100% All American Heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... What can I say... I am a 100% all American heretic... In their time the Orthodox, Catholic, and Calvinist would have burnt me at the stake.

"Whoever shall maintain that wrong is done to heretics and blasphemers in punishing them makes himself an accomplice in their crime and guilty as they are. There is no question here of man's authority; it is God who speaks, and clear it is what law he will have kept in the church, even to the end of the world. Wherefore does he demand of us a so extreme severity, if not to show us that due honor is not paid him, so long as we set not his service above every human consideration, so that we spare not kin, nor blood of any, and forget all humanity when the matter is to combat for His glory." - John Calvin

Well... Mr Calvin... Praising God that I was not born during your time and in your neck of the woods! :)

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Oh, yes, Heaven forbid us to teach sound doctrine so as not to offend the ignorant and misinformed with the truth. ;)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees had truth... Without they were very beautiful... Likened to whitened sepulchers. Inside ate up with hate, arrogance, and spiritual darkness. Jesus Christ was crucified by those who were astute in the law.

"It is not fitting, when one is in Gods service, to have a gloomy face or a chilling look." - Saint Francis of Assisi

When the face is gloomy and the look chilling, then the doctrine has served no useful purpose.