as that!!

Now as for some of the other things you mention - " repentance, confession of sins, accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, commitment to following Jesus and obeying the commandments " - you need to also take a close look at the word you wrote "implies"!!!

Yes indeed, hearing from Him does "imply those things happened"!!! but you are not making it about simply hearing from Him, but rather about the things that happened to get us to the point of simply seeking Him and His voice!!

For example ( note that none of what I am mentioning is on the topic of this thread!! You are in fact changing the topic of the thread!) Nevertheless, I will quickly go over them to help you understand!!

So For example - if a person decides to seek voice Jesus Christ and listen to Him they have already decided they need to find out what He has to say about the subject they are seeking information from Him about!! That means they have already repented of their ways in their heart!!! Do you not see that???

Let me put it another way then, and perhaps that will explain it to you?

If a person thinks that all they do is correct and righteous then that have no reason to seek God and what He has to say!!! That person has not repented of their ways!!

Just take a look at these two verses!

Is : 18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool."

The verse does not include "" repentance, confession of sins, accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, commitment to following Jesus and obeying the commandments " - but only the simple act of seeking Him and His voice!! Now you find out that all around that verse we see how Isaiah was telling how the Lord was find fault with their ways - which implies they need to repent!! Still, it just as simple as seeking the voice of the Lord and what He has to say!!

Of course if a person does not think they are a sinner (and all unrighteousness is sin) then they are not going to repent, and then why are they going to seek the Lord? So that implies "confession of sins" - yet it also implies that anyone seeking Him has already in their hearts confessed and repented, even if they themselves did not make confession and repentance some "RELIGIOUS ACTS"!! Have you not read that we are not supposed to make "step" to come to God!!! Religious people tend to make "RELIGIOUS STEP" to come before God. And that is what you are doing - you are making steps as opposed to simply seeking God!!

Exo 20:26 ‘And you shall not go up by steps to My altar, so that your nakedness will not be exposed on it.'

Did not Jesus say that if you don't become like these little children you cannot get to heaven!!

So as for the Sacrifice for you sins, did not Jesus Christ already do that, so we don't even need to worry about coming directly to Him, even though we are sinners!!!

1 Jn 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

We indeed, are like God's little children, but we are not like that when we get all religious!!! It is not that we can not, or even should not discuss " repentance, confession of sins, accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, commitment to following Jesus and obeying the commandments " - yet if we really want to get into a good discussion about those things is it not best to be discussed with Jesus Christ our Lord and Teacher, first???

On this issue you have He once gave me this parable:

There was an ant with a heavy load on his back looking up at a big ant hill and wondering how he was going to get the heavy load to the top of the hill. At the same time there was a little boy looking down at a small ant hill, and the little boy jumped right on top of it for the fun of it!!

So what is your view point of heaven??

My friend, I tell you truly, if you don't become like that little boy just looking to jump onto the lap of the King of kings and onto His Kingdom, you are never going to get into heaven!!

Your works, your knowledge, your understanding, and carrying your heavy load is never going to get you where you need to be. Yet your just wanting to have fun with the Lord our God and a willingness to learn from Him will!!! Yeah, He is like a Father and Teacher, but He did pay the price for our sins, so you don't have to worry about just going up to Him and talking to Him!!!
You stated:

It is not difficult to reinterpret repentance into just seeking God, because that means we can ignore our behaviour, past, present and future.

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
John 3:21

Jesus and the gospel are founded on righteousness, lived, breathed and actioned.

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"You are gods"

Some imagine "gods" can be sinners in all but name, claiming the inheritance of the Kingdom without its power or victory.
Love defeated and broken, hearts hard and ignorant, darkness clouding the soul of man so they stumble in the dark hurting themselves and others and this is claimed to be the promise of freedom and to walk like Jesus.

Now to a sinner the law condemns them, love is impossible and being free has never been their existence. If you reimagine the gospel its Jesus whitewashing sinners into the Kingdom, which is odd, because that is what Jesus criticised the pharisees for being, claiming to know God but being hypocrites and liars, and ended up killing Jesus because that was easier than admitting the truth and actually repenting of their sins and following Him.

Now those who live in darkness can preach and do nothing else, because the reality they have is darkness which they project on to everyone else claiming they have spoken to Jesus, and Jesus has confirmed they are saved and ok, while ignoring their behaviour or emotional reality.

