1 cor 15:12-21 The signification of the resurrection !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
1 cor 15: 12Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Paul writes to the Corinthians, in vs 17, if Christ is not risen, then your faith is vain and ye are yet in your sins.. Conversely, this means that if Christ is risen, then those for whom He died for are not in their sins, and their faith is not in vain. The important thing to notice here is this; That being in ones sins or not being in our sins, is not contingent upons faith, but upon the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. You see, when Jesus Christ rose from the dead, He rose not as a mere private person, but as the Head and Shepard of the sheep. Heb 13: 20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, This means, that all the sins of the sheep, of whom He laid down His life for per Jn 10: 11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. It was for all these, the sheep, not the goats, not the tares, but the sheep, His resurrection announced that God had acquitted them, Justifying them legally in His courtroom of Justice.. rom 4: 25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our [Sheep] justification.So you see, If Christ had not risen, then the sheep would be still in their sins..and because the Shepherd lives, the sheep, no matter what generation, shall live also.. 1 cor 15: 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive jn 14: 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. Jesus in the scripture above was solely speaking to His sheep, even judas had departed from their presence at this time.. The antichrist ministers and followers corrupt this blessed doctrine, and teach that the remission of sins is contingent upon the creature, but thats false. The remission of sins was contingent upon Jesus Christ shedding His blood per matt 26: 28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. And for all the Many [not all ] that His blood was shed for, upon His resurrection, it was Gods way of saying, their sins have been remitted, they shall not die in their sins..and they too, shall live, for Christ was the Firstfruits of those who will be resurrected from the dead..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lace the cake and sow it with poison, so that those that eat of it may die. So much truth mixed with untruth.(1Ti 4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;(1Ti 4:2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;1Ti 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. Their is truth in what He says, but take heed lest you be decieved. namely the part about only the elect being saved.In His Love,

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
[quote name='mjrhealth;73405]Lace the cake and sow it with poison' date=' so that those that eat of it may die. So much truth mixed with untruth. (1Ti 4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1Ti 4:2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 1Ti 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. Their is truth in what He says, but take heed lest you be decieved. namely the part about only the elect being saved. In His Love,[/QUOTE'] You reject Gods Truth continually..

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
1 cor 15: 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. What is this order here paul is talking about in relation to the resurrection ? I know the false teaching of the universalist have exploited this verse to give it a meaning it never meant to have, that of, that all men, elect and reprobated, sheep and goats, tares and wheat, the seed of the women and the seed of the serpent will be raised up unto salvation in some kinda of order, well thats false teaching. The word order here is the greek word:tagma which means:that which has been arranged, thing placed in order2) a body of soldiers, a corps3) band, troop, class Its an Divine arrangement.. This specifically is zeroing in on those who are christ at His coming. Thats is, those who belong to christ, those given to Him by the father. jn 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. Those are the ones, who belong to christ, and will be his at his coming. God has arranged that some that belong to christ shall not sleep, but will be alive at His coming per 1 cor 15: 50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. Jesus christ was the first and the head of those who shall be risen from the dead, and hence, those given to Him as His body, they to by him, will be risen from the dead as Jesus says was the fathers will per jn 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. So thats the order, the arrangement of resurrection, First Christ, the First Fruits, then those whom are His at His coming, thats the order.. Not some universal salvation for all mankind, devil kind and the like, but pertaining to those who belong to Christ..

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
As usual,you just quote a bunch of verses give your own interptation ignore subject and object and ignore what doesnt fit and give your half baked opinion Why dont you explain to me what kind of bodies the dead that are raised have. What does All mean?Flesh and blood can not enter the kingdom of God and its here on earth How does every eye see Christ when flesh and blood can not look upon him and live why is this called a Mystery ... So tell me if I was born a couple hundred years ago on some Island where and I was a kind and goodly man and died there without ever hearing of Jesus christ. My flesh body would have long ago turned back to the dust from which it came ... according to you Im not a believer so I cant be changed to an incoruptable body. So tell me what kind of body am I raised to ... remember Im only appointed once to die in the flesh ..so please explain to me what sort of body I have? and give me the scripture to support your claim ... of course we both know you wont answer this as you never do when questioned just call me unchristain.

