23 year old shot to death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

taciturnity

Oct 18, 2008
Last Saturday a 23 year old man who I worked with was shot to death in his own home. I was actually his supervisor at work for about 7 months. Rodney was a very likeable person, quiet natured, friendly, and always smiled. He just became a father for the first time on November 28.Please pray for his family and newborn son. :pray: This is very hard on everyone who knew him. The church was completely packed today at the viewing and funeral....I wonder if he knew how many people loved him.This is very hard for me because I know that he was not living a Christian life. The aspects of his lifestyle were quite a shock. He did not seem like a person who would be dealing drugs...but he was shot because of a drug deal gone bad.

• Sad
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I am sorry to hear all that. It got to so hard and tough for you taciturnity. I'll try to pray for you and his family. Again, sorry to hear this...

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
I am so sorry , sending my love and prayers .Heavenly Father embrace this family with your Spiritual love, comfort thier hearts,in your precious name, Amen.:pray:

taciturnity

Oct 18, 2008
Thank you for the prayers. His family put in the obituary that he knew Christ...I'm afraid he didn't completely. He knew about Christ, but did not live a life that was pleasing to God. This was the first funeral I have been to where I was almost 100% sure that this person did not make it to Heaven. I am mourning a lost soul. While I was in church today I thought about how much he must be suffering now....and not in a better place. This has been quite an eye opener.

GodzGirll

Dec 31, 2008
That makes me really sad. My heart hurts for the family but most of all for him.Lord, be with his family. Comfort them. Wrap your loving arms around all who were affected by this tragedy. When we cry, you cry. You love us more then your own life. Speak to their hearts. Lead them to the light.