I know this is not an argument to be won or lost, it is just sharing were individually we are. I have had communications with folk who know what I am speaking about, but refuse to bow the knee and repent so are resigned to either be judged or redeemed as they claim at the last day. OCD behaviour and not understanding the emotional side of life is often the cause, and not seeing much of our behaviour comes from our family experiences and society and its hurts and distortions. But Jesus came to set the prisoner free, to change the outlook, to empower people to know who they are and to walk with sight and avoid the very things that harm them.

When we see as Jesus sees, walk as Jesus walks, in a sense we are like Him, but still redeemed saints who are not worthy, and in humbleness praise Him for His blessing day by day. God bless you

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You are gods"

Some imagine "gods" can be sinners in all but name, claiming the inheritance of the Kingdom without its power or victory.
Love defeated and broken, hearts hard and ignorant, darkness clouding the soul of man so they stumble in the dark hurting themselves and others and this is claimed to be the promise of freedom and to walk like Jesus.

Now to a sinner the law condemns them, love is impossible and being free has never been their existence. If you reimagine the gospel its Jesus whitewashing sinners into the Kingdom, which is odd, because that is what Jesus criticised the pharisees for being, claiming to know God but being hypocrites and liars, and ended up killing Jesus because that was easier than admitting the truth and actually repenting of their sins and following Him.

Now those who live in darkness can preach and do nothing else, because the reality they have is darkness which they project on to everyone else claiming they have spoken to Jesus, and Jesus has confirmed they are saved and ok, while ignoring their behaviour or emotional reality.

I know this is not an argument to be won or lost, it is just sharing were individually we are. I have had communications with folk who know what I am speaking about, but refuse to bow the knee and repent so are resigned to either be judged or redeemed as they claim at the last day. OCD behaviour and not understanding the emotional side of life is often the cause, and not seeing much of our behaviour comes from our family experiences and society and its hurts and distortions. But Jesus came to set the prisoner free, to change the outlook, to empower people to know who they are and to walk with sight and avoid the very things that harm them.

When we see as Jesus sees, walk as Jesus walks, in a sense we are like Him, but still redeemed saints who are not worthy, and in humbleness praise Him for His blessing day by day. God bless you
WOW - Do you have it wrong-

I don't imagine the gospel (good news) is Jesus Christ the King and His Kingdom, that is the (Good News) - meaning we have access to the King and the Kingdom of God - now!!! - and if now while in the flesh on earth then also forever after we are out of this fleshy body!!

The Pharisees did not claim to know God - they claimed they knew all about God!!!

The Lord once told me, "Karl - people want to tell you all about God instead of about God"

That is why you got it wrong by writing " But Jesus came to set the prisoner free, to change the outlook, to empower people to know who they are and to walk with sight and avoid the very things that harm them."

Look close at what you wrote - you are thinking that Jesus came to lead us back into our own understanding, our own power, and our own sight, in order to avoid the very thing that harm us!!

That is completely wrong!! Jesus came to give us access to God thought Him, The Word of God who is God! And He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, because His Father wishing to glorify Him the Word of God and the KING OF KINGS!

So you can hear from Him, if you indeed seek Him, and you can thus get access to 'HIS POWER', but that is not done my leaning on our own understanding!!!

So we are "empowered", but not because the power is ours!!! We are 'empowered' meaning we have access to Him and His Kingdom of God, which is a Kingdom of power!!

When He sent His disciples out in pairs to heal the sick; do you not remember what He told them to say??? It was that the Kingdom of Goc came close!! So they went out preaching the Kingdom of God and that is was near! And they were healing the sick, but not by their own power but by the Kingdom of God as instructed by the King.

But then there was another man, who had seven sons, who went about trying to cast our demons with the name of Jesus, but it became apparent, even to the demons, that the man with his seven sons did not know the Lord and was not coming with the Kingdom of God! They got beat up bad by those demons!!

That man and his sons had a very poor understanding how things work. Jesus Christ our Lord speaks to those who know Him personally, and as our Lord He gives us instructions. When we go and do those personal instructions to us, we are covered by the authority of the King, because He gave us the specific instructions, and the power of the Kingdom of God, because He also gives instructions to them (His angels in heaven). And there are more (angels) with us, than fallen angels (demons) against us!! Yet we don't have the power of God so that we might be the King, but that we might serve the King with our fellow servants the angels in heaven!!

And a few other little things you got wrong:

We are all sinners!! So you write 'their' about sinners, to imply that you are not!! Knowing Jesus does not make you perfect, and you should not have that attitude in you!! Knowing Jesus by hearing Him by faith in Him via the Holy Spirit by faith, makes the real believer aware of the problem we have with sin, and because we believe that believe is counted to us as righteousness!! Did you not read that in your Bible?? If not, it should have been explained to you while hearing the Lord!

Here are a few verse that you apparently missed:

Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir. Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own [body, he shall be your heir. Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

You apparently missed the fact that belief did not mean Abram was righteous, but only that the Lord 'RECKONED' the belief to him as righteousness!!!!!!!!

So you must also have missed:

Rom 7:19 - 21 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

This is the "Devil made me do it" excuse, but there is truth to it. We battle with the dark forces of this world, and we do the very evil we don't want to do - but Paul the Christian man you knew the Lord and that meant he realized that he was still doing the very evil he did not want to do!! Saul, that Pharisees on the road to Damascus had no clue that he was doing the wrong thing!! Paul the Christian man did!! So Paul saw that he was a "wretched man" in need of Jesus Christ. Yet Saul felt he has the authority and power of God to go to Damascus in the name of God.

Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

John put it this way:

1 Jn 1:6-8 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

So you write about 'those sinners' instead of 'us sinners' who need the Lord. You write about you having the power, instead of the Lord have the power to back up what He asks you to do! You don't write about hearing Him and obey Him, but about you leaning on your own understanding, having been given the authority and power of God!

So you don't turn people, even yourself, back to the Lord for instructions, teaching, wisdom, and knowledge. But you say that being a 'god' means you are perfect!!

We are gods, simply because the Holy Spirit of God, has been sent to dwell in us sinners who are still in the flesh and thus we know about the principle that sin is in us!! Did you not even read:

2 Cor 12:7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!

Even though He counts us to be righteous, because of our faith, he also leaves a messenger of Satan in our flesh to keep us from exalting ourselves, and also to keep us turning back to Him.

So we don't write "empower people to know who they are", because He empowers us with His Kingdom to know who He is!!!! He puts that thorn in our flesh, to help know who we are (sinners who don't listen to Him like we should), but He proves us His Kingdom so you will know who He is - the KING OF KINGS WHO LOVES YOU SO MUCH THAT HE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU, SAVE YOU, AND GIVE YOU ACCESS TO HIS KINGDOM OF POWER THROUGH HIM!!

That makes you a god, even a son of the Most High, but it does not make you Him that you can just lean on your own understanding!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stated:

It is not difficult to reinterpret repentance into just seeking God, because that means we can ignore our behaviour, past, present and future.

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
John 3:21

Jesus and the gospel are founded on righteousness, lived, breathed and actioned.

No - I make is about hearing from Him.

I did also mention what happens when we hear from Him, but not "about the things that happened to get us to the point of simply seeking Him and His voice!! as you mentioned!

We can talk about those things, but the title of the thread was:

‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’?​

When we seek to hear from Him He sends His Holy Spirit with His words to talk to our spirit!! That of course happens inside us and thus we wind up having God inside us - dwelling in us!!

So we were as people: body, soul, and spirit. But as we seek to hear from Him we are now a new creature being "body, soul spirit, and the Holy Spirit of God"! That makes us a god, because God is in us!

And it is written that all those who seek find - therefore it really is as simple as just seeking Him and hearing Him because you believe He is there to be heard from.

Now we can talk about all the things that might have to happen to get a person to actually seek the Lord and His voice! And it might not be the same for everyone. A prideful person may need to be humbled - given a cause to repent. And non forgiving person may need to start forgiving others. Whereas a child like person my just hear about the Word of God (meaning Jesus Christ wants to talk to them) and just simply seek the voice of the Lord. A person you feels they need more in their life might need to realize that the way to get that more is through God and His wisdom - thus causing them to seek the Lord and His voice. Perhaps there is just a curious person that heard about the Lord and just tried to seek out if it is possible to hear from Him? It is written in the Bible that 'He killed them and they sought Him', so it is not surprising that people in dire situations tend to suddenly turn to the Lord. A person thinking about how bad a person they are might need to understanding that the Lord wants to talk to them, no matter how much they have messed things up. Perhaps there is a very wise person, who has just never heard that God can give them greater wisdom so they just have not thought to seek Him and His voice.

Now many of the things I just wrote about might require some form of repentance, forgiveness, and a realization that a sacrifice for their sins needed to be made. Still, the sacrifice was made, and the Lord our God has always been a forgiving God so He did forgive us, and you are never going to be good enough to earn eternal life in heaven! Therefore God made a way where there was not say, and now ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE IN HIM, and that means we simply just have to seek Him and hear what He has to say to is. Then the Holy Spirit comes into us with His words and talks to our spirit! We then become a being with God in us - thus a god. Not a perfect person, as some who really don't know might conclude, because they failed to realize that we are also still in us and we battle with the dark forces of this world - and that battle is also in us.

