10 Surprising Things That Impair Your Intelligence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good one!!
I didn't know about the dim lighting. Interesting.
I don't own a cell phone so no worries there.
I found the multi-tasking an interesting one. I would have thought it would have helped not hindered...so I'll stop that. :D

Sugar...a failing of mine...I like cookies and chocolate :oops: ( but so did my dad!)
The rest don't apply...and the spanking I can't agree with...even the bible says it is needed in child correction. We are the worse for banning it...we are reaping it in our youth now...spoilt brats.

Interesting read....I will work on the sugar!!

Reactions: bbyrd009

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. Who writes this stuff? Being spanked as a child? Is it another anti-spanking campaign? I know a lot of people who were spanked, myself included, who are well above the average intelligence. Some of the stuff listed makes sense, but that one is ridiculous.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Lol. Who writes this stuff? Being spanked as a child? Is it another anti-spanking campaign? I know a lot of people who were spanked, myself included, who are well above the average intelligence. Some of the stuff listed makes sense, but that one is ridiculous.
i tend to agree with you, but the IQ reduction in points can, after all, be counted on one hand here, so i'm not sure how much deviation is cited in the "study," etc, which i note is also not referenced properly, although i could dig it up. There are a lot of unmentioned variables possible in that, one might deserve a spanking v one who is just being abused, etc?

i was (apparently) getting whippings in the crib lol, and i turned out...ok, well nevermind then :D

Reactions: forrestcupp

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i tend to agree with you, but the IQ reduction in points can, after all, be counted on one hand here, so i'm not sure how much deviation is cited in the "study," etc, which i note is also not referenced properly, although i could dig it up. There are a lot of unmentioned variables possible in that, one might deserve a spanking v one who is just being abused, etc?

i was (apparently) getting whippings in the crib lol, and i turned out...ok, well nevermind then :D
Yeah, I guess true abuse could make a difference. But that's definitely not how they were making it seem.

Reactions: bbyrd009