Glenn

Apr 5, 2009
savedbygrace57;73403]1 cor 15: [B][SIZE=1]12[/SIZE][/B]Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead said:
13[/B]But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Paul writes to the Corinthians, in vs 17, if Christ is not risen, then your faith is vain and ye are yet in your sins.. Conversely, this means that if Christ is risen, then those for whom He died for are not in their sins, and their faith is not in vain. The important thing to notice here is this; That being in ones sins or not being in our sins, is not contingent upons faith, but upon the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. You see, when Jesus Christ rose from the dead, He rose not as a mere private person, but as the Head and Shepard of the sheep. Heb 13: 20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, This means, that all the sins of the sheep, of whom He laid down His life for per Jn 10: 11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. It was for all these, the sheep, not the goats, not the tares, but the sheep, His resurrection announced that God had acquitted them, Justifying them legally in His courtroom of Justice.. rom 4: 25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our [Sheep] justification.So you see, If Christ had not risen, then the sheep would be still in their sins..and because the Shepherd lives, the sheep, no matter what generation, shall live also.. 1 cor 15: 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive jn 14: 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. Jesus in the scripture above was solely speaking to His sheep, even judas had departed from their presence at this time.. The antichrist ministers and followers corrupt this blessed doctrine, and teach that the remission of sins is contingent upon the creature, but thats false. The remission of sins was contingent upon Jesus Christ shedding His blood per matt 26: 28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. And for all the Many [not all ] that His blood was shed for, upon His resurrection, it was Gods way of saying, their sins have been remitted, they shall not die in their sins..and they too, shall live, for Christ was the Firstfruits of those who will be resurrected from the dead..
No need for remissions of sins plural today! just like those alive before the law came into the world had no imputed sins, only the death sentence brought about by adams one trangession that was imputed to all his off spring.Lots of time period issues that do not apply today, we are not under the demands of the law nor its imputation.The law demanded death for some sins also; and were with out hope unless someone died in their place lots of tradistion today that is living with one leg in that generation, and one leg in this age of grace.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
glenn says:
No need for remissions of sins plural today!
That is true, Christ blood once and for all settles that for those it pertains to, but maybe all for whom it applies may not have knowledge of it..

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
The point that was not to be missed is that, those would be raised at the second coming that belonged to the Lord Jesus Christ. All don't belong to Jesus Christ..Jesus explains that at the end of the age, which is NOW, that two sorts of people those whom the Son of Man sowed, and those whom the wicked one sowed Matt 13:37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. So it is those in vs 37, the good seed, that are Christ at His return..But now getting back to the benefits of the resurrection of Christ for His people. Those for whom Christ died and rose again have sure benefits, in that they partake of His resurrection in a Twofold sense. #1.They will partake in a spiritual resurrection from spiritual death while in this life. Having been born spiritually dead by nature, dead in sin..Paul says to the elect colossians in 2 1313And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;Being dead here is in the present tense, while being presently dead in your sins, He [ God] quickened you together with Christ..That is He made you alive together with Him, Jesus Christ. How was that done ? By Gods power per eph 1:19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, This quickening has nothing to do with mens freewill, his choice, or none of that false teaching, but purely an act of the Divine Sovereignty..The elect by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, are ensured a spiritual resurrection from spiritual death, to be made alive..All for whom Christ died and rose, will [ with 1000% guaranteed] will be spiritually risen from the grave of sin and death.. Jn 5:25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.This is spiritual resurrection here being referenced ..

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I see so we are back to your only a few selected predestioned Elect are choosen your calvanistic false doctrine to explain what you have no answers for ....

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
So those for whom Christ died will benefit with a spiritual resurrection, which is the First resurrection BTW per rev 20:6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And they will also partake of a physical, bodily resurrection if they have died in the Lord already, at His coming.. 1 cor 15:22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.Jn 5:28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.Dan 12:1And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.Now the references the references in Jn 5 28, 29 and dan 12 : 1, 2 of the resurrection do indicate both the saved and the unsaved, but they are headed to different destinies. The unsaved will be headed for eternal damnation and shame, the saved to Glory and Honor to be with the Lord. But going back to 1 cor 15 21-23 this reference is pertaining to the saved only contextually speaking, those that are His at his coming. All will not belong to Jesus Christ at His coming, for some will belong to the wicked one at the end of the age per matt 13:37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.Notice Jesus said at the end of the age, there will be tares [ which belong not to Christ] present, and these are children of the wicked one 13:38b, so these are not included in the 1 cor 15 23 reference , for they are not His [ Jesus Christ ] at His coming.So what does every man in His own order mean really ? It certainly cannot mean what the deceiving universalist say it means, that all whomever lived, in their own order will partake of Christ everlasting Life, because all that ever lived did not belong to Christ, for the Tares, the children of the devil, never belonged to Christ, neither did he sew them into the world per matt 13:37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; But Jesus says that their Father the devil sowed them into the world matt 13:but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; So according to ones own order could only mean:the order regarded is that of head and members, the firstfruits and the harvest. !Jesus Christ is the Head, and His members should follow..His resurrection was the harbinger for His members.Col 1:18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.rev 1:5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,So the order is that of Head and then members..and nothing to do with the salvation of all devils and reprobates at some future time after the end as some falsely teach..