Still, if God is for us then who can be against us? And God is for us, so we just simply have to seek Him and His voice - meaning that we just have to let Him (The Lord our God) into our lives!

Of course we could also talk about what happens if a person let Him into their life then changed their mind and kicked Him our of their life - thus turned back to their own understanding instead of seeking His voice Today?

Ps 82: 6,7 said, “You are gods,
And all of you are sons of the Most High.
“Nevertheless you will die like men
And fall like any one of the princes.”

Did not God talk to the Israelites? But they said, "Let not God speak to us." So they fell like any one of the princes and died like men! And Jesus talked to the religious Jews who did not hear His voice and this subject was discussed with them!!

Last edited:

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
WOW - Do you have it wrong-

I don't imagine the gospel (good news) is Jesus Christ the King and His Kingdom, that is the (Good News) - meaning we have access to the King and the Kingdom of God - now!!! - and if now while in the flesh on earth then also forever after we are out of this fleshy body!!

The Pharisees did not claim to know God - they claimed they knew all about God!!!

The Lord once told me, "Karl - people want to tell you all about God instead of about God"

That is why you got it wrong by writing " But Jesus came to set the prisoner free, to change the outlook, to empower people to know who they are and to walk with sight and avoid the very things that harm them."

Look close at what you wrote - you are thinking that Jesus came to lead us back into our own understanding, our own power, and our own sight, in order to avoid the very thing that harm us!!

That is completely wrong!! Jesus came to give us access to God thought Him, The Word of God who is God! And He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, because His Father wishing to glorify Him the Word of God and the KING OF KINGS!

So you can hear from Him, if you indeed seek Him, and you can thus get access to 'HIS POWER', but that is not done my leaning on our own understanding!!!

So we are "empowered", but not because the power is ours!!! We are 'empowered' meaning we have access to Him and His Kingdom of God, which is a Kingdom of power!!

When He sent His disciples out in pairs to heal the sick; do you not remember what He told them to say??? It was that the Kingdom of Goc came close!! So they went out preaching the Kingdom of God and that is was near! And they were healing the sick, but not by their own power but by the Kingdom of God as instructed by the King.

But then there was another man, who had seven sons, who went about trying to cast our demons with the name of Jesus, but it became apparent, even to the demons, that the man with his seven sons did not know the Lord and was not coming with the Kingdom of God! They got beat up bad by those demons!!

That man and his sons had a very poor understanding how things work. Jesus Christ our Lord speaks to those who know Him personally, and as our Lord He gives us instructions. When we go and do those personal instructions to us, we are covered by the authority of the King, because He gave us the specific instructions, and the power of the Kingdom of God, because He also gives instructions to them (His angels in heaven). And there are more (angels) with us, than fallen angels (demons) against us!! Yet we don't have the power of God so that we might be the King, but that we might serve the King with our fellow servants the angels in heaven!!

And a few other little things you got wrong:

We are all sinners!! So you write 'their' about sinners, to imply that you are not!! Knowing Jesus does not make you perfect, and you should not have that attitude in you!! Knowing Jesus by hearing Him by faith in Him via the Holy Spirit by faith, makes the real believer aware of the problem we have with sin, and because we believe that believe is counted to us as righteousness!! Did you not read that in your Bible?? If not, it should have been explained to you while hearing the Lord!

Here are a few verse that you apparently missed:

Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir. Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own [body, he shall be your heir. Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

You apparently missed the fact that belief did not mean Abram was righteous, but only that the Lord 'RECKONED' the belief to him as righteousness!!!!!!!!

So you must also have missed:

Rom 7:19 - 21 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

This is the "Devil made me do it" excuse, but there is truth to it. We battle with the dark forces of this world, and we do the very evil we don't want to do - but Paul the Christian man you knew the Lord and that meant he realized that he was still doing the very evil he did not want to do!! Saul, that Pharisees on the road to Damascus had no clue that he was doing the wrong thing!! Paul the Christian man did!! So Paul saw that he was a "wretched man" in need of Jesus Christ. Yet Saul felt he has the authority and power of God to go to Damascus in the name of God.

Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

John put it this way:

1 Jn 1:6-8 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

So you write about 'those sinners' instead of 'us sinners' who need the Lord. You write about you having the power, instead of the Lord have the power to back up what He asks you to do! You don't write about hearing Him and obey Him, but about you leaning on your own understanding, having been given the authority and power of God!

So you don't turn people, even yourself, back to the Lord for instructions, teaching, wisdom, and knowledge. But you say that being a 'god' means you are perfect!!

We are gods, simply because the Holy Spirit of God, has been sent to dwell in us sinners who are still in the flesh and thus we know about the principle that sin is in us!! Did you not even read:

2 Cor 12:7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!

Even though He counts us to be righteous, because of our faith, he also leaves a messenger of Satan in our flesh to keep us from exalting ourselves, and also to keep us turning back to Him.

So we don't write "empower people to know who they are", because He empowers us with His Kingdom to know who He is!!!! He puts that thorn in our flesh, to help know who we are (sinners who don't listen to Him like we should), but He proves us His Kingdom so you will know who He is - the KING OF KINGS WHO LOVES YOU SO MUCH THAT HE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU, SAVE YOU, AND GIVE YOU ACCESS TO HIS KINGDOM OF POWER THROUGH HIM!!

That makes you a god, even a son of the Most High, but it does not make you Him that you can just lean on your own understanding!
"WOW - Do you have it wrong-"

You have your perspective and I have mine. I am happy with that, I can only share scripture and how it speaks to me.
The problem with world views is none are absolute, they rely on assumptions and positions of faith.

Hyper-grace is a particular view that emphasises the lostness of man and the total sufficiency of Christ without our participation.
My sharing was not anything but to clarify were you were coming from and I thank you for that.

Gnosticism as a belief system separates the flesh, evil from the spirit, good, and suggests the flesh will die but the spirit lives forever.
This type of splitting takes away responsibility of sinful behaviour and suggests believing is what Jesus came to share, without any life impact in reality.

The logical conclusion of this is sinners faced with a Holy God, will suddenly become loving obedient eternal beings when they meet Him.
If this was true, why even have a gospel, why have faith, just make everyone righteous and eternal, end of story, now.

I have met too many lost souls who when reality strikes will just shatter. The idea that we are dual creatures without responsibility for sin is not a biblical position or healthy for any addicts or people hurting and destroyed by sinful behaviour. Real repentance and changed lives sets people free, but if one has never experienced this or seen it in action, it is another world, and will appear like a made up story.

Power of God in action in claimed by healing preachers who literally failed to produce actual proven evidence of this happening but have often been shown a tricksters and liars, who gain massive wealth through peddling claims of access to the Lord and wealth that will be provided if you just give them a little, it will be multiplied 1,000 x like winning the lottery.

And it is odd to me, when I share the love of Christ, transformed hearts and lives these folk call me evil. I am sharing Christs words and reality, so there should be no divide unless what is claimed as light is in fact darkness and lies. If a believer can sin against me to prove Gods truth, then they have been deceived. It is the most vigorous who have done exactly this, so they stand before the Lord as judged by their own actions.

God bless you

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have your perspective and I have mine. I am happy with that, I can only share scripture and how it speaks to me.

The above is not Christianity!!!

It is the religion of the Pharisees!!

Christians, real Christians, are followers of Jesus Christ!!

He said His sheep hear His voice!! He said His words are spirit and are life!! Paul, and Moses explained that the Word of God is near us, and is found in our hearts and our mouth, so not the ink on pages!!

The Scriptures keep everyone under sin!! And that so that Jesus Christ might be revealed to us!!

He said He would never leave us! But to those Jews who did not hear His voice He told them that they didn't hear His voice!!

Now all this and more in is the Bible!! So anyone who really believes what was written in the Scriptures believes that we can hear from Jesus Christ personally!! So we would never say "I can only share scripture and how it speaks to me" - because the scriptures don't speak, but rather Jesus Christ speaks to us, His sheep!!

Now the first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible", and I an happy those were His first words that I heard from Him, because even those first words I heard from Him proved that He is not the Bible but the One who first told me to "Read your Bible"! But that was the beginning of me hearing from Him! For over twenty years now I have been hearing from Him, and that hearing from Him has been everyday called "Today"!! So if I could write down everything He personally has told me, this forum might not be able to contain it all, and would anyone really want to hear how He talks to me while I shop at the grocery store?

