1 CORINTHIANS 1:10 DIVISIONS IN THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of Paul -- by definition -- cannot be different from the teachings of Christ and the apostles.

Since Christ is the Good Shepherd, the Great Shepherd, and the Chief Shepherd, who gave His life for the sheep, then He is the one whom every Christian must follow (as did Paul). We are not to elevate Paul to the level of Christ.
no one is elevating Paul, for it is the Spirit's words not Paul's, for Paul is only an ambassador of Christ, and a ambassador speak not of himself but he who sends him. so the words Paul's is JESUS, unless he tells us that he speak by permission. when are we going to learn that it is not the apostles own words or opinions. Paul, James, and Peter...and the rest are only messengers, mail mens, only carrying the message of the Lord Jesus.
so if one follow Paul, he or she is following Christ, if another follow Peter, then one is following Christ, if one follows James, then one is following Christ... ect.

and please note one thing on division, Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Matthew 10:35 "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Matthew 10:36 "And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Matthew 10:37 "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.Matthew 10:38 "And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Matthew 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

so before or after one comes into the KNOWLEDGE of Christ, all those carnal cares of the world must cease, this is why there are so many divison amoung "people", not "christians. for there is no division in the church, but it might be division in "YOUR" local congergation. for when one find the gate that that is to the narrow path, then there is no division.

God, the Lord Jesus, the Father himself said "Separate" yourself,
2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2 Corinthians 6:18 "And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty".

now my question is this? "have you separate from the world?

now one other thing, WHO SAID, "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separat?". the Lord Almighty, right, now I must teach, who was sent? listen, Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me". if some say it was the "son" who was sent, (and he was), then how is the Lord Almighty here in 2 Corinthians 6:18 is the Father, and it is the "Son" who is the "Lord", and God. scripture, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am". ok, Jesus is Lord, good, but is he Lord and "GOD?", lets see, John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:29 "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed". ...... :eek: do we believe? hence comes "DIVISION". we're saying the same thing, but understanding NOT the same thing. hence the division.

PICJAG.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no one is elevating Paul, for it is the Spirit's words not Paul's, for Paul is only an ambassador of Christ, and a ambassador speak not of himself but he who sends him.
You have gone off on a tangent and taken a partial quote from my post for that purpose. I was responding to this statement by Doug, who believes that Peter and Paul had two different Gospels, therefore we should ignore Peter and focus on Paul (Hyper-Dispensationalism).

"Division in the church results from not all solely following the revealed doctrine of Paul".
As anyone can see, this is a patently false statement.

James tells us why divisions arise in the churches, and Paul confirms that: From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.(James 4:1,2)

1 CORINTHIANS 3
1And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas
there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

It should be clear to everyone that there is no difference between the teachings of Christ and ANY OF THE OTHER APOSTLES. Once we start making divisions on the basis of following Paul or Peter, we will have nothing but strife and confusion.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Division in the church results from not all solely following the revealed doctrine of Paul". As anyone can see, this is a patently false statement.
James tells us why divisions arise in the churches, and Paul confirms that: From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.(James 4:1,2
Yes, so everyone grows up in a group-think of one kind or another, opposed to Jesus, unless they are in that small group of few who are raised right according to God and God's Word.
They 'think' their group, since birth, or since they joined it, is the 'right' one, or at least that it accepts them, so they like it.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

This debate is sounding now very like that condemned by Paul in 1 Corinthians 1:12-13.

Paul, Peter and the twelve all spoke as directed by their risen Lord. Yet it was to Paul that the truth concerning the Church of this present dispensation was given: The Church which is His Body, 'the fullness of Him that filleth all in all' (Ephesians 1:22-23). As it's Steward he was made responsible for it's declaration: the truth of which is found in those letters written following it's revelation (namely:- Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon), built on the foundation of Romans 5:12 to 8:39.

Praise God!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, Peter and the twelve all spoke as directed by their risen Lord. Yet it was to Paul that the truth concerning the Church of this present dispensation was given: The Church which is His Body, 'the fullness of Him that filleth all in all' (Ephesians 1:22-23). As it's Steward he was made responsible for it's declaration: the truth of which is found in those letters written following it's revelation (namely:- Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon)
Ye, and all the Apostles confirmed and believed the truth with the Apostle Paul as revealed to them all by the Father in Heaven, through Jesus Christ the Same Yesterday, Today, and Forever....

In the world of religion and religious forums, multitudes reject this truth of Scripture, even though verified by God's Word and Spirit.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord,
beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is
one body, and
.. one Spirit, even as ye are called in
.... one hope of your calling;
...... One Lord,
........ one faith,
.......... one baptism,
............ One God and Father of all,
Who is above all,
.. and through all,
.... and in you all.
But unto every one of us is given grace
according to the measure of the gift of Christ.'

(Ephesians 4:1-7)

* What a cause of rejoicing this is, isn't it!

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ye, and all the Apostles confirmed and believed the truth with the Apostle Paul as revealed to them all by the Father in Heaven, through Jesus Christ the Same Yesterday, Today, and Forever....

In the world of religion and religious forums, multitudes reject this truth of Scripture, even though verified by God's Word and Spirit.

Hello @Joseph77,

Yes to all of the Apostles and Prophets of the New Testament, the truth of 'The Mystery of Christ' was made known, having been the subject of the writings of the Old Testament Prophets, but revealed to them by Divine revelation. However it was to Paul alone that 'The Mystery', which concerns the Church which is the Body of Christ was made known, and to no other: having been 'hid in God' (Ephesians 3:9) since the world began: and it was through Him alone that it was made known in his later epistles, written from Rome while a prisoner of the risen Christ.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However it was to Paul alone that 'The Mystery', which concerns the Church which is the Body of Christ was made known, and to no other, having been 'hid in God' (Ephesians 3:9) since the world began: and it was through Him alone that it was made known in his later epistles, written from Rome while a prisoner of the risen Christ.
No conflict there, with the realization that they all "tested" his message, and the Father in heaven made known, revealed to them, granted to them, as written, true experiential knowledge abiding in Christ Jesus, for all that was delivered to them,
whether thru Jesus, the Apostle Paul, or other messenger.

As written, unless the Father in heaven granted it (to be grasped, understood, comprehended), no man is/was/ able to receive it.

Reactions: charity