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Jesus Christ is the Firstfruits of them which sleep 1 cor 15 20But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.Christ resurrection was First Fruit unto God, for He was made alive from the dead as a forerunner, as a ensurer of the fruit that was to come, that being the others He was the head of, His body the church. For they too would be risen from the dead. Col 1:18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.He has preeminence in being the First to rise from the dead into immortal life..rev 1:5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, cp to vs18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Another passage that brings out this Truth of Jesus Christ being the first fruit of fruit to come is here in Jn cpt 12:23And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat [Himself] fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.Notice He through death will produce fruit, eternal life !vs 32:32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.Amen, thats the fruit, those coming to Him in Faith and repentance which evidences their resurrected life ..In other words, The Lord Jesus Christ death and resurrection produces and ensures believers in him..Thats the fruit He refers to in vs 24..Jn 4 :36And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together..Those believing on the Son hath eternal life.. jn 6:47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.Believing on Jesus means , we are His fruit, believing manifest that truth..Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.Eating of Jesus Christ flesh and drinking of his blood are spiritual acts, and can only be done by those who have been given spiritual and eternal life..Also eating and drinking are synonyms for believing on Him..Jesus resurrected life produces believers [ fruit ] [Through the Holy Ghost] in him and not mans freewill decision or choice..

Christian Commando

Nov 8, 2007
If I may, I'd like to cover several points made within this topic, to show God's Truth about them- 1- Ressurrection of the dead- A- Paul to Corinth teaches us that in order for man to enter Heaven the snful has to take on sinlessness, corupt- incorruption. B- Jesus took two disciples up on a hillside and was transformed- (transfigured) before them- in other words, His physical body was transformed into the perfected Glorified Body, He would recieve upon ressurrection. C- God declares- the dead in christ shall rise first, then those who are alive, will be caught up with them, to meet the Lord in the clouds, and so shall we be with the Lord forever. D- To be absent from the body and present with the Lord 2- Whats this "ressurrection" mean? 2-A- First ressurrection- At the Rapture, when Christ comes to call for His Church- (Body of Christ), the spirits of already physically dead Saints come with Him and are rejoined to thier ressurrected glorified bodies. A- Read the vision God gave to Ezekiel about the huge grave yard God had Ezekiel raise the bones and "sinuin flesh"- (perfected, glorified flesh) came upon them. B- When Christ appeared to the Disciples, He approached "Doubting Thomas" and even tho in His ressurrected Glorified Body, told Thomas to touch him, touch His WOUNDS and Believe. Note- In a couple Gospel books, its shown as well, at the Disciples first seeing of Jesus, they thought He was a "spirit". 2-B- Second "ressurrection"- When Christ bodily returns to Earth to rule and reign for 1,000 years, Scriptures declare His Saints will rule and reign with Him all this time. But, those who were converted during the anti-christ's reign and killed, have to be ressurrected and brought into the Kingdom also, which Scripture declares happens. This is the "second ressurrection". 2-C- Third "Ressurrection"- After the 1,000 year reign, God shows how the "Great White throne Judgement" will occur. (Same event as "Judgement Seat of Christ"). Why? With both references, Scriptures clearly show, some will be raised to everlasting life, others to everlasting shame. Death and Hell give up the dead, the sea gave up the dead, etc, etc. so at this time, Scriptures declare the sheep will be seperated from the goats and judgement set forth. This is where now then, every knee shall bow before the throne of God. 3- Physical bodies ressurrected- Noted clearly in above examples. 4- No need for remission of sins today- Hehe, yea, heard this alot too. There is clearly a need for "ongoing" remission of sins, even for Believers today, even if the Blood of Christ saves us from eternal death/torment. Why? What happened to King Saul, after all the corrections God gave him, but Saul would not quit sinning against God? God removed Saul's annointing, allowed an evil spirit to come upon him, then physical death by suicide. And you don't find King Saul's name listed amongst the names of Old Test. Patriarchs the Apostles give. Even tho Saul was chosen, called, anointed and appointed by God at the start. This goes along with Heb. 6:4-6- 4- "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the Heavenly Gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5- And have tasted of the good Word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6- If they shall fall away, to renew them unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame." An unsaved, cannot put Christ to an "open shame." Only those who originally belonged to God but turned away later. Historical accounts show, this part was written to Hebrew Jews, who had first grown up sacrificing animals, then after Christ came, they changed to following Him. After He died, was ressurrected and left the Earth, they eventually turned back to animal sacrificing. If we follow according to the world, we are of our father the Devil, but if we belong to and follow God, we are of our Father- God. God teaches us in His Word today, it is a "MUST" to seek His forgiveness for sins and repent- (turn away from it/them) each time we do so. If we do not, we can easily fall under the same evil influence that convinced Saul he did not have to either. Yet God will chastize us off and on like Saul, to try and bring us back- (Prodigal son Parable). But, if we refuse to listen and continue in sin, God will eventually let us go over to Satan and an early grave. And sin, if we believe we don't have to repent and seek God's forgiveness, becomes intentional after so long, because we believe we don't have to seek forgivenes or repent of them to God. How can God's children stay humble and want God to lead them more, growing in thier relationship with God, if we only have to worry about getting saved and living as "we want" after that? While God declares no other can pluck someone out of his Hand, we can, by personal choice, decide to walk away from God on our own. God Bless!!