But to give you just a really rough idea of the wisdom He can and does give me, I will give you a handful of little sayings that He has given me, which I liked so much I wrote them down when I got a change. You will not find any of these in the Scriptures, but you can find sayings like these in the Scriptures, because He has always taught people with parables and sayings! So a verse to prove that, then some personal sayings that He gave me to give and idea of what He sounds like, and to show what it is like to actually be a Christian. (as if the Scriptures didn't give you a clue to what it is like to hear Him)

Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old,

He is that ancient of days and so He will open His mouth in a parable and utter His dark sayings. They aren't dark because they are evil, but because if you don't come to the light you don't get them. For those who know Him, they will certainly like these saying, for those who don't know Him, they will certainly not believe they come from Him because they just don't actually believe in Him!!

WE HEAR WISDOM, BUT IS IT THE HEARING OR THE ACTING UPON IT THAT MAKES A MAN WISE?

YOU DIDN’T MAKE ME AN AWESOME GOD, BUT YOU CAN MAKE ME AN AWESOME GOD.

AS INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN TO A SERVANT, AND WISDOM AND PARABLES TO A SON, AND AS JOKES ARE GIVEN TO A FRIEND, SO I LOVE YOU IS SAID TO A BRIDE.

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

THE BEST LISTENERS MAKE THE BEST TEACHERS.

SHOULDN’T YOU HEAR FROM A MAN YOU’RE JUDGING WORTHY OF DEATH AND EXAMINE WHETHER THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS THAT I HAVE MADE HEARING FROM ME THE VERY THINGS THAT GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE.

(note: faith comes from hearing a word from the Lord - see Romans 10 - and we are saved by faith)

IT'S NOT EASY LISTENING TO A ROCK. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN VERY CLOSE!

TWO MEN WERE WALKING DOWN THE ROAD, ONE TRIPED OVER SOMETHING HE DIDN’T SEE, THE OTHER DIDN’T BECAUSE HE WAS PAYING ATTENTION.

THESE BITS OF WISDOM ARE LIKE DROPS OF WATER. I WILL SURELY GIVE YOU A POND FULL.

Now He did indeed give me a "pond full" of these sayings, so I have many more and many I didn't write down. We talk daily. His sheep do hear His voice. Who believes that!! Who really believes in Jesus Christ, as the Word of God who leads His sheep out with His voice, and Teaches them? And who says or writes "I can only share scripture and how it speaks to me"?? They don't make any sense to me! I hear from my Lord!!!

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The above is not Christianity!!!

Christians, real Christians, are followers of Jesus Christ!!

He said His sheep hear His voice!! He said His words are spirit and are life!! Paul, and Moses explained that the Word of God is near us, and is found in our hearts and our mouth, so not the ink on pages!!

The Scriptures keep everyone under sin!! And that so that Jesus Christ might be revealed to us!!

He said He would never leave us! But to those Jews who did not hear His voice He told them that they didn't hear His voice!!

Now all this and more in is the Bible!! So anyone who really believes what was written in the Scriptures believes that we can hear from Jesus Christ personally!! So we would never say "I can only share scripture and how it speaks to me" - because the scriptures don't speak, but rather Jesus Christ speaks to us, His sheep!!

Now the first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible", and I an happy those were His first words that I heard from Him, because even those first words I heard from Him proved that He is not the Bible but the One who first told me to "Read your Bible"! But that was the beginning of me hearing from Him! For over twenty years now I have been hearing from Him, and that hearing from Him has been everyday called "Today"!! So if I could write down everything He personally has told me, this forum might not be able to contain it all, and would anyone really want to hear how He talks to me while I shop at the grocery store?

But to give you just a really rough idea of the wisdom He can and does give me, I will give you a handful of little sayings that He has given me, which I liked so much I wrote them down when I got a change. You will not find any of these in the Scriptures, but you can find sayings like these in the Scriptures, because He has always taught people with parables and sayings! So a verse to prove that, then some personal sayings that He gave me to give and idea of what He sounds like, and to show what it is like to actually be a Christian. (as if the Scriptures didn't give you a clue to what it is like to hear Him)

Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old,

He is that ancient of days and so He will open His mouth in a parable and utter His dark sayings. They aren't dark because they are evil, but because if you don't come to the light you don't get them. For those who know Him, they will certainly like these saying, for those who don't know Him, they will certainly not believe they come from Him because they just don't actually believe in Him!!

WE HEAR WISDOM, BUT IS IT THE HEARING OR THE ACTING UPON IT THAT MAKES A MAN WISE?

YOU DIDN’T MAKE ME AN AWESOME GOD, BUT YOU CAN MAKE ME AN AWESOME GOD.

AS INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN TO A SERVANT, AND WISDOM AND PARABLES TO A SON, AND AS JOKES ARE GIVEN TO A FRIEND, SO I LOVE YOU IS SAID TO A BRIDE.

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

THE BEST LISTENERS MAKE THE BEST TEACHERS.

SHOULDN’T YOU HEAR FROM A MAN YOU’RE JUDGING WORTHY OF DEATH AND EXAMINE WHETHER THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS THAT I HAVE MADE HEARING FROM ME THE VERY THINGS THAT GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE.

(note: faith comes from hearing a word from the Lord - see Romans 10 - and we are saved by faith)

IT'S NOT EASY LISTENING TO A ROCK. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN VERY CLOSE!

TWO MEN WERE WALKING DOWN THE ROAD, ONE TRIPED OVER SOMETHING HE DIDN’T SEE, THE OTHER DIDN’T BECAUSE HE WAS PAYING ATTENTION.

THESE BITS OF WISDOM ARE LIKE DROPS OF WATER. I WILL SURELY GIVE YOU A POND FULL.

Now He did indeed give me a "pond full" of these sayings, so I have many more and many I didn't write down. We talk daily. His sheep do hear His voice. Who believes that!! Who really believes in Jesus Christ, as the Word of God who leads His sheep out with His voice, and Teaches them? And who says or writes "I can only share scripture and how it speaks to me"?? They don't make any sense to me! I hear from my Lord!!!
Your quote:
"The above is not Christianity!!!
Christians, real Christians, are followers of Jesus Christ!!"

What was the mistake of the Pharisees?
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."
Matt 23:23

And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,
nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.
John 5:37-38

"I do not accept praise from men,
but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.
John 5:41-42

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.
Matt 23:25-27

The pharisee failure was in love, not following the law. Without love we are nothing, we are striving after wind.

This is why Paul, a pharisee when he knew what love was saw that everything in love fulfils the law, does not do away with it.

The strange thing is I am partly in the grace camp, saying grace gives forgiveness through repentance to the disciple who
is learning to follow. I am not here to defend this particular position, because it comes from scripture.

Paul knew the tension of aiming at perfection but not being able to judge our own walk, but living with a clear conscience.
Once one ends up in dispensationalism, were different gospels apply to different groups, one is declaring God changes when
it is we who are the problem not God, and all of scripture has to be consistent.

Jesus's criticism of legalism is it does not address the sinful heart. These realities are quite simple, but also if not lived mean nothing.
As I said clearly we have different positions and views, but I am not a pharisee as I do not fall into the catagories Jesus is saying they
failed in.

A large part of this language only makes sense if one agrees what it is actually addressing. Without that agreement the
exchanges are just passing positions that make sense only to those who are putting them forward.

I once was upset with such accusations, but now I see they are a consequence of a belief system driven by emotional need and only the Lord can change such things. One observer wondered how I could respond graciously but then they did not know what I know, love
keeps no record of wrongs but always hopes, always seeks for ways of resolution. God bless you

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Cause and effect

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
Psalm 32-8-9

The will of God could be thought of as ask God whether to go left or right, and He will tell you which thing to do, you just have to ask.
But the Lord declares He wants us to be like Him, independent yet integrated with Him.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Rom 12:2

We are to grow to maturity so our choices are Gods choices, our ways and interactions are His ways and interactions.

Some seem to believe it is letting Jesus dictate to us how we live, we are just passengers. But the Lord declares it is through transformation that we become children of the Father, where our decisions and actions are pleasing in His sight.

Paul expressed this in having one mind and one set of thoughts. He was so enthused with this idea he called on the people of the church to follow his every example as he followed the example of Jesus, like we are brothers with Jesus and He is teaching us how to be like Him.

The apostles expressed it that if we claim to know Jesus we should walk as He walked. In the miracle church this means perform miracles and healings as He did, but the apostles meant how Jesus behaved and reacted to others. Healings and miracles of God come as well but the focus is on the walk, and interactions. The miracles that took place were few and rare, which is why they are recorded. What mattered was the walk and the focus on growing a pure loving heart, which forgave and reacted as the Father does to us.

The Kingdom of heaven is bound by love, a unity of heart, mind and soul. God bless you

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: mailmandan

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’?
Use a small "g" please!
The reference to Psalm 82 has confounded some. I think that it is a rebuke of the rulers, magistrates, judges who have been placed on that position by God. They judge like gods over their nation. The message to them is that they should not show favoritism, and must act impartially with true justice; for they will be judged by the Almighty Judge (Elohim).
This confirms who the mesage is to: "But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler.”

So if you are a king, you are like a god in that sense, ruling and judging.
Common folks like us are like gods to the amimal kingdom, that's about it. We can squash a bug or slaughter a calf for our own purpose.

As far as the rest of your post, I like it. But a correction was needed, perspective.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Use a small "g" please!
The reference to Psalm 82 has confounded some. I think that it is a rebuke of the rulers, magistrates, judges who have been placed on that position by God. They judge like gods over their nation. The message to them is that they should not show favoritism, and must act impartially with true justice; for they will be judged by the Almighty Judge (Elohim).
This confirms who the mesage is to: "But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler.”

So if you are a king, you are like a god in that sense, ruling and judging.
Common folks like us are like gods to the amimal kingdom, that's about it. We can squash a bug or slaughter a calf for our own purpose.

As far as the rest of your post, I like it. But a correction was needed, perspective.
Actually that is how the verse reads in the Bible. It was not me capitalizing it! However, I understand you point, and the verses in general show that Jesus used the small "g" afterwards. So the capitalization must be meant to cover the importance of understanding, which those Jews then didn't understand! Thus the tread was about the importance of understanding how "Oneness" works!! It is something that is somewhat forbidden to discuss on this forum, but isn't that missing the importance of "Oneness"?

When God comes into our life, even the Holy Spirit of God indwelling us, then we are small 'g' gods just because we have God with us an in us. Never-the-less we still die like the men we are - and that is because we still have to get rid of the flesh! I believe Jesus purposely expressed this misunderstanding by the religious Jews for the same reason we misunderstand the importance of God being One and Jesus asking that we be one with Him like He is one with the Father. If we truly understood that we are the temple of God with God living as one with us inside our flesh, then we would act differently, and would have a better understanding!! But because we don't understand that we are one with Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit in us, we don't understand the position we are in God!!

Anyway, let me give the verses from the OP again - and note that it was not me but was the NASB Bible that has it capitalized. So ask yourself, and better yet ask the Lord, why it is capitalized! Could it be that if we truly and fully understood this Oneness principle that we too might be called God, being one with Him like Jesus was One with His Father? Of course Jesus did and said only what the Father told Him, and we are not perfect like that are we?

Jn 10:31 - 38 The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’? “If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? “If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.”

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. If we truly understood that we are the temple of God with God living as one with us inside our flesh, then we would act differently, and would have a better understanding!! But because we don't understand that we are one with Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit in us, we don't understand the position we are in God!!
He doesn't live in our flesh!
Soul = Mind, Will, Emotions, Personality (range of habits), talents, the invisible you.
Spirit = The New Eternal you which takes all that is good of you. As the mind is highly integrated with the brain, our spirit is our purified self. We are born with a dead spirit or spiritual compartment if your will. We can think of this as a God compartment within us that is empty, like a cell phone without a battery. Then we are born again, transformed, thisbdead spiritual essence comes to life and God dwells in this place.

Man is designed like the Old Testament Temple. It was a physical template, divided into different sections, it had a Most Holy Place (the Holy of Holies), where God dwelled, behind the veil. Only the High Priest could enter. It was where the Ark of the Covenant was as well.

* When our High Priest (Jesus) enters our hearts (the Temple), He enters into the Courtyard, then into the Holy Place and then lifts the veil of the Most Holy Place so we can see ourselves and the world and have communion with Him.

* The Most Holy Place is our spirit, where God dwells - In Christ.

* The WORD
enters in and divides the soul and spirit. The proof text:
"For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

* The Holy Place
represents our soul.

* The spirit and soul are the heart of man
. It is highly integrated, yet separate, part of us is pure and the other part not. When we die our pure spirit moves on leaving the flesh behind.

* The Courtyard represents our body.

** Our soul and body (the flesh) is where sin dwells.

* The Table of Showbread contained the bread and wine which represents our fellowship (communion) with God.

* The Lampstand was always lit in the Old Temple. Since Jesus is the Light, we are now able to see spiritually.

* The Bronze Laver was used for cleansing before entering the tabernacle to perform sacrifices. It represents the cleansing of the new believer, the baptism by water and our willingness to receive forgiveness and spiritual cleansing.

"And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna." Matt.10:28
Here we have a distinction between body and soul. I like what CS Lewis said, We are a living soul, we have a body. What is a living soul. A plant or tree is not a living soul. It does not have consciousness, a mind, emotions, will, personality. Animals have souls, but they do not have a